The Fall of LV-6329: An Aliens Universe Survival Game

Started by Urbanzorro, April 07, 2011, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

I agree that shared history adds a lot to the story.  It also sets up the squad as a group with establised trust or lack thereof both within themselves and in regards to the other squad. 

Replacing someone who was killed or injured is a great idea.  Poor Cooper.  Fresh out of training AND stepping into another guy's shoes, lol.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Aiden

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
Lol I remember that as well, good for you that he didn't :P

I am pretty sure you would have done something to take it out of the game early, all Gms are evil bastards like that. But also the uplink to father was cool but I never used it since it was kinda "cheap".

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CmdrRenegade

Quote from: Michael Corvus on April 09, 2011, 11:02:46 PM
Hells to the YEAAH, baby! WOOOOOOO!!! Rome is back mother fuckas and Ima kill all you bitch ass bugs... fuckin' dickheads!

hehe, sorry... couldn't resist.

"Good to have you back, Rome."
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Kuroneko

Too bad we can't all have kick ass video intros, lol. 

Haibane

From what Urban said all the old Kilo people have full recollections of LV-1875, its just they've been shunted off to hell-hole outposts on the edge of nowhere with no-one to talk to about it, and told that if they do talk *makes gesture of finger drawn across throat*. So Mengsk should know everything, just like Yui, Rome, Sarge, etc.

Is that right Urban or did I misunderstand something?

Urbanzorro

Mengsk is a special case, as the Lt his de-brief was a lot more 'intense' and some aspects of his memories have been screwed about with because of it, i.e. their are gaps, false memories, ect. Though a good hard slap of truth/familiar faces may clear it up ;D   

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 04:35:27 PM
Though a good hard slap of truth/familiar faces may clear it up ;D
Rome!? Come here, we need you!

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2011, 12:23:01 PM
WHOO HOO!  APC!  Ohhhhhh, yeaaaaaah!!!

Anyone else in squad three want to work out previous history? Or do we all want to be a new squad assigned to the mission?  I'm up for either.  ;D

I'm down. I figure Marcus had been out of basic for about a year now, so it's likely he's formed some kind of relationship with some of the others. It really depends on what kind of action, or lack thereof, 3rd squad has seen up to this point.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Michael Corvus

My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Haibane

Try and keep up, dear. Mengsk's brain went awol and you need to remind him about all the fun and lovable psycopaths characters he knew in Kilo. I figured you were the best person to jog his memory.

Aiden

Or the inside of a Synthetic's throat...  ^-^

*cough*

Damn...that does feel like the real thing! -groan-

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Haibane on April 10, 2011, 05:57:33 PM
Try and keep up, dear. Mengsk's brain went awol and you need to remind him about all the fun and lovable psycopaths characters he knew in Kilo. I figured you were the best person to jog his memory.

"Oh... Right, Senjo." stomps over to Mengsk and slaps both big hands on his shoulders firmly, gripping and shaking him like he were trying to loose a stray coin from an old piggy bank. "El TEE! EL TEE! IT'S ME! ROME. WAKE THE FUCK UP AND QUIT ACTING LIKE A BITCH!" Still gripping Mengk's arms, he glances back over his shoulder at Senjo with an expectant grin. "How's that?"
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Kuroneko

*falls down laughing* 

He's an officer AND a mariachi  8-)

Athos

Quote from: Kuroneko on April 10, 2011, 05:35:00 PM
Given that Marcus took a state sponsored enlistment to get out of prison, it might be good if he's proven he can be trusted when shit goes down.  Beyond his spectacular body, I mean  ::)

Or even better, if he he's proven the opposite and has earned the ire of the rest of the squad.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Kuroneko

Quote from: Athos on April 10, 2011, 09:58:45 PM
Or even better, if he he's proven the opposite and has earned the ire of the rest of the squad.

ACK!  I accidentally deleted that last post you quoted!  I'm a dork.

Up to you dude, he's your guy ;).  Riska's going to think he's hot either way >.>.  I mean, she's going to think he's a loose cannon that can't be trusted.  Yeah.  That's what I meant ...  ::)

Urbanzorro

The IC thread is up!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=103426.0

So is the OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=103427.0

I'll have a database/character thread up asap.

Also I'd like to announce we have one more player/character ;D

She will be played by Dragondancer and take up one of 1st squad's  'Squad member' slots currently held by the NPCs

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Kuroneko

WHOOT!  Just FYI - both of those links go to the OOC thread ;).

Dragondancer

Thanks, Urbanzorro for letting me slide in to the game at the last minute...

*waves hi to everyone*

I'm really looking forward to it!!  ;D

Dragondancer

Name: Angelina DeSilva

Position in platoon/rank: squad member/private

Personal history:  Rumored to be the daughter of an infamously brutal militia leader, the details of Angelina DeSilva’s life growing up in Columbia and her subsequent enlistment in the USMC are known only to her and those at military pay grades high enough to allow access to her classified files. Although new within the ranks of the U.S. military, it’s obvious by the way she carries herself and handles her weapons that she has garnered substantial experience somewhere.  Although she tends to be quietly observant, she does not shy away from confrontation - whether it be in battle or amongst egotistical personnel or rowdy civilians. Actions are what speak to Angelina, and she has no tolerance for BS or empty promises. For her trust is earned, and not simply given. Having seen more than her share of tragedy, pain and suffering in her life, she has come through whatever she’s endured mostly intact physically, mentally and emotionally.  Although her physical scars are healed and visible to any she may allow to get close enough to see them, her emotional scars are not as obvious even though they run much deeper.  She constantly battles internally to balance the two disparate sides of her personality; the serene, caring and loving woman and the ragingly violent killer. Fiercely loyal to those she allows inside her protective shell, Angelina is someone who gives as good as she gets.

Stats Before Equipment:

Health: 10
Attack:  5
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy: 5
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 5
Defense: 3
Perception: 5
Stealth: 7
Luck: 3

Kit:

M12 Pattern Advanced Personal Armor (+1 Health, +3 Defense, Defense stat is immune to Acid based attacks)
M111 Combat Helmet (+1 Defense, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Side Mounted Helmet Camera (+1 Perception, +1 Intelligence when deciding the outcome of a major event)
Shoulder Born Flashlight (+2 Perception)
Combat Knife (+1 Attack)
M41A Pulse Rifle (+3 Ranged Attack)
Under slung grenade launcher (+2 Ranged Attack, -1 Stealth)
Stun Grenade (+1 Intelligence, lowers enemies Agility by 1, has a 50% chance of permanently lowering a “boss” opponent’s Perception and Accuracy)
Lucky Round (+2 Luck)
Medic training (+1 Health, +1 Defense, +1 Health added to all marines involved with any enemy encounter when medic trained marine is present)

Stats After Equipment:

Health: 12
Attack: 6
Ranged Attack: 5
Accuracy: 5
Agility: 7
Intelligence: 8
Defense: 8
Perception: 8
Stealth: 6
Luck: 5

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Haibane

Quote from: Urbanzorro on April 10, 2011, 12:00:53 PM
...with the one requirement that Aiden's character is new to the squad if you choose to have known one another.
At which point we need the obligatory:

Amandil: How many drops is this for you, Lieutenant?
Mengsk: Thirty eight... simulated.
Mathias: How many *combat* drops?
Mengsk: Uh, two. Including this one.
Cooper: Shit.
Danko: Oh, man...

EDIT: 1st sqd has no player leader, yes? What's the plan for that, will sarge take charge?

Kuroneko