Sundown Seattle: (Witches, Werewolves & Vampires, Oh My!)

Started by ajtrue, January 30, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy Sky

Great! That's exactly the sort of clarification that I needed.  I will get a snippet for your consideration. Thank you.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Lynnette

Considering a witch character, at the moment I'm thinking a cheeky Australian, too weak for the accent  ::) Currently thinking hydrokinesis as far as powers goes, but I've yet to make my mind up on that matter.

Also, just as a point of reference, how powerful is the magic? Let's say with pyrokinesis, if you go all out, is it a lighter spark, campfire, or forest-fire? Those are exaggerations of course, but it would be nice to know roughly where the line is drawn.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Amelita

Quote from: Lynnette on February 02, 2016, 05:42:58 PM
Considering a witch character, at the moment I'm thinking a cheeky Australian, too weak for the accent  ::) Currently thinking hydrokinesis as far as powers goes, but I've yet to make my mind up on that matter.

Also, just as a point of reference, how powerful is the magic? Let's say with pyrokinesis, if you go all out, is it a lighter spark, campfire, or forest-fire? Those are exaggerations of course, but it would be nice to know roughly where the line is drawn.
The general idea in Sundown is to let people shape their characters and interpret them how they want, as long as it's within reasonable scales and fits the setting. This is from the information:

QuoteSkill level for both [major and minor abilities] again depends on will, skill and linage of the individual witch.

I'm reluctant to go into extreme detail on it, and this is a new type of character in the game so there's nothing already written to reference, but obviously setting forest fires would make a character overpowered and being able to light a candle at most would be kind of pointless as a power.

The happy middle ground is a very broad scale.

I know this doesn't really answer anything, but we don't want to be too specific.

As an example of what I can give you in terms of this, is how the werewolf side is written in the game. Some interpret it as the wolf being a separate entity, some as part of the same one. Some interpret it as being able to communicate with their wolf side in a way while others do not. Those things are up to each writer to decide.

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on February 02, 2016, 05:51:40 PM
*lurks in the shadows while pondering some ideas...*

Yessssss come back, come back...

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

GnothiSeauton

I've been wanting to get back in on this for a while now. I may have to do it finally.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Amelita

I heard a "ooooh Gnothi is coming back?" earlier.

Literally.

-temps the Gnothi with cookies and ebilness-

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Amelita on February 02, 2016, 06:23:09 PM
I heard a "ooooh Gnothi is coming back?" earlier.

Literally.

-temps the Gnothi with cookies and ebilness-

Well if you're bringing out cookies, I guess I have to now.

Going to try and think on some character ideas, see if I can't get something to stick in my mind.

Seeking New Stories

Amelita

Quote from: Crash on February 02, 2016, 07:07:33 PM
Did you all get my PM?

Yes we did, sorry for the wait ;)

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on February 02, 2016, 07:11:30 PM
Well if you're bringing out cookies, I guess I have to now.

Going to try and think on some character ideas, see if I can't get something to stick in my mind.

-cheers wildly-

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lynnette

Quote from: Amelita on February 02, 2016, 06:02:04 PM
The general idea in Sundown is to let people shape their characters and interpret them how they want, as long as it's within reasonable scales and fits the setting. This is from the information:

I'm reluctant to go into extreme detail on it, and this is a new type of character in the game so there's nothing already written to reference, but obviously setting forest fires would make a character overpowered and being able to light a candle at most would be kind of pointless as a power.

The happy middle ground is a very broad scale.

I know this doesn't really answer anything, but we don't want to be too specific.

As an example of what I can give you in terms of this, is how the werewolf side is written in the game. Some interpret it as the wolf being a separate entity, some as part of the same one. Some interpret it as being able to communicate with their wolf side in a way while others do not. Those things are up to each writer to decide.

Yessssss come back, come back...

Nah, it's alright, I wasn't expecting a clear-cut answer to begin with, I was just curious, I've seen a lot of bizarre interpretations of the matter. I'll see what I can get up today :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Crash

Quote from: Kokaine on February 02, 2016, 07:49:29 PM
*puts out pillows and sees what that might lure* ::)

**Fluffs the pillows to assess fluffiness**

<---- Official Pillow Inspector. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

ajtrue

Oof! Get stuck in a blizzard that drops 11 inches of snow and you miss out on lots of action! Sorry for the tardiness of the response but welcome to our new members. YOU SHOULD JOIN US! to those considering. ;) Hooray Gnothi! Welcome back. ;D

Lynette I'm sending you a PM right now. ^.^

Flower

Still searching! :-)

Flower's Looking For

Addison Helen Daniels: Addison never amounted to much after she completed high school. Insecurities and lack of support from her family eventually lead to her rejecting the idea of going away to a university or attending a community college. She literally tossed her dreams away for a minimum wage job, where she gets to listen to people complains about their toothaches and other oral problems. Her life forever changed when she encountered a young woman at a bus stop. She did not discover until too late that the woman was no mere woman at all. She was a vampire. Somehow, she managed to survive the attack but her family was not so fortunate. Every single one of them, even the children, was ruthlessly slaughter. Addison was left for dead. It was not her time though. A kind werewolf discovered her barely breathing body and decided to change her into one of their kind. She has not been the same since. The world frightens her. For this character, I am searching for someone who can help her break from her shell.

taken
Caius Gamlin: Cauis Gamlin has recently been turned by a vampire. He had no idea the creatures existed beyond badly written books and even worst Hollywood films. For this character, I am searching for a character who turned him, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and is now trying to help him adjust to his new life style.

Valyria Zabat: All Valyria, nicknamed Val, has ever known has been the thrill of the hunt. It has been one of the main points of stability within her life and she could not picture a world without it. For this reason, she has dedicated herself, mind, body, and soul, to the Hunter’s Guild and all it entails. Whereas her brother might hesitate to kill in some circumstances, she lashes out with a violence and anger which is rarely rivaled by those around her. Her personal life is nonexistence. For this character, I am seeking someone who could make her realize what she has been missing out for years. (Currently seeking a romantic interest, friends, enemies, etc.)   

Sienna Isolde Foster: I haven't the slightest clue what I want for this character. Nevertheless, I'm searching. xD

FarFetched

I'm very interested in this. I might send in a very... interesting character later. Need to read the lore, first.

Amelita

CurvyKitten

Welcome! I am totally open to plotting stuff, either with my current cast or even maybe making some new faces if I can get a muse behind it. These are my some blurbs about the characters I currently have, feel free to pm me. I tend to lose track of the ooc so pm is best :) Sorry I know some hate pms, but promise they don't bite. Oh and they aren't limited to their types, so don't worry if you have a wolf wanting to get to know a witch or a vamp, I'm game for anything that makes sense for the character :)

Also my Notebook and images of all my lovelies can be found HERE.

Vampires

Trinity Woodrow | Vampire: 
Trinity ran away from an abusive home, and was traveling in her AWESOME van when she ran into Drew. She had an amazing night but had no idea what it would lead to. He was a vampire and after a fire broke out he tried to save her by turning her. He thought it didn't work when she didn't rise and left her there and fled from the sun and the scene thinking it was all he could do. She came to Settle  fallowing rumors of vampires in the city. Is it true...or bull shit some Twilght fan girl started? She isn't sure, but if it glitters Trinity is so killing it with fire! She hasn't run into vampires, but she did run into a wolf that show her a few things about how to feed. She stuck with him for a while until he left town again. (looking for friends, enemies, and all the sort. Maybe she even made some friends with the wolves since she was hanging with one for a while?)
Brice Grason Turner | Vampire:
Brice just kind of goes with the flow of things. He hasn't had any real ambition in some time. Goes from job to job and doesn't seem to want to work up the vampire ladder in any real way. That isn't to say he isn't a good guy, he just has reasons for staying under the radar. He acts like a goofball, flirts a lot, and most times doesn't have the right thing to say. But he tries, and when you get close to him you see there is more to him. And how much he actually cares for those he lets in. (Looking for romance, though he is a play boy love em and leave em type. And the girl he sort had feelings for didn't feel the same way. So he isn't going to change his ways so easily, so be warned he may break your heart. Friends, enemies, and anything in between.)

Werewolf

Lexy Ursila Conners | Werewolf:
Lexy is a bit of a wild card, has kept to herself yet is know in the pack enough to be trusted. She seems to keep her personal things close to heart and letting someone in enough to see any of that is hard. But you wouldn't guess it with how open she is with most anything else. A fiery, intelligent, fun loving,smart ass and stubborn as hell, don't be surprised if she doesn't take no for an answer. Just ask Mathew :P What he needed a new office assistant! She makes a lot of fake ids and doctuments needed for the pack and so forth, works with Jaime Ella McIntyre on this. (looking for friends, past run ins before the pack, maybe even people that know about her brother? )

Elena Josephine  Evens | Werewolf:
Everything was normal for Elena before the night Kaela had her first change. She was a rather well off art curator, owned her house, was planning a trip to Paris the following summer and was hoping her daughter would get a new heart in time. It really was the only worry she had, Kaela's health had always been a constant issue. But than unexpectedly her life changed when Kaela changed for the first time. IN THEIR HOUSE! Kaela bit her than, and in turn gave her mother the curse. And all because she had one short fling with man she hasn't seen since, or well hadn't expected to ever see again. (Open to romance, friends, people from her past, enemies, anything really.)

Kaela Jaclyn Evens | Werewolf:
Kaela spent her whole life fighting to survive, her heart condition keeping her from really being able to live a normal life. Her mom tried but Kaela always felt she was meant for so much more. She had been told her father was dead, which is a point of friction between her and her mother, one of many actually. But she is newly changed and her heart is no longer an issue. Her mom may be scared of what is happening, but Kaela is embracing every aspect of it and loving it! (looking for romance, friends, mentor, and all sort of shenanigans.)

Mary Calico Bonny | Werewolf:
Daughter to Anne Bonny the famous pirate, was born after her grandfather paid to have her mother freed. Grew up during the great piracy age and took a great deal of her attitude from her mother. Now owns several business (greedy entrepreneur :P), her favorite being Sinfully Sweet a bakery known for its risque decorations and rude satire has become a rather popular spot in town. Other businesses include, Moonlight Inn (a bed and breakfast, Specializes in the supernatural clientele), Bonny's Bootlegger (a pub that host a variety of different client tell.), and lastly The Calico Stripclub. She is rumored to have her hands in a few less savory endeavors, but a good pirate never tells....:P Though most of those are probably all gone now. The Bootlegger probably survived since it is actually under ground. But is a bit worse for wear of course. (looking for friends, business partners, flings, people from her past, enemies, all sorts of possibilities here )

Human

Gina Alexandra Matherson | Human:
Gina is a foxy little red head with the fire cracker pop to back it up. She has always been tough and able to stand against whatever life throws at her, finding ways to survive and make ends meet. Gina isn't as soft and sweet as her name would lead you to believe. She has a strong will, a loyal heart, is stubborn as hell, and has a temper that can rival and shake anyone around her. With all that Gina was a loving and attentive mother, Jake was her world and she always did everything she had to for him. He had a heart condition so taking care of him was hard at times. But even with having to take on a second job that was less then respectable Gina never felt down, because it was for her little man. This new world and what it took from her has made her a bit harder, but there is still that wonderfully warm and vivacious red head underneath it all. She lost her son in the big apocalypses. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with her. Will she blame all supernaturals and turn on them? will she have someone help her through it and see the truth? Will she lose herself? Will she get eaten? LOL WHO KNOWS! (looking for romance, friends, future plotting and run ins, lots of openings and ideas. )

Witch

Jackson Maxwell Wallerstein
Jackson and his twin sister lost their parents early on and were forced to live with their uncle and his family. None of which wanted them there, apparently there had been a rift in between the family long before they were born and they were still paying the price for it as they grew up. Their family owned one of the biggest record companies in Cali until the end game. Jackson was still in collage working on his second degree despite no help from the family. And looked out for his friends and especially his twin sister Annabell, though he is the only one that can get away with calling her that. (looking for friends, mentor, enemies, ex's, and other possible ideas. Let me know)

Annabell Ambrosine  Wallerstein
Annabell grew up along side her brother, and realized that family isn't always blood. Sometimes its the people that earn your trust. Granted for her it takes a lot to trust someone and really open up to them. Sure she will joke and have a good time, drink a few with the boys, but letting see what she really feels and being vulnerable, well that is a whole other story. Seems harder to get to know than her brother. But when she does end up caring about you it shows. (looking for romance, friends, enemies, ex's, mentor, pretty much anything lol )

Kokaine

I, like the ladies above, am looking for a number of connections! So if you've been lurking or peeking or pondering you might as well give us a try :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

Thinking about doing a female witch or vampire...  If anyone is interested in possibly plotting and sketching out something, feel free to PM me.

Edit:  Since I've gotten a few PMs about this lately...  Went ahead and did up a female vampire who is a complete fucking nutjob boy crazy.  She's up in my Character Notebook.

Seeking New Stories

Dotley

Heyo! I am intrigued. Going to poke around a bit at all the info and see if any character ideas come to me :3
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Amelita

I'm so happy to see new people poke their heads in!

-leaves cookies and hot chocolate-

Kaisude

It's been a while but I'm in to these sort of rp so I want to throw my hat in. If you'll have me that is.

Kokaine

I have a young wolf, Oliver, that is in need of connections. In particular I am looking for a female best friend (human, vamp, or wolf), and a onlder woman (any species) who is either a manipulative ex or might be interested in something going forward.

My O/Os

FarFetched

I'm just checking in to make sure that Kokaine, Emjay and ajtrue got my PM, as it's been a day or two and I've not gotten anything back. If you're still mulling over it, feel free to take your time! I'm just making sure the PM convo didn't slip through the server's cracks by mistake.