Isolation Group Game [Looking for Interest]

Started by WhereWaldoWas, March 26, 2015, 05:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhereWaldoWas

I've always been a big fan of ensemble casts put into situations that strain friendships, the psyche and moral reasoning, which is why I wanted to post an interest thread for this:

A group of familiar individuals find themselves trapped in a particular situation, and have to work through their differences [in however that ends up being] in order to work towards a common goal, or just put up with everyone else without really having anywhere to go.

Most of the inspiration I'm drawing from is Stephen King's Under the Dome, but I'm also entertaining ideas about setting it in the Fallout universe set in one of the many numeric vaults; I'm not entirely sure yet. All I know is I want a bunch of good writers with good characters to get in on this and get something interesting and scary going with some talented folks.

Right now I'm mostly garnering interest.

I'm going to be very clear about this right now, though, folks, so listen up:
IF I DO GET IT UP AND RUNNING, THIS GAME WILL BE BY APPLICATION, AND NOT EVERYONE WHO ENDS UP PUTTING IN A PROFILE WILL GET ACCEPTED.

This might seem silly to a number of people, but if I want this to work, I have to make sure that everyone has a very, VERY clear idea of who their characters are supposed to be, and for everyone of them to have done something awful morally at some point or another...since nobody is perfect. This will end up shaping the most important aspect of the roleplay, which would be all of the social interaction and stresses of not really ever being able to escape, or putting up with specific brands of idiocy, or arguments over differing viewpoints and ideas... I want the players to be able to suss out inter-character relationships [or rivalries] and really make this little world feel like a convincing small town or whatever it ends up being.

Feel free to drop me a PM or that kind of thing, but I'll go a little bit more into detail once I've got a more fleshed out idea and some proper interest.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully I can get this ball rolling. I'm pretty excited about it!

Tinkertoy

Dude...dude...YES!!! You know I  am all over this like a fat kid on Smartiestm.

I only wanna be your self-inflicted wound.
It sees you, baby. The friction between me and you.
Show me what makes you human, I'll show you vulnerable.
You bend, you break, you surrender and melt like solid gold.

Lynnette

I'm without doubt interested in this, I love Under The Dome <3 That, along many others, say King of the Flies and Gone.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

GnothiSeauton

Tentatively interested.

I'm a big fan of the book
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

DrippingWords4562

Definitely interested. The book was fantastic; the show is brilliantly insane.

WhereWaldoWas

Okay...that's a good amount of interest! I could probably make a bunch of non-player characters to fill out the rest of the townsfolk if need be, and if people really wanted to play this out. Would the other folks interested in this want more actual players though? I'm asking because I could start hammering out more details story-wise if we just wanted to begin.