Demons, Vampires, and Werewolves, oh my!

Started by Vandren, March 18, 2006, 03:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

[goddess mode]

Natalie, keep the shouting and antaganism down please.

Vandren has made it quite clear that this is NOT a religious based game, so it is irrelavent what religious  document you quote from, if Vandren says that his daemones are not fallen angels then they are not fallen angels.

He has also stated that he does not want anyone portrayed as under 18.
Again if that is what he wants, in his game then that is what he wants.
In reality if he said that he wanted everyone of the age of 45, then that is how it would be.

You as a player have the right to play by the rules as he chooses to set, or not to play, it really is as simple as that.

[/goddess mode]
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Natalie C. Barney

Who said squeaky clean a spirit of light I could be more like Dirty Harry. You know talk first ok didn't work, try to protect mortal doing good things from this demon ok that's not working- time to get physical! I've seen ghost movies if a spirit wants to get to someone and get revenge there is woefully little that can stop them especially over a long time. Especially if they are patiant and cruel when they get mad. After all the psychic brought in might hold her off from one place but she could start killing off the demons pet mortals and assets in a guerrila war.

Like oh having a gasoline truck drive into the demon HQ and it catches fire. Try to psychically repel that.

I was thinking a rather old and cynical light spirit still going for the cause of right and willing to do anything to protect what mortals and places still are pure, will favor talking and warning but will go hostile if she has too and the way the city is might turn out to be a bad guy serial killer. And if some mortals they are attached to get broken its unavoidable collateral damage. After all if God could smite two cities for their evil her killing some scum and doing some aggressive interrogation, some accidents caused around some demon or vampire etc. happen to be needed its the requirements of war. Most likely will protect something like an Old Order Catholic Church that is yet uncorrupted by evil and under her protection where her power is greatest.

So would she not fit in the game? Of course she would be nice and aid mortals, protect the innocent and be civil to GOOD supernaturals that being what she decides fits that definition.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Vandren

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on March 19, 2006, 12:47:48 AM
Actually not exactly true the Catholic Book of Excorcism (I own a copy) places Succubi and Incubi as demons, so does the Jewish and Muslim Faiths the latter adds the Jin and they are just EVIL.

Two things about that: 1) The Catholic Book of Exorcism is neither canonical nor doctrinal (nor is it Biblical, or sanctioned by the Pope).  2) The Djinn are pre-Muslim "evil" spirits that were appropriated by Muhammad when he was creating Islam.  Pre-Mohammad, Djinn were simply desert dwelling fire spirits that acted roughly similar to will-o-wisps, luring people into the desert, into sandstorms and the like.  It took the foundation of Islam to turn them into "evil" servants of Shaitan.

Also note, according to suppressed books of the Old Testament, Lucifer was cast out of Heaven for loving God too much, so much so that he refused to serve Humanity first and God second.  Of course, the medieval Church needed a scapegoat, so they suppressed those books of the Bible, and are still suppressing them (as are most Protestant sects).

QuoteAs for Spirits ever read the Haunting of Morella or see Poltergeist or any other movie iwth EVIL spirits in it. In The Entity a ghose even raped a woman several times brutally.

Entirely possible, never said it wasn't.  However, Spirits can also include your dead great-grandma and ascended figures like saints and bodhisattvas.

QuoteWitches ever hear of a Satanic Witch one that follows the Left Hand Path- they are not all nice. Look at Buffy when Willow turned evil.

So many problems with this statement that I'm not sure I even want to start . . . "Satanic witches" are a modern 18th to 20th century creation.  Secondly, that's beside the point of the initial response.  Thirdly, citing Buffy as a legitimate source regarding witchcraft is about as good as citing Charmed.  Neither show really knows what its talking about regarding the subject.

QuoteThis is from Goddess Lilac in SO YOU WANT TO START A GAME- verbatim copy:
Rule the First: Characters involved in sexual scenes must have passed the onset of puberty, or whatever cultural/racial equivelant.  If someone is a million years old, but looks like a twelve-year-old boy/girl, that's not allowed.  A two-month-old clone that is functionally twenty is, however, fine.  If you want a hard, lower limit on age in your games, you can use 16.

Beside the point.  Especially as that was added after a bunch of people complained to her, as I recall.  Anyway, as noted, it's beside the point.  Appearances and real ages of 18+, there's no reason for anything else in this setting, given that clones, etc. are impossible.

(My apologies, edited to clean up for Mods)  (turning off frustration mode . . . now, I hope)
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

[Goddess mode]

Vandren answering points are acceptable, personal attacks are not.

ONE more word from either of you, directed at each other, on this subject, or any other for that matter, will get you both a three day ban to give you time to cool down.

[/goddess mode]

Elvi

[/goddess mode]

Thank you Vandren.
The deletion of the offending passage in your post is appreciated, as is the PM acknowledgeing my post as goddess.

Though I'm afraid the above still applies to both of you.

Please, think before you post.

[/goddess mode]

Vandren

NP . . . it's good to know we've got a loving goddess instead of a vengeful one (ok, bad Simpsons reference, I know, it's been that kind of month, damn good thing Spring Break's coming up).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elvi

What?
Your spring break hasn't sprung yet?
Hell I get so confused with you accademics and students over there!

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 19, 2006, 11:25:55 AM
What?
Your spring break hasn't sprung yet?

One more week.  Not that it really matters much, a lot of Break'll be spent in the library.  :(

Anyway . . .

My tweaking is done, so I'm officially requesting a board "Dark City" under NCEF, no child boards are necessary . . . and Valin's not involved this time.  ;)

Natalie C. Barney

I will likely run a Saint, I'll find one that will work. Catholics have so many.
Natalie Clifford Barney

strangely made

Just wondering about this here werewolf...is ok if I play him/her (havent decided on that yet) as the Howling/Underworld being able to change when I want type? or will I have to play the "Oh Shit Jenny Agertor's in the shower with me, I need to die soon", change at full moon type ?

Vandren

Quote from: strangely made on March 19, 2006, 01:08:32 PM
Just wondering about this here werewolf...is ok if I play him/her (havent decided on that yet) as the Howling/Underworld being able to change when I want type? or will I have to play the "Oh Shit Jenny Agertor's in the shower with me, I need to die soon", change at full moon type ?

Depends on what you want as far as character weaknesses.  I'll go on record saying that the default for Shifters is change at will, however individuals may have their own quirks/weaknesses which might change that in interesting ways.  ;)

And I'll officially make that additional tweak to the stuff I've got typed up.

Elvi

Quote from: Vandren on March 19, 2006, 12:45:48 PM
One more week.  Not that it really matters much, a lot of Break'll be spent in the library.  :(

Anyway . . .

My tweaking is done, so I'm officially requesting a board "Dark City" under NCEF, no child boards are necessary . . . and Valin's not involved this time.  ;)

Ah but even in the libruary, you have no students (at least under your charge)?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=188.0

Elvi

Quote from: Natalie C. Barney on March 19, 2006, 12:49:42 PM
I will likely run a Saint, I'll find one that will work. Catholics have so many.

*scartches head*
Where would a saint figure in the game world and under what category would he/she come under?

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 19, 2006, 03:36:31 PM
Ah but even in the libruary, you have no students (at least under your charge)?

In theory.  :)  In practice, we'll see.

Thanks for the board and the link.

I'll start filling the place now.

Vandren

Quote from: Elvi on March 19, 2006, 03:39:12 PM
*scartches head*
Where would a saint figure in the game world and under what category would he/she come under?

Could technically work as an ascended being under Spirits.  Technically.

Vandren

Alright, everything's up and ready at Dark City, NCEF  (Oh, and I'd prefer to receive submissions via PM, rather than in this thread.)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=188.0

Natalie C. Barney

I have an important campaign information question what is the current status of the Orthodox Christian Sects (Roman Catholic, Old Order Catholic, Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox and related ones)? Well if I run a Saint I need to know how the Church is handling what happened? Are they at war with them? Have the ceded the conflict? Staying out of it and hiding in their holy places? And religion in general...

That all will effect my choices.

Natalie Clifford Barney

Elvi

Natalie,
From what I gather, the religions you have stated may not even figure in this game world at all.
This is a game world, not the real world.

From what I have gathered, though I am sure, as it is his game, Vandren will corect me if I am wrong, the city in question has been taken over by the charscter types he has described and the few humans who have chosen to stay?

However, if I am wrong, (see above), there is still the question I asked you earlier.

Vandren

The religious beliefs could be there and present (otherwise holy objects and holy sites would be a pointless Weakness), but their formal power structure's likely non-existant, for all intents and purposes, given massive crises of faith after WWII when "non-existant" beings appeared and the Church(es) couldn't do anything effective against them.

Quote from: Elvi on March 20, 2006, 03:21:43 PM
From what I have gathered, though I am sure, as it is his game, Vandren will corect me if I am wrong, the city in question has been taken over by the charscter types he has described and the few humans who have chosen to stay?

More or less.  There'd be the mortals too poor to escape and the mortals taken in by the supernaturals (gotta have someone to make the clothes, cook, and clean, afterall :)).

QuoteWhere would a saint figure in the game world and under what category would he/she come under?

Ascended Being - Spirit, technically could work.  Assuming the individual truly was saintly in life and not just raised to sainthood for political reasons (for instance, St. Brigid wouldn't count, seeing as she is an Irish goddess adopted by Catholicism).

Vandren

Still looking for players, if anyone's interested.  Dark City under NCEF.  :)

strenoth

yeah, I'm interested. But I can't seem to think of what I want to play exectly..
Sexual Orientation: Straight
BDSM Orientation: Switch
Sexual Limitations: Site limits, no male-on-male

Elvi

I would love to Vandren, but as I have said, I have one of each races running at the moment and whichever I choose I will end up playing the same again.......*sighs*

Vandren

Quote from: strenoth on March 26, 2006, 09:45:14 AM
yeah, I'm interested. But I can't seem to think of what I want to play exectly..

One of everything?  ;)

Quote from: ElviI would love to Vandren, but as I have said, I have one of each races running at the moment and whichever I choose I will end up playing the same again.......*sighs*

NP.  Those goddessing duties add up too, I'd guess.  :)

Natalie C. Barney

I sent a different character a more minor Saint with more modest powers and some holy relics to give as a blessing to mortals to fit her history. I figured you diodn't like the other one. That's fine though I hope the new one is more likeable.  ;D
Natalie Clifford Barney

Vandren

We could use more players here, folks.  Come on down!  :)