Stolen

Started by Songless Siren, February 11, 2009, 09:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Songless Siren

Danika had been a perfectly ordinary girl in the Northern Territories until she was fifteen, when her Gift had awakened.  She had the natural talents of a Reader; with her "third eye," she could feel the presence of magics and the supernatural, and even sometimes read strong emotions, thoughts and energies in others.  There was also the occasional vision.  Her parents, a trapper and a simple village healer, did their best to make sure she lead as close to a normal life as possible, even with the visions.  They tried to make sure her Gift remained hidden so she wouldn't be treated differently by any of the villagers, but mostly to keep her safe from those who might take advantage of her talents.  They couldn't shield her for long.  She was discovered before the year was out.  Her father had gone to the forests again, and her mother had sent her to deliver medicines.  By chance, a small party of soldiers were returning from border patrol when the girl was struck by a vision.  She dropped the packets her mother had given her, her green eyes widened, and fell to her knees in the snow.  Two of the men dismounted to make sure she was alright, and the Captain recognized what was "wrong" with her.  She was unresponsive, her body was rigid, and her eyes were empty.  She was immediately scooped up and taken to the man who ruled the northlands, Lord Belun. 

Visions take a lot out of Readers, so it was no surprise that Danika fainted after she had Seen all the gods had to show her.  By the time she came to, she was being carried by the Captain of the Guard for an audience with Belun.  After being examined and questioned by the Lord's mages, it was decided that she would be kept at the fortress, despite her protests and struggles.  She was treated well, and even allowed to have her parents and friends visit; however, these visits were always closely supervised.  During the day, she was mostly kept at Belun's side, and she was locked in her chambers at night.  She was constantly under guard and in the presence of a mage.  Should she ever have a vision, the mage assigned to her would feed her a potion that would make her able to speak of what she Saw, and he or she would record what she said. 

Eventually, rumors spread through trappers and traders of Lord Belun's "pet Reader."  The man was envied, and the girl coveted, but no one dared give her a second thought until her third year of service, when she was nineteen.  A nobleman has come to call, and his hidden intentions are something she could never have foreseen.

________

I have wanted to do something like this for a while.  I'm looking for someone to play a visiting lord from another territory who has come to take Danika for himself.  I want to start the roleplay at the visitor's arrival.  It's a little bit of a "Helen of Troy"-ish theme, but I think that could be fun.  Please post/PM any interest.  Thanks  =^_^= 

Mycroft

I believe I'd be interested in this one if you have an opening still and want to discuss it.
Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. - George S. Patton

Cedrick

Sounds like an interesting plot line that I think would be fun to take a shot at.

A number of plot lines come to mind such as Danika had seen the visitor in some of her visions and seeing him in flesh bring those visions back though perhaps in a confused or incomplete order like trying to remember a dream? Is she to go with him willingly or not? Does he have a destiny she is somehow to make happen?

He is taken as a visiting lord from a powerful realm but what if he is someone else impersonating that lord. A thief planning to sell her? Or he is a lord perhaps planning to keep her to make his realm more powerful? Or perhaps he has been draw to her because he also has a vision that he hopes she can help him with? Or has heard of one of her visions and realizes it is speaking of him so he wants her to learn more?

Or keeping with Helen, he is one of the sons of a powerful lord and hopes by having her he can beat his siblings out of taking over the kingdom?

If any of these spark your imagination or if I'm too far a field from what you had in mind, lets talk.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62526.msg2810491#msg2810491
<a href=" https://elliquiy.com/forums">
Cedrick Please Read