The Commander and the Starfaller (Loosely based off "The 100")

Started by Aiden, January 29, 2015, 01:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

For those intrested who are not familiar with the books/show (I have only seen the show at this time) The 100, here is the basic idea.

The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war wiped out almost all life on Earth. The only known survivors are the residents of twelve space stations in Earth's orbit prior to the war. The space stations banded together to form a single massive station named "The Ark", where about 2,400 people live under the leadership of present Chancellor Jaha.[1] Resources are scarce and all crimes, no matter their nature or severity, are punishable by death ("floating") unless the perpetrator is under 18 years of age. After the Ark's life-support systems are found to be critically failing, 100 juvenile prisoners are declared "expendable" and sent to the surface in a last ditch attempt to determine if Earth is habitable again in a program called "The 100", for which the show is named. The teens arrive on a beautiful planet they have only seen from space. They are meant to find refuge and supplies in an old military installation in Mt. Weather. However, they land a fair distance from it and soon face other concerns. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. However, they discover not all humanity was wiped out; some people on Earth, called grounders, survived the war, and there are even more dangers lurking – Reapers (cannibals) and Mountain Men (who preside in Mt. Weather, the original destination of the 100).

Commander of the Grounders.

My plot idea is based in this world, but not quite canon. I am interested in the 100 to actually land at some point but "Starfaller" will be one of the survivors of an expedition vessel sent down. Obviously, the others will die either in the crash or by grounder attack as they try to survive in this savage world.

My idea has "Starfaller" and The commander to eventually pair off, but I am not looking to rush to some smut plot.

Grounders are strong, honorable people with a very warrior like society. Views and ideals will be different and there is a "language" barrier. Some grounders speak English, but most speak a guttural primal language that has developed in their culture. So between all this, I am looking for a good mix of adventure, politics and everything in between.

I will play "Starfaller", looking for someone to play the commander. Hopefully someone who has seen the show or read the books, but it is not required.

Please message me if interested

Thanks!
-Aiden