SHADOWRUN - Seattle 2070 (Semi-Freeform Game Now Recruiting!)

Started by LunarSage, December 31, 2012, 07:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kuroneko on January 07, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
You know, words cannot describe how much I hate that phrase… :P

I should amend that to say that it's also 1000 in character posts, not OOC posts.  It's like a lot, and Josi can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think Camp Jupiter was it able to do that in about three months.  HAF took even less time if I remember.

Niferbelle

I don't know if I'd use a backstory thread but I'm all for having one if others will get use out of it.

And hi everybody!

1000 posts is a lot but sometimes you'll be surprised at how quick you get there. Look forward to seeing your charrie, Teranis...we're going to have a great group I think.

*hunkers down in her usual corner snuggled under a blankie to watch everyone*

ArtemisHighmore

-Artemis relaxes in his chair and adjusts his radio for the game-

Kuroneko

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 07, 2013, 07:20:44 PM

...sigh.

I'm probably the one responsible for the idea of a back story/time jump thread.  I've made mention of it to Michael as it's something that I have on both RP boards that I admin elsewhere.  Not only does it give players a chance to write out back story between their characters, it also gives them a chance to play out anything important that might've happened should the main game threads jump forward in time a significant amount. I personally would love to have one just because I've seen how much these threads get used in my own games. But, that's just me.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

undisclosedtoyou

Yes, I believe the point of waiting until it hits 1000 ic post's is to determine if the game is lasting.  Creating a bunch of sub-boards for games that die off early is a waste of space and time.  Also, it's not bad if it takes us some time to get big game status, so we shouldn't feel discouraged if it does.  Remember, it's not the quantity, but the quality that matters.  XD

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

LunarSage

I've (as a GM) helped bring two other games to big game status and by jove, we'll do it with this one too!  ;D

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on January 07, 2013, 07:26:19 PM
Yes, I believe the point of waiting until it hits 1000 ic post's is to determine if the game is lasting.  Creating a bunch of sub-boards for games that die off early is a waste of space and time.  Also, it's not bad if it takes us some time to get big game status, so we shouldn't feel discouraged if it does.  Remember, it's not the quantity, but the quality that matters.  XD

So sizeof the game doesn't matter after all? :D

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: LunarSage on January 07, 2013, 07:27:52 PM
I've (as a GM) helped bring two other games to big game status and by jove, we'll do it with this one too!  ;D

Lol, I just hope it doesn't happen too soon.  Games that get big too soon make me feel intimidated.  I usually find that too many things are happening at one time, and I don't have the time, nor the inclination to read through piles and piles of post's at one sitting.  So although it may seem contrary, I want this to grow at a nice moderate pace, rather than a sprint.  That being said, I still want this to be hugely successful.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 07, 2013, 07:28:24 PM
So sizeof the game doesn't matter after all? :D

Of the game, no ;)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Niferbelle

I have to ask the n00b question. How does the Shadowlands BBS thingie work? Arte they old school posts? Verbal communications? A combination? I'm just not familiar with the setting at all so I'm in the dark *blush*

Teranis

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 07, 2013, 07:21:20 PM
I don't know if I'd use a backstory thread but I'm all for having one if others will get use out of it.

And hi everybody!

1000 posts is a lot but sometimes you'll be surprised at how quick you get there. Look forward to seeing your charrie, Teranis...we're going to have a great group I think.

*hunkers down in her usual corner snuggled under a blankie to watch everyone*

Thanks Niferbelle, went fast until I hit history and 20 questions...lol  But thinking quick on my feet I ought to be fine. As long as I don't edit it over and over.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 07, 2013, 07:36:37 PM
I have to ask the n00b question. How does the Shadowlands BBS thingie work? Arte they old school posts? Verbal communications? A combination? I'm just not familiar with the setting at all so I'm in the dark *blush*

BBS is basically a really primitive forum or iRC channel. Like posting on E, except no avatars, probably no registration, through dial-up.

LunarSage

Quote from: Niferbelle on January 07, 2013, 07:36:37 PM

Old school... like a forum.  You connect to the Matrix via AR (Augmented Reality) and sign in just like a forum, but think an exclusive forum that only runners and the like have access to.

Niferbelle

Quote from: Teranis on January 07, 2013, 07:37:37 PM
Thanks Niferbelle, went fast until I hit history and 20 questions...lol  But thinking quick on my feet I ought to be fine. As long as I don't edit it over and over.

I have a tendency to do that too!

Thanks for the explanation, guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding.

Teranis

I know this will sound like a stupid question but I have to ask.

Can a History be -too- long?   I'm just asking before I get carried away.

Ciosa

Quote from: Teranis on January 07, 2013, 08:38:28 PM
I know this will sound like a stupid question but I have to ask.

Can a History be -too- long?   I'm just asking before I get carried away.

Depends on how its written?  I've gotten twenty page histories that I couldn't put down, and three paragraph histories that I had to force myself to finish.  But that's just my experience from running games.  Lunar and Michael might have harder limits.

Teranis

I'll probably try to make myself stop at no more then five paragraphs.

Yeah, have had long ones too; One of my old Storyteller's in Vampire made the mistake of saying it could be as long as I wanted.

He got ten pages worth from MS Word in 10 type size. *sighs* good times...

Ciosa

Quote from: Teranis on January 07, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
I'll probably try to make myself stop at no more then five paragraphs.

Yeah, have had long ones too; One of my old Storyteller's in Vampire made the mistake of saying it could be as long as I wanted.

He got ten pages worth from MS Word in 10 type size. *sighs* good times...

I once offered a challenge before running a vmpire game, and said that their characters could be a century old for every single spaced, 10 pt page of history they turned in to me.  Real stuff - no fluff,, had to be readable and decently written.  Result:  five characters that were  less than a century old, and a six that began a seventy page history with 'In Ancient Sumeria..."  She'd written it //just// to see if I'd hold up my end of the deal, and even made a concept that fit fairly well into the group - an ancient Methuselah (VTM) who'd recently risen from torpor and was feigning being a neonate while she figured out these 'newfangled' politics of Camarilla and Sabbat, and using the party to take over the city.  She'd been a secretive behind the scenes type that simply directly challenging anyone they met was anathema to her. 

Favorite scene of the game:  The party mixes it up with a Glass Walker sept in the city.  One of the characters, a Brujah who enjoyed pushing buttons, pisses off the room ful of weres, and a fight breaks out.  The other party members go down, and the ahroun drops six rage and then charges, preparing to rip her apart.  The player uses the tier six presence power on - Love, I think - and he basically spends his six actions fawning overe her, snapped out of Crinos form, and she systematically fends off every attack and runs the lot of them out of rage.  She tells them to leave the party alone, dump them out in an alley with a 'and let that be a lesson to you'  warning.  She smudges her hair, bloodies her lip, and completely plays off having been beaten down like the rest of them.

Teranis

Quote from: Ciosa on January 07, 2013, 10:39:44 PM
I once offered a challenge before running a vmpire game, and said that their characters could be a century old for every single spaced, 10 pt page of history they turned in to me.  Real stuff - no fluff,, had to be readable and decently written.  Result:  five characters that were  less than a century old, and a six that began a seventy page history with 'In Ancient Sumeria..."  She'd written it //just// to see if I'd hold up my end of the deal, and even made a concept that fit fairly well into the group - an ancient Methuselah (VTM) who'd recently risen from torpor and was feigning being a neonate while she figured out these 'newfangled' politics of Camarilla and Sabbat, and using the party to take over the city.  She'd been a secretive behind the scenes type that simply directly challenging anyone they met was anathema to her. 

Favorite scene of the game:  The party mixes it up with a Glass Walker sept in the city.  One of the characters, a Brujah who enjoyed pushing buttons, pisses off the room ful of weres, and a fight breaks out.  The other party members go down, and the ahroun drops six rage and then charges, preparing to rip her apart.  The player uses the tier six presence power on - Love, I think - and he basically spends his six actions fawning overe her, snapped out of Crinos form, and she systematically fends off every attack and runs the lot of them out of rage.  She tells them to leave the party alone, dump them out in an alley with a 'and let that be a lesson to you'  warning.  She smudges her hair, bloodies her lip, and completely plays off having been beaten down like the rest of them.

See? I would have retyped my entire history on that one *snickers*

Nicely done on her part, I watched so many players blow their cover time and time again in VtM.

Okay and char sheets PM'd... now it is the waiting game!

TheGlyphstone

That is awesome.

undisclosedtoyou

That just about made my night, and my night started with, "And just rest your feet on the stirrups."  So THANK YOU!  Now I want to do this.  Lunar, why you no make us do this to?  See that's a joke, if you had made us do this, I'd be banging my head against a counter repeatedly.

Quote from: Teranis on January 07, 2013, 10:44:49 PM
Nicely done on her part, I watched so many players blow their cover time and time again in VtM.

Now...that right there makes me want to have Hanna never reveal her proficiency in English, bwhahahaha.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Pumpkin Seeds

Josietta

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 07, 2013, 04:49:50 PM
Not sure where the girls are stationed, I know it is the low end of town. And she'd so be there, besides the girls are racers. So she'd get there quick either way.

Snuggles de lunar~

Analise has her facility and shop located in Tacoma.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LunarSage

For reference:

MERCURY COMET

HONDA SPIRIT

EUROCAR WESTWIND 3000 (Awwww yeah!)

Josietta

aww man.. Lise wants that westwind!  She might hafta deal with a tricked out comet instead.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Ciosa