Does anyone know Hong Kong?

Started by Miss Lilly, January 20, 2019, 01:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Lilly

Hi all!  :-)

I'm off on a cruise in a couple of months, and we're terminating in Hong Kong.  We can't stay, unfortunately, but we do have about 8 to 10 hours there during which we'd like to take some sort of guided tour to see the sights.

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or recommendations of a local tour company who we could make some enquiries with?  I'm a little reluctant to just book something online - you never know what you're going to get!

Thanks!
Lilly
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Orange Marmalade

HK is still on my list of places to visit, so I can't offer too much.

But I usually check out TripAdvisor before heading somewhere. It has some great threads on what you're asking like this: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294217-i1496-k3231306-8_hours_at_Hong_Kong_Airport-Hong_Kong.html

Search around and you can probably find more if no one else here pipes up with info.

As for tour companies, I've had really good luck with any of the companies listed with good reviews on Viator. It's a website for excursions pretty much anywhere in the world (and I've used them literally around the globe).

Miss Lilly

Ah, yeah.  I should have thought about Viator - we used that for our helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon when we were in the US last year.  I'll check them out, as well as the link you sent me.  Thanks so much! :-)
Visit Lola's!

Callie Del Noire

Been there three times but never did anything outside your typical liberty call. It’s a lovely place to visit but given your time frame I’d check trip advisor or see if the cruise line has groups they work with.

Miss Lilly

Usually the cruise lines offer a disembarkation tour. But for some strange reason they're not this time!  I'll check out TripAdvisor.  Thanks Callie. :-)
Visit Lola's!

RedRose

I loved the ladies market, and the boat to Macao (except that time I was caught in a beginning of a typhoon and wanted to die). I don't know about tours though.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Miss Lilly

Yikes!  That sounds like a holiday horror story, Rose!
Visit Lola's!