Disgaea : Persephone Prison (Request Thread) [Anime|Monster|Demon]

Started by MelodyCake, May 01, 2018, 09:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

as long as she's not too rough or dragging her through trouble that she really didn't want to get into (which really isn't much) for the most part Mii won't care too much.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Gardsorm

Suddenly now I have the urge to make Alioth shape himself into a pet cat...

Steir

Quote from: Gardsorm on May 08, 2018, 02:00:26 AM
Suddenly now I have the urge to make Alioth shape himself into a pet cat...
"This cat is particularly slimy... Are you sure it is a cat?"

Leki

Quote from: Steir on May 08, 2018, 02:25:04 AM"This cat is particularly slimy... Are you sure it is a cat?"
Honestly? It's the Netherworld, Slimy cat? Why the hell not? xD

Quote from: pendarious on May 08, 2018, 01:54:37 AMas long as she's not too rough or dragging her through trouble that she really didn't want to get into (which really isn't much) for the most part Mii won't care too much.
I've only been in a roleplay with Steir once before, and I have to say I'm not the least bit worried about that being an issue.... on the contrary I'm more worried he won't be assertive enough with the whole cat thing xD But I probably shouldn't make such shallow predictions at this stage.

In regards to characters though, we've now got.

Sludge(Alioth) DEF
Succubus(Duscia) INT
Nekomata(MiiYuuki) ATK

Ex-Overlord(Unioruk) ATK
Android(Shinku) ATK
Thief(Rensha) SPD
Werewolf(Ari) SPD

Still no HIT or RES specialties huh :/
Even if Serenade makes their Onmyou(INT) work
And Avalon sticks with the Dark Knight(ATK?)

Feel it's a bit of a shame since there's still so many good classes to choose from.
(Not saying people can't double up or anything).
Would have loved to see a Gunner/Archer type who was a peeping tom.
Or a Martial Artist/Ninja styled character with some quirky traits.
There's a lot of good monsters too... but they'd probably need to be turned more humanoid to fit into the scheme of things.
Prinnies are awesome, but probably not 'smut-me-up' material. xD

MelodyCake

@SS
I'll accept the character sheet, but there are a few things that will come first.
I am accepting the character, but I do also want to note that players are not required nor are expected to follow your characters predictions. I will not be giving your character preferential treatment by giving you plot points in regards to the roleplay. You need to remove the part in your character sheets you have written in brackets in regards to the GM sending things your way, since that will not be happening under any circumstances.

@Slime cat
This is now cannon and must happen in the roleplay
XD

@Steir
I do think it's adorable how she will be willing to trade HL for cats xD

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Leki on May 08, 2018, 05:51:05 AM
Prinnies are awesome, but probably not 'smut-me-up' material. xD

... on the other hand, Prinnies are penguins and penguins are birds.
My first thought upon reading that probably shouldn't have been "Is that a challenge?"

MelodyCake

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 08, 2018, 08:05:22 AM
My first thought upon reading that probably shouldn't have been "Is that a challenge?"
HAHAHAHHA xD And that is why I like you Joanie XD

Gardsorm

Quote from: JoanieSappho on May 08, 2018, 08:05:22 AM

I kind of imagined human(oid) bodies with Prinny heads for some reason , and I'm not sure if I should have.

Also all you calling for slimecat shall get your wish~

SweetSerenade

Sure no problem on the requirement, it was just there because some gms ask for stuff like that. Didn't know which kind of. You were. ;3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Leki

Haha, well things certainly got quiet around here after the Discord server went up xD
I'd definitely be interested in seeing a secondary from Joanie and others, but I think it's a good call to leave that option sealed for now.
Plenty of interesting characters to deal with at the moment, and it'd suck to take away spotlight from them this early~

Also conjured up Joanie playing a mother-prinny xD
Kind of like Etna with a following of Prinnies, but less Etna, and more big Prinny...
Being followed around by average size Prinnies, worshipping her as their queen xD

Laughing Hyena

Steir

Leki

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 08, 2018, 08:20:30 PM
But what about Prinny Baseball?
You'll just have to substitute with Zombie heads~
Or was that for bowling.... I forget xD
In any case we'll figure something out~

Something Netherworld-y.... like slime football.

InoshimaLance

Still open? I am really interested, sorry for the delay.

MelodyCake

Hey there Inoshima, glad to see you are interested!
We are still open :)

Solistair

Name: Kaoru Feiko ('Kao')
Player: Solistair
Demon Type: Armor Knight
Height: 6 foot 1
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Blue
Strength: DEF
Weakness: HIT

Life Before Imprisonment:

The 4th born son of a relatively prestigious demon family, there was not much left from his father to give to his youngest son. The options that remained were for Kaoru to enter the bureaucratic machine or serve in either the police force or the President's personal army of demonspawn. Kaoru chose the military life, of course this was after much hassle and "life advice" from his parents and older brothers. Join the army they said, go on an adventure they said. Being young and naive, Kaoru envisioned opportunities for glory and to prove himself as the ultimate, most majestic demonic warrior of the Netherworld!

Turns out reality was far from expectations however as Kaoru found himself stuck in the ranks soon enough. Finding the promotion process overwhelming Kaoru did entertain the idea of asking his parents for some money to bribe his superiors with. In the end, he gave himself a hundred slaps on the face for even thinking of such a dishonourable thing to do, it seemed some aspects of army discipline had wore off on the spoilt noble boy, and thus, the young monstrosity began the years of mind numbing grind through the mud and between the tips of spears.

Ironically, Kaoru's background did significantly assist him through the process despite his refusal to bribe his way through. His family's status served to help fast track his progress in a military dominated by the sons of the aristocracy. Eventually, Kaoru was assigned to a renowned unit of demon knights and all seemed well for a bit...

Notable Achievements:

Kaoru's pride and joy is the fact that he was a member of the special force that was directly commanded by the Corrupternment's President. And in a totally different note, he claims to have been chosen by a 'higher power' to one day become the greatest, sexiest and best(test) knight in all the Netherworld. A popular hallucinogen circulating within the black market is believed to be the cause of Kaoru's 'holy vision'.

Imprisoned For:

During what was supposed to be a routine job as a ceremony guard for a gathering of ruling demons, Kaoru was accused of public indecency of the highest degree when his crotch allegedly began to grow to a disturbingly visible size upon having one of the most beautiful succubus ladies of the court walk past him. Although his status as an elite knight could have saved him, Kaoru has also been accused of approaching said lady,even after being reprimanded by his superior office, and attempting to flirt with said lady who was already the wife of a demon lord. The alleged incident would have gone under the watch of the enforcers of the SDL if it had not been the discovery of the perpetrator of the crime by none other than the husband of the 'victim'! Despite the possibility that he could have escaped a prison sentence due to his status both as a soldier and a lesser noble demon, Kaoru himself was responsible for throwing all thoughts of escaping by other means of punishment out of the window when during his trial, Kaoru, much to the anger and shock of those present in the court which included the 'victimised' demon lord, audaciously claims that the 'victimised' lady was leaning in likewise to kiss him and should be incarcerated equally with him within Persephone prison. Made worse by his grinning directly at both the victim lord (frothing at this point) and lady, Kaoru, apparently much to his surprise, was sentenced to prison and was dragged away shouting ridiculously that the future greatest knight of all the realms would likewise sentence all those in the court to the wrath of his 'divine protector' (whose name amusingly remains unknown to this day). 

InoshimaLance

I think I have a couple of concepts that might fit, so I will pick one for today. Anyway, question:

Is HIT the Hit Rate? Is been long since I last played the game so I am not sure, hehe. And as for the points you get when you Lv Up, where exactly are we spending them?

Anyway, if HIT is indeed Hit Rate, I have a magic gunslinger, magic gunslasher or magic card thrower idea in mind. x3

Steir

Quote from: InoshimaLance on May 09, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
I think I have a couple of concepts that might fit, so I will pick one for today. Anyway, question:

Is HIT the Hit Rate? Is been long since I last played the game so I am not sure, hehe. And as for the points you get when you Lv Up, where exactly are we spending them?

Anyway, if HIT is indeed Hit Rate, I have a magic gunslinger, magic gunslasher or magic card thrower idea in mind. x3
I think the question of points can be answered by Melodycake's first post in the thread.

Leki

@Inoshima
Nice to see you've come overyou here :P
In the Disgaea games, HIT determines exactly what it say it does... accuracy. xD
Don't know if there were any other notable benefits.

In regards to this roleplay though, what stat you specialize in is purely aesthetic (as far as I can tell).
I think it was mainly thrown in to prevent people making good-at-everything type characters.
According to the second post, level is the only stat (besides money) that's recorded,
So you won't be getting any stat points to spend. It'll just be a characters level against another character/obstacles level.
So a level 10 healer, will win against a level 9 fighter... even if that doesn't make sense in the game.
Note, there'll be an element of RNG involved as well though, so there's a chance to turn the tables.

The above is what I've learned from the first two posts, or through PM's with MelodyCake.
Pretty confident it's all accurate, but if there's anything that's inaccurate I'm sure he'll let us know.

Avalon29

Well got my sheet finished finally. Here's what I got.

Name:  Alexis
Player: Avalon29
Demon Type: (Demon Class)
Height: 5’7
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Strength: ] ATK
Weakness: INT

Before his jailing Alexis roamed the city streets determined to prove himself the best fighter  and as and the most amazing dark knight. This of course was done by showing off and patrolling the city to fight tough demons and just making a general nuisance of himself with everything from fireworks after a victory or entering a scene in the most attention catching way possible, usually through somebody’s wall. The dry wall workers like him a lot really for the steady work he provides. Each of the tales of his villainous yet sometimes sympathetic exploits are recorded in his grimoire of the true histories so that future generations will know his story. One of the things he’s best known for is patented  evil laugh which he practices daily to make sure it is always in tip top condition and can make the biggest opinion.

Notable Achievements:
Voted best evil laugh 5 times running.
Master of the dark ways of darkness
Slayer of a 10,000 Wyverns

Imprisoned For:
The charges that got him arrested was a simple case of assault and destruction of public property, clearly an evil act when one looks at just the charges. Things are slightly deeper than that however as his defense clearly showed. Using an expertly crafted hand created slides, really just basic drawings he did himself, out of poster boards he explained his case. First was a slide talking about how evil and awesome he was. The second slide stumbling on his evil minion (read puppy). The next scene a group of worthless scoundrels (stick figures without a face), beating up his minion. Then a scene of a fierce battle of him beating them up and holding his minion over his head in victory followed by one of the destroyed street afterwards. The jury however had no artistic taste and lacked an understanding of just how amazing he was so Alexis found himself imprisoned anyway.

MelodyCake

@Solistair
I will admit, I am not sure where to start when it comes to your character sheet, since there are a few things wrong with it. As it is now, I can not accept the character and therefor need to decline the way it is now. I'll list off a few things wrong in the character sheet.
First, while I do find the image nice, I want to see a bit more face in the image. You can have that one, but you need an another face claim.
Second, bribery is actually a pretty core feature in the Disgaea comes when it comes to the dark assembly.
I didn't think I needed to mention that people need to keep the Netherworld president out of their character sheet, but the third issue is that your character wouldn't be in direct command by the Netherworld president.
And the fourth one is, that even though he comes from a relatively prestigious demon family, he wouldn't have been able to get away from being sent off to Persephone even if he had wanted to. Since essentially, to ascend to the throne, the Netherworld president beat down every noble houses and took away their control of the Netherworld. Some joined, some died. The sexual deviance law has zero tolerance. There is no nobility anymore, that system was ruined.

@Leki & Inoshima
Thank you Leki for answering the question so in depth :)
Leki is right about the leveling and stat system. That is how it will be done in this roleplay.
I wanted a Keep it stupid type of a system.

@Avalon
Whilst you already know, I thought I'd also make it official here!
Alexis is accepted :D

@Everyone
In regards to future character sheets, I'm going to list a few new rules.
1) Character image must show face. I've said it three times now, I don't want to repeat myself.
2) No mentioning the Netherworld president, it doesn't win you any potential points in the roleplay nor with the GM.
3) Not as much of a rule, as it is an announcement. There are no noble houses in the Netherworld anymore, they were all destroyed in the Netherworld Presidentail election.

MelodyCake

The OoC has now gone live!
Discussion (OoC) Thread

As well, if anyone wants to read through the character sheets that have been accepted and other information, you can find them all here:
Characters Thread

InoshimaLance

Name: Delfos "Inkheart" Flufteil
Player: Lance Von Alden
Demon Type: Formerly Magic Knight // Current Demon Brushlord (Correction made with ink)
Height: 6'7"
Hair Color: Black and Red
Eye Color: Red
Strength: HIT
Weakness: DEF

On his early demonic years, Delfos was born from a Nekomata mother and a Werewolf father, inheriting many features from both but his tail although looking very similar, was somehow different.He could move his tail at will, as if it was an arm by itself. He used that tail, since very early in his live, for many purposes, but his fav was using it as a brush. He became quite the artist, but his preferred style forced him to go undercover. After all, he was a famous erotic artist, but the Sexual Deviance Law prohibited that sort of activities. Yet the black market oversold copies of his Comics in many places.

While an artist he discovered that he could also bring the ink to the reality. He could transform any painting into inky-shaped summons in the real world. That attracted a certain former Demon Overlord to the young man, and so Delfos began training as a Magic Knight, using his ink magic to gain popularity and money, lots of money. Soon he had so much money he finally could buy the Demon Lord title... But he quite didn't like that title... Instead he corrected his status with his ink so it showed "Demon Brushlord" instead. You could say he fought with the same grace he drew, and if he wanted influence as a Demon, he needed to be a badass, so why not a graceful badass. Some rumors say that he actually left an entire battlefield full of defeated warriors... And all had face doodles to show for it.

Yet his happy days were not eternal, as his undercover erotic artist hobbie finally brought the attention of the Netherworld government. A big scale operation was set up to bring down the black market, and soon he was listed as a suspect for being against the Sexual Deviance law. Soon after that he was imprisoned in Persephone.

Notable Achievements:
- Best Selling Erotic Artist of the Black Market for 100 years in a row, with other 700 prizes won related to that topic.
- Great art accomplishments outside the erotic department.
- He claims he actually sold many erotic self-portraits to influential men along the netherworld, but a magical contract forces him not to share any name... Currently being investigated.
- Face doodled an entire battalion in one night.

Imprisoned For:
Participation in the black market erotic department that was against the Sexual Deviance law (the only department that was against the law to be honest). Many charges of sexual misconduct by offering the world with sexual erotic material included in art and comics he made by himself and then mass produced, causing many other cases of sexual misconduct from his clients, you could say he was the head of a huge sexual misconduct network around the netherworld. Suspicions of using his own draws to have erotic fantasies that prompted masturbation, but no definitive proof of that.

(Is this good enough? x3)

MelodyCake

Am I the only one who thinks the image looks like Judge Nemo from Disgaea 4? xD

But yeah, over all I think the concept is nice, so you can count yourself accepted :D

Leki

Quote from: MelodyCake on May 12, 2018, 01:14:43 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the image looks like Judge Nemo from Disgaea 4? xD
Hahaha, your not the only one xD
I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw the image~

Welcome to the group Inoshima,
Quite the interesting concept you've got going there~
It'll be interesting to see how he interacts with the others in the cast.