Black Crusade: We Hunger (Interest Check)

Started by ShadowFox89, June 12, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Well, given that it states "at the GM's discretion".... my discretion is that yes, you make have an autocannon legacy weapon. Just be aware that there WILL be those who attempt to acquire it and make it their own. Because legacy means that it'll be known about to others.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cataclysmic Archangel

So we can make Legacies if we want... and which ruleset?  Is there a talent involved behind it?  Or just if you want something above and beyond what you normally start with (Cursed H)?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 19, 2014, 07:11:50 PM
Well, given that it states "at the GM's discretion".... my discretion is that yes, you make have an autocannon legacy weapon. Just be aware that there WILL be those who attempt to acquire it and make it their own. Because legacy means that it'll be known about to others.
Id just like to toss in that that is not a property of your average Legacy Weapon by RAW. Its not like a rare and powerful item in and of its self (though you could certainly use a powerful item as such), Legacy means that its part of your reputation/infamy, and the abilities that Legacy conveys on a item are as much a result of your long familiarity with its use and physical bond born of the power of chaos, as anything else. Infact, legacy weapons do offer a benefit to anyone but you. If i have a Legacy Chainsword, in the hands of a thief, its no different than a normal off-the-block chainsword.

Now, if a Legacy weapon happens to be rare and powerful in and of its self, a person who wants a weapon of that sort is likely to know that you have one. And could decide to persue the known quality rather than scraping around and hoping for a easier catch. But i highly doubt anyone would cross the Vortex to take a autocannon.

ShadowFox89

@Darkling: I'm aware of that, I simply wanted to attach a hazard to owning a Legacy Weapon beyond the rather small penalty imposed already.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Terian

Yeah, I think I'll pass for now.

Going to try to hammer out a more detailed backstory then my blurb, and maybe a written description.

HairyHeretic

Got most of my sheet done now (edited the previous post). Just need to sort the highlists of his backstory :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cataclysmic Archangel

I need to work on actually writing out a backstory.  I have it in my head, but need to get it on paper. 

Trying to decide if I want to bother with the Legacy sword, or just go with a 'normal' force sword.  It will depend on if I need that talent or not that Shadow mentioned.

Can anyone suggest another acquisition I might like instead?  For a psyk-heavy character that doesn't want to bother with mundane weaponry?

Kevben Battleheart

Egil Frostvein the Unshackled

Character Name: Egil Frostvein
Player Name: Kevben Battleheart
Archetype: Xurunt Frost Father
Race: Human
Alignment: Khorne
Pride: Martial Prowess (+5 WS, -5 Int)
Disgrace: Wrath (+5 Per, -2 WP, -1 Wound)
Motivation: Vengeance (+5 Corruption, -3 Int)

Wound: 13

WS: 55
BS: 25
S: 45
T: 45
Ag: 40
Int: 22
Per: 40
WP: 31
Fel: 38
Inf: 31

Corruption: 20

Corruption 10: Reward of Khorne=Fail
Gift of the Gods: 27+3= Darksoul

Corruption 20: Reward of Khorne=Fail
Gift of the Gods: 92+3= Vampiric Addiction (Bone Marrow)

Melee Weapons:
Name: Sword (65% Success)
Class: Melee Damage: 1D10+1 Type: Rending Penetration: 2 (mono upgrade)
Special Rules: Balanced, Mono, Best Craftsmanship

Name: Knife (65% Success)
Class: Melee/Thrown Damage: 1d5+1 Type: Rending Penetration: 2 (mono upgrade)
Special Rules: Mono, Best Craftsmanship

Name: Lance-goad (60% Success)
Class: Melee Damage: 1D10+2 Type: Rending Penetration: 1 Range: 3m
Special Rules: Primitive (7), Shocking, Unbalanced, Good Craftsmanship

Ranged Weapons:
Name: Bow (25% Success)
Class: Basic Damage:1D10 Type: Rending Penetration: 0
Range: 40m Rate of Fire: S/-/- Clip: 1 Reload Action: Half
Special Rules: Good Craftsmanship, Reliable, Primitive (6)

Skills: Athletics, Acrobatics, Awareness, Command, Command +10, Common Lore (Imperial Guard), Common Lore (War), Common Lore (Xurunt), Dodge, Intimidate, Intimidate +10, Linguistics, Navigate (Surface), Parry, Parry +10, Scholastic Lore (Occult), Stealth, Survival, Survival +10, Trade (Explorator)

Talents & Traits: Air of Authority, Battle Rage, Berserk Charge, Combat Master, Combat Sense, Disarm, Fear (1), Frenzy, Furious Assault, Greater Minion of Chaos, Hardy, Jaded, Lightning Reflexes, Peer (Xur), Pity the Weak, Quick Draw, Resistance (Cold, Fear), Weapon Training (Primary, SP), The Quick and the Dead (+2 Init),

Special Abilities: A Great Boast, Visions of Death

Gear:

Best Craftsmanship Sword with Mono upgrade
Good Craftsmanship Lance-goad
Good Craftsmanship Bow and 30 Arrows with Mono upgrade
Best Craftsmanship Knife with Mono upgrade
Beast Fur Armor (Body, 2 AP)
5 Trophy Skulls

Head Armor: 0
Body Armor: 2
Left Arm Armor: 0
Left Leg Armor: 0
Right Arm Armor: 0
Right Leg Armor: 0

Well here's everything I've gotten done so far. My math and stuff should be correct so that means all I really need to do is give him a background and make the minion he gets from the Greater Minion of Chaos Talent, unless you'd prefer him to not have it Shadow.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Arcannyx on June 19, 2014, 07:17:18 PM
So we can make Legacies if we want... and which ruleset?  Is there a talent involved behind it?  Or just if you want something above and beyond what you normally start with (Cursed H)?

No talent involved, sorry. Misinformation on my part due to not having time to pull up the book and having to leave for work. If you really want a Very Rare weapon/armor as a Legacy, you'll have to take Cursed Heirloom talent and then apply Legacy to your CH.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 20, 2014, 09:21:00 PM

No talent involved, sorry. Misinformation on my part due to not having time to pull up the book and having to leave for work. If you really want a Very Rare weapon/armor as a Legacy, you'll have to take Cursed Heirloom talent and then apply Legacy to your CH.

Ok, still confused at this point, which is why I'm just not going to take a Legacy.  Based on the rules you should only need CH to take something Extremely Rare, not Very Rare... unless you already get something that rare, such as with the Wealth passion or your advanced Template. 

But as I said, I won't bother, it's just too confusing.  He's not a combat character anyway, not through melee, so I don't care too much about running a Legacy.  Just trying to decide on one last acquisition that would suit him, and then the character's done.

Sinestra

Well my rolls for Corruption turned out interesting... turns out the Scream Queen is part Daemonette now. Should be fun.

Would it be too much to ask that instead of being full on hermaphroditic all the time, she can switch her sex organs through, I'd guess the power of the warp? I'm not really into hermaphroditic stuff... though I could go with someone who could shift their naughty bits.

Also sounds like some more XP to spend at generation, will have to do that. And fine-tune her items, of course... but beyond that and her "Gifts", I mean she's pretty obvious what kind of character she is and what she'll do in a group. Heavy Sonic Weaponry, motorcycle badassness and corruption of the corpse-worshipers! :)

Belliala, Handmaiden of Slaanesh

Belliala Di'es Iras , Handmaiden of Slaanesh

Archtype: Fallen Sororitas
Race: Human
Alignment: Slaanesh
Pride: Wealth
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Vengeance
Experience Unspent: 0

Slaanesh Advances: 2
Khorne Advances: 0
Nurgle Advances: 0
Tzeentch Advances: 0

Weapon Skill: 40 (25+3+12)
Ballistic Skill: 40 (25+3+12)
Strength: 30 (40) (25+5)
Toughness: 35 (25+10)
Agility: 40 (+6) (25+15)
Intelligence: 30 (25+5)
Perception: 25 (25+-5+5)
Willpower: 30 (25+-3+7)
Fellowship: 50 (+7) (25+20+5)
Infamy: 52 (25+9+2+11+5)

Corruption, Mutations and Abilities
10: Rewards of the Dark Gods Test PASS
Reward Roll: Daemon Weapon
20: Rewards of the Dark Gods Test FAIL, Roll Gifts instead
Gifts Roll: -4 modified by Infamy (Pseudo-Daemonhood) (Daemonette)

Head Armor: 7
Body Armor: 7
Left Arm Armor: 7
Left Leg Armor: 7
Right Arm Armor: 7
Right Leg Armor: 7

Wounds: 20
Movement: 4
Infamy Points: 3
Corruption Points: 20

Skills:
Athletics (Str) +0
Acrobatics (Ag) +0
Awareness +0
Carouse (T) +0
Charm (Fel) +10
Command (Fel) +0
Common Lore (Int)
  • Ecclesiarchy +0
  • Imperial Creed +0
  • Imperium +0
  • War +0
Deceive (Fel)  +0
Disguise (Fel) +0
Dodge (Ag) +10
Operate (Ag)
  • Ground Vehicle +0
Forbidden Lore (Int)
  • Inquisition +0
Interrogation (WP) +0
Intimidate (S) +0
Literacy (Int)
Parry (WS) +10
Speak Language (Int)
  • High Gothic
  • Low Gothic
Stealth (Agi) +0
Swim (S) +0
Tech-Use (Int) +0
Trade (Int)
  • Singer +0
Talents & Traits:
The Quick and the Dead
Cursed Heirloom
Enemy (Adepta Sororitas)
Hatred (Adeptus Astartes)
Hatred (Adeptus Sororitas)
Jaded
Quick Draw
Mighty Shot
Lightning Reflexes
Swift Attack
Unshakeable Will
Weapon Training Pistol (Bolt, Flame)
Weapon Training Basic (Bolt, Flame)
Weapon Training Melee (Power, Primitive)
Weapon Training Exotic (Sonic Weapons)
Dark Blessing [Unnatural Fellowship (+2)]
Radiant Presence
Fear 4 (Terrifying)
Warp Instability
Unnatural Agility (+2)
Daemonic (4)
Dark Sight
From Beyond
Soporific Musk
Daemonic Presence

Melee Weapons
Name: Power Sword (% Success)
Class: Melee Damage: 1d10+5 Type: Energy Penetration: 5
Special Rules: Power Field, Balanced

Ranged Weapons
Name: Bolter (% Success)
Class: Basic Damage: 1d10+5 Type: Explosive Penetration: 4
Range: 100m Rate of Fire: S/3/- Clip: 24 Reload Action: Full
Special Rules: Tearing

Equipment
Equipment Name (Source) - Weight
Slaanesh-Corrupted Adeptus Sororitas Power Armor (Light Power Armor)
Working Sub Systems
*Sustainable Power Source
*Vox Link
*Auto-Senses

*Power Armor Customization: Devotional Iconography (Slaanesh)
Bolter
Power Sword
Ghibelline Hyperwave Clarion Cannon
Good-Craftsmanship Conversion Field
Slaanesh Symbol Pendant
Best Craftsmanship Daemon-Blessed Combat Bike
Good-Craftsmanship Mind-Impulse Unit

Background

A young woman raised in the Schola Progenium, Belliala grew up believing everything the Ecclesiarchy and the Inquisition shoved down her throats. She believed every story, every lie and every image fed to her from the moment the church took her in when her parents perished in a ork invasion when she was just a child. Having been whisked away to a monastery to become a Adeptus Sororitas, Belliala grew up with hate and fury as her daily bread, a meal she devoured along with the worship of her one true God Emperor.

It wasn't until her coven, on a distant planet and removed from the majority of the Imperium's activities, were visited by a group of Grey Knights. The coven welcomed the angels with open arms and celebrations were nearly beginning when, without warning or provocation, the Grey Knights mercilessly began to slaughter her sisters. So shocked were they that is was over in mere seconds, no sister able to even raise a bolter against the Astartes. Belliala had been sent off by her Cannoness on an errand to make ready for the Knight's arrival, and it was in a moment of weakness she had paused for but a few moments to indulge herself at a small grove that saw her arrival just as the Grey Knights began desecrating her sister's bodies and smearing their blood across their armor.

She could not comprehend what she was to bare witness to. Over hours she watched them ordain themselves in her sister's blood as she watched from behind the vault door of the coven. Protected from the auspex scans of the knights, she could only stare in awe at the deeds before her. Everything in her body knew what she saw was heresy of the highest order, the death of her friends and superiors was unthinkable, but it was all done by her God Emperor's Angels, his most holy and uncorruptable angels. Her mind could not bare the strain.

That evening as the knights began to venture from the coven towards some distant goal, Belliala watched a lone knight remain behind, for what purpose she did not know, but her mind demanded revenge, but not revenge of blood, but revenge of pain and torment. With her training and a mirade of weapons available to her, it was a simple task of ambushing the knight and in one clean motion disabling his armor's power generator. Without the ability to call for aid or to oppose her, the marine was helpless as the falling sister strung up the blood-adorned knight and began to sing.

She had long enjoyed singing out the glorious praises of her God Emperor, her voice joining a grande chorus with her sisters. But that night, for the first time in many years, she sang out with only her voice. A new song of worship slipped to her lips as she proceeded to engage in hours of rigorous torture of her 'plaything'. She called out in denouncement of the God Emperor, denouncing his angels and denouncing the Imperium itself for all time. It would be days before the knight's fellows would return, and when they did, all that was left behind was the hardened blood of their battle brother.

The very warp had come for her, had whisked her, her fallen sisters, and her 'plaything' deep into the Eye of Terror. A song at her lips for Slaanesh, Belliala gifted her tortured Grey Knight to a great Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, a gift the creature could enjoy for all time, if only she could be allowed to stay and bring a song of damnation to all the Imperium. And sing the Daemon Prince did have her do. So glorious was her song, so enthralling her performances against the Imperium, that she drew a great deal of attention within the Warp. As one of few Sororitas who have fallen, Belliala was visited on numerous occasions by powerful entities in the warp... some to bestow favor, and others to seek a piece of her flesh. She accumulated treasures and trinkets, as well as countless offers of companionship...

One such Daemon to "offer" himself, proclaimed his name to be "Doomrider", a prince of Slaanesh and all vices within. Their meeting was over in moments, one part rape, one part courtship, one part date and one part 'messy breakup' all in the span of moments. An excess fueled few moments the like that Belliala had never experienced before, and likely never would again. When it was all said and done, and she lay passed out across a discarded daemonic combat bike the prince had left in the chaos, Belliala found herself changed forever. Her skin had become unnatural, her body and soul infused with the very essence of her Dark God... she had far more in common with the Daemonettes she summoned and bargained with than humanity anymore. Her mission was unchanged, however... her former Sisters still remained ignorant of the truth. A truth she intended to scream at them with all the intensity Slaanesh had to offer.

Showing My Work

Starting Experience Spent
500 - +5 Infamy
100 - Fellowship +5
200 - Exotic Weapon (Sonic)
200 - Radiant Presence
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Sinestra on June 21, 2014, 05:42:40 AM
I mean she's pretty obvious what kind of character she is and what she'll do in a group. Heavy Sonic Weaponry, motorcycle badassness and corruption of the corpse-worshipers! :)

I suddenly think I'm gonna need a bigger psychic gun. :)

Terian

How'd you get so much Infamy?  I thought the highest possible value that you could get right out the gate was something like 40?

Also, how'd you get the Unnatural Fellowship and Agility?

Sinestra

And as for Infamy, you can add to it with your starting 100. You gain extra from being human, from your Pride, Disgrace, Motivations etc etc. Then you can buy more with Advancements. And gain more through your Corruption rolls (that one I didn't get, but I saw one that did give Infamy).

Unnatural bits come from being Pseudo-Daemon and Dark Blessing.

But, as is all things before the game gets going, or characters are chosen, her stats and things are flexible. She's not actually fully done yet.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Cataclysmic Archangel

I thought your starting 100 was split among the prime 9 stats, and Infamy was the one you could only raise with Exp (and more expensive than most?)

ShadowFox89

You still need to generate your Infamy by rolling. Infamy is 1d5+19.

Legacy items become one step rarer for the purpose of acquiring them and count as one step better quality as far as mechanics go. So a Rare item becomes Very Rare and a Very Rare becomes Extremely Rare. You would need to take Cursed Heirloom in tandem with acquiring a Legacy Weapon to get something that is ranked Very Rare (slight loophole abuse, but I'd allow it on the basis that you're spending 200xp to get a slight bonus).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

HairyHeretic

If you have the Ancient Warrior talent, any Legion weaponry becomes one catagory less rare. That might help with getting something too.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Terian

Quote from: Sinestra on June 21, 2014, 06:42:11 AM
And as for Infamy, you can add to it with your starting 100. You gain extra from being human, from your Pride, Disgrace, Motivations etc etc. Then you can buy more with Advancements. And gain more through your Corruption rolls (that one I didn't get, but I saw one that did give Infamy).

Unnatural bits come from being Pseudo-Daemon and Dark Blessing.

But, as is all things before the game gets going, or characters are chosen, her stats and things are flexible. She's not actually fully done yet.

No, we can't add to it with our starting 100, we still have to roll for Infamy.  We don't gain extras for being Human either, through Pride/Disgrace/Motivations can work.

Pseudo-Daemon does get you the Unnatural Agility, but where's Dark Blessing?

Cataclysmic Archangel

@Shadow:  That makes sense.  I forgot about the part where it changes the quality.

I was focused on the part where it said you could use an item that you started with.  Since the TSS archetype starts with a Force Sword, it's already breaking the rules with a Near Unique item.

As I said, not that big a deal.  I'd rather have a Daemon Weapon than a Legacy anyway, except it goes against the background I was thinking of for him.  The Tzeentch powers are amazing for him, however... mostly the sorcery bonuses.

ChaoticSky

Starting infamy is actually 19(base)+9(adv)+1d5. IIRC there may be Passions that raise it as well, but you cannot add to it though your characteristic allocations, just like you cant for wounds or corruption. In this game, Infamy is very much your progress-meter, it rises with great deeds and falls when you fuck up. At the end of the line, Infamy is the difference between a mighty champion who ascends to Daemonhood and leads armies and some nobody who cracks under the weight of their own blessings and mutates into a mindless spawn, nothing more than a beast.

If you happen to get a Reward Of the Gods and roll a Daemonic Name, you get more, but thats the only way.

*Argh, ninjaed *woe*

Baalborn87

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 21, 2014, 07:08:42 AM
You still need to generate your Infamy by rolling. Infamy is 1d5+19.

Legacy items become one step rarer for the purpose of acquiring them and count as one step better quality as far as mechanics go. So a Rare item becomes Very Rare and a Very Rare becomes Extremely Rare. You would need to take Cursed Heirloom in tandem with acquiring a Legacy Weapon to get something that is ranked Very Rare (slight loophole abuse, but I'd allow it on the basis that you're spending 200xp to get a slight bonus).

Amended

ChaoticSky

Actually, i have a question; Shadow, will you allow pistol/sword Legacy combos? By raw, they have to be both ranged or both melee, using a sword/pistol doesnt work.... however doing that already requires a extra talent; Ambidex+two weapon+the cap talent vs Ambidex+two weapon+the other two weapon+the cap talent.

Is that not punishment enough? XD

Sinestra

I will have to correct my Infamy then. Oops.

I assume we can still buy Infamy with our starting XP though.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Sinestra on June 21, 2014, 06:24:15 PM
I will have to correct my Infamy then. Oops.

I assume we can still buy Infamy with our starting XP though.
Nope. There is no way to ever buy inf with exp

Sinestra

Quote from: Darkling on June 21, 2014, 08:29:20 PM
Nope. There is no way to ever buy inf with exp

Is that a rule for this specific game I'm missing?

Because on page 304 of the Core Black Crusade book, where it lists purchasing Infamy as an Advance for 500 experience (so long as your Infamy is below 40) is..?