Inheritance Cycle(Eragon Books) RP - Interest Check

Started by Juggtacular, May 02, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Eragon

Eldest

Brisingr

Inheritance

The Inheritance Cycle is a 4 part book series taking place in the massive world(continent/country) of Alagaësia. It focuses mainly on Eragon Bromson, a seemingly unassuming young man who became the first new Dragon Rider in 100 years after a seeming random series of events ended with a dragon egg on his doorstep. He would go on to change the world in his adventures.

This is just an interest check to see if people would want to do something like this, so what I'm proposing is a continuation of the series. This would take place after everyone has said their goodbyes and gone their separate ways. Eragon would be Master Commander of the new Dragon Academy in the new land with Saphira(or starting it out). Murtagh would be in self imposed exile with Thorn, Arya would be the new Elf Queen with her dragon Firnen, etc, etc, etc...

Here's hoping I'm not the only one who read the books.

Inheritance Cycle - A New World OOC

The Golden Touch

I believe I only read the first two, but I really did like the series. Are you planning for OCs in the world, or using Canons?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Juggtacular

You don't have to have read all 4 books. If enough interest is shown I'll have explanations, info, and pretty much cheat sheets to help you through it.

And what fun would it be if we stuck with only canons? There will be those, but I love OC's so it'll be open to them as well.

The Golden Touch

Juggtacular

Excellent. One down. Oh, and if you ever get the chance, you should finish out the series. It's pretty good.

BruceTheCat

Definitely interested here. I didn't finish the last book, but I'd like to participate.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Juggtacular

That's 2 people. Come on everyone else. You know you wanna ride around on a dragon and set your sword on fire with your mind.

AndyZ

Is the plan to be all or mostly riders?  If so, may want to have half the group playing dragons.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Juggtacular

The plan was that people would be able to choose where they wanted to start, and after a bit they'd all end up coming together as another threat makes itself known. One even more dangerous than Galbatorix with all his Eldunari.

Vaulera

Most definitely interested! I loved these books when I was a Teen!

Ziya

I was JUST rereading this series too! This sounds quite interesting, so count me in as well.

Juggtacular

That's 4 people so far. Enough of an interest for me to continue I'd say. I'll start filling out the details and such for you guys in a bit.

The Golden Touch

Still onboard... Probably an OC elf warrior or something. I'm not that great with Canons I do not know well.

AndyZ

I was also thinking of an OC elf.  Want to know each other, Golden?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

The Golden Touch

Sounds great, Andy. Siblings? Same class but different levels of awesome... Yes, I put that there. Ummm... Message me with ideas? :3

Jmorty33

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Juggtacular

So many people showing interest. That's great to see. Well, let me get started. This is now the recruitment thread. I'm working on the OC thread now which will contain all the info you'll need moving forward. Just a question on what group do you all think this should be in?

AndyZ

Exotic instead of Human.  As I recall, elves often transform themselves to some degree, and we may end up with dragons besides.  Not sure if there are much of any left, though, but it's been a while since I read.

Juggtacular

Yes. Aside from Humans, there are Dwarves, Elves, and Urgals(which are sort of like Orc's mixed with Qunari in the appearance department). And Elves do use magic to modify their bodies a lot. One Elf was running around looking like a giant blue werecat.

And there are dragons now. This will take place sometime after the end of Inheritance so people can have access to everything the world can offer and not have to wait.

Do you guys wanna stay Light, or go deeper into Bondage/Non-Con?

AndyZ

I can think of a lot of fun things to do if I go with an elf, though I'm not sure which I'd pick.  She might even just change her appearance in various ways on the fly.

Playing a dragon bound to a particular rider could be fun as well, though I'd be concerned about that person vanishing from the thread.

I don't think I'd want to play both dragon and rider.

Juggtacular

Elves are prone to do that, and because it's magic they can easily change whenever they're dissatisfied. Some of them change so often they looked ferent every time Eragon saw them.

As for playing a dragon, that presents a unique problem/opportunity. Dragons are never mindless creatures, but in this world they are intellectuals once they start to grow. They can speak to anyone using a form of magic telepathy as long as they are within their range and that person isn't actively shielding their mind with magic. And since dragons are highly different from their riders, I'll leave you the choice of rp'ing your own dragon, or having a partner. But as Andy said, having a partner means depending on that person, and if they leave you may be in a jam.

I've added the link to the OOC thread in my opening post.

Ziya

I've got a decent amount of experience playing multiple characters simultaneously, so I'd probably just play both my character and his dragon.

Juggtacular

Hey guys. The OOC has been updated further, and you can begin pm'ing me your character sheets. Once that starts I'll put up the character thread.

All canon positions are open except for Eragon who will be played by me(for sake of moving the story), and Murtagh who has been claimed by DarkAngel111. So Nasuada, King Orrin, Angela, Solembum, Roran, Arya, etc... are all open.

AndyZ

I'm just not getting decent ideas.  I hope this goes well, though.