{~*Corner Sweets*~}

Started by Spa O o fey, October 15, 2008, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi knew what it was like trying to consume an orb. "That will kick in soon and you will become younger and loss your ability to speed up time. You will be the age you should have been." She created another glass of water and an orb for herself. She looked at him and knew that this was for the best. She raised up the orb and hesitated.

Mordred

Rex stared in disbelief... raising his hands, still lightly coughing, "Wait... what's this? Why do you have one?"... Foreboding rising in him... something felt wrong about this... "I'm the sicko, not you", smiling but quickly concern crossed his face as he saw the hesitation and slight apprehension on Aoi's normally serene, adorable face.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi smiled bravely. "This orb," She raised it like a toast, "Is the payment for the orb that you consumed." She bit her lip, she might as well tell him the payment since there was no going back now. Besides, he would find out about a minute after she consumed the orb. "The payment for returning you to your rightful form is this, I give up my wings." She sighed, she was going to miss them. "I can still use my powers to simulate flying and I can create the illusion of wings, but the effortless flying that you experienced will be no more." She held one of his hands in hers. "I did this willingly for you, I will not lose you because something went wrong and you aged faster than you should have." She looked at the orb and grimaced, "Bottom's up" She said cheerily before taking a bite of the orb and trying to consume it before she tasted too much of it.

Mordred

"Your... wings", Rex nearly whispered, in sad shock. "No, Aoi, please no", he implored as he thought of all the times she had so proudly let those wings spread out. She adored her wings! No, I can't let her do this, he thought. "That is too high a price... I can't let you!"
Rex began to reach up, in protest, yet then.. it hit him. His hands shot up to his head, clutching at his temples as his feet jerked out, toppling his chair back. He thought, if anything, it would be felt maybe in his stomach. But no, it was like a dozen blades thrusting into his skull.
Thrashing back and forth on the floor, his head constantly lifting and slamming, out of control, Rex began speaking in a low, strange voice. His eyes were rolled back as he continued to convulse and nearly jump off the floor.
The speech sounded in reverse, at an increasingly speeding rate, with strange laughs, yells, and other odd sounds intertwined. As if all the history, all the time he had spent since aging faster, was in reverse, escaping through his mind and speech. It sped to being incomprehensible, nearly comical in it's sound if not for the zombie-like moves and jerks on the floor. As this continued, his appearance morphed in a weird way, years melting off his face and hands. His hair, also, began to first darken in it's color to a very dark blond, then shift towards a paler shade, while slowly growing back to it's more youthful hairline.
Finally... it stopped.
Eyes blinking, Rex reached back. "My head... oh jeez that hurts!" Squeezing hands around his head he slowly focused on his surroundings, puzzlement filling it until he jumped up suddenly, reaching inside his coat for some sort of weapon. "What the?", then looking down, he saw Aoi. "Aoi? What? How can?"
His years erased, along with the memory of what passed with the time. "I was just getting ready to sleep. I just... arrived." Looking around, but happy to see Aoi in this moment of confusion, "Corner Sweets? My god I haven't been here since I was a little kid. My dad would send me here for goodies." Looking back at Aoi. "You look a little different. Your hair... wow, that looks nice!"
Suddenly afraid of her reaction to his leaving a few days earlier, he held up his hands, "Before you have a go at me, I can explain!"
Looking at the strange orb she was eating, "What... is... that???"
Rubbing his head, grimacing and grinning at the same time. "Did you just whack me on the head? It's killing me! Hmm, and I feel like I'm forgetting something important."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi wept, she couldn't have saved him the pain of the transformation but she would have taken it. She finished the orb, "You remember me, Rex. You remember last night, you must be strong." She said before she slumped and screamed, her wings flinging out. She grabbed his hands, "I...give up...my wings...willingly." She gasped as her wings dissolved, tears were flowing freely as it felt like there was a hot brand on her shoulder blades. When the transformation finally finished, she looked up, "There is one more orb, if you wish to take it." She said with bated breath. "It will restore your memory although you will not understand how the time works. Will you take it?" She asked, pulling yet another orb out of thin air and offering it to him.

Mordred

His eyes filling with tears, Rex watched his best friend lose her most prized possession... her wings. "I don't understand. Why do you sound so serious and why are you willingly giving up your wings?" But one thing he always knew, his friend had a deeper understanding of mystical things. Maybe her wings were just gone temporarily? He hoped.
"My memory? Ohhh, I get it. You found me as I left, then knocked me out", rubbing his throbbing head again... although the pain was fading quickly. "Then you pulled me here so I'd wake up, able to have some sweets?", for Aoi always teased him about his sweet-tooth.
Holding up his hands in mock surrender, "OK, I give! I won't leave. I have no idea how you knew, or where to find me.. but I won't leave."
"Why did you have to give up your wings? Will they return?" Suddenly he felt as though he had a thousand questions, some of which he couldn't even grasp.. making no sense to him, but they were quickly vanishing from his mind.
Sitting, "Wow, I'm horribly confused. None of this makes any sense."
Seeing this new orb appear, his first thought was, 'Another one?' Then, tasting inside his mouth, "Why do I have the feeling I just ate one of those?"
Seeing the tears fall from her eyes, Rex reached out, cupping her face with his hands... "Darling, why did you lose your wings?"
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi bit her lip, his hands feeling so comforting. "Take the orb and remember, dear heart." She whispered. "I will never leave you and you will always have sweets." She teased, wrapping one hand around his and purring softly against it. She wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to laugh with him. Now she wouldn't have to lose him to early aging, he was safe from an early death. "My wings will never return unless the court wills it." She said, looking into his eyes and becoming lost. She felt sure that she had done the best thing for him. "Take it and remember." She urged again, bringing up a cup of water and sipping delicately from it.

PhantomPistoleer

::Phantom Pistoleer enters Corner Sweets bearing a large cello case.  He places the cello case at the bar, because he can only presume that a place as awesome as Corner Sweets has a bar.  Then, he opens the cello case to reveal that it is not a cello case, but actually, a bath tub.  He then grabs a big silver hoop and drops it on the ground.  He steps inside the circle of the silver hoop and lifts it, revealing a large curtain which covers him momentarily as he changes.  He drops the hoop and he's in polka dot trunks!  He's also carrying a loofa and a ducky.  He jumps into the bath and sets his ducky out, laughing maniacally!::

GO, DUCKY, GO!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mordred

Still unsure, but always knowing Aoi had more sense in her than he had, which was always a reason for her to tease his many silly ways, he took the orb. Remember? What, remember her hitting me on the head and dragging me here? He was about to ask how but remembered that with her wings she could have held onto him in the air.

Brow furrowed, he lifted the orb, sniffing it. Wrinkling his nose, he then looked down to see a fresh, full glass of water. Why does that seem so familiar, he wondered. The fresh smell of coffee wafted through the air. Wrinkling his nose again, a grin spread across his face, "Coffee... God, can you smell it? What a horrible smell. I will never drink coffee!"

In an overly dramatic way, Rex grabbed the glass with the other hand, as if in a duel. "Ok, here goes nothing!" he exclaimed, taking bite after drink, drink after bite. "Hmm", with stuffed mouth, "This isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's not good... but it's not all that bad."

As he ate away, his face changed. Not in it's age, but small subtle changes. Mostly in the eyes.

Taking the last bite, the orb totally consumed, he then grabbed the glass and swigged the last drink. "Wow... that was weird", taking Aoi's hands again. "Oh you... why did you have to give your wings? There might have been another way."

"The Court... somehow I will make them see reason into giving your wings back." Kneeling next to Aoi... "Oh angel... what price you have paid for my pathetic life? I'm simply me, just a regular guy in a crazy world. But you, you are a different, special, magical being. How could you make a such a sacrifice for me?"

Rex squeezed Aoi in a hug... happy to have someone who cared for him, yet equally saddened by her sudden loss.
Whispering, "I promise you, I will not give up until you have your wings back."

Inside his mind, he made a sacred oath of the Assassin... to get Aoi's wings back regardless of who stood in his way, some how. But really, he hoped it wouldn't come to violence.

(Standing suddenly, Rex notices the somewhat mad person taking a bath. Hmm... Reaching into his pocket, Rex pulls out a wind up boat... gesturing towards the odd newcomer... <in the voice of Bert, as Bert and Ernie>, "Want a brand new shiny boat?")
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi giggled at his reaction to the orb, secretly glad that he wasn't make as much of a fuss about this one as he had about the first one. She smiled when he smelled the coffee. "You love coffee. You used to drink it all the time." She teased lightly.

Aoi shook her head as he told her that he was simply a guy. "You have never been just another guy. You were my friend, we shared so much and I can still get you to jump off the roof." She teased, glad that he remembered. But, she was also a little saddened about the loss of her wings. She could still fly with her powers but the effortless flight was gone.

She hugged him, holding on to him as if she never wanted him to leave, "Don't worry about my wings. I can learn to live as any other person who has to walk. I will probably miss them but I also missed you when you left." She stood up with him, turning as he did to the crazy person in the bath.

"Hello, there. What, may I ask, are you doing in a bath tub? Don't you know that you could ruin the sugar?" She gently scolded, she hoped that no water would get to Ally's sugar creations behind the glass.

Mordred

Inhaling deeply, Rex realized he hadn't had any coffee for nearly 24 hours. "Wow... I hate to use a cliche but I have seen my life flash before my eyes twice within 20 minutes."

Shaking his head, "One of those times, it was totally in reverse... the other, thankfully, in forward time."

Out of habit, he sped himself to fill his coffee cup. But nope, no longer, that ability was happily gone.

"I won't be able to sneak up on you any more", he said, tweaking Aoi's nose.

Hearing the splashes, he looked over towards the crazy guy in the tub... wondering what it was about this strange shop that seemed to attract the most peculiar beings. "For the love of God, man... use some bubble bath!", he jokingly yelled out, laughing.

"Thank you, Aoi", he said, surprised at the rush of emotions inside in such a suddenly strangely silly moment. "You have saved my life, and for that and many other reasons", taking her hands in his, pressing against his heart, "my life is now yours."
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed at the cliche. "At least you are alive to tell about it." She said, smiling up at him. "You can't speed up." She teased, poking his nose. She melted when he said that he owed her his life. She wanted to make him so happy, she wanted to be his friend again. "We have saved each other's lives but in different ways." She crooned, suddenly she had the urge to twirl in circles like a little girl again. She was giddy with joy and relief. With a spark of mischief in her eyes she asked, "Want to see how it feels to fly without my wings?" She asked jokingly.

Mordred

Rex instantly melted. "Yes, I would love to know how it is without your wings", amazed that Aoi could still fly. "Will I have to hold you tighter", he asked, hoping... yet knowing her flying ability seemed to defy the laws of science. Taking a drink of coffee, for a brief moment he nearly grimaced... Coffee? He thought, but then that thought faded. The wonderful taste flowed nicely down the throat. "Be careful, poking my nose... I might have to bite your finger... but you know it wouldn't hurt", he said, sticking out his tongue playfully.
*See Pillory*

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Aoi laughed dragging him out of the store. Instantly putting up a shield, "Let's go flying then." She said grabbing him and jumping into the air, she bit her lip and extended her power so that it was like a pillow under them. "Let's sit down and enjoy the scenery." She said, using her power to keep them up. ((back to PM))

Priest

Damien Tivoli stopped suddenly as he was walking down the street.  Something had sought his attention and stopped him in his tracks, he looked around trying to understand what had broken his concentration before he realised that it was no outward trigger, rather that of some distant memory that surfaced as he walked past this building that stood discreetly off the street.  He read the sign above the door and

He reached into his inside jacket pocket and fished out a pair of dice.  These dice had been roughly carved from the leg bone of the chief he had vanquished but his memories of this were dim, most of his time in the Congo had become a distant memory that led to his outward quirky behaviour.

Damien tilted his head as if there was someone else sharing the same space as him, which, in a way, there was.  Buried in the other inside jacket pocket was the second keepsake he carried with him from the depths of the Congo; the shrunken head of the tribe elder he had opposed..

“Six or more and we stop here for a drink.”  Damien flicked the dice into the air and watched them keenly as they clattered to the floor in front of the shop doorway.  The first dice came to rest displaying the number 4, the second teetered for a moment with it looking as if the number 1 was gaining the upper hand before the dice suddenly rocked backwards and fell of the step and showed the matching 4.

Damien nodded and scooped the dice up before reaching out for the door and giving it a push inwards.  As he stepped through he began to feel that familiar sense of nervousness that he often felt, he did all he could to push it to the back of his mind as he walked across to the counter and looked upwards at the menu to see what caught his eye.

anon

Ally tilted her head up from rearranging a group of sugar chickens on the tray. No easy task as the chicks wouldn't stop moving long enough for her to do so. She frowned a little, she was rapidly losing control of her powers, her subconscious surfacing face. And despite her careless nature, it was starting to worry her. The last time her subconscious had taken precedence, the outcome wasn't good.

She smiled at the newcomer, the bells jingling in her hair. "Hi. Welcome to Corner Sweets. What can I get for you today?"

Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Priest

Damien hadn’t noticed the slim figure approach him or the struggle she had been having with misbehaving confectionary items prior to her welcoming him.  He gave her a small smile and absent-mindedly played with the dice between his fingers, a small nervous smile on his face made for a poor mask as his feeling of tenseness grew with each lingering second.

He palmed the dice and sent them rolling across the counter where they came to rest and displayed a three and a two.  He concentrated on this for a moment before glancing back up at the menu.

“D..d..d..”  he clenched and unclenched his fingers for a moment, trying to get a grasp of his stammering voice.  “D..do you happp..pen to have any Hot Ch..chocolate.” he tried again to smile and relax a little more.  He glanced again at the dice before scooping them backup.

“I will n..need marshmallows t..too.  Thank you”

anon

Ally cocked her head at the dice and the obvious nerves in the stranger and the chicks imitated her with chirps. "Stop with that." She grumbled to her sugar creations. They complied, only with chorus of more chirping. At least I still have some control... She smiled at the stranger. "Sure! Take a seat and I'll bring it over."

Her skirt spun about her as she turned and moved over to pull out a large ceramic mug before ladling the hot chocolate into it. Placing it on the silver serving platter, she pulled out the small silver bowl and filled it with miniature marshmallow. She called out over her shoulder, "anything else that I can get for you?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

The more she looked at him the more he felt a blush creep up his cheeks and he did his best to return a confident smile.  He watched her spin around; her skirt flaring out as she moved.  Then for some reason he could place he had the briefest memory of a twirling grass skirt come to mind; a disjointed recollection that seemed out of place here. 

He looked around and spied a small round table with two seats; not too close to the window as to be seen by passers by; but close enough to benefit from the natural light that shone through it and so he made his way over and took off his jacket and with care he laid it across the back of the seat opposite. 

He was peckish and the mingled smell in this place did awaken his latent sweet tooth.  Damien rolled the dice around his palm before they hit the counter, they came up with a double one; snake eyes.  He looked up as she readied his drink.  “Let the f..f..fates decide.” he stammered; “What’s the spe..pe..ciality t..today?”

anon

Ally spun around in time to catch him rolling his dice.

The man was piquing her interest by the second. She blinked at the dice. "Gambler or fortune teller?" She said, bells jingling again. "As for the specialty..." She grinned, her fingers drumming on the glass case. "It depends on my mood. Just don't tell Eva." She winked. "Are you feeling adventurous?"
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien found himself caught up in the almost hypnotic tinkling of the bells in her sleek hair.

He looked down at the dice that nestled in his hand as he cogitated over her question; he tried to place the time when he first came across them but was having trouble doing that; it was as though he had always had them.  With his mind distracted his stammer faded and he answered whilst his eyes lay still over the hand carved cubes.  “Fortune teller. Yes”  this wasn’t as much an answer as it was the trigger of a memory somewhere deep.  “There was a time when my fate was out of my hand; but no more. Now my fate lies completely in my own hands.”  he closed his fingers over the dice.

The jingle of the bells shook him from his trance and he looked up at her; once more that nervous smile took residence.  “Ad..adventurous?”  there was something in her wink and he opened his hand and sent the dice clinking to the table; looking down he spoke “Yes.  It appears I am feeling adventurous.”

anon

"Fortune teller? Will you tell me my fortune then?"

Ally grinned at him as she placed a triplet of chocolate balls on a thin china plate. Red pepper powder dusted the smooth shell and liquor shook in the hollowed out inside of the balls. Frowning a little at the arrangement, she ducked into the kitchen and reappeared a few minutes later with a pair of sugared dice. Placing it on the platter, she balanced it in her hand before walking out over to his table.

Sliding the platter over to him, she beamed down at him as the dice rattled and spun. Hip pushed to a side, she braced herself against the back of a chair. "Is your fate completely in your own hands? You are depending on chance to decide your actions."

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

His eyes widened and he felt the first signs of sweat beading on his brow; “S..su..sure.  I…I..I  C..could give I..t a g..g..go.”  he made an effort to try and hold himself together.  Something about predicting others fortune filled him with dread, he was unsure as to why that was; but he smiled as best he could and watched her as she began preparing something behind the counter.

Damien’s eyes fell to the dice; their calming influence on him was apparent as he looked back up as she placed the sumptuously textured and smelling platter before him and he took a deep breath in of the glorious scent mix.  He smiled at the slender playful figure braced gracefully against the chair.

“I..I have always found chance to be unexplainable; circumstances that conspire for good  or ill.  T..T..this is why I roll the dice.  Through the confusion of a muddled m..m..mind they make the path clear.  I am in this shop because the dice spoke.”  He glanced nervously at his jacket hung neatly over the chair and nodded softly.

He reached out for one of the sugared dice and smiled as he placed it next to the others in his palm.  “You asked if I would tell your fortune.  What is it you wish to know?”

anon

"Still," she tilted her head, "that hardly means that you can control your own fate. The dice do." Her fingers drummed against the table for a moment as she pondered his question. "What I wish to know..." Her smile faded. There was a question that she desperately wanted to ask. Instead, she shook it off and gave him a sly smile. "Alright. My future. What is it that I will be doing next? Easy enough?" She blinked at him, curiosity apparent on her face.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Damien nodded softly as he glanced at the dice and then to the slight hidden shape within his jacket; he smiled and looked upwards.  “It is true that I can control the dice no more than anyone can their own fate; but I never have to look to far to see what my next move must be.”

He placed the sugar dice down and placing a marshmallow into his chocolate drink he took a sip; feeling a pleasurable tingle swallow his sense of taste.  The pleasure must have registered in his eyes as for a moment he forgot himself and smiled.  He placed the drink down and began to roll the carved dice in his hand as she asked him her question.

He sent the dice sailing into the air; rolling and twisting before falling against the table with a clatter on the platter next to the sugar dice:

Roll Result: Priest rolled: 2d6
Comment: What the future holds
Result: 4, 4,
Total: 8

A double.  All doubles left him with a sense of dread; but that was surely experiences by his own hand and that for someone else their meaning would be different.  The number 8, turned on its side represented infinity; the endless journey.  He looked up; sweat beading again. “Have you ever travelled great distances?”