KAOS: Pathfinder Edition (High-Level Game, No Longer PvP)

Started by TheRaven, May 27, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So, one thing I've noticed about E is that we tend to be lacking is high-level Pathfinder games. And after a round of it in real life, I've been becoming more interested in a game called Assassin, or KAOS. And so, I'd like to introduce...

Pathfinder Edition

So, backstory. A rich eccentric from Absalom has hired some of Golarion's most infamous professional killers for a little game. Each of the hired assassins has another participant as a target. When one assassin kills the next, that particular dead assassin's target becomes her killer's new target, until there is only one assassin left.

Well, that's how it was originally. However, since the biggest obstacle to recruiting appeared to be due to the game's inherent PvP nature, I thought I'd retool it. Now, rather than individual assassins, the game will be run instead with cells of assassins. The players will form one cell, a group of freelancers brought together (unless everyone can agree on a particular assassin organization to be from originally). Cells can consist of anything from a single member to six, and the person paying for this little game has made it clear to everyone participating that subcontracting mercenaries within the city as extra help is perfectly fine.

The crunch...

• Begin at Level 16
  • 25 point buy
  • 315,000 gp
  • Core races permitted; for others, run it by the GM first
  • All Paizo material permitted; for 3rd party, run it by the GM first
Now, with the retool for PvE combat, I have assembled groups from most major assassins' organizations in the stuff that Paizo's already published for us, plus several smaller groups of my own making. And so, a brief teaser of your potential foes, should you choose to join.

• The Anaphexia
  • The Daggermark Assassins' and Poisoners' Guilds
  • House Misraria
  • The Razorcrow Performers
  • The Lady's Handmaidens
  • Blackfingers' Fingers
  • The Short Blades
  • Yaezhing's Command
  • The Ferrymen
And other smatterings of freelance killers, most likely like yourselves.

So, now that there's been a change in the game's mechanics, fingers crossed for applications.  ;D[/list]
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Muse

Sorry this didn't get any attention.  I'd love to play some high level pathfinder, but PVP really isn't my thing. 

Please mark my down if you ever try something that isn't PVP.  ^_^;; 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Shaitan

same here, looking for the story as it were.

TheRaven

Updated. Since that seemed to be the obstacle, the game has been changed from PvP to typical party-based PvE.
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.

kckolbe

So now groups of assassins are competing against each other?  I'm interested, though not sure how gender balanced you want us to be.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

EroticFantasyAuthor

Muse

As am I... 

Hm... 

Arcane trickster maybe?  I wonder what other people are bandying around? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EroticFantasyAuthor

I may do a version of a favorite character, one I'm currently doing a version of for another campaign.

Would it be possible for one player to play two characters?

Shaitan

I recently got freed up for a campaign, what sort of environments are we looking at for the scenario?
Hoping for spellless ranger from kobold press as a class.

Lockepick

I'm certainly interested if there is still room.

If it does anything for my application, I'm perfectly happy to fill any 'role' that the party needs.  ie: If we've got all Arcane Tricksters or Rogues -- playing something different. I'm also comfortable with any of the groups listed -- plenty of fun plot in any of them.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

TheRaven

Assuming all five of you participate, it makes five people. There's still one spot open.

There's an archetype ranger that doesn't have spells, but I haven't seen that particular class you're talking about, I'll go take a look. As far as environments go, it's going to be by-and-large an urban campaign.

EroticFantasyAuthor

What about playing more than one character? I'm guessing it's a no go.

Lockepick

I'm starting to play around with the idea of a Druid. Figured it would be an untaken niche -- and give us an excuse to have some healing in the party. Using animal forms for infiltration as well as assassination. I'll probably take a look at 'urban druid' options as well, but I'll probably stick with the normal option.

EDIT: Urban Druid loses some Wild Shape capability, so I'm going to skip that one. Just going base, mundane druid.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

kckolbe

That would definitely be a different take.  I like the creativity.

EDIT:  I am currently thinking of a bard archetype.  I tend to like versatile characters.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Shaitan

the official no spell variants on ranger are significantly underpowered considering how useful the ranger spells are. This particular variant pushes it away from being a fighter rogue druid and more into a nature oriented fighter rogue which honestly fits the fluff behind a ranger a lot more, but I understand if someone isn't comfortable with it, its a pretty big set of changes.

TheRaven

Yeah. Multiple characters is a no go.

The Detective archetype is fun for skill monkeying, Sandman is good for being sneaky, and the two big combat ones are Arcane Duelists for more martial, and Magicians for more... well... magic.

I'll go take a look at it. Is it on the SRD?

kckolbe

I am looking at Arcane Duelist, Archaeologist, and Sound Striker at the moment, though am still very open on concept.

Intro Thread

Lockepick

Should we start building our characters? Are you cool with 'custom items' as long as they follow the normal magical item cost formula?

If so: Is there a preferred website for sheets you wanted to use? I normally just use dndsheets.

TheRaven

So long as you follow the cost rules, I'm totally okay with custom items.

And I'm not particularly picky as far as sheets go, so long as I can read them and you can edit them.

Shaitan

the class itself isn't on the srd as I can find it, however the pdf isn't difficult to locate

rancorius

TheRaven

rancorius

Lockepick

Almost got a sheet done for my Druid! Going Human Druid 16. Nothing wacky there. Not sure if anybody else has committed to anything?

My current idea for a druid assassin is that he believes that perpetrating assassinations helps bring chaos to the civilization -- and when there is enough chaos in society, nature can reclaim the land.

Probably making a gay dude. Or maybe a Bi-dude, in principal, but I wouldn't be acting out any M/F scenes. I do love me some gay dudes.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'll mostly likely be doing a version of a favored character, one I'm currently preparing a version of for another campaign.

That's still my current plan.

Thinking Rogue/Assassin at this point.

But of course it might changed if I get inspired to do something else.