News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Evil Pathfinder

Started by Jaded, August 13, 2014, 02:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

I am not entirely sure I will run this, but I thought I'd check for interest, comments, and so on.

The basic thought is that a group of four villains (Neutral Evil preferably, but willing and able to work together) have been tasked by a Demon Lord (Graz'zt?) to overthrow or seize control of a kingdom and spread his influence.  It would be semi-sandbox (how to deal with each task would be up to the characters, and options would depend on rolls, their races, and so on), but have a series of 'steps' to get to the top.  The first person they would have to convert or replace would be a lowly Baroness, and it would go from there. 

The game would be Extreme, but most smutty content would come from the characters (barring an unfortunate encounter with other evil creatures). 

I would only be looking for four characters, probably limited to a Warrior type, a Divine caster, an Arcane caster, and a Rogue (or Bard?).  I'd also only be allowing things from the PRD (and only the one released by Paizo, not the d20pfsrd), and only things outside of the core rulebook if they have prior approval.

I am thinking of a starting level of 6.  With the level being raised at certain milestones, instead of through experience directly. 

If I ran it, I'd want to maintain a fairly quick posting rate, probably a minimum of once every two or three days from everyone including myself. 

Anyone have any thoughts?  Ways to improve it or make it more interesting?  Anyone interested should I run it?

VonDoom

A very interesting proposition! While I tend to favor devils over demons because screwing around with specific wordings and iron clad laws and what wasn't said is a lot of fun, nothing really prevents NE characters working for Graz'zt from pretending to be people with integrity who keep their word ... right until the moment they judge the benefit vs. the fallout of going back on it in their favor.

Might I suggest if the lower planes are involved to include a certain measure of Planescape-y things, with the odd planar excursion or two?

I hold an interest in the Bard position; alternatively, a Fiend-themed Summoner might be interesting if the class is an option.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

1651Leviathan

I'd be interested in this. I could do any of the four roles, depending on what other people are interested in.

Interdiction of words

It has been a long time since I have done something like this but you can count me in on the Interest train along with a comment of "I hope you do well."
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Tydorei

I'm interested... Rogue type, Divine Caster type or Warrior type... (I have an inquisitor in mind... very versatile class. lol)

NicciKotor

Interested! I have found a savage species progression for succubus I like to use with a combo with bard. Super fun to play with and messing with people and dancing my way into orgies.

http://calloftea.com/forum/index.php?topic=2588.0
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest also, I like playing villains and I am not opposed play any four roles (and can get quickly concept on any of them).

Shjade

While interested, this is one of those situations where I'm betting everyone else in the thread is better able to actually play the game system being used, so I'll just bid you all good luck and good fun and maybe keep an eye on it from the bleachers. xD
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

VonDoom

Well, darn, after seeing some of your posts around lately, I'm pretty sure I'd have enjoyed playing with you, Shjade. Any chance you'll reconsider? Always happy to help good writers with mechanics if it means I get to enjoy the writing.  ;D

O&O

Teo Torriatte

I'm interested as well, but it already looks like there are more perspective players than available slots, and I'm not in the mood to work on a character I might not get to play.

Jaded

I was not expecting so much interest, hrm.  I figured it was kind of a niche idea.  I will try to run it, but I'm not sure how to choose players.  I don't really want to go over 4, but also don't want to simply go with first come first serve (but hate rejecting people, sigh).

I suppose, could everyone who is interested choose a race and class and write up a paragraph or two describing their character for me please?  I'll try to sort things out more Friday based on that.  In the meantime, I'll try to write up a bit on the setting and first target.

The Core Rulebook classes and races are fine obviously (though I prefer medium races, not small ones).  The Advanced Player's Guide classes are fine, though the Cavalier may not fit well.  Most of the Advanced Race Guide races are probably fine.  The Magus is probably fine as well.  The Gunslinger, Ninja, and Samurai wouldn't fit though. 

Quote from: VonDoom on August 13, 2014, 04:27:16 AM
A very interesting proposition! While I tend to favor devils over demons because screwing around with specific wordings and iron clad laws and what wasn't said is a lot of fun, nothing really prevents NE characters working for Graz'zt from pretending to be people with integrity who keep their word ... right until the moment they judge the benefit vs. the fallout of going back on it in their favor.

Might I suggest if the lower planes are involved to include a certain measure of Planescape-y things, with the odd planar excursion or two?

I could see going with Mammon or Graz'zt, I ended up going with Graz'zt just because he is more sexual.  It also may give the characters a bit more freedom in how they act.  Does anyone have any preference between the two?

Planar excursions would be possible, though I don't have anything planned in that regard.  Did you have anything specific in mind for those?

Quote from: NicciKotor on August 13, 2014, 10:25:35 AM
Interested! I have found a savage species progression for succubus I like to use with a combo with bard. Super fun to play with and messing with people and dancing my way into orgies.

http://calloftea.com/forum/index.php?topic=2588.0

I'd be limiting content to the PRD.  I have Savage Species somewhere, but there are just too many books and too many editions (of which I'm not sure how to convert them) for me not to set a firm limit.  I'm using the Book of Vile Darkness, but even that mainly as a reference and not for the system stuff as much. 

1651Leviathan

Question: should we pick one character to describe now, or can we throw a couple ideas in and leave it to you to pick which you'd like us to pursue?

NicciKotor

Okay, evil cleric girl it is!

Jibril is a 6th level Cleric of the Order Feyrlum, specializing in the overall goal of world domination through fear and devil worship (Devil and Fire Domains). Having earned her spot at the Temple by murdering her own father at a tender age of five, whom was the previous sword-master for the Temple fighting grounds. Spending her childhood and teenage years honing her divine powers for the forces of kinky devils everywhere, and eventually graduating with top honors after slaying her best friend at the Temple to prove her worth and skill at the divine arts.

With Temple training complete she traveled the land seeking unholy artifacts of devil origins to further her own quest for more power. Eventually leading to be able to gather enough power to summon a powerful devil from the depths of Hell and bind it to her will. In the meanwhile, she goes questing with like minded sociopaths to further her own rise to power and glory.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

EDIT:

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=13718

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Interdiction of words

I concede my place to the next person in line
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Teo Torriatte

There is no line... its not first come first serve. At least I don't think it is.

Anyhoo, here is my idea-

Sszztara Klyzzk was one kobold among many. She had six brothers and seven sisters, and that was just her clutch alone! It was usually very hard for any one dragonkin to stand out among so many of her kind, and usually they used these numbers to their great advantage. The Klyzzk clan was well regarded by those looking for cheap hired muscle that never asked questions and had no qualms murdering obviously nice people. The clan was numerous, and thrived, even if any one individual member was not expected to live too long past maturity.

But Sszztara was special.

From a fairly early age, long before she was old enough to mate, she had exhibited special abilities... more than just the faint traces of their people's draconic heritage. She had traces of their magic as well, and her powers seemed to mature along with the rest of her. It wasn't long before Tara gained a special place in the clan. She was given her own entourage, and chosen for special missions. And it was enough, for a while.

Eventually, however, even the highest status as the clan's champion sorceress felt like too low an honor. She was still growing in power, and the clan could only offer her so much in reward for her talents. One evening, in the dead of night, she slipped away, never to be seen by her family again. Grander adventures awaited her, much nastier villains to work for, much loftier (and shinier!) prizes to obtain.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, some class/race and bit paragraphs then help decide who get green light and who not. I go for the 'warrior' concept here. Go with classic blackguard.

Daimos Blackwill
Race: Human (Focused Study and Silver Tongued traits, plan have noble scion in 1st level and be scion of war specifically)
Class(es): Antipaladin 6
Biography

Daimos comes from a noble family which have centuries held secret demon worship of Grazz'zt. So since his youth he was practiced to art of deception, seduction and dark rituals. But also his naturally physical strong body lend well for martial pursuit so he studied swordcraft (ironically) alongside with knights and paladins of other noble houses in his youth. He became skilled with silver tongue to point making friends amongst those who do not know his true colors.

Since he was anointed he had then traveled, both in helping maintain family's secret illegal businesses. Use his skills at arms and tactics to deal problems besides use his social graces to keep their customers and suppliers in the line. He have sought dark artifacts of power and continued increase his power quietly and patiently, considering his house has entirely filled with demonic worshipers the succession naturally comes by murdering his father who is senior member of house worship and skilled abyssal sorcerer. While his mother serves as priestess of Grazz'zt. If he does not murder his father, his mother takes over then and as she is half-elf she can indeed outlast his aging father unless father finds means to become immortal or extend his lifespan.

But then Grazz'zt mentions a grand conquest mission which needs accomplished and it gives Damien a opportunity to find a own branch in the noble family, a branch which he is in charge with and not needing murder his father nor mother for recognition under Grazz'zt and gain his favor. In addition doing so would increase his personal power without directly challenging his family members. A effort which he is glad to oblige.

VonDoom

My character offering:

This is a repurposed former character that I never got to play properly, so I hope you'll forgive me the writeup length. Rather more than just the two paragraphs asked. If necessary, I can make a TL;DR version.
Also, if the planar origin is problematic, I can probably rewrite it to a far off country without too much trouble.

I can retool him into a Summoner as well, if we end up a bit short on firepower. As a Bard he is very much a 'jack of all trades' 'heroic adventurer'-type. As a Summoner, I'd probably go with Synthesist -- less pieces in play to worry about and less action economy abuse. Also works nicely to 'dress up in evil', so to speak, via a more demonic Eidolon-shape and maintains a strong social component.

I'll use the following image for now, but will browse through my 'for potential character use' collection later and may replace it with a different one. The appearance description doesn't match the manner of dress on the picture right now and I won't adjust it until I've finalized my pic choice.

Character Image

Shirvan, Peri-Blooded Aasimar, Bard 6

Name:      Shirvan
Race:      Aasimar (Peri-Blooded)
Class:      Bard
Alignment:   NE
Hair:      black
Skin:      fair
Eyes:      molten gold

Appearance:
Standing tall at about 5'11' feet, this man has a rather exotic look about him. Chiseled aristocratic features -- a straight, sharp nose, angular cheekbones and strong jawline, all handsomely framed by shoulder-length black hair that contrasts well with his fair complexion -- and his confident poise suggest a man of noble origin. His eyes, an odd sight the color of molten gold, issue a playful challenge to those who meet them, as if he knows some secret that he dares others to find out.

Shirvan's lean build and effortless movements clearly indicate to anyone with an eye for such things that he knows how to handle himself in a fight; the scimitar that rests at the left side of his belt isn't for show, nor does he wear the leather pauldrons and greaves over his red vest with anything but the confidence of a seasoned warrior.

On a closer inspection, the black-haired swordsman appears to be just short of his thirties, though he has evidently mastered the art of etiquette quite well.  He speaks eloquently in his deep, smooth voice, appealing with a bright and attentive look.

His exotic flair is exaggerated by the fact that his speech sometimes slips into fairly odd inflections, when he doesn't pay attention. It's obvious that he isn't a native.

Background:
The tale of Shirvan is one steeped in tragedy, though whether it is his own or that of those who fell prey to his silver tongue is a subject for debate.

On any other world, in any of the many bountiful nations of famed Toril or the vast Golarion, a child born of celestial lineage would be a small wonder, the carrier of a grand destiny and someday, perhaps, a famed hero or prophet. Not so atop the Spire, within the City of Doors. There, even devils and demons grudgingly tolerate each other's existence under the protectorate of the mysterious Lady  of Pain, whose name only passes lips in hushed whispers for fear that her shadow might fall upon them. There, the exotic quickly becomes mundane.

Shirvan's divine parentage is undeniable, though its origins are suspect: his mother was a half-celestial, daughter of a Peri and a mortal, called Sha'van. Though traditionally representing the ideal of good like their kin, the Peri are a race of Celestials descended from Fallen Angels. Their blood sometimes pulls them into the very opposite direction. Conflicted her whole life between these two polar opposites warring inside, Shirvan's mother eventually began to drown her sorrows using an addictive euphoriant -- a drug derived from Slaad eggs. The chaos so introduced into her system quickly helped her get over any lingering doubts; not so the growing dependency and cravings they introduced. Ultimately, Sha'van's life ended short and miserably, the last decade of her existence the life of a drug-addicted prostitute in the Hive, one of the most wretched regions even in the slums of Sigil.

It was there that Shirvan was born. Though the identity of his biological father is unkown, his appearance suggests a human or a sub-species thereof.

As they say: Life's cheap, berk, but nowhere's it cheaper than in the Hive Ward. The man Shirvan recognizes as his 'proper' father was, for all intents and purposes, Sha'van's pimp. A downtrodden human with  Orcish ancestry (a presumption prompted by his prominent lower jaw) called Hammers-Nails or Nails, chosen for his enjoyment of the proverb that  'the nail that sticks out gets hammered down'.

He decided to keep Shirvan around and put him to work after his mother died. Though the number of women in his employ was small, it was still good to have a messenger and spy available. The young Aasimar proved very good at that. He was smart and handsome for a boy and quickly established himself as one of the leaders of the local children; mostly thieves, beggars or messengers themselves. His Celestial blood, however, also meant that he aged slower than most after his initial growth-spurt. At the age of sixteen, he still looked like he was twelve, but by then he had decided that he'd had enough and that he didn't like the glint in old Nail's eyes whenever the man looked at him lately -- a dagger in the gut remedied that and Shirvan was his own man.

A common occurence in the Hive.

Shirvan, for his part, was ready to move on. After a brief stint with the Collectors in Ragpicker's Square that didn't prove very successful, the boy banded together with a group of orphans and started going after local vermin for the reward. The main problem with that was that this particular sort of vermin grew more and more dangerous in large numbers and wasn't particularly pleased when their ranks were being culled. It was dangerous, but at least provided a meager income.

At the age of twenty-five, now looking around fourteen years old, Shirvan lucked into what might well have been the greatest turning point in his life: he found a young half-elven child wandering the Slags, pretty much the worst area in the entire slum. The boy clearly didn't belong there. It turned out he stemmed from the Lady's Ward and had stumbled through a portal by accident. The half-elf was named Calath d'Arnay.

Rather than follow his first impulse and slit the stranger's throat in order to take his belongings, Shirvan decided to do the smart thing and help him find his way back home. The boy's family, the d'Arnays, were overjoyed and Shirvan was rewarded with a position as a live-in servant in the household.

A charming boy, he quickly ingratiated himself with the family. The patriarch of the house was Lorn d'Arnays, a human mage of plenty skill and renown. His elven wife, Marya, was not quite as influential, but stemmed from elven nobility and possessed some arcane skill herself, though she found herself more at home at court and with the classical elven arts.

It was there that Shirvan received a formal education and spent long hours training with the d'Arnays, who became more foster parents than employers; he was essentially growing up at about the same rate as Calath and they quickly established a brother-like relationship, even if Shirvan was mostly playing along so as to keep his new privileges.

Shirvan was more gifted than Calath in many ways and figured that, if he proved his superiority often enough while putting up a good facade, he might supplant him at some point. He didn't really try to do anything malicious to Calath, actually enjoying the company on some level as they began to journey across the Planes, stumbling upon the occasional adventure.

Still, the fact that he hadn't yet usurped Calath' position as the favored son was gnawing at him and, when they both started to vie for the same woman, the situation grew worse. Shirvan had always been very close to his elven foster mother, who he had no doubt would have little qualms leaving the legacy to him, if both her husband and son would meet an unfortunate demise. And he'd have the woman he fancied, too.

Things didn't go quite as well as intended. An attempt to poison both of them failed after Lorn's death, when Calath discovered his malevolent betrayal. Shirvan was forced to flee with nothing but what he had currently on him. He knew of a priced possession of his newly deceased foster father's that might prove his salvation. Preferring the risk to a return to the slums, he broke into the mage's sanctum and stole the powerful Amulet of the Planes located there. He immediately activated its power -- to be whisked away to somewhere, anywhere, that wasn't Sigil.

He didn't expect to appear before a demon lord. As an angel-blooded thoroughly in the grasp of evil, he luckily managed to draw interest and instead of being devoured immediately offered his services in exchange for his continued existence. After all, why not act in such a service and work to become a favored agent? Anyone could become a Demon Lord if they amassed enough power to take charge of an abyssal layer and it seemed as good and grand an ambition as any.

Personality and Psychology:

For a man born poor in the Hive, Shirvan is actually a fairly nice person. He only kills people without remorse if it serves a purpose, rather than if they look at him in a slightly disagreeable manner. Though he would certainly qualify as an 'evil' person by most standards, he doesn't view himself as a bad person per se. Life dealt him a bad hand, what's so wrong about discarding it and getting a new one? It's not like people are actually gone gone after they're dead, he's just shortening a period of their journey to the next plane their karma draws them to.

He's quite happy with the people he has actually killed, such as his foster father. The pimp had not only been the final nail in his mother's coffin, but had put him to work as a messenger in one of the most dangerous areas in the multiverse. Plus, there were those lecherous looks Nails had given him towards the end. Preempting anything he might have done with a generous stabbing was a good thing for everyone involved, really.

Killing his foster father and brother (or trying to, in the latter case) was not a decision made lightly, but one enforced by years of frustration that had slowly built. He believes himself a better son than Calath, in every conceivable way; it wasn't fair that his low birth should stand in the way of that. The shade of pity he had always perceived in both their eyes continually galled him, his rage barely supressed underneath the surface of playing the perfect son.

Rage that reminded him all too much of Hammers-Nails, further exacerbating the issue until he finally decided that killing them was all he had left if he ever wanted to move on. He doesn't regret having killed Lorn, though part of him laments the future that might have been if the man had just been a little less attached to his own flesh and blood.

All this comes to one statement: Shirvan kills without remorse when he feels it necessary, then rationalizes it. He prefers to do it in cold blood in order to feel in control, but his temper sometimes gets away with him. However, it should be noted that he doesn't kill often, nor indiscriminately.  Only when his charm and cunning won't get him what he wants will he stoop to such methods; this serves as both a way to distinguish himself from Nails, as well as to give him a sense of superiority.

Though aware of it to some extent, there is something he won't admit to himself: he has issues with the female gender. Or rather, with applying his rather pragmatic outlook on the continued existence of other people to women. Having never really had a mother figure and then connecting very well with his new foster mother to the point of a slight infatuation, he finds that whenever it would benefit him more to kill a woman than to let her live he makes up excuses.

Beyond his views on killing, Shirvan likes to view himself as an ambitious person with the guts to do what is needed. He's certainly clever, cunning and even brave in the face of danger when he has to be. Now that he had a taste of privilege and power, he desires to regain that sort of position and go beyond it.

He didn't enjoy the confrontation with his foster brother and his forced retreat, preferring by far to appear the dashing hero than the wretched villain. This means that he will generally entertain and project a good image of himself, even if he has to go to depraved lengths behind the curtain to keep wearing that clean vest in public.

As for Planar excursions, the Abyss might be nice to explore a bit if we're in its service.

O&O

Laughing Hyena

Wow. You fall asleep and something like this comes along. Any other spaces? Had an idea for a tie fling.

EDIT: Actually it looks like you are full up by the amount of people before me so good luck to you.

VonDoom

... why do people keep assuming games are first come first serve? It's still absolutely fine to propose a character for Jaded's consideration.

Actually selecting characters and players that seem suitable to the style of game you want to run and that look like they'd mesh well is much preferable to just starting with the first responders, as far as I'm concerned.

O&O

Shjade

Well, I've been convinced to throw my hat in the ring anyway. ;p

Similar to VonDoom, I actually made a character for an evil Pathfinder campaign earlier (Way of the Wicked) but never actually got to use her, so it's more or less a clean slate waiting to go - can easily adapt the idea to a different setting. I'll include her longer (original) backstory below the shorter write up in case you're interested.

Luvata's story isn't a particularly unique one. As she was coming of age the village in which she was raised was completely destroyed, most of its inhabitants killed outright, the reasonably-aged children taken for sale as slaves. She spent just over a decade tracking down each of these sold children to free them from their captors and owners, though as time passed this "freedom" was not always appreciated by the victims in question, and the blood on her hands only increased with the years. The experience erased any faith she may have had in society, in the local government's ability or willingness to protect its people. It was useless; clearly the current law should be replaced by a new one, and its executors with people capable of doing the job.

Luvata is a human in her twenties, initially crafted as a Skirmisher-type Ranger (all that tracking and hunting of men in the wilds) with something of a focus on brutality and a cold approach to the way things are, though I think a Fighter with a little Ranger mixed in might work just as well. It's fair to say she's...not entirely stable; the way she sees the world may not always be the way the world actually is. I'd imagine Graz'zt's offer would have a deeply personal appeal to her: a chance to usurp the current corrupt (in her view) rulers and replace them with ones she saw fit to lead by her standards? It's like the demon lord is practically offering to help her do what she wanted to do already. And if there is no one deserving of replacing the throne once they've taken it? Well then, she might just have to do it herself.

The long version, with picture

From an early age Luvata demonstrated certain personality traits that were worrisome to her parents and the other adults of her village. Children are expected to demonstrate a certain degree of selfishness: they will argue over toys or sweets, fight for a while, reconcile and resume their previous relationship as though nothing has happened. It's the way of things.

Luvata did not follow this cycle in the manner expected of children. She lacked the selfish rage of a child in response to the others wanting her things. Instead she lashed out, sometimes causing real harm, then carried on as though she felt she had done nothing wrong. This was what caused her parents concern.

Being on the eastern coast as it was, Luvata's village was accustomed to trade with the Yutak. One such trader was particularly well-known for his regular visits, able to carry on reasonably intelligible conversations in his broken common. He was something of a family friend by the time Luvata turned five, which was why her parents turned to him with an unusual request: that he take their daughter back to his village with him to raise as his own. After all, if anyone could teach a child generosity and good spirit, who better than the Yutak?

The details of their arrangement are unimportant, save to say that nothing unsavory was mentioned in their dealings.

Life in the Yutak village was not so different from life at home at its foundation. The language barrier was difficult, however. For the first year Luvata hardly understood anyone around her on the best of days and not at all at other times. She was socially isolated in whole. To do much of anything she was forced to reach outside her comfort zone, to ask for help, to be taught, to learn what she could from anyone willing to provide. Fortunately, everyone was. Nothing in the Yutak village was "hers" the way it had been from home, even as a child she understood that much, and it was only through the giving of the villagers that she continued to survive. It was a long, slow, painful process getting her to accept that giving should be a part of taking. And a successful one.

Luvata was fifteen years old when she returned to her home village, rowing her own kayak alongside that of the trader who had so graciously taken her in. She spent days sharing all that she'd learned from the Yutak: how they taught her to weave nets, the way they crossed ice without falling or cracking it underfoot, how they could hide in the snow in seconds and wait without freezing, eagerly unloading anything and everything she could think of. Much of it her parents already knew how to do well enough themselves; they listened with rapt attention anyway, overjoyed at what an energetic, helpful young lady their daughter had become. It was better than they'd ever hoped.

The Yutak trader left during this little family celebration of theirs to let his family know their adopted daughter would be leaving them. Luvata herself left two days later to gather what few possessions she had at the Yutak village, fully intending to return home for good thereafter.

The fog was thick. Though not yet full winter it was close enough for the chill, bits of frost gathering on the fur of her collar as she rowed onward. There were shapes she didn't recognize in the water. Not ice. Definitely not seals. She simply couldn't be sure without hooking one closer to inspect without fog cover, but she had been taught better than to go harpooning the unknown while out alone on the water. That was a good way to end up in the water yourself. She had to keep going without knowing what was gradually clogging more and more of the water along the coast near the Yutak village. Suffice to say she was more than a little surprised by the body pinned to the ground alongside a few smoking umiak hulls on the water.

Through the gray she could still make out the shapes of the village structures, such as they were. Most were collapsed at least in part, some still smoking, others chopped open and sagging. Bodies were hacked apart. She moved toward an ambiguous pile until she was close enough to identify its contents: all the children younger than four. Nothing left in the village still breathed; the only survivors appeared to be middling children, those growing large enough to be used for work but still too young to offer resistance. They were missing.

Luvata did not go back home.

There are a number of dangers to hunting in snowed over territory. Exposure and temperature control, obviously. Low visibility. Fatigue, and so on. Tracking, however, is not one of these. The raiders left a trail wide enough for twenty men, at least, fresh snow still filling in their heavy prints. Every few hours two or three would break away from the main group, scouting for more targets perhaps, then reunite an hour or so later. When she had caught up enough that she estimated she was only twenty minutes behind the trailmakers Luvata followed one of those deviations. Three men in hardened leather, griping to one another about the cold, weapons strapped to their bodies seemingly at random. Luvata had never seen outlaws such as these before; she had no real point of reference for cause to fear them. With their heavy stride crushing the snow underfoot and their own complaints coloring the air around them the men never heard her rush toward them out of the fog.

Afterward her arms were numb. She could tell from the way her glove was ill-shaped she had broken something in her hand but there was no pain. The cold was holding it off, the cold and shock. There was no way she could chase down the rest of the group like this, much less kill them. She had to be patient. That was fine. She had been well taught how to hunt; she could bide her time if it was necessary. The hunt would go as long as it needed to go.

Twelve years. Twelve years before she finally tracked down the last of the lost children. Their captors had been easy enough to locate and destroy, but not until long after the children had been sold off to various buyers. She'd found them in mines and on ships, in noble houses and slum brothels, all of them passed around like so many dolls for the fun of their new owners.

The last was a house slave in Ghastenhall, made to do the cooking and cleaning of his keepers. When he returned from an assigned errand to find Luvata there, newly finished in completing his freedom from this life-long burden, the boy - a man now in truth, sixteen, seventeen - was speechless, utterly at a loss for words while he came to terms with the enormity this change meant for the rest of his life, his future once again his own at last.

When he finally found his voice again, he said, "What have you done?"

"I came for you," she'd told him. "I've set you free."

"You -- She was only six!"

She did not hold the condemnation in his voice against him. She understood; he simply couldn't comprehend what had happened yet. She let him peel the body away from her sticky hands to let his confused joy escape him in weeping above the girl's head. Luvata rest her hand upon him, red streaks left behind in his hair clinging together in clumps, then turned and walked outside. Her task, the one that had been the focus of her life for nearly half its length, was over.

No doubt the commotion was the reason for such a large group of soldiers waiting outside upon her emergence, arms wet and red to the elbows. She had always kept things quiet before, but not that day, not so close to the end of her mission. It didn't matter. Surely they would understand what had taken place that day, why she had had to do what she had done.

They did not.

No. No, they wouldn't, would they? After all, she'd only been forced into this line of action because of them, because of their inaction. If they had done what they were supposed to do, what was expected of them, these vile creatures would never have been so successful in their pillaging. These soldiers, these artifacts of protective law, they hadn't simply failed in their duties. They hadn't even tried. Not once had she ever seen another in pursuit of her prey as she tracked them down; they were as good as innocent in the eyes of this corrupt system Albion called their law. Where had they been when they were needed? Who were they to judge her now for picking up their slack?

"Where were you, you bastards?"

In the end there was only so much she could hope to accomplish against armored soldiers. She fled. Not far outside the city they caught up with her again and brought her down. She had learned many things, grown strong and fast over the years; she could outrun armored men on foot with ease.

But not on their horses.

◕/◕'s

VonDoom

Ah, that reminds me, since it may be relevant and wasn't noted in his psychology due to his original appearance being in a non-adult game:
Shirvan is heterosexual, but with an 'I'll do anything for power' bisexual option, naturally dominant and fairly promiscuous. He only takes women who stand up to him seriously and considers those who don't as toys to be manipulated -- though he still has the hangups about killing mentioned in his psychology entry, of course.

O&O

Jaded

I haven't had a chance to go over the characters yet (only on for a few minutes) but will read them over some time tomorrow.  If anyone else is interested, please get them in before then.  I will try to post up some more information on the setting and all that I typed up later tonight.  The overall world is fairly generic, and not any specific setting, so feel free to make things up if desired.  The specific kingdom the game will be focused on is (because I am terribly original) known as the Divine Kingdom and ruled over by an old and not overly effective Aasimar. A man better on the battlefield than as a King.  However, the first focus will be a bridge/town controlled by a Baroness in the north. 

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on August 13, 2014, 07:58:05 PM
Question: should we pick one character to describe now, or can we throw a couple ideas in and leave it to you to pick which you'd like us to pursue?

I'd prefer one character.

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on August 14, 2014, 06:13:03 AM
Wow. You fall asleep and something like this comes along. Any other spaces? Had an idea for a tie fling.

EDIT: Actually it looks like you are full up by the amount of people before me so good luck to you.

I am giving people until tomorrow to submit characters, though will only be accepting 4 sadly.  I can't guarantee a slot.  But you are welcome to submit one if you'd like and can get it in before then. 

Jaded

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=211261.0

It is still very much a work in progress (as I wrote it on very little sleep), and definitely needs to be proofread and expanded.  But it is a start at least.  It is very brief, especially on the kingdom itself.  Areas beyond the kingdom are largely unmentioned, though it would border other kingdoms and simimlar. 

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.  As well as anything that people think I should add. 

I'll glance at the characters tomorrow (so still a little time for people to get ones in), thanks for your interest everyone :-)

Shjade

Just wondering, these rumors under the NPCs, these are things it's assumed the characters have already heard (regardless of whether or not they're true), or things we'd find out after asking around in town at some point?

Other than that, seems like a fair position to start things off. Sounds like there are at least a few options for what could possibly be exploited to change the power structure of Willowfield to support future efforts farther south...
◕/◕'s

1651Leviathan

Here's my entry! It's going for the arcane slot. Apologies for not having a picture; I haven't found one I like yet. As well, I tried to leave the backstory vague enough to potentially be linked with the details of the campaign should I be accepted.

Kargash Bloodfury
Half-Orc Sorcerer

Appearance

Stormy, violent eyes flash with anger on Kargash's face, a deep crimson in colour. Around these, the half-orc's face is jagged and powerful, as if cut from stone with an axe. His thick, prominent jawline and brow-ridge attest to his orcish heritage, as does his green-brown skin. Tribal tattoos adorn his face, sharp, slashing patterns of black ink on hard green flesh.  Long black hair flows freely down the man's back and shoulders, dark and untamed. When he grins, a pair of sharp tusks are visible; the look is simultaneously bestial and also cunning.

Kargash's body displays his heritage as well. He's all thick, corded muscles, bulky and hard. Across his broad chest runs a lattice of tattoos, a mixture of blacks and deep reds, depicting a pair of heavily-stylized dragons, their long necks and heads curling up across his pectorals. Over this, the orc wears a long black robe, sleeveless, and parted in the middle to reveal his chest. It's a leathery garment, more functional than ornamental, but it's adorned with strings of necklaces holding up claws, teeth, gems, and other talismans and trophies for the man.

He carries himself with an arrogant, domineering stance, arms folded across his chest, jutting jaw held high. He's the son of a chieftain, blessed by the orcs' dark gods with their destructive magics, and it shows.

History

High in remote mountains of the Celestial Kingdom, Kargash was born. Here dwelt a clan of demon-worshipping orcs, more violent and depraved even than most of their own kind. In the dark of the night, they would descend from their peaks to ravage the countryside. Their chieftain, a one-eyed orc in his prime, took a human woman from one of the villages, and, as the climax of a lavish ceremony of chanting and sacrifices, raped her on the alter to the demon Lord Graz'zt.  The nameless woman died giving birth to her half-breed son, but the half-orc's father named him as a blessing from Graz'zt. Indeed, whether coincidence or the work of dark machinations, the young Kargash soon displayed innate magical aptitude. He was brought up by the tribe's shamans and by his father, becoming cruel and arrogant, but also brash and headstrong. He prefers to blast his way to power than subtlety, but he is not beyond such 'low' methods when the prize is great.