Seeking Rp! [Historical, Realisitc, Possible oWoD elements]

Started by Dahling, October 06, 2010, 06:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dahling

-Takes a deep breath, squares her shoulders and prepares to stick her neck out, as...asking makes her far too nervous.-

Hullo!

I was wondering if perhaps someone might be interested in writing for a spell.  I'm not entirely sure how this works and by no means limited, so if you'd like to do something beyond what's described, please be sure to let me know.

Era: Victorian or Regency, somewhere there abouts.
Type: Historical fiction
Fantasy: oWoD only, or at least if supernaturals are involved, they still live beneath the guise of being human to better avoid the pitchfork committee.
Duration: Through out the approval process (Should I meet it's end) and potentially beyond.
Post Length: One to two para, at least.
Limited: None.  If one person, or even several are interested I'd be more than happy to weave a tale with any involved. Male, female, it doesn't matter. <3

And, I realize I've not outlined plot.  That's..because I'd like to come up with that part at least, with the company of someone else, so's to craft something that's enjoyable to both.  And of course, it will have to abide by the PG-13 ruling for this board.

Here's hoping to here for you!
-D

Yotna

Don't worry. I'm just here collecting souls...

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

Hi Yota!

Did you have something in mind to play, when your interest was sparked, or something you'd like to see done but haven't tried?  What aspect appeals to you, because I'd love to work something out with ya. ^^

Kendra

Dahling, I'm a sucker for Victorian / Regency stuff so I'd be very interested. Can roleplay as either male or female, though latter is my preferance.
:)

Dahling

Quote from: Kendra on October 07, 2010, 02:15:05 AM
Dahling, I'm a sucker for Victorian / Regency stuff so I'd be very interested. Can roleplay as either male or female, though latter is my preferance.

I've...had...time.  I always have time so that..doesn't surprise me anyway, but this is going somewhere.  With the time that I have had, I've put together a little something about Dah, who I'm pulling out for play again.  So, I'll put it up here and help see what we can turn about for plot?  Male of female, doesn't really matter to me.  Just whatever you'd have the most fun with. <3

So....here's Dahling, in a nutshell.

~Mahogany curls~
~Blue eyes~
~Five foot, three~
~Likes cats~
~Collects hats~
~Hates her name~
~Unhappily married~

The Wonderful World of...
Dahling Litton

Litton Manor, was tucked neatly away in the Mayfair District, a sprawling house that stood two stories high, painted the darkest blue you’ve ever seen with white shutters. It made her eyes ache. Dahling hated her home. Oh, don’t get her wrong she preserved it; the maids stayed in functioning order though their loyalties lay mostly with Norman for reasons that she truly didn’t want to fathom. But, in a nutshell over the past few years, she had grown to truly loath her home. That didn’t mean she set out to destroy it…just…make it unlivable.

Over the past few months, the place had gone through several changes. For instance, the drawing room was now the color of an olive. Not the soft somber shade of an olive, no; it was the sickly green bordering on a pukey yellow and the border for it…was pruce. Not purple, or lavender, or even to salvage the olive, a Merlot shade. No, it was pruce, a shade of purple that made one think of prunes and old wisened aunts who only visit when someone’s about to die. It was one of her most favorite rooms in the house. Not…because of the colors, her taste really isn’t that atrocious but because of the expressions on the faces of their guests when they received tea in such a place and she’d sit there just raving on and on about the color and how kind it was of her ‘noble’ husband to allow her to redecorate it.

Many of their friends now thought she was a loon.

The dining room, as a different affair; a woman’s dream so long as that woman wasn’t Dahling and had no sense of taste whatsoever. The walls were passion pink, and whoever decided that was a color must have been a man. Passion pink. Hmph, it reminded her of a womans… Well anyway, the walls were pink, the Persian rug was pink with white inlay and the border on the room, in fact all the edging on the long sprawling oaken table, were a shining eye catching Gold. And upon every flat surface available there sat vase upon vase of white daisies. The daisies were the only thing about the room that Dahling liked, well, that and watching her husband attempt to suffer through dinner in it, not that he came home often enough to have to worry about such a thing; but the bright walls did go a long ways towards making him look even more sallow than he was.

She’d spent at least three times her weight in gold thus far and still –still- the man had done no more than grunt at her efforts, and remark that it wasn’t he she was embarrassing but herself. She’d given him a blank airy expression that tended to make people think she was more ensconced in the land of the fae than of reality and spoken of putting in a small goldfish pond in the library.

He hadn’t come home the next night.

When she decorated his office, he hadn’t come home for two weeks and she’d heard it from Millie, a first floor maid that he’d fair coughed his lungs out when he’d discovered what she’d done. Gone were the burgundy walls that made the room dark and mature, the stained trim that accented it in masculine gesture. In their places, were buttercup yellow, and daisies hand painted on the trim. Dahling liked daisies. She didn’t like the angels though, those smiling rosy cheeked cherubs who perched in statuette on his table, or stood tall and proud in the corners of the room. Their beady little eyes just seemed to follow you wherever you went and you got the feeling, or at least she did; that for all their angelic appearances, they were demons beneath.

The library, was a dark and dreary place as most books should be probably, but she’d gone so far as to have the windows bolted shut along with their shutters, painted the panes black and so were the walls, and the ceiling, and that poor beautiful hardwood floor. There was one tall gothic candelabra in the center of the long table, and it didn’t help you see a thing. Dahling didn’t spend much time in there herself.

She was making plans to do the game room next, and the ball room; but the week before Norman had received a letter from his solicitor in regards to some of the hefty bills that’d been drawn up in his name. She wanted a bigger allowance. All of it lead towards some serious examination for the books; it didn’t help that she’d purposely written down those for the household accounts wrong. He didn’t have to love her; that was fine. She only wanted him to let her go.

Kendra

Sounds peachy ;)
Am leaning towards a female and a ladies maid, a new servant for the house but more specifically for Dahling.
If this is okay then wink or nod and I'll do up a description of her for you.

Dahling

-plots trouble, gossip and espionage, mwahahahaha.-

:: Wink wink, nudge nu..oh you said nod. <.< ::

Kendra

oh wink and nudge me all you want my dear ;)

Prudence O'Malley

A beautiful red haired young woman whose family had always been comfortably off until her father died. The estate of course went to Prudence's older brother while herself and her two sisters had to make do with a meagre allowance. This she saves while applying for a job but any position as a governess gets refused and the only alternative left for her besides marraige to someone she does not love, is to apply for a position as a ladies maid.

hair - red hair long and curly, thick and vibrant
Skin - fair with a spattering of freckles
Height - 5' 6"
Body shape - slender with womanly curves (in no way volumptuous)
Eyes - light green

Yotna

Quote from: Dahling on October 06, 2010, 07:23:10 PM
Hi Yota!

Did you have something in mind to play, when your interest was sparked, or something you'd like to see done but haven't tried?  What aspect appeals to you, because I'd love to work something out with ya. ^^

Well... It is the Victorian thing that gets me. I write pastiches of Sherlock Holmes as a hobby - Ned Holmes - Sherlock's ne'er do well cousin who sorts out all the seedy stuff that Holmes is far above. So intrigue, daring do and the soft underbelly of London all appeal.

How does a footman with an inquisitive nature sound? I think that would fit into your scenario...

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

Mwahahaha.  She sounds adorable Kendra.  And it'll be nice to see someone on the staff who doesn't think Dah's out of her head yet.  They can get into all sorts of mischief together!

And a footmen would fit just fine, Yotna, or even Ned, that you were talking about.  It doesn't have to be someone within the household itself; it could be easily be someone looking into Norman's more questionable affairs, or someone looking into Dah herself, whatever sounds like fun to you!  I can write anything in.

In the meantime, I'll see about working up a post to get us started, see about setting some mystery afoot.  Maybe some recent party that had something gone missing, so all those associated with it are called into question, something to make Norman when he hears about it a little twitchy and nervous about his books. xD

Yotna

Hi Dahling,

Ned it is then, as there is the advantage that I know Ned really well.

Ned is a fine upstanding (no pun intended) gentleman who in all honesty gets dragged into things that dismay him. He would love to be looking into espionage for the King of Prussia, but Sherlock gets all those jobs. Instead of which he end up looking through keyholes and being dreadfully shocked!

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

Aww.  He sounds like the sort of character you could have a lot of fun with though!  Would you mind, very much in the post that I'm working on if he were hired already, or would you prefer to go through him being sent for and play through the harrowing conversation with fruffy nobs on just what the problem is?

Yotna

No problem with him being hired already - perhaps keep his mission 'under wraps' (whatever you decide it is). Or indeed doing the harrowing conversation. Ned can be very understanding old girl. Just as long as he can keep a stiff upper lip. I leave it with you and I will just play along...

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

Sounds great to me, Yotna.  And, I've started the thread; leaving it open for you to pick up and go with as you wish.  I look forward to seeing what develops!  And leme know, if you've got any questions. <3

Thread can be found here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=84978.0

Yotna

Hi Dahling,

Posted my reply, I have set the scene and departed for the house in Mayfair. Over to you for the arrival of Holmes and his reception by Cedric (including the fact that he's not exactly who is expected).

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

I saw!  And it's fantastic!  I hope you didn't mind that little twist, I thought it was something we could have fun with.   And thank you, again for writing with me. ^^

Kendra

woot!! brilliant this is underway and everything then ;)
I hope I get a chance to reply to it tonight *facepalm*
massively time limited :(
but will try

Yotna

Quote from: Kendra on October 07, 2010, 03:36:47 PM
woot!! brilliant this is underway and everything then ;)
I hope I get a chance to reply to it tonight *facepalm*
massively time limited :(
but will try

I will wait for you, m'dear - it makes a bit more sense if the three of us are involved from the beginning... Holmes twirls his wax moustache and lifts an eyebrow.

Yotna's Bible

Kendra

You're amazing and thank you guys for being so patient... hope I delivered okay ;)

Yotna

Ned is now ensconced in Sir Cedric den... Looks to be warming up - well done on the post Kendra, and great scenario Dahling.

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

Loved your post, Kendra, I just...owe you an apology apparently.  Cedric and Daph Dawkins are the family responsible for hosting the party from the night before, in which Dahling Litton was attendance.  What I've tried to build happening is two separate scenes in the same thread.  One, in which Ned is being hired, and across town, where Pure and Dahling are.  I started with Ned's first so that he'd have a reason for going round and showing up at the Litton residence after Cedric's given him the names of those who were in attendance to question about seeing anything strange.  That way, everything gets blended together seemlessly and we've all got a plot to work towards.

So in the interest of keeping things smooth and flowing, I'm going to pretend that it'd listed the Littons, Norman and Dahling as her employers instead.  (I do hope you don't mind and I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear, to begin with.  >.<)  Wonderful posting though, on everyone's count.

Kendra

oh no!! massive facepalm moment  :-[
I am sooo sorry, it was really late when I read through everything to post, I would edit but can't find an edit or modify button to do so.
Will pay closer attention ;)

Yotna

Quote from: Kendra on October 08, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
oh no!! massive facepalm moment  :-[
I am sooo sorry, it was really late when I read through everything to post, I would edit but can't find an edit or modify button to do so.
Will pay closer attention ;)

Hey Kendra, don't worry it caught me out too - I had written a passage about the poor décor of Cedric's house and was just about to post it when I thought , hang on 'er name was Litton, not Dawkins. Hope the cold is better. Be back to do my bit in a while. RL has me delivering a fridge-freezer to my sons flat.

As Holmes's stalwart retainer (one Brighton Hove (a replacement for Dr Watson)) would say - "I'll be jiggered!"

Yotna's Bible

Yotna

Sorry for the delay - busy day yesterday - filled with moving things and assembling flat-pack furniture - lucky me!

I have posted my latest bit and introduced an NPC that I will run Brighton Hove gives me the opportunity to 'know' things that Holmes has not directly RP'ed and every detective needs his sidekick. Brighton will only ever be referred in passing he is a device (he can also make up for any sleights of hand I make.

Hope you enjoy have a good weekend.

Yotna's Bible

Dahling

WooT!

Delightful posts, both of you.  I'd put a response up now, but I wouldn't have time to finish anything of decency before I have to turn around and leave for work. So I'll try to get one up this evening and if not then, certainly tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to introducing Norman Litton and his shadey character.  Nothing that there'd been in the rumor/gossip mill just yet, because he plays it very close to his sleeve. Lol! 

Anywhom, I'll catch you both later.  -leaves a plate of cookies and skidaddles-