My roleplaying ideas.

Started by Ptolemy, June 10, 2009, 03:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptolemy

Ptolemy's roleplaying ideas.

Historical ideas:

These are some of the periods I like and know best.

- Classical antiquity (Romans, Greeks, Persians.)

- Early Middle Ages (Anglo-Saxons, Franks, Muslim invasions)

- Early modern times (The colonization of the New World, the birth of Nationalism.)

- World War 2

Fantasy and sci-fi:

- Lord of the Rings, the Silmarllion and the rest of the Legandarium. I am quite versed in all of them.

- The Warcraft Universe. I love it. It's funny, cartoony, but quite dark at times.

- Warhammer 40k. Who dosen't like big, BIG robots and pew pew things everywhere?

Specific ideas:

- A Waffen-SS commisioned officer finds a well-educated Jewish girl while being deployed to the Eastern Front. He saves her from being sent to a labour camp, and takes her to the front, hiding her true identity, and insisting she is actually German, and an operator at the HQ company. He takes her on a rough ride, and both learn from each other, and both slowly fall in love with each other.  It would be a story of both redemption and realization, and also of great sacrifice, from both of them,  that makes both of them think, maybe they aren't really that different?

- The Normans are coming! The Normans are coming! Run for the hills! A Norman nobleman, in the great invasion of Ingland, takes a Inglis woman as bounty, and tries to establish his place in the country. A story of court intrigue and the great injustices of medieval society.

- The SHTF. In other words, ZOMBIES! GAH! Lock your doors! Damn it, lock your doors! How will these co-workers/classmates/-DIY- work together and survive, and is there time for romance in this post-apocalyptic hellhole?

playfullchick76

Id be interested in the waffen SS one, if you havnt had any other takers for it yet.

Ptolemy

Going to try and revive this, as my ideas still stand. :D

MercyfulFate

Zombies and Lord of the Rings? Awesome!

playfullchick76

I like any idea where im sent back in time to greek, roman, even viking times. Kidnapped in my own time and hidden in the past by my captors, only they dont count on a viking or norman raid on the town where im being held. I could be taken from there as bounty by your norman character.

i have plenty of ww2 ones as well, including your waffen ss one.Also, i love zombie roleplays, and like that one a lot as  well.

MasterMischief

It is 792 and those heathen Saxons are at it again.  Charlemagne dispatches troops to quell the rebellion and Christianize Saxonia.

I have my mail and spear.  Where do I sign up?

Ptolemy

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 17, 2009, 10:03:53 PM
It is 792 and those heathen Saxons are at it again.  Charlemagne dispatches troops to quell the rebellion and Christianize Saxonia.

I have my mail and spear.  Where do I sign up?

Perhaps, we can make it a group roleplay? Include one or two female participants? Unless, of course, you want it to be M/M. If so, I must decline.

playfullchick76

I have a ww2 idea that you may like, one where im an F-22 Raptor pilot, with a carrier task group near the Hawiian islands for an exercise.Fully loaded, i'm ovehead and caught in a strange storm.

Once I emerge, I find that instead of being in the year 2010, ive somehow been transported back to the year 1941, December 7, just before the first wave of japanese planes attack.

MasterMischief

Quote from: Ptolemy on October 18, 2009, 02:46:03 AM
Perhaps, we can make it a group roleplay? Include one or two female participants?

That sounds good.

Ptolemy

Quote from: MasterMischief on October 18, 2009, 10:16:40 AM
That sounds good.

Two Frankish knights (Brothers? Friends?) skirmishing in to Saxony. Pillaging and looting, trying to get some of that booty. Perhaps, you can make the thread about this idea in the 'Looking For Group Roleplay' section of the forums, or should I?