[Exalted 2e] Something Something Realm

Started by ShadowFox89, April 22, 2012, 02:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Well, the Night caste could probably work as long as s/he focuses attention on the other houses.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I could see it working if we were all part of Tepet one way or another.  She'd want to elevate the weakest house in order to make it easiest to destroy them all.  When the time came, though, she'd try to stop everything in order to make things safe for the Solars.

I could easily see her being mistaken for a lost egg, especially if she had a Sidereal mentor cast Disguise of the New Face to conceal her anima.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

No better way to make the Blessed Isle safe for Solars than to be crowned the new Empress :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed ;). Solar crowned as new empress while having anima disguised and have heartstone which allows mimic elemental powers of DB caste which you choosed mimic works. I think it is 3 dot heartstone to mimic fire aspect anima effect (immunity to fire and do fire dmg in close radius). So would not be far fetch get heartstone for earth, wind, water or wood.

Anyways start working the char this weekend, last week was quite spiral ride school wise.

AndyZ

Been trying to work on this today but nothing seems to be meshing together for any decent character concepts.  Sorry.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

fallensaviour

I will probably have to bow out since I don't have my books anymore

ShadowFox89

>.<

Doesn't seem like this idea is going to take off at all.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chajesdad

Dark Oak Bodhisattva is almost ready for discussion, Wood Aspect Immaculate, of Cynis married into Tepet. I really hope this has a prayer, I like the build up.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Well, if anything, I'll run it for the few that are able to get a character done.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Im working on a wood aspect member of House V'neef at this very moment i should be finished some time today.

Zaer Darkwail

I have pretty much all done but it's about to type it neatly my usual fashion what is the pain in the ass to do. I would sell myself a easy and neat online exalted charsheet which asks no money any kind to form account for or ask weird program downloads.

ShadowFox89

Name(s):
Caste:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Skin:
Languages:

Motivation:

Intimacies:

Essence:
Personal:
Peripheral:
Overdrive:

Willpower:
Compassion:
Conviction:
Temperance:
Valor:

Health Levels;
~0 x 1
~1 x 2
~2 x 2
~4 x 1
~Inc x 1
~Dying x 3

Strength:
Dexterity:
Stamina:

Charisma:
Manipulation:
Appearance:

Perception:
Intelligence:
Wits:

Abilities:

Charms;

Backgrounds;

Calculations;

Bashing soak -
Lethal soak -
Hardness -
Dodge DV -
Join Combat -
Move/Dash -
Dodge MDV -

Attacks:

BP Spending:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Thank you Shadow :). I start work on it.

Chajesdad

Do we have a list of approved or disapproved merits and flaws?

ShadowFox89

No merits or flaws, I'm not even going to bother looking at them. As said in the OP, we'll be doing BP rather than XP, making taking flaws for anything except fluff unnecessary.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my char. Shadowfox got my background in PM so if your wondering his 'real' full name it is secret for now :P. Anyways I need suggestions for my manses. Considering Tepet legion members got killed and heartstones cracked when attunements were broken on purpose so anathema could not use them it left house Tepet lots of manses linger around. So they gave to Comet (kind of rising star in house) access to one their best manses (second only to ones which elders have) and access to one 3 dot manse and one 1 dot (or two 2 dot manses). So I am up on ears for any good heartstones which would benefit a DB general. I think his 4 dot heartstone is the seven leaping dragon (a kind of essence reinforced/magical dojo/castle which doubles as Comet's home/residence). So open ears for the rest heartstones.

Name(s): Tepet Comet (full real name; Sesus Comet of Arjuf of house Tepet)
Concept: A mysterious Lost Egg with unsurpassed pure bloodline adopted to house Tepet at age of 13 (after fall of legions) and top graduate from House of Bells, renown for being good MA duelist
Caste: Fire Aspect
Height: 5'8'ft
Weight: 180lb
Appearance
Anima
Languages: Riverspeak (native), High Realm, Low Realm, Old Realm

Motivation: To become great Dynast general who protects both Realm and neighboring nations from dangerous threats, seek to protect and not abuse.

Intimacies: Tepet Vaneran (deep respect), House Tepet (gratitude), Dragon-Blood Dynasts (cautious paranoia), Thousand Scales (respect), Sesus (wonder/longing), Mnemon (fearful respect), Immaculate Teachings (doubt)

Essence: 2
Personal: 13/13
Peripheral: 23/10
Commited: 13
Overdrive:

Willpower: 6
Compassion: 3
Conviction: 2
Temperance: 2
Valor: 3

Health Levels
~0 []
~1 [][]
~2 [][]
~4 []
~Inc []
~Dying [][][]

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 4
Stamina: 3

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 1
Appearance: 5

Perception: 2
Intelligence: 2
Wits: 3

Abilities

Air
() Linquistics 3
() Stealth
(F) Lore 2
() Occult 1
() Thrown

Earth
() Awareness 2
() Craft:Water 1
() Integrity 2
() Resistance 1
(F) War 3

Fire
(F) Athletics 1
(F) Dodge 3
(F) Melee 3
(F) Presence 3
(F) Socialize 2

Water
() Bureucracy
() Investigation
() Larceny
(F) Martial Arts 5
() Sail

Wood
() Archery 1
() Medicine
() Performance 1
() Ride 1
() Survival 1

Specialities: Wine making (Craft:Water)2, Form Focus (Martial Arts)2

Charms

War
Second excelency, 2m/1 sux

Martial Arts
First excelency, 1m/2 dice
Five-Dragon Claw, 1m (unarmed lethal, ignore hardness)
Five-Dragon Force Blow, 2m (2xraw dmg/no sux counted, knockdown)
Five-Dragon Fortitude, 1m per 2B or 1L soaks
Five-Dragon Blocking Technique, 4m, 1wp (scene) (1/2 essence = PDV, can parry lethal)
Five-Dragon Form, 5m (Form) (bashing=lethal soak, unarmed dmg=lethal, form weapons=+1 Acc, essence + Str/Dex stuff)

Backgrounds
Breeding 5 [distant secret relative of emperor by dozen generations, closely connected to empress through Sesus being mother]
Destiny 5 [Something big and epic upon ST's planning]
Artifact 3 [green jade direlance, red jade superheavy plate, red jade pendant/heartstone amulet (background related)]
Manse 3 [ideas?]
Resources 2 [house Tepet stipend for Comet atm]

Calculations

Bashing soak 18
Lethal soak 16
Hardness 10/10
Special: Subract -2 dice from environment hazard dmg
Dodge DV 3
Parry DV 5 (with direlance)
Join Combat 5
Move/Dash 2/8
Dodge MDV 5

Attacks
Unarmed Fist
Speed 4, Accuracy +10, Damage +3B, Defense +10, Rate 3, Tags: N
Unarmed Kick
Speed 4, Accuracy +9, Damage +6B, Defense +9, Rate 2, Tags: N
Clinch
Speed 5, Accuracy +9, Damage +3B, Defense --, Rate 1, Tags: C, N, P
Harvester of Crimson Fields(direlance)
Speed 3, Accuracy +11, Damage +12L/2, Defense +11, Rate 2, Tags: 2, L, O, R, Th

BP Spending
2-Increase Ability: Martial Arts 2 dots
14-Increase Background: Breeding 2 dots, Resources 2 dots, Destiny 2 dots
1-Increase Virtue: Valor 1 dot
1-Increase Willpower: 1 dots

AndyZ

Name(s): Aya
Caste: Night
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lb.
Hair: Blue
Eyes: Blue
Skin: White
Languages: High Realm, Low Realm, Old Realm

Motivation: Ensure the safety of Solars from the Wyld Hunt

Intimacies: Solars (trust and respect), Rising Petals (trust and respect), House Tepet (ally unless they prove unwilling to aid the Solars in the end), Houses allied with Tepet (ally unless they prove unwilling to aid the Solars in the end), Immaculate Monks (untrustworthy but can be allies on a leash), Lunars (trust and respect),

Essence: 2
Personal: 15
Peripheral: 34 (16 committed, 18 uncommitted)
Overdrive:

Willpower: 9
Compassion: 2
Conviction: 5
Temperance: 2
Valor: 2

Health Levels;
~0 x 1
~1 x 2
~2 x 2
~4 x 1
~Inc x 1
~Dying x 2

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 2
Manipulation: 2
Appearance: 3 without gem, 7 with gem

Perception: 4
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 4

Abilities:
Athletics* 1, Awareness* 5, Dodge* 1, Integrity* 1, Investigation 2, Larceny* 1, Linguistics 2, Lore 1, Occult 1, Performance 1, Presence* 1, Resistance* 1, Socialize* 1, Stealth* 5 (In Cities +3), Thrown* 5 (Boomerangs +3)

Charms;

2nd Thrown, Diving Sparrow Technique (Thrown variant of Hungry Tiger Technique), 2nd Investigation, Judge's Ear Technique, Graceful Crane Stance, Monkey Leap Technique, 2nd Awareness, Keen Sight Technique, Keen Hearing and Touch Technique, 2nd Stealth, Easily Overlooked Presence Method, Mental Invisibility Technique, Whirling Brush Method

Backgrounds;

Jade Sky Cutter 2, Jade Hearthstone Bracers 2, Stone of Inhuman Beauty 4, Mentor 2 (Rising Petals), Resources 3

Exceptional Chain Shirt - Bashing +2, Lethal +4, Mobility -0, Fatigue 0
Exceptional Lockpicking Tools
Sleep Grenades (A decent number)
Coral Snake Venom (Lots of it)

Calculations;

Bashing soak - 2 without chain shirt, 4 with chain shirt
Lethal soak - 1 without chain shirt, 5 with chain shirt
Hardness - 0
Dodge DV - 6
Join Combat - 9
Move/Dash - 5/11
Dodge MDV - 6

Attacks:

Sky Cutter - Speed 3, Accuracy 14, Damage +7L/3, Rate 2, Range 60

BP Spending: Abilities 1, Backgrounds 5, Charms 9, Virtues 2, Willpower 4, Specialties 1

Aya has lived upon the Blessed Isle for most of her life, struggling to survive, staying out of the way of the Dynasts and dealing with existence as best she could.  Occasionally, she'd end up getting "chosen" by people within the criminal underworld, getting paid just enough to perform certain tasks.  Often, it was simply to trail people, but sometimes she'd have to spill a drink, pick a pocket or little things.  She never even knew who was making her do these things, simply that if she wanted to make it through, she didn't have any choice.

Only one person ever really stood up for her.  Rising Petals, one of the Dynasts but much kinder, showed up on more than one occasion in order to help her out.  Friends weren't a luxury that she could afford, not when limited resources meant that everyone had to fight over food, but she wanted Rising Petals to be a friend.  Even when Rising Petals wanted something from Aya, it was never a trick, and Rising Petals  knew enough about the places in order to make the jobs easy.

Maybe that's why she lashed out.  She hadn't meant to do anything, but when she and Rising Petals were alone planning out how to stop some of the pirates who had come up on shore, one of the other Dynasts burst in.  He was drunk, he was upset with Rising Petals about something or other, and wasn't going to take no for an answer.

Aya was used to being used.  Had he grabbed her, she would have simply gone placid and waited for it to end.  Some of them were even kind.  Some showed her pleasure to mask the terror, but most didn't.  It was such a foolish action, trying to stand up for her only friend, but what else could she do?

She had a small boomerang, only really used to knock the apples off of trees during Wood Season.  It was crazy, but she hadn't really thought.  She just didn't want to live in a world where her one and only friend could be so easily taken from her.  Rising Petals only appeared once a month or so, but Aya found herself craving those times, waiting to be truly understood and accepted, instead of just used.

The boomerang took on a strange, golden glow as sheer power flowed through her, burying completely through the man's neck and nearly removing his head.  Her first thought was understanding what it was, trying to fight, to suppress the idea before she became Anathema, and she closed her eyes to strain herself to fight.  As the memories came back, though, the flood of surprise and amazement, she was able to suppress her power but couldn't help but revel as a newfound Solar.

Rising Petals' smile seemed to suggest that she knew all along.  Although she now knows that Rising Petals is no mere Dynast, she doesn't really know what and doesn't feel it right to ask.  She simply knows that everything is wrong, that the Immaculates developed their dogma in order to fully betray the Solars, and she has to find a way to fix everything.

Now, she hides as a Lost Egg.  Rising Petals has set her up with a few jade artifacts and a stone which makes Aya look stunningly beautiful, as well as a spell to help convince everyone that she was blessed by Mela.

Her trust has to be earned, and now she's even less likely to grant it, knowing that not only her life but her mission is at stake should she fail to keep her secret.  That was alright: she had memories of far worse times under incalculable odds, and would never let herself give up.  Becoming Empress herself didn't hold the allure that others felt because it presented too easy a target, but if she couldn't find another way to ensure the safety of the Solars, it was one possible option.

She was still afraid, but now at least her existence wasn't meaningless.

Marie Reynolds

I hate to announce this but I am having character concept Attention Defict Disorder so i will be withdrawing to not hold things up.

ShadowFox89

Alright Marie.

Hopefully, the others don't suffer the same problem :-\
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

No problem with me but I had do some major edits once I realized I forgot purchase one important background for my concept; Destiny. So my char has been edited again and waits final approval (also changed him use superheavy plate once I realized it was 1pt difference between reinforced breastplate). However I now need ideas for 3th level heartstone and then one 2th level and one 1st level heartstone. Altough he can hold on two heartstone as he has spot in for direlance and one spot in his jade pendant.

Chajesdad

Wanted everyone to know I hould have Dar Oak Bodhisattva up for review by this afternoon, sorry took so long.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

So far as I know only me and AndyZ had charsheets and are active enough to considered as players Muse, so feel free roll up a char :).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Muse on May 02, 2012, 01:54:02 PM
  Still got room for one, Shadow?

Still have room until I get 5 sheets in.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chajesdad

Name:   Dark Oak Bodhisattva   
Type:   Dragon-blooded (Dynast)   
Aspect:   Wood Dragon   
Intimacies: House V'neef, House Tepet, Immaculate Faith, Sister (Medira), Hostel for Benevolent Life, Grotto of the Twisted Monkey, To Attain the Dog-faced Gremlin
Motivation: Perfection, through the successful understanding of Essence in all of it's forms.

Description:   
   Height between 4' 6" and 6'10" At 120 pounds he has a bare stick-like appearance with what skin shows. Shaven head, Prominent brow, Heavy tan almost barklike, mossy green beard and mustache, always moist. Broad thin robes cover obvious shoulder coverings, an elegant silver and blue jade headband rests upon his brow while black and green jade bracers peek from beneath deep sleeves. Has the scent of wet moss and dirt about him.  (Even before he exalted.) 

History: 
   Raised worms and bugs in the garden before he exalted. Quiet child of the House, often said to be elemental in nature because of my interest and comfort with animals and insects. Never truly good with them, but always comfortable around them, he has been bit, gored, and kicked, but never angry at the animal for reacting as it would. Post exaltation gravitated to the martial arts where he  had a natural affinity. Graduated from the Cloister of Wisdom. Recently married into House Tepet. Recently acting as a Fist of the Immaculate Order, being sent out to deal with specific ordeals such as rogue gods, and lone ghosts or small fey, individual annoyances.

Atributes: 
1   Strength
5   Dexterity
4   Stamina

2   Charisma
2   Manipulation
3   Appearence

4   Perception
2   Intelegence
3   Wits

Air:
3   Linguistics      (High Realm: Southern Blessed Isle)
2   Lore
3      *Occult         BiomancyX2
0   Stealth
0   Thrown

Earth
3      *Awareness
0   Craft: Air   
0   Craft: Earth   
0   Craft: Fire   
0   Craft: Genesis   
0   Craft: Magitech   
0   Craft: Water
1   Craft: Wood      Husbandry
2   Integrity   
2   Resistence   
1   War      

Fire:   
3   Athletics
2   Dodge
1   Melee
1   Pressence
2   Socialize

Water
0   Bureaucracy
0   Investigation
0   Larceny
4      *Martial Arts
0   Sail

Wood:
1      *Archery
2      *Medicine      Infection
1      *Performance
1      *Ride
1      *Survival

Languages: High Realm, Old Realm, Riverspeak

Backgrounds: 
3   Arsenal (Imaculate Order:  Dragon Tear Tiara (For service to the order), Folding Servant, Perfected Lamelar)
2   Artifact (Black and Green Jade Hearstone Bracers, Skin Mount Amulet)
2   Backing (Imaculate Order)
4   Breeding
0   Connections (Tepet)
1   Connections (Vneef)
2   Manse  (Rising River Benevolent Hostel of Recovery, and the Grotto of the Twisted Monkey)

3   Essence

Virtues:
2/2   Compasion
4/4   Conviction
3/3   Temprence
2/2   Valor

7/7   Willpower

Motes: 
14/14   Personal
34/17   Peripheral

Charms: 
Pasiap's Humility
Moment of Da'nad

Wood Dragon Martial Arts: 
--Eyes of the Wood Dragon
--Mind over Body Meditation
--Wood Dragon Vitality
--Soul Marking Strike
--Wood Dragon Form

Thaumaturgy:
--Art of Husbandry:  Judge the Pure Beast, Warding the Crop.  1.  2.  3.

Clinch

Punch

Kick

Self Bow
6   Speed
   Accuracy
1+Arrow   Damage
   Range