News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Font Size issues

Started by mannik, November 25, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

Not sure if this has been raised before, or even if I'm the only person having such issues. But for some reason when I'm making a post or writing a pm and try to make edits like add a sentence or paragraph, or take them away before posting/submitting, occasionally the font size changes on me to something like size=78% or something, so half my post winds up being smaller than the rest. That is, if it doesn't just throw the size tags into the post itself.

[size=78%]Here's an example of what happens....I didn't manually type the size tags. I didn't even mess with the font size drop down. All I did was type the first part of this paragraph, then go back and delete the empty line between it and the above paragraph (a common [/size]occurrence[size=78%] when proof reading/making final edits before posting)...the size difference persists, even when I hit enter to drop it back down to where it belongs....[/size]

[size=78%]And continues to effect all text I write afterwards. The only way to fix this is to turn off wysiwyg mode and manually delete the tags. Needless to say this is very annoying, and I have no idea what is causing it.[/size]

[size=78%]In case it matters, the browser I use is Chrome.[/size]

Oreo

I haven't noticed that issue, but I have thought I was going crazy since my pages (only on E) seem to be loading at randomly different sizes. :-\

I've gone in to correct it with the default action. Maybe the glitch is connected?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

mj2002

I've experienced this as well and had to turn off the editor in order to avoid this problem. I'm using Chrome as well.

Vekseid

Quote from: Oreo on November 26, 2012, 12:06:32 AM
I haven't noticed that issue, but I have thought I was going crazy since my pages (only on E) seem to be loading at randomly different sizes. :-\

I've gone in to correct it with the default action. Maybe the glitch is connected?

Well I have been tweaking the header. >_>

And this is probably a bug in the WYSIWYG editor? Surprised I haven't heard of it before.

Oreo

Quote from: Vekseid on December 09, 2012, 12:05:53 AM
Well I have been tweaking the header. >_>

And this is probably a bug in the WYSIWYG editor? Surprised I haven't heard of it before.

I haven't noticed this reoccurring during the last week.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Teke

I'm seeing the issue as well, though I found it because I was getting extra carriage returns placed into my posts.  I've also noticed the font issues.

Using the WYSISYG editor and chrome like the others.

Issues are solved by doing a select all and force the font size and then to turn off the WYSISYG editor to find and delete the extra returns.

EDIT: For example, in this post I only put in one return between each line. When I go back in to edit it, the extra lines are visible now.  I did not change any of my original text.
A&A

Beguile's Mistress

Extra line spaces crop up sometimes when I type a piece in Word and copy past it but this happens with all sorts of places.

For example:  I write in Word and have a template with a set indent for the first line and a single space setting.  A copy/paste into E or a Google Drive document drops the indent and addls a line space between paragraphs.  It's has always been like that and doesn't change from computer to computer or OS so I just deal with it.  I use Google Drive or the MSN Cloud for storing docs I work on in many places because it is more convenient that flash drives. 

Josietta

I'm not having any issues on this but I am currently using Windows 8 IE10.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!