Young Justice or Teen Titans Beyond

Started by SydneyDrew20, May 27, 2014, 06:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyDrew20

As stated in my thread, I would be interested in starting out a group roleplay involving a new generation of new heroes that defend Gotham City (or any other city in he DC comics lore, for that matter). I would be interested in having the characters be as realistic as possible, even if they are alien or animal-like, and maybe give them a darker feel, like in Teen Titans. What I liked about these shows is that they were not afraid going dark sometimes when the story needed it and I find flawed, dark heroes and villains more interesting than Gary Sues or Mary Sues. While the Roleplay can certainly involve canon characters, I want this to mostly focus on the OC characters the users create. I will set up an example of a character sheet below so you can see what sort of characters I'm going for:

Name: Tatyanna Katiuska/Taty

Alias: Madame Butterfly

Birthday: September 16, 1994

Alliances: Chinese Triad in Starling City, Young Justice

Appearance: Tatyanna has light brown locks with caramel highlights, fair skin, big blue-grey eyes and is of average height. She has an exceptional body for her age that she achieved with ruthless training and the hardest of mentors.

Height: 5"5 (1.65)

Weight: 118 lb

Personality: Tatyanna is usually able to keep calm and collected, due to her training with the Chinese Triad. Despite this, she's still a bit impatient and takes a long time to cool down after she gets angry. Since she was rescued, she seems happier and much less aggressive than before though she still shows signs of post traumatic stress, like not wanting to be touched, scratching herself and small episodes of depression, rage and manic attacks. Her rage is usually directed at China White, whom she blames greatly for not letting her have her revenge against the people. Despite being good, the word revenge is embedded in her brain and she is willing to go to many extremes to get her goals done. Despite her thirst for revenge, her moral qualms are also very strong and often stop her from making stupid and reckless decisions when she's angry. If put in a confined space or under something, she'll begin to scream, since she witnessed her parents' murder from underneath a bed. She's sarcastic and has a somewhat dark sense of humor. Despite her moral compass being damaged and her alignment, Tatyanna genuinely has a good heart and wishes to stop working with the Triad. She's also very empathetic.

Nationality or Race (if Alien): F, Human

Strenghts: Her empathy is her biggest weapon against the influences and the responsibilities the Chinese Triad sets upon her. Tatyanna, despite her embedded sense of revenge, does have a moral compass that often points north and she may not always follow it but it had kept her from making the most despicable of acts and turning her into a monster.

Weaknesses: Due to the post traumatic stress, she often has panic attacks and episodes of depression she can't get herself out of. Tatyanna's ideas of revenge are often what fuels her to keep on living and she's always dreaming of the day that she catches the men that killed her parents and sold her, ultimately turning her into something she had never imagined. She's very sentimental, which often makes her feelings get in the way she thinks or the way she makes decisions.

Likes: Dancing, butterflies, reminiscing about her parents, yoga, boxing and other martial arts

Dislikes: China White, the Chinese Triad in general, traffickers, stripping, disrespectful men

Abilities in combat: Having being trained by the Chinese Triad, Tatyanna knows her way around martial arts. The ones she's better at are karate and muay thai. Due to her illegal job as an underground fighter, she is very skilled at boxing as well. She may not be too strong but she's certainly very agile and graceful due to her dance background. Despite always carrying a gun on the holster in her leg, Tatyanna prefers making use of two small daggers only when the need arises. She was trained with several other weapons but prefers using the daggers as a last resource.

Talent/hobbies/skills: Tatyanna used to be a dedicated and passionate ballet dancer and all-around dancer back when her parents were alive. She stills enjoy dancing on the little free time she has while working with the Triad and is often seen around the Gotham University campus in the dance workshops. In recent years, she found that she had a hidden talent for pole dancing. She's very good with her martial arts skills and is training to get better with her hacking skills.

Occupation: Stripper at Starling City's most exclusive and expensive lounge and underground fighter.

Friends: Her job doesn't exactly leave much time for friends but the Chinese Triad members, especially China White, are the closest thing she has to getting friends. The only other person she gets along with is one of the strippers at the club called Maisy.

Enemies: The people that killed her parents and sold her into slavery.

Actress/Actor best suited for my character: Lyndsy Fonseca

Biography: Born in Moscow to two very important political figures, Sergei Katiuska and Ekaterina Volkova, Taty lived a privileged life when her parents were alive and was born heiress to her parents' fortune. Growing up in the Russian countryside in a lovely manor, Tatyanna was used to living a very comfortable life. Her father, trying to teach her survival skills, took her to the woods every 2 months and taught her something new to survive on her own, trying to teach her that she wouldn't always live such a privileged life as time went by and that he'd take away some of her privileges as time went on so she could be more humble.

When she was 12 years, her home was invaded by a squad of hired assasins that were sent by one of her dad's many political enemies that sought not only his title but her family's money as well. Despite the man never showing his face during the home invasion, she heard a conversation going on between the assassins that led to Alexander Brushkov, the man that had always opposed her father. After her father told her to hide underneath a bed, she witnessed her father getting shot and accidentally made a small sound. The assassin, noticing her, decided not to kill her and instead, sold her to a trafficking ring leader named Viktor Dushkov, who raped her and pimped her out when she was 13. For three years, she became a prostitute and lived three years of her life on a heavy dependency of drugs and alcohol to mend her pain. Viktor liked to especially torture her and put her in a dog cage when she misbehaved, which lead to her acquiring a fear of small, enclosed spaces.

During a raid conducted at the brothel she used to be in, China White, disguised as an investigator, recognized Tatyanna from the news despite how much she'd changed and took her in for "questioning". Rather than taking her into the police, the woman offered the young Katiuska heiress a new life and a new way of living, as well as promising her revenge when the time was right. Tatyanna, not knowing what it would involve, took the deal and became China White's apprentice. Once she was fully clean, Tatyanna and China White traveled to Starling City, where China pulled some strings to get her a job as a stripper and told her about the underground fighting ring to practice her skills.

Under the codename Madame Butterfly, Tatyanna works with China White and often aids her when she's needed by the Chinese Triad in the artifact and money recovery department as well as some other less pleasant work like torture and even murder sometimes. After despicable acts on her part, Tatyana escaped the triad and fled to Mount Justice for protection.

Extra facts: Has a butterfly tattoo on the back of her neck.

Deathnote

Tentatively expressing interest in this game.  Would it be okay if I made a character whose history is connected with yours?  I'm considering making either a former Chinese Triad Gangster or the son of a talented chef who used to cook for a certain pair of important political figures. Hmm... maybe both?

SydneyDrew20

I like the Chinese Triad Gangster idea.

usha

Oh, what a lovely idea! I certainly am interested in being involved in this game, I will definitely need to put some thought into a solid character that will fit the team!

BadForm

How dark is dark? I was using a character in another supers RP that the GM seems to have allowed to drop. I love the character, and would happily transpose him to here. However he us very dark - an anti-hero at best. He was a child sold to an organisation who experimented on him repeatedly to try to give him superpowers and ultimately, just as Animal Man can call specific, mixed and magnified animal powers from "The Red" so thus guy can call specific, mixed and magnified drug effects from "The Chem." As you can imagine such abandonment and experimentation hardly left him a pleasant chap and rage, vengeance and so on (possibly with survival too if he escaped the organisation) tend to be his motives. He was also sarcastic, depressed at times and rebellious. Really quite dark, but if that's what you're looking for....
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

SydneyDrew20

Yeah, all characters are welcome :).

BadForm

Then this is the character more or less as originally written. Let me know if you need changes...

Code Name: Bender
Description:

Background and powers:
Bennie was sold by his parents to a mysterious company who were attempting to develop a supervillain for their own nefarious ends. He was abused, misused and experimented on with many different chemicals, none of which showed any effect. Then, one day, something weird happened. Angry at the doctor examining him following the latest experiment he started to wish the doctor harm. At first he didn't realise what was happening, but he felt like his mind was awash with a strange chemical, his vision even had little bubbles of a chemical formula swimming before it, one he did not recognize. And the doctor grabbed his belly. Not knowing what was happening, Bennie focused both on the formula and the doctor, watching as the man collapsed and began to cough blood. The doctor, it turned out later, had suffered severe gastro-intestinal bleeding and there was no obvious cause.

Over time, Bennie and his minders learned that somehow he had become able to tap into the mystical realm of drugs, draw on the powers of drugs, and inflict any and multiple side effects on other - magnifying them however he wanted. When he drew out the forumula he'd seen that first time, they recognized it as Pradaxa, a drug known to potentially cause internal bleeding. Over time he increased his power until he can wilfully inflict any number of specific drug effects or side effects, increased or decreased to any degree, on miltiple people. It's a power they recognized immediately as worth more than his weight in gold.

Bennie escaped the organisation and has been using his powers for his own needs. A crook with few scruples when it comes to getting his way, he actually has limited ambition which stops him resorting to anything too extreme. He does have one aim though - vengeance on those who abused him and others like them. He has no sympathy for the weak. In fact they disgust him. However, he hates abusers (despite being entirely capable of being one himself - as shown by some of the people who he has tortured or manipulated by calling on effects from the Chem) and serves society as a kind of anti-hero, seeking not so much justice for all but punishment of the guilty.

Personality: Cynical, uncaring, merciless, prone to occasional bouts of depression, distrusting, sarcastic, often cruel, selfish. There is a word that many would use to describe him: psychopath. Of course, what he really is is a product of what was done to him and his acts of self-serving nastiness pale in comparison to the good he has done just by his desire to hurt and destroy those who abuse others. Whether he will ever become a moral person though is another matter.

Vices/Secrets: Vengeful nastiness, tendency to inflict the more "positive" aspects of drugs on himself when he has downtime, sees others for what he can get from them, prone to addictive behaviours - sex, gambling, sadomasochism etc...
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

SydneyDrew20

Is he with Young Justice or with the villains?

BadForm

I put him there as a hero - albeit for very negative reasons. It wouldn't take much of an edit to change him to a villain by ditching his anger at a users and making him a full-on psychopath. So I can put him wherever you want.

-----

SydneyDrew20

BadForm

As a villain you mean? Or as a hero? I'll make a quick mod to match what you need...

-----

BadForm

Sounds good - I'll leave him as a nasty little oik who'd rather hurt abusers than victims then. Looking forward to it.

-----

BadForm

-----

SydneyDrew20

It's still open, but no one seems interested.

BadForm

Frustrating - that's the second supers group in a row I've signed up for that seems to have fallen. Do... (sniffs under pits)... do I have BO or something?

-----

SydneyDrew20

I know... it's frustrating to me too.

BadForm

Have you tried double checking with Usha and Deathnote? Perhaps they got busy and forgot...

-----

Deathnote

Sorry, was busy, then just kinda forgot.  Working on the character sheet now.  >_>

I think I'll go with the "Tatyanna's childhood friend" route, if you don't mind.  ^_^

SydneyDrew20

Deathnote

Edit: Accidentally hit the post button.  Will edit this further later.

Name: Andy 'Rock' Yang

Alias: Red Crow

Alliances: Chinese Triad in Starling City, Young Justice

Appearance:

Height: 5"9 (1.75)

Weight: 160 lb

Personality: Rock rarely lets anything get to him making him very hard to piss off and/or depress.  He attempts to be approachable and tries to be friendly with other people, though it's obvious that he's not very good at it.  He can also be surprisingly stubborn and make very reckless decisions at times.  Once he's made up his mind about something, he'll see through it to the end.

Rock is also the type to see things in shades of gray.  He believes that everything is situational and prefers to hear the full story before having to judge someone if he has to.  He also believes that there is good in everyone, though there are people he would find hard to forgive if at all.

Nationality or Race (if Alien): Chinese

Abilities in combat: Rock's primary ability is his use of magic to enhance his own physical abilities including strength, speed, stamina, reflexes, and even his vision.  He also has access to various other spells, though he has neglected to practice any of them to where he could use them reliably.  Even without his magic, he's highly capable in unarmed combat, having been taught Wing Chun from a young age.  He is also quite proficient with the collapsible quarterstaff that he carries concealed on his person.

Biography: Rock was the son of a highly accomplished chef whose culinary skills were renowned to the point that he was regularly employed by foreign VIPs to travel to their countries and cook for them.  Rock himself learned his way around a kitchen from a younge age.  Rock's father was eventually employed by two very important political figures in Moscow, Tatyanna's parents.  Sergei Katiuska and Ekaterina Volkova were impressed with Chef Yang's cooking to the point that they wanted him to be their private chef.  As a result, Rock's family moved into the Katiuska manor where Chef Yang would joined the cooking staff as their head chef.

The first couple of years after the move to Russia was especially difficult for Rock, since he didn't speak the language.  At first, young Rock wasn't sure how to act around Tatyanna.  This changed when Rock decided to sneak into the kitchen to practice his own culinary skills by cooking up some noodle soup.  Tatyanna happened to walk in on him when he was just about done cooking.  Rock placed the bowl of noodle soup on the table in front of the young heiress and waited.  Tatyanna ate the noodles and Rock could tell from her expression that she liked it.  Since then, the two of them have been friends.  In fact, it was Tatyanna who had personally taught Rock how to speak Russian.

When Rock was 11 and Tatyanna was 12, the two of them had a fight.  Rock couldn't even remember what they were fighting about, but what he did remember was that he ran away from the manor.  Coincidentally, that was when the Katiuska manor was invaded by a squad of hired assasins who were after Tatyanna's father.  By the time Rock had gotten back to the manor, everything was already over.  Both of Tatyanna's parents were dead.  Tatyanna herself was missing.  Also... Rock was now an orphan.

Rock moved back to Hong Kong where he was taken in by a family friend named Mr. Hei.  Mr. Hei, as it turned out, had connections with the Chinese Triad.  Although not exactly a member himself, he would sometimes do business with them... though what exactly he did for them was unclear to young Rock.  In exchange for helping out the Chinese Triad, Mr. Hei would receive information.  It would be about an year later before Rock would learn the full story.  Rock was snooping around in Mr. Hei's library when he came across a secret underground lair... filled with various spell books.  Taking a look into one of these books, Rock read the incantation aloud and accidentally summoned various demonic creatures.  That was when Mr. Hei suddenly teleported into the secret library and banished the demonic creatures back whence they came.  It was then that Mr. Hei realized that the incantation that was read could not have been activated by a normal human being.  Rock had the potential to use magic.  Upon this realization, Mr. Hei began Rock's training in the mystical arts.

As Rock began his training, Mr. Hei revealed a few things to him.  The first thing he revealed was that he also went by the alias "Black Crow".  He would routinely wear a mask and black robes and use his connections with the Chinese Triad to seek out demonic activity to put a stop to them.  He considered the Chinese Triad to be the lesser of two evils and put priority into stopping evil magic-users from trying to summon demons.  Once Black Crow believed Rock to be ready, Rock was given a set of red robes and the alias "Red Crow".  One of the first things Rock did as soon as his training was done was begin his search for his lost childhood friend, Tatyanna.  Over time, Rock's relationship with his mentor strained and they began to drift apart.

When Rock was 17, he was finally able to locate Tatyanna in Starling City.  Once there, he attempted to get Tatyanna to leave with him, but to no avail.  Tatyanna was still consumed with the desire for revenge.  In order to stay close to Tatyanna, Rock joined the Chinese Triad in Starling City.

SydneyDrew20