Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"Understood. Thanks so much." She sighed, nudging Captain's shoulder. "Sorry to wake you so soon, but your friend called just after you fell asleep. He says there is a small village 20 Kilometers South of here. We have been instructed to head there and ask for someone named Arun, he's going to take care of you there. Over the comms unit you are only to respond to Major Tom and Monster and no one else. Think you can make it that far?"
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"I think so," he said, standing up slowly. "I might need you to give me a hand getting there though." He was clearly still uneasy on his feet but he was determined to reach the village even if he had to collapse when they reached the safehouse. By luck, they found a young Indian man stood waiting for them on the outskirts. "Arun I'm guessing?" Morrison asked, glad to see the man nod.

"My house is over there," the man said, looking them up and down and quickly assessing their injuries, allowing Morrison to lean on his shoulder as well as Skylar's. "We need to get him inside, I think he's about to collapse."

Animegurl5

"You would think I would have gathered that much information myself, given that I half dragged him out here." Her voice was thick with exhaustion but she still managed to smile as she helped with Captain Morrison. "We should hurry though, I'm not so sure I'm going to remain on my feet much longer either." She sighed as they came to the safe house, her stomach growling loudly. She rolled her eyes at her body's inability to go with out food for more than a while. "Sorry." She mumbled, helping Morrison inside.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"There's some cheese in the fridge," Arun said as he helped Morrison over to the sofa and laid him down on it. "My first aid kit is by the fridge, bring it in here. I can't fix his wounds completely but I can at least stop the bleeding and avoid him getting any worse before your transport arrives."

"I'll be fine," Morrison said starting to sit up before Arun pushed him down again.

"Any sensible doctor would've told you to stay where you where," Arun said. "Although by the sounds of it that wasn't really a viable option."

Animegurl5

"Well soldiers aren't quite known for their smart decisions, only the one's that promote the best survival rate." She said as she went over to the fridge. Grabbing the first aid kit, she brought that over to Arun immediately before returning to the kitchen to raid the fridge for cheese. It was all she could do not to inhale the food, but she did devour it quicker than necessary."This stuff is so good. I don't believe I have ever had anything like it before."

Lady Jenn

"Its decisions like that which got Tom kicked out of the army," Morrison said, wincing as Arun put his arm in a sling and wrapped a bandage around his leg. "He works as a mercenary gun-for-hire nowadays, has his own private army and intelligence network at his beck and call."

"Shall I take a look at your injuries?" Arun asked Skylar once he had done what he could for Morrison. "I'm not a highly trained doctor but I'm the best you're going to get in this village."

Animegurl5

"Be my guest." She said, allowing him to check out her own injuries. "It's kind of cool, to have one's own army. Though I have always thought it to be a lot more work than it's worth. A lot of responsibility. I sometimes wonder if it's just better to be a gunman rather than the man in charge." She thought aloud, not talking to anyone in particular other than herself.

Lady Jenn

"Not necessarily," Arun said as he began tending to her injuries. "The problem with following orders from someone else is they expect you to follow them however disgusting the orders might be. Most of those who work for Tom left their respective military or intelligence services because they disagreed with what their countries were doing."

Animegurl5

"My country is just lucky that I'm half way around the world right now." She growled, her hands balling up into two white knuckled fists. "This Tom guy is starting to sound like some sort of god. Is he always so welcoming and friendly... He didn't sound as rude as all the other commanders are back at home."

Lady Jenn

"The Major Tom codename isn't a reference to his rank," Morrison said, laughing. "The highest rank he ever got to in the army was Colonel. He got hat nickname because he loves David Bowie. As for his personality...he's fine as long as you don't cross him. He has one heck of a temper on him when he's in a bad mood."

"Quick," get down," Arun said to the other two. "We have company. Can't be sure its soldiers but just in case we need to be sure they can't see either of you."

Animegurl5

"Honestly... At a time like this? People are just so nosey." She hissed, sliding into a stiff position that hid her from the sight of those at the door. She held her breath, clutching her weapon to her chest just in case it was needed. Her Captain was in no condition to fight and she couldn't be sure of Arun's abilities, but it was sure that she could not underestimate him.

Lady Jenn

There was a kncok at the door which Arun answered, speaking in the same language they had heard the soldiers speaking earlier before he shut the door again, alughing slightly and shaking his head.

"They weren't soldiers," he said. "It was a couple of local kids who lost their ball around here somewhere. I told them if I saw it I'd return it, I know their parents well enough to know where they live."

"That's good," Morrison said. "But soldiers will come here eventually, let's hope our flight arrives first."

"This is Monster," a voice coming from the comms unit suddenly said. "We are inbound to your position. You need to be ready to go in ten minutes though, we can't afford to hang around once we land."

Animegurl5

She sighed with relief, her msucles relaxing as the kids left. "Yeah, but kids can be just as dangerous as the real deal. I take it word spreads quickly in a place as small as this?" She almost jumped through the ceiling as the comms unit sprung to life. "Thanks Monster. We should be ready by then." She answered it quickly before turning to Morrison and Arun. "Well you heard them, I guess it's time to get moving."

Lady Jenn

"Arun, maybe you should come with us," Morrison said. "I don't want to think our being here puts your life at risk." He stood up uneasily, feeling better than he had done but clearly still not well.

"I'll be fine," Arun replied. "I'm Indian, I'll look far less suspicious staying in this country than either of you will. Tell Tom I'll radio him if I get anymore news about Shadowdance, he'll know what you mean," he said, noting the confusion in Morrison's eyes.

Animegurl5

"Right. Shadowdance, we will tell him... Wait, what's Shadowdance? Oh nevermind, we have to go." She said, the name nagging at her with the need to know some big secret that even Morrison didn't know. "Monster will be here soon and Arun is close with the locals. He will be just fine." She urged him on, not wanting to keep Moster waiting.

Lady Jenn

They came outside just in time to see a large black helicopter land in the middle of the square, unlike any helicopter in the US military. Four soldiers dressed in strangely patterned uniforms jumped out, one indicating for them to enter the open door of the helicopter that was waiting for them. Inside were four other soldiers and two pilots. The helicopter took off again once they were all on board.

"Are you two okay?" asked the figure who had signalled to them who it turned out, under the light of the helicopter's interior, was a woman with a strong Russian accent."We're used to this kind of quick extraction mission so we've all but memorized the routine."

Animegurl5

"Thanks. I'm fine, but Captain here... Well not so much." She smiled slightly looking at the craft around her. "This is quite a piece of work, don't you think. But won't the military get suspicious of the appearance of an helicopter randomly showing up after the blast?" She pondered this for a while, not seeing how it was possible not to raise suspicion. Now that she was among other soldiers, she allowed herself to relax some and actually breathe. "This sucks." Her words were breathed out as she sighed, her shoulders slumping in exhaustion.

Lady Jenn

"We had a small window to get in and retrieve you before the local military would notice us," the woman replied as one of the other soldiers tended to Morrison's wounds. "The village Arun lives in is so out of the way the area is rarely checked by radar. Obviously if we had come in during the day it would have been a little harder to pick you up without anyone seeing us."

Animegurl5

"Oh. Well good job then. A mission... carried... out...." Her words trailed off as she tried to fight falling asleep. Her eyes slid shut slowly her chest starting to rise and fall at a much slower pace as her breath deepened and her muscles relaxed. And despite how much she tried not to, her thoughts began to wander and she existed in only a daze.

Lady Jenn

"Will they be fine?" the Russian woman asked the medic who turned to treating Skylar's wounds having stabilised Morrison. The man nodded in response so she headed towards the cockpit. "We're going to try and get a bit of a rest," she said to one of the pilots. "Give us a shout when we reach base, or if we run into any trouble on the way."

Animegurl5

Skylar was still partially aware of the world around her but only a bit, the rest of her drifted helplessly as her mind tried to rest. Images replaying the aweful events flashed through her mind and no matter how hard she tried to turn away or wake up, it was no use. There was no escaping the damage that her own country had inflicted upon her. What was even worse was that she was fully aware of it, unable to sleep in ignorant bliss.

Lady Jenn

"We've arrived," the woman told Skylar, gently shaking her awake. There seemed to be daylight streaming through the cockpit window but on closer inspection it wasn't. It was the searchlights and other lighting of a large military base swarming with soldiers and vehicles below them. "My name is Petra by the way," she said. "Apologies for not introducing you before."

Animegurl5

"Yeah, no no. You're fine. It's nice to meet you Petra." Skylar smiled and then yawned with a stretch. It took her a moment for her eyes to adjust to the brightness of the search lights, but she soon got used to it and was ready to move. She clutched her weapon closer to her and sighed. "We need to get a message to Tom. Is that alright?" She asked, holding back yet another yawn.

((Sorry it took me so long. Family issues.))

Lady Jenn

"Sure," she said, nodding. Within moments the helicopter touched down, Morrison getting to his feet, still feeling slightly groggy, as one of the other soldiers pushed the door open. When their eyes had adjusted to the sudden light flooding the compartment they discovered three men were waiting on the landing pad. Two were soldiers dressed in similar kit to Freya and the others but the third was a tall man with a leather jacket partially covering a rather battered looking old US Marines uniform. Petra smiled as she jumped out of the helicopter, helping Morrison down. "Skylar, meet Major Tom. Or to use his real name, Tom Wilkinson. Ex-Marine and head of this little operation you can see."

Animegurl5

"Nice to finally meet the mysterious Major Tom." She said with a sly smile, despite the nerves eating away at her. "I can't thank you enough for sending these guys out to help us and directing us to Arjun, who just so happens to have a message for you." She said, her smile falling away as she recalled the message that the man had given them before leaving. "He said something about radioing you if he heard anymore news on Shadowdance, said that you would know what I meant since I obviously haven't a clue." The fact of not knowing picked at her slightly, never having been one to sit back when information was involved.