The PM system

Started by RolandDragoon, January 20, 2011, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RolandDragoon

I've been talking to some people, or trying to ha ha, in the PMs and sometimes it takes them some time to reply to me, but because of all the other things going on in life and here, I can't always remember what the subject is. Is there a way to keep a long list of things that have been said in the PM system? For both parties?

Beguile's Mistress

If you both click Reply or Quote throughout, your conversation is threaded and all of your messages stay in that thread.  You both need to click Reply or Quote for that to work.

You could also create a label for the other member and move all PMs into that label for that person.  Labels on our site function in the same way as folders on some others.  I think there may also be a way for replies from that person to go directly to that label but I'm not sure how you would be notified of that in the Inbox.

Will

You could enable the option to show PMs as a conversation, so that it shows your PMs in a sort of thread-like fashion.  Maybe that would help?
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Beguile's Mistress

Do you need to use the Reply or Quote options with that or do all PMs from one person go into the same thread?  I'm not sure how that works.

Lilias

In my experience, if the thread has a custom subject, all subsequent messages go automatically on it. If it's a 'no subject' thread, the system starts a new one when the date changes.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Nadir

To get what Will said, follow these instructions;

My Messages> Change Settings (last option on the leftside of the screen)> Display Personal Messages: dropdown option 'Display As Conversation'

I don't think it effects the older messages, but all the new ones that come in will stack neatly.

Swordsman18

I switched mine a few days ago and it sorted all of my PMs into conversations. So it does work retroactively.