Interest Checks

Started by KaelRavenheart, October 01, 2011, 05:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaelRavenheart

I was just wondering exactly what it means when someone puts on the end of the title to their roleplay that it is an interest check. Does it mean exactly what it sounds like, that they are making sure that people are interested before starting the thread? Also, if that is the case, are interest checks required before posting a thread?
You think you know me? Look deeper. Find the truth.

Trieste

1. Generally, yes, that's what they mean.

2. No, it's not actually required.

Oniya

From what I've seen, this is mostly used in Group RPs.  It seems to be done when the OP has a genre in mind, but not always a hashed-out plot.  As such, an interest check would allow both a sense of whether or not there were enough people interested in the subject to warrant hashing out a plot, and a means for said plot to be hashed out among the participants.

It's not necessary - I've seen a number of Group RP requests that arrive on the board fully formed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17