STALKER?

Started by SGTDan, September 03, 2012, 12:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGTDan

Would anyone be interested?
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Lady Temptress

Hi Dan. What's the story line?
Lady Dreamer

Haibane

Is this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the post-apocalyptic Chernobyl FPS computer game or 'stalking' the socially maladjusted behavioural obsession?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Haibane on September 03, 2012, 06:28:14 AM
Is this S.T.A.L.K.E.R. the post-apocalyptic Chernobyl FPS computer game or 'stalking' the socially maladjusted behavioural obsession?

The game series is one I've wanted to test ever since I heard about it. At the time I didn't have near enough graphics and CPU power on my PC, but now I do. It sounds fascinating. Haven't played it yet, but an RP game loosely attached to it sounds like a very good idea.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

SGTDan

Quote from: Lady Temptress on September 03, 2012, 04:46:59 AM
Hi Dan. What's the story line?

Well before I commit that I want interest.

Quote from: Haibane on September 03, 2012, 06:28:14 AM

The game
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Haibane

In that case, I'm interested. Would your RP use the map from the game?

Wargtass

Very interested. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of my favorite franchises.
O/O

TheHangedOne

Sign me up! I've probably spent close to two hundred hours on all three games (including all the major mods out there).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Notadrywall

I to am a big stalker fan, so I'd be interested, depending on what you have in mind?

Haibane

The thing about STALKER is not so much the post-apoc setting or the mercenaries or the factions and politics, or even the monsters, but two things - the safe havens and trading places, bars etc; and the simple weirdness of the anomalies and the weird radiation effects. Doing something with the anomalies so that there is some kind of strange puzzle to unravel as a party would be awesome - I don't just mean artifact collecting but something almost crazy and interdimensional. With the anomalies you could take a STALKER-based story almost anywhere, literally.

I also personally found the city settings much creepier than the open countryside. One thing that the STALKER franchise did exceptionally well was the settings, the colours, the visuals and the sound effects. The gritiness. The plain scaryness. capturing some of that in a group RP would be so cool.

TheHangedOne

Designation X-# labs should show up at some point, too. Those, and spots like Pripyat were the creepiest for me. Izumrodnoye, I believe the place is called,  in C.o.P. was very poignant as well.  It's the place where you go to hunt the Chimera.

Another idea: What if the party gets stuck in one of those Space Anomalies, and needs to work a way out?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ausyandy

S.T.A.L.K.E.R is an awesome game! The dead city of Pripyat, the countryside, the creepy labs, the bars that provide a feeling of safety from the harsh world... it was amazing. I used to rp on a stalker forum ages ago, and it was a lot of fun.

I'd definitely be interested in a STALKER rp.