Guest considering membership

Started by Ray, December 05, 2007, 03:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

Doesn't seem like anyone has utilized this Guest Forum, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area, as I'm not entirely familiar with using forums and they enjoy smiting me at every turn.

My primary experience Role Playing for the past few years has been over AIM in a turn based 'story' type style.  Before that I utilized the MSN chatrooms, before they required payment for their use.  I wasn't sure what type role playing was most common here as I have no experience with the dice rolling D&D style and find it rather daunting.  I also wasn't sure what genres were most common.  I have many cannon and oc's I play, but I usually prefer an established setting and at least one cannon character between us.  This may be, of course, that I've just had poor luck meeting people who can play full on oc's without difficulty. 

The genre's I was looking for role playing partners for in particular were Marvel Comics (I have a great adoration for Toad from the movie), Star Wars (I would be overboard for someone who could play a convincing Darth Maul), Pirates of the Caribbean (Again with the overboard for a Jack Sparrow).  I'm also fond of Cowboy Bebop, TMNT, and a myriad of other genres that refuse to come to mind at the moment.  ( I usually play Toad, Boom Boom, Rogue, Elizabeth, Raphael, or a handful of OC's I've created over the years.)

I have realized as a whole that the role playing community seems to gravitate more toward Anime or Fantasy RP, and while I can feel in the mood for a Fantasy genre sometimes it's not usually what I prefer, so I thought it prudent that I determine what I'm most likely to find here before I went ahead and joined.

I write a lot of fan fiction, as well as my own stuff so I really try to make my posts as literary as possible, though I'm not fond of having to write several paragraphs each time.  I'm probably rather spoiled on just rping over AIM where it's back and forth and the story moves rather quickly. 

Anyway, if this sounds like I could find what I'm looking for here, any information would be thoroughly appreciated and I will see to applying immediately for membership.  If not, alas, I'll just keep looking.  :-)

Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this.  Take care!

Ray

Having reread my post (I have insomnia AND anxiety, please forgive) I realized that I in no way made reference to adult settings, which, I should assume, would be my entire purpose for wanting to become a member here.  I just took it as a given that the genre's I indicated would contain explicit material should they be acceptable.  I'm not interested so much in adult rp just for it's sake, but the ability to role play uninhibited and let the story take it's natural course.  I like smut!  I write enough of it on the adult fan fiction site.  When it reaches that point in the story I don't want to have to gloss over it. 

I just really, so very much, want to meet nice decently creative writers with the same interests I have. 

Thanks much for reading my extraneous rambling.

Elvi

Hello Ray,
My advice would be to wade in and become a member, that is of course if you are over 18?

Not all games are overtly sexual, or incredibly 'heavy', we do light and fluffy as well...*smiles*
There are many different types of roleplay here and I am sure your tastes can be accommodated.
And (much to my relief) there are plenty of freeform games which don't involve rules and dice rolls to get in the way of my imagination.

I would recomend that you read the rules:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=3.0

and Welcome! And what we're looking for.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5.0

Perhaps have a look at our public discussion boards too, in that way I am sure you will see that we are not a bad lot....

Good luck, hope you choose to join us...

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Ray the Wicked

Thanks very much (well over 18) and I went ahead and joined.  :-)  I look forward to talking to everybody.  :-)  I'm excited, I've been looking for a nice role playing community for so long! 
Shut up Aslan!  Darth Maul already killed you!

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12060.0

Adult Fan Fic Archive: http://xmen.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=1296815188

Elvi

Yes....I've just posted on your introduction thread, I'm pleased you've decided to join us....*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building