News:

Main Menu

Holiday Giving ...

Started by Trieste, November 19, 2008, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trieste

*rubs the itchy bandage over her left vein and tries not to scratch it* Gah. Feels like they soaked my arm in latex!

MusicNeverDies

Woo, going tomorrow. *starts chugging liquids*

Oniya

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on December 03, 2008, 12:30:50 AM
Woo, going tomorrow. *starts chugging liquids*

Remember, you're going to be stuck in that chair for a while.  Don't chug too much! ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Bliss

Euch, I've made THAT mistake... and it's made even worse because I have squiggly veins, and sometimes the bloodflow stops. Even when it does go, it's slooooooooow.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

I don't spend much time in the chair actually, about 5 minutes giving blood, and the 3 minutes it takes for them to accept that you're not about to faint on them. My friends go with me and we challenge each other to see who can donate fastest.. *shakes head* (2nd place in a group of 7 today, btw :P)

Today I nearly couldn't give though, because I didn't realize my sweater was so thick, and when I rolled up the sleeves they just didn't go high enough, so I had to take it off, and below I had a really tight shirt on. They asked my weight *shifty eyes* and I added about 10 pounds to the weight I told them (Geez, the one time THAT'S ever going to happen!) so they let me do it. I was already in the chair and all the questioning and Iron test and blood pressure and all that was already done and passed, so I think they just didn't want to feel like it was time wasted *snicker* I didn't pass out though, so no problems!

.... Really good soup today. *plans to break in and steal that stuff*

Bliss

Jesus. I'm a slow bleeder, takes me close to 45 minutes to donate when I go.

And they never give ME soup, the best I get is oreos and juice! *pout*
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Oniya

Actually, my husband used to do the 'racing' thing when he could donate (high blood pressure and cholesterol now. :().  Squeezing the rubber ball helps - or anything that'll raise the heart rate a little.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Bliss on December 04, 2008, 11:02:34 AM
Jesus. I'm a slow bleeder, takes me close to 45 minutes to donate when I go.

And they never give ME soup, the best I get is oreos and juice! *pout*
They let you sit there for 45 minutes? Here they generally just unhook you after about 15-20 minutes.

How much do you have to give in a donation over there?

Bliss

One of those little plastic baggies... *shrug* Enough to save three lives?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

MusicNeverDies

*snicker* Same. Our bags just got a bit bigger, was ... 585, and is now 610..... I don't know what measurement that is though. 

Will

Maybe milliliters...?

I've never had soup, either. :(  Nutter-butters and coke, usually.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

MusicNeverDies

Wow. I'm suddenly really proud of Canadian Blood Services, and their food. xP

*eyes Donor card and starts fidgeting for the 28th of January*