Breeding Grounds Warfare [IC Live][d10(0)]{Open, Always}

Started by Jezabelle, March 25, 2016, 06:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeviantMunster

Godbound looked interesting. But it does seem to suffer the similar DnD issue with attributes, scaling every 2 points (why?) and... for a very strange reason it decided to make 18 a +3 instead of +4. Hrm.

Doesn't seem half bad though. But I'm also familiar with Warhammer. Played a little Dark Heresy. Though watch out for blowing up your limbs.

Knarfy

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 25, 2016, 11:43:56 PM
Godbound looked interesting. But it does seem to suffer the similar DnD issue with attributes, scaling every 2 points (why?) and... for a very strange reason it decided to make 18 a +3 instead of +4. Hrm.

I think this is due to it pulling from OLD old D&D mechanics. I believe that the linear 'attribute bonus = attribute - 10 / 2 round down' thing is a development of 3rd edition. I'm honestly not familiar enough with 1st and 2nd edition to say for certain though :P
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

DeviantMunster

True, true. But I think 2nd edition worked the same way.

I just never understood why putting 1 point into something, couldn't give you a +1 bonus. You could still have stats start off naturally higher, if necessary, if certain enemies were supposed to be 'dumb' or the like.

Just something I never did like in DnD. A very odd thing!

Faeli

I don't mean to seem rude, but can you guys please let this thread be about this game?  I am pretty sure the GM said she found Godbound too rules-heavy for her game, but yet the most recent four posts are about it.

Autocad

Interest and rolling for stats! Here's my roll, may the RNGoddess smile upon me!

WS | BS | S | T | Ag | Int | WP | Fel
36 | 29 | 33| 37| 27 | 25  | 31 | 40

This is... wow, it's the stereotypical big stupid fighter who's still the party leader and gets a harem out of no personal effort like an anime protag!

Since breeding is playing a big part, what's the ruling on futa?

DeviantMunster

*blinks* Welp. There's the reason why I hold up point buy!
But good job, those are fancy points. I'll roll in a moment too, I think.

Edit!: Oops, hold on. She said 20 + 1d10, but with racial changes where it could have 30 +1d10 and 10+1d10. *tilts head* Maybe that's why it's a pointbuy of 35.

Knarfy

Quote from: Faeli on March 25, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
I don't mean to seem rude, but can you guys please let this thread be about this game?  I am pretty sure the GM said she found Godbound too rules-heavy for her game, but yet the most recent four posts are about it.

No offense taken :)

I was having kind of the same thought myself. I think that in the end I shall resist the siren call of the fantastic pitch for this game and avoid over-committing myself. Best wishes!
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Autocad

DeviantMunster

Think the 1d10, given it's 35 point buy. Otherwise it'd be way higher, like 70!
Those were good rolls though, so what's done is done. I, however, got... I think...

9, 8, 9, 8, 4, 7, 2, 10. I think. Maybe. Regardless!

Edit: Aha, that's how you link it.

At 2016-03-26 00:56:13, DeviantMunster (uid: 8861) rolls: 8d10 Result: 57

Faeli

Oh dear, I definitely did the 2d10 like it said in the other thread :-/

DeviantMunster

Name: Nephele Airgetlám
Race: Elf
Racial Description: Elves exist in many a world, many possessing a number of different ofshoots and cultures causing a good deal of friction between them. Yet all share similar traits - from their longevity, delicate builds, and attunement to nature.

Backstory:
Nephele Airgetlám was born years ago to one of the many Vigilance owned worlds, a wood elf to one of the Elven clans. Her mother had been a slave, taken during the wars in the Otherrealm, an elf herself that had been repurposed for the explicit nature of breeding. Luckily for Nephele, she took after her father far more than her shapely mother allowing for her to be accepted and trained for the purposes of battle. She was formally 'adopted' by her father's clan (elves being far, far pickier than other races) and spent a great deal of her childhood learning and desperately trying to prove herself over her piers. Elves being what they are, the stigma of being born from a slave and barely escaping the fate of ending up a breeder followed her through most of her life.

She's sworn herself to the Vigilance, her desire to prove herself (and escape her haughty family) driving her. Distance and war have allowed her to find a sense of peace, strangely enough, and purpose despite the lofty expectations hanging over her head. Despite her skills, however, she's fairly new to battling others in true confrontation, her abilities honed to near perfection by her family as opposed to experience.

I apologize for the fairly... generic bio! I'll more than likely revamp it once more information regarding the setting and other groups is formed!

Proposed race adjustments? Lowered strength, increased agility?
WS  |  BS  |  S  |  T  |  Ag  |  Int  |  WP  |  Fel
27   |   29  | 24 | 28|  30  |   22  |   28   |  29

Wounds: 12
Insanity Points: 0

Inventory: Hmmmmm~
Equipped: Hm hmm!

Kinda lackluster, I know! Anyway, can't wait to see the system fleshed out more. And the kind of abilities people pick up - could get a lotta flashy ones!

Zaer Darkwail

I recall you can use point buy or use rolls. But any rolls must be send on GM's roll ID. Anycase I went with rolling stuff, racially zerg have no ballistic skills (their all about melee engagement usually but some ones can have projectile skills but then lack in toughness department then as trade off). So 0 ballistic skill base (just rolled) and both strenght and toughness got +10. Anycase below first comes the 'fluff' of the faction (and other name than zerg introduced :P).

Xorians
Xorians are one curious alien race which was exact discovery is unknown but very first Xorian infection was reported to have occured at 2,000 years ago according one Xorian infested planet's database which was miraclously still functional. Xorians have been most aggressive and volatile faction across all other factions, there has been (suicidal) attempts to negotiate with the race but with Xoriens you cannot negotiate with for several reasons; most Xorians are instinct driven, no more than animals in basic inteligence. Then those who show inteligence consider themselves above all other races in galaxy and thus 'negotiations' which is based on talks between equals is unknown notion for them. Only form of negotiation is how much other makes it easy to invade and be assimilated by Xorians to join the brood swarms. If done willingly they do not kill anyone nor destroy buildings. But that's it really.

Xorians as race has been lenghty studies as main reason is that Xorians rapidly evolve and change based on environment and also species they assimilate to their ranks. They can assimilate any biological race as part of the brood, using any ideal and best genetical aspects of any race, remove any faulty ones to replace with their own superior genetics. Assimilation process is mutagenetic process where they forcibly inject their warping biomass upon vessel, let the biomass start infect and warp biological matter in the victim. The rapidity of the change depend on frequency biomass is injected and also individual resistance to warping changes but so far there has been no case of immunity.

Also there is process where victims have been dipped down to acidic ooze where their entire bodies are melted down to spare parts and then rebuild anew in this acidic breeding pits where they are not merely improved but created something anew from new cloth. These breeding pits have resulted to most individual and powerful Xorian members which most succesful ones can ascend to heights of Overlords, Xorians who govern over other Xorians through psychic link.

Xorians may lack in industrial matters or technology and are incapable using technology, but in biological warfare and manner to adapt to any situation or environment is truly frigthening as is their ability to convert any soldiers from any factions as their own slaves or soldiers who provide inteligence to the host. Also let's not forget their psychic powers which covers many aspects what traditional technology could produce (like long distance space communication or space travel and navigation). Xorians are universally labelled as faction of 'invading alien monsters' who raid worlds for biomass and infect and corrupt worlds to become their own breeding grounds. What purpose? None other than just spread and consume more biomass, evolve more and grow more powerful. Xorians are obsessed in evolving, growing stronger and consuming biomass. In short species or foes which they do not plan convert they plainly eat and gain properties of the consumed being.

This also results in one their weaknesses if any; if more than one overlord attacks a planet they often fight against each other as their shared enemies. As Xorians can attack each other and consume biomass from other Xorian to get most benefit and greatest boost in evolution and growth in power. So two overlords who run their own xorian hosts may seek evolve their own host by consuming other host. So in this way Xorians are not united at all and act more in individual interest and grasps for power than by any united council or by single leader. Which also is their strenght; as if there would be council or single leader, the Xorian host could be crippled with single tactical strike. But you cannot, Xorians spread, breed rapidly and evolve rapidly and are hard to keep track off.

So for these reason most cases factions could hold temporal cease fire in case of Xorian invasion.....as no faction alone can face the Xorian threat alone and survive.

Name: Clyde, a.c.a King of Blights
Race: Xorian (originally human)
Racial Description: (besides above) All Xorians start +10 extra to toughness and +10 to either strenght, agility or will power depending on their role/species, but they lack ballistic skill (starting from 0). Some Xorians opt for ballistic skill to small extend, but they trade off toughness bonus for it (so ballistic is base 10 while toughness remains in default value).

Backstory: Clyde was originally a human Vigilance psy-corps commander; Clyde Valande. He had been since early age been highly powerful psychic who had so much power he could not control it in young fragile age, resulting in devastating deaths to both his parents when his psychic powers first time manifested and flattened a city block in his psychic rampage before he was knocked out. So he was recruited to psy-corps where his mentors as group placed psychic locks to seal most of the destructive amount of the power but leave still very potent amount of it on his disposal. He was talented, devoted and idealistic, so he rapidly rised in ranks in psy-corps to become a commander in Vigilance military and hold 'seer', prestigious rank in psy-corps. However by internal conflict in psy-corps (suspicion for corruption and abuse of psionic powers for personal gain which all were highly illegal and reason why psychic children are early on recruited or indoctrinated to Vigilance troops), Clyde was cornered by psychics who were part of the conspiracy in using their psychic powers to lure Xorian host, massive one, at the very city planet world where Clyde was stationed for time being. Also thanks psy-corps manipulations they deafened any cries for help from reaching rest Vigilance military....resulting entire planet world become infected and corrupted by Xorians. Presumingly Clyde classified dead.

But he was not, the Xorian evolution experts sensed great psychic potential in him which was held behind several tight psychic locks. As means to 'unlock' the said potential they threw Clyde to one their breeding pits and let the evolution take it's course. They applied a slain overlord's remains (which were not consumed by their overlord) into pit as well along with other psychic strong xorian species. It resulted in birth of powerful xorian psychic who later would evolve to become overlord, eat the parent overlord who had thrown him into breeding pits and taken over the host which destroyed the planet he was guarding and start launch a merciless single minded crusade against Vigilance, especially on worlds with plenty potential psychic potential. Become labelled as King of Bligths, as he always ensured manner leaves wasted worlds which are no worth no longer saving expect nuked from the orbit.

WSBS  |  S  |  T  |  Ag  |  IntWP  |  Fel
32  |  12  | 31  | 45  |  35  |  34   |  42  |  32

Wounds: 15
Insanity Points: 0

Inventory: (will discuss in pm)
Equipped: (same)

Unique Attributes

• Psychic Commander:  An important leader in the Xorian race and able to telepathically direct the swarm on the battlefield, the King of Blights may summons mooks to his aide as a base +10 Willpower check half-action.  If he is distracted this may go down to +0 and if badly wounded/distracted badly it may go down to -10 or -20.

DeviantMunster

Suppose everyone's doing the double rolls, hm?

Edit: Still though, fairly interesting number of characters!

Jezabelle

Shiiit I'm an idiot.

I said 1d10 here rather than 2d10.

If you rolled a character with 1d10, you can shore it up with 16 extra points where you will or reroll.  Really sorry about dropping the ball like that guys.

Yes, PM me, I should've PM'd you but have spent most of my time today trying to find someplace iCan sit without my back hurting.

Autocad

Yay! Also,

QuoteSince breeding is playing a big part, what's the ruling on futa?

Jezabelle

Quote from: Faeli on March 25, 2016, 11:59:00 PM

Thanks, Faeli.  To be explicit this isn't a God bound game and, in the most polite way possible, discussion of this (admittedly very interesting) system can be taken elsewhere.

Quote from: Autocad on March 26, 2016, 10:08:16 AM
-

Futa is neat.  Hopefully with the understanding of OOC consent we can avoid people who don't dig it getting rubbed the wrong way.

As for their roll in breeding I'd assume they can get people knocked up but not get knocked up themselves.

Jezabelle

Quote from: DeviantMunster on March 26, 2016, 01:17:43 AM
Think the 1d10, given it's 35 point buy. Otherwise it'd be way higher, like 70!
Those were good rolls though, so what's done is done. I, however, got... I think...

9, 8, 9, 8, 4, 7, 2, 10. I think. Maybe. Regardless!

Edit: Aha, that's how you link it.

At 2016-03-26 00:56:13, DeviantMunster (uid: 8861) rolls: 8d10 Result: 57

This is a valid point about the PB, I must have calc'd it based on a single d10.  I'd say 65 is fair.  If you've already pb'd feel free to pb up to that.

scribus1000

Looks interesting and right up my alley of interest. Bookmarking and following its development.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Angie

I'm kinda waffling on this one-I both want in, and yet I'm not sure. So for now, I'm going to say I'm interested, but not jumping in
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Jezabelle

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 27, 2016, 12:12:32 AM
I'm kinda waffling on this one-I both want in, and yet I'm not sure. So for now, I'm going to say I'm interested, but not jumping in

Glad to have your p'interest.  Shoot me a PM\post here if you have any questions or input on how things are planned to go\how they could optimally go for an improved experience, etc.

Angie

Jezabelle

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 27, 2016, 12:32:10 AM
I'm kinda curious-would futanari be allowed in this setting?

Suretainly.  We have another player who is I think at least kind of interested in playing around with a futa, and I'm not anti.  If people have such individuals as hard limits, well, they don't need to have their character bump uglies with yours--OOC consent is pretty important in anything, but especially here as the group grows.  Quick glance at O\O RP.Pref usually gives the gist of people's feelings.

I assume you'd like to be able to inseminate but not be inseminated?  I'm fine with any combination thereof, just cock-only futa are most common and thus generally assumed--I'd probably give such a character a UA explaining it, or we could have it in the racial description if s\he's, say, from a race of futa.

Angie

The ones I run tend to be able to do both, but I could create a race that has a clear division between who fucks and who gets fucked (to make it as crude and lewd as possible). Now I'm actually thinking, but you probably won't hear anything from me until tomorrow afternoon :P

Jezabelle

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 27, 2016, 12:40:39 AM
The ones I run tend to be able to do both, but I could create a race that has a clear division between who fucks and who gets fucked (to make it as crude and lewd as possible). Now I'm actually thinking, but you probably won't hear anything from me until tomorrow afternoon :P

However you'd like them is fine    XD

In more general news, there's a worldbuilding thread!  With lotsah stuff in it!  Feel free to post ideas or ask questions about the setting there, will be incorporating.