News:

Main Menu

Ryse

Started by Sabby, June 07, 2011, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Okay, when Nintendo Wii came out, what was your first thought? If it was anything other then "I wanna fuck someone up!" then you were probably not phased at all that it took them a year of dicking around with totally non-violent gimmicky time wasters before they took an actual decent crack at giving you motion controlled ass kicking. And they still haven't nailed it yet.

So when the Kinect came out, what was your first thought? If you were like me and pretty much everyone else who got snubbed by the Nintendo Wii, you had exactly the same thoughts involving people, your fists, and the many ways to bring them together, possibly involving sharp things as well. And like the Wii, it didn't happen...

UNTIL NOW! =D

E3 2011: Ryse

No more jerking us around with volleyball and Kinectimals, its finally time to break some skulls!

Callie Del Noire

The head butt was cool :D

Sabby

It'll be murder on my neck, and the kicking is guna take a bit to get used to, but I'm saving for a bigger TV screen and rearranging my lounge room just for this game :)

Caeli

That game looks pretty awesome. ;D
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Inkidu

I didn't see this one and I'm pretty video'd out today, but if it's anything like the Star Wars Kinect I can write off ever getting one. That thing was so dodgy, slow, and boring.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Nah man, it's clearly a CGI trailer, but it shows off some of the gameplay we could expect. No telling if the actual game will work like the trailer, but that's CGI for ya.

And yeah, I saw the Star Wars Kinect playthrough... I dunno what was more boring, that or Duke Nukem Forever.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on June 07, 2011, 09:23:29 PM
Nah man, it's clearly a CGI trailer, but it shows off some of the gameplay we could expect. No telling if the actual game will work like the trailer, but that's CGI for ya.

And yeah, I saw the Star Wars Kinect playthrough... I dunno what was more boring, that or Duke Nukem Forever.
I've learned not to trust yon CGI sorcery. If two CGI cut-scenes had a child Peter M. would be that child.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

If they actually make the gameplay that interesting, I will be getting one. It is that simple.

Erani589

Looks promising...I'll be interested to hear if it holds up to it's hype after it comes out...

Sabby

The biggest problem with the Kinect is... kind of hard to get around. Its 'buttonless gaming'. Theres a lot they can do with the voice recognition, face mapping, body movement, but... without buttons, making conventional video games is going to be hard without a control stick for movement. Theres a reason its only had party games and on rails shooters.

I'm sure they COULD work out a traditional game, like Fable 3 or Halo or whatever without resorted to retarded stuff like 'lean left to move left' but like the Wii, they may decide its just easier to play it safe and stick to the cash cow sports compilations.

SinfulAngel

Whether or not they decide to do that is find. I however can't wait till payday! I do believe I am going to buy that game. I just got an Xbox 360 with kinect YESTERDAY!

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

Sabby

Doubt you'll be playing it any time soon.

SinfulAngel

Playing the Xbox? or Ryse?

I've already played the xbox. I came to the conclusion I royally blow at L4d2 on console. Im suck a computer gamer, it took me awhile to figure out the controls.

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17

Sabby

Ryse. Thats a trailer from E3, a launch one too, so the game has only just now popped up on the radar. We probably won't even see real gameplay for a few months, let alone get to try it.

SinfulAngel

*Dramatically gasps*

Soooo not fair!!

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17

Shjade

Quote from: Sabby on June 22, 2011, 02:52:46 PM
The biggest problem with the Kinect is... kind of hard to get around. Its 'buttonless gaming'. Theres a lot they can do with the voice recognition, face mapping, body movement, but... without buttons, making conventional video games is going to be hard without a control stick for movement. Theres a reason its only had party games and on rails shooters.

I'm sure they COULD work out a traditional game, like Fable 3 or Halo or whatever without resorted to retarded stuff like 'lean left to move left' but like the Wii, they may decide its just easier to play it safe and stick to the cash cow sports compilations.
My first thought for ease of movement: proximity-based movement controls. As in, when you start up the game, it takes a read on where you're standing as "stationary." Take a half-step forward and stay there to be in the "walk forward" position, or a full step to be in "run forward;" the game keeps you walking/running until you step back to "stationary" again. Seems easier than leaning in that direction as long as you want to move that way.

Close quarters acrobatic movement is still a problem, though, since your character would only be as athletic as the player when it comes to how fast you can strafe and dodge using that kind of movement system, which kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game involving a character who's supposed to be much more capable than you are, ne?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.