Darkest Desires - Good enough to sink your teeth into...

Started by Esoteric Myobi, March 01, 2010, 02:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esoteric Myobi

Centuries ago, there were hundreds of vampire clans. A race that was as proud as it was bloodthirsty, war broke out amongst the clans and the smaller and weaker groups were quickly eliminated. No one can say for certain just what exactly sparked the fighting, but all agree that it had been a thirst for power. Greed.

Green and fertile lands quickly changed drastically into nothing but mere wasteland. The tainted blood of vampires, their ashes covering the land as well as dirtying the sky. So much bloodshed and death that their previous homeland was practically unrecognizable. Blue skies were nothing more than a memory as a gray haze forever colored the horizon at all times of day.

Eventually, with the reason behind their fighting forgotten, continuing to take up arms seemed meaningless. Wanting to maintain and preserve those that remained of royal blood - the original full blooded vampires - peace was settled uneasily as groups banded together to protect their royalty.

Unbeknownst to the rest, three clans – their leaders all from the original bloodline – gathered and plotted together to destroy the others in one last frenzy. Their goal - to exterminate the other pure-bloods and rule over their kind together. Or so they agreed upon outwardly, inwardly the trio wished for nothing more than the unfortunate death of the other two.

Having formed their pact, the three clans gathered their members and raised arms once again, marching against the other clans. As for the other clans, most had been decimated and left with only a few straggling members, others were slowly recovering, and all had laid down their arms under the naive mindset that all was well and peaceful once again. How wrong they were. Taken off-guard, all other branches were brutally slaughtered...save for one.

The leader of this particular clan was led by a female, a necessity for the other three if they wanted to continue a pure family line. She was headstrong and rebellious, following her own beliefs…nothing but a nuisance to the other three. Unfortunately for her, she had already given birth to a daughter, and thus had lost any hope of being deemed useful by the trio. Pure-blooded vampires were able to reproduce, however the females were only able to give birth to one child. As for those who had been turned, they were not able to have children of their own, only being able to 'turn' others as well by sharing a bit of their own blood with their recently drained victims.

With her mother killed before her eyes and the rest of her clan practically wiped out, the young daughter left behind claimed her rightful legacy. Being merely a child, the trio had no use for her as of yet, nothing more than a mere pawn in the palm of their hands.

It is now the year 2010, countless years have passed and the girl has blossomed into a young woman. During the time that had passed, the trio had maintained their positions as equal 'Kings' of the vampires, while she herself had unofficially become the 'Queen'. Her clan, one of the remaining four, has grown significantly and become a small empire. Her people as well as her supporters have grown with time as well. Werewolves, who had once been seen as an eternal enemy to the vampires, were now a separate faction within her clan, serving as skilled soldiers, taking on the most daunting of tasks, and the most skilled were assigned as her own personal squadron. It may have taken several decades to come to an understanding with the wolves, but it had been worth the effort.

Out of the elite squad, one was recently appointed as her guard and rumors say that they are practically inseparable. Some fancy that they are lovers, while others stick to the safer assumption that they are the best of friends. Neither of them ever show more than what their roles require of them in the public eye, but their feelings towards each other are more than just admiration and respect.

Now that she has become a woman, the trio has returned. It is time for her to choose a groom and none will return to their own lands until she has been wedded. Who will she be betrothed to? Will she be able to marry one of the men who had killed so many…including her own beloved mother? Or will she be able to keep them at bay while still protecting her own life and people? Maybe an entirely new path will be tread upon…the forbidden path of falling in love with a species that had so long been seen as beneath them? But will they be able to overcome the many ordeals that await them?

Just a few notes that should be taken by those who may be interested:
  • This will not be a first come first serve basis. Characters will be approved and I will be looking for players with a certain level of literacy as well as consistency when it comes to posting. Also, asking that players provide enough in a post that will give others plenty to work with in response. It's quite difficult to make something out of nothing after all. =)
  • While everyone has muse issues and reality calls insistently from time to time, this is fine as long as other players are given a heads up ahead of time when extended absences are to be expected.
  • This will not be a fast paced game, if anything players probably should not expect to receive a response a day. Instead a gap of two to three days can be the norm, though after a week or two of nothing (as in no post, no OOC, and no PM answers) then that will probably be a problem. So if you know you are one who is a bit on the impatient side, this may not be the group for you. Or if you know that you tend to go AWOL or MIA quite often, then this may become a burden to others.
Although set in the modern times, I would like the setting to be a bit more...what's the word?...Classy. When needed anyway. Vampires are sensual creatures so of course in certain sections of the city it can be rather smutty, while others are more elegant and regal. Then again, this is something that tends to apply to all places so I'm sure we have the general idea.

As you can see from the brief history, there are probably five main characters overall. Of course, this doesn't mean that this game is only limited to five characters only. Each 'clan' can have their own followers, loyal or not, though these followers will all undoubtedly be 'turned' vampires due to there only being four 'pure-blooded' remaining.

When it comes to the actual storyline of what will happen what will not, I think it really all depends on what kind of characters are made. Maybe the daughter really does fall in love with her canine bodyguard? Maybe she suffers through Stockholme's Syndrome and eventually finds herself falling in love with one of the trio? Or maybe the trio decide that she is no longer of use, or is too much of a hassle now, and decide to just dispose of her completely? Plenty of scenarios that can play out, several paths this can go down, and of course I am open to hearing them all.

---------------------Race Description and Abilities-------------------------

Vampires - Masters and Turned

The four remaining pure-blood vampires can technically be seen as 'Kings' and 'Queens' of their kind. Being 100% vampires, their powers and abilities are stronger than the rest. When a vampire drains a human and lets that human drink their own blood, that human becomes a Turned, basically made into a vampire. This results in a Master/Turned relationship. Turned must obey their Master, they find it very difficult not to do so and almost impossible to disobey one of their rulers. If a Turned changes another Human, they would become the Master of said Human though this particular Human would be weaker as well. This results in a large chain of Master/Turned relationships with the powers and abilities becoming weaker the further it goes, or the more Turned a Master has. To keep abilities strong and more prominent for both, it may be wiser to restrict a Master to only one or two Turned.

Since we are going with traditional lore, vampires cannot be exposed to sunlight (cancer overkill?). A stake through the heart (or just something that literally decimated the heart) will also mean death. Garlic is a nuisance, and anything holy can be agitating, or if powerful enough can temporarily nullify their abilities.

Note: When it comes to abilities, I am thinking that characters with a Master/Turned relationship can choose one of the following as their shared ability due to their bond (though of course, it will be weaker) and the Turned can choose another ability as their own unique skill. Masters are allowed to choose two unique abilities. Underlined abilities apply to all Master/Turned and thus are exempt from the list of choices since it is assumed that all will have these abilities. Bolded abilities are the powers available to be chosen as a unique ability.:

• Location Sense - able to know where the other is at all times...maybe not exactly where, but seem to know by intuition.
  • Superhuman - Turned are faster, stronger...harder, better...-cough-...couldn't resist.
  • Glamor - a vampire's natural charm, when used it can 'persuade' others to do their bidding though only for a short while. Depending on the distance between the victim and the vampire it drains more energy, also the more complex the task the more energy needed. Also on a time restraint, aka longer equals more energy. This skill can only be used on humans, it has no effect on other vampires and werewolves.
  • Minor Ability - some Masters may have their own special abilities, this is passed on in a minor form to the Turned. Since Masters are allowed two unique abilities, Turned may choose one of the two as their Minor Ability.
  • Empathy - able to feel other's emotions...pain/pleasure/etc...think telepathy for emotions? Similar to telepathy the clarity of the emotions fade with distance, it is the clearest when touching.
  • Limited Telepathy - able to see brief images and flickers of another's thoughts/mind, also able to communicate through the mind though only at a certain distance. Both of these are under a time restraint and cannot be used frequently due to the amount of energy it requires.
  • Precognition - able to catch glimpses of the future. This ability is sporadic and quite limited. Due to an ever-changing future, what is seen is that person's own interpretation of what will happen...meaning it may not necessarily happen.
  • 'Flight' - no, you cannot fly like Superman, but you can leap ridiculously high distances or jump down great heights and be unharmed. For example, don't try to jump off of the Empire State Building if you want to commit suicide because you'll be disappointed.
  • Invisibility - able to meld into surroundings (like a chameleon) for short amounts of time. As with all other abilities this will also drain energy depending on how visible you are (full body vs a hand) and how long.
  • Telekinesis - able to move objects with your mind. Farther and heavier the object is, more energy it consumes.
  • Illusion - similar to 'mind bending', this skill can twist what a person sees/perceives. Illusions are strongest when used on only one person, the maximum amount of people it can affect at a time is three though this is at its weakest due to being spread so thin and can be easily broken or seen through.
Werewolves

The werewolves, as suggested by Aether, basically follow the usual tales. Since he had given such a nice description below, I'm just going to repeat him here (hope you don't mind Aether). They are pretty much superhuman and immortal like the vampires, however their senses are also much more sensitive. Along with a quick regeneration time (should take a day at least for something really fatal), being immune to diseases, and as well as being allergic to silver in all its forms.

A bit of information of the wolves that will be in play for this game: While there are probably several clans for the werewolves, we are limiting it to just the clan that serves the Altare. Since these would be playing as skilled fighters and protectors, sworn in to serve the Altare 'Queen', I see them as a very proud clan. Basically a clan that would not want to contaminate their numbers with a 'half-breed', or someone they had turned. Thus, the wolves of the Gangrel clan will not be biting anyone with the intent to change them or add to their numbers in that way. Being a pure-blooded clan, they all have the distinct feature of being black and silver backed wolves. Although each can have their own unique feature, being pure black save for a streak of silver is what keeps them distinct from the other clans.

Depending on how often players shift their werewolf characters, I may or may not be putting a limit to the amount of times it can be used in a day. However, whenever a were switches forms, it will take them a minute (or more if seriously injured) and during this time they are vulnerable to all attacks since they are busily concentrating on "I wish I were a wolf, I wish I were a wolf, I wish I were a wolf.." (Just had to put a bit of humor in here... :-))

Humans

As for the humans in this game, they co-exist with the vampires and werewolves, living in ignorance of the affairs of the night. Although most vampires do not openly hunt, some do. Whether it be due to a truly desperate need for blood or just done for the thrill, only they can say. It is frowned upon by the rest of the clans but the troublemakers are everywhere. Sometimes, a choice human is kept as a 'pet' of sorts for the vampire. A vampire with the right amount of control can literally have their own feed at their side for years (until boredom or some other offense occurs) due to their being able to bite and drink from a human (not draining) and thus getting a meal without turning the human. Besides humans being seen as nothing more than a fresh meal, they are also used as sex objects. Some humans who are knowledgeable about the clans either fear them and rebel against them, or want to be one of them. These willing subjects are kept around until they are no longer useful. The few who are lucky enough may find themselves Turned. Those who are unlucky become nothing more than a corpse.

The Fangless

Turned vampires who had taken it upon themselves to remove their fangs. They still drink blood, they just removed their instinct to hunt and feed and transmit their virus. These Turned are vampires who are trying to keep their humanity, clinging to a past that they can never return to. Having removed the symbol of their new life in the shadows, the Fangless are scorned by most other vampires and had been forced to lead lives of exile. Unable to transmit the virus, they cannot Turn other humans. Also, not having fangs, they cannot bite another human in general and drain them the way that all other vampires are able. This means they are unable to drink 'fresh' blood unless it was bled from a cut. (Drink from a cup? No biting and sucking.)

---------------------Character Profiles-------------------------

Name:
Race: (Vamp - pure/turned/fangless, Wolf, Human)
Clan: (Ravnos, Malkavian, Brujah, Altare, Gangrel)
Station: (what do you do in your clan? what purpose do you serve?)
Weapons/Abilities: (We will be playing a free-form game, there is no particular system to be followed so things such as turns and stats do not need to be applied. Just keep in mind that since we are playing without any particular rules, abilities cannot be overpowered and try to limit yourself reasonably. Such as if a powerful attack was just executed you cannot possibly do the same a second later, and so on and so forth. If people end up dying in battle please work it out over PMs first so that the scene will be epic. ;D Let's try to keep the number of abilities limited to two (Everyone has immortality and are superhuman. 'Masters' are allowed two unique abilities, 'Turned' are allowed one unique ability and they can choose one of their Master's unique abilities for their 'Minor Ability'). As for actual weapons, no more than two. Hope this keeps things fair for everyone.)
Appearance: (Don't feel pressured into having to find a picture, if you want to just type out a description that is more than welcome if not preferred.)
Personality:
Biography:

---------------Positions------------------

This section will be updated as the spots are filled so please check back from time to time to see which spots are filled and which are still open. I will fill in the positions after they have been looked over and approved by me. Unfortunately, this will not be first come first serve. Instead, I will be looking for a certain level of literacy as well as a somewhat regular posting rate. This game will not be fast-paced in any way so don't expect more than one post a day at most from other players. Everyone can get caught up in life or be having muse issues and I hope everyone can respect that and give each other time to respond. :-)

Note: I'm just picking out a few random names to help represent the different clans and factions. Feel free to change them if you'd like. Of course, each clan and their members would have a differing function. Also, for the werewolf clans there are probably several different factions however I'm only listing one which would basically be that of the squadron loyal to the 'Queen'.

Trio (Kings):
Ravnos 'King': Aleksey Desaad - Dark Clown
Ravnos Coven members: Sonja Eriksson - Lady Kitsune, Adelaide d’Harcourt - Malina

Malkavian 'King': Jovanus Malkavian - PeacethatPowerbrings
Malkavian Coven members: Pearl - Jellineck

Brujah 'King': Xavier Devar - Xanatos
Brujah Coven members: Danica - Xanatos

Altare 'Queen': Arina Altare - Esoteric Myobi
Altare Coven members: Cara (O'Connor) Altare - Cassiopeia, Lucco Bright - Shihong

Werewolf (Elite Squad): Gangrel
Gangrel Pack members: Torulf (pack leader/bodyguard) - Aether

Humans:
Lucian Crowley - TheHangedMan, Logan Bale - Bluerhythms, Jellineck - Colin Flaherty

Any questions that need to be answered or issues that need clarification feel free to post them here or PM me and I will gladly answer to the best of my ability. =)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aether

*waves*

I would like to play the body guard assigned to the Queen Altare.

Myobi, if these characteristics are okay with you, feel free to use them or use them as a jumping off point for your own format.

Grangel is a perfect clan name, lets set that in stone, if we could please.

Also, these will be black and silver backed werewolves.  Theirs is a pure bloodline, weres are bread and born.  They do not believe in diluting their ranks with half breeds, therefore they kill any they bite.  They will initially not be limited to a number of shifts per day as determined by the uses of other players within this thread.  If it is over abused, then there will be limits enforced.  A were takes a minute to change from either form.  During this minute, they are 100 percent vulnerable, as they can not do anything but focus on their transition.  Standard were lore applies here.  Fast, strength, super senses, day long regeneration for major injuries, disease immunity, allergic to silver.

I will post a sheet after I get some sleep  ~.~

Esoteric Myobi

Thank you for the interest, both of you! I was actually starting to think that no one wanted to play ^^; So very glad to see someone biting! =)

Just as a heads up, I've added a bit more detail into the first post. Added more abilities as well as (hopefully) a more detailed explanation of how the powers will work and how they will be handed down, etc. Along with some more information on the races in general.

Jellineck, your profile is looking good so far. I think that before you can decide on what your 'shared' ability will be, you will have to wait and see who else decides to come play and from there you can work out with other players who you would like your 'Master' to be.

One thing is that you may want to see the 'empathy' ability I had listed above. I tried to specify abilities and the like in order to keep characters from becoming overpowered and godmodding (or just any complaints about either).

Any questions, comments, suggestion, etc feel free to ask~

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

You know I am in as your right hand vamp My ;) Just need to collabs with you a bit >.> This looks so fun.

Xanatos

Name: Xavier Devar
Age: Elder Vampire, one of the oldest; he does not speak of his age.
Race: Vampire (Pure Blood)
Clan: Brujah
Station: King

Appearance: Xavier stands at 5'10" and sports an eternally sculpted body. Nothing about his physical aspects are over the top, seemingly a mix of average and exceptional.

Clothing is something Xavier loves, wearing leather, cotton T-shirts, dress pants, shirts unbuttoned, and more. Everything he wears only accentuates his mystique, his wild side. Even the more normally 'sedate' clothing conforms to his attitude.

Personality: Xavier is not the typical aristocratic vampire, sipping his blood from a chalice of some sort, no he prefers it straight from his victim fresh and warm dripping down his lips, chin, neck, and chest. Unlike many pure bloods who make themselves out to be higher than thou and hold themselves in the greatest light, having arrogance and egos to match, Xavier does not, so to speak. He is more concerned with other things than trying to impress others. He is a down to business kind of guy and burns the bush any others are dancing around.

He takes all things seriously and his sense of humor is dark, most of the time; he has been known to find more light hearted humor funny from time to time, shocking those around him who know him well enough. Very little escapes his notice and this is considered one of his strongest suits as it has allowed him to lead quite well.

The biggest part from where he departs is his starkly contrasting almost feral like behavior. Able to remain civil when needed, Xavier turns to his rather animalistic side when he is not needed to 'behave'. Even then, he can be quite unsettling and menacing if he feels like it.

Many see him as insane, crazy, nothing but an animal, as a risk, some see that he is a smart man with a strange twisted side.

Weapons/Abilities: 'Invisibility', 'Flight'.

(I plan on adding more to his Bio, just posting this to show I am making one.)
Biography: Xavier was born to pureblood parents, long ago. He does not speak of them often, if at all and nor does he speak of his age much either; suffice it to say he is old and his power proves it. Few who still live know much of his parents, if anything, as so few older vampires live. This is the way Xavier seems to like it.

Brujah have always been known to be more sensational and rowdy but Xavier was even more so than others of his clan. Since his past is mostly a mystery it is not known if he was always like he is now or if he became worse with time.

What is known is he survived his pureblood parents and at some point became King, before the last great war which destroyed most of the vampire clans. His rule has been marked by a hard line attitude that, however, leaves enough room to breath. His vampires see him as a solid yet possibly unstable ruler, though most recognize his ability to lead never the less. Some just wish he was more civil all the time; he has been known to act quite 'mad' while in full capacity. This actually being just another of his ways to have fun.

Name: Danica
Race: Vampire (Turned)
Clan: Brujah
Station: Serves as the slave/mistress to Xavier, multipurpose (torturer, courier, etc)

Appearance: Danica is average height for a woman, 5'6", and her body is a little above average. Her bosom is not draw dropping but yet it is still very attractive and salacious, full to the touch, as is the rest of her lithe body.

Danica in her daily life tends to be denied clothing, at least when kept by Xavier; she tends to be naked or wearing tattered, ripped, clothing. When out and about, she likes to wear loose dresses, skirts, shawls, loose fitting pants (no jeans), and a few other items.

Personality: Danica is just like her master; he made her that way. She was abused and traumatized twisting and bending her mind to become what she is now. Xavier purposefully broke her spirit and almost her mind to create a pet which he could thoroughly enjoy. Danica is vicious, feisty, wild at times, and a bit rebellious. At the same time she hates and loves her master.

He is her all which endears her to him yet his treatment can be so rough and at times cruel it creates seething anger hot like a solar flare inside of her, causing tears to shed as she knows she cannot lash out to harm him or kill him. The worse she can do is claw and kick while he uses her body for his own twisted pleasure. Sometimes she enjoys the abuse, other times she loathes it.

Despite being 'chained' to Xavier, she is still an independent and free spirited woman finding her fun where she can when not under foot of her master. She enjoys using her vampiric powers to gain pleasure of some sort or another. She enjoys prowling about in night clubs, seducing men or women, dancing, drinking, and so forth; she is open to many sorts of fun. Like Xavier, though, she tends to be more animalistic or crazed than normal so many unfortunate humans find themselves thoroughly ravaged by her feral desires. One of her favorite things to do is smear blood over her body, and then lick it off; this sometimes is her own blood.

Weapons/Abilities: 'Flight', 'Invisibility” (weaker ability)

Biography: Danica was more or less the normal college student living her life as best she could. Nothing really caught her attention other than her studies. Her beauty was somewhat hidden by her uncaring attitude when it came to fashion or makeup. However, her looks were seen for what they were by a man who watched her intently for months, studying her every behavior and mannerism. He had decided to see if she was the perfect choice for his next pet.

She was so normal, so reserved and almost perfect he had to have to see, and once he knew, had to have her. Danica for her part was totally unaware, then again no mortal would have even noticed the ancient man who stalked her from the shadows or in plain sight.

Soon the 'end' came, so quick she didn't even see it hit her. The last thing she felt before waking in a strange room, was pain in her neck. The next few days were a blur of fear, terror, pain, and suffering. The next few weeks were much the same, only her mind was crumbling, succumbing to the skilled and cruel skill of her new master. It was not long before Danica could not longer remember what she had been like, only knew what she was now; slave to her master and wild like he was.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Name: Jovanus Malkavian (Commonly used last name adopted from his clan, rather than given to it)

Age: Assumed to be extremely old, he may not know his own age exactly.

Race: Pure Vampire

Clan: Malkavian

Weapons/Abilities: "Flight" and "Telekinesis"

His usual weapons contain silver in some form. His spear is edged with it, though this can wear off with use and is replaced. His other weapons, are, however, usually generic, as his spear remains his only "original" weapon.

This spear would be inlaid with silver patters, most of which are simply jagged lines carved in the metal, and filled with silver afterwards.

Appearance:

Personality:Jovanus is extremely detached from the world around him, to the point of having lived in nearly complete isolation for many years at a time. His personality is one of philosophical intellectualism, he is extremely intelligent and analytical in all situations, but outwardly displays only the results of those processes. He is viewed as being somewhat irreverent, placing little importance on what other view as such, and extremely arrogant in the appraisal of his own abilities, and, by comparison, those of others.

Biography:
Jovanus is extremely old, and has a recurring pattern of placing himself in nearly complete isolation, with the exception of human servants for food, of course, for long periods of time. To the point where his emergence is often simply because his servants are all dead, despite being, sometimes, the adult children of the servants he took with him.

The time of one of his re-emergences in Vampire society coincided with the period of turmoil among the clans. After the conflict, he returned to his territory, to return to seclusion once more. He remained in seclusion for the vast majority of the time since the great war. His only appearances were, at various times, to turn humans he considered interesting. His turned servants, of whom there were few, and most whom did not survive their first century, serve as the administrators of his territory. His clan is peculiar, in that humans figure prominently in many positions, and in some cases, rank above many lesser vampires. Strangely his arrangement seems effective, as his territory experiences very little infighting, though, like him, the various cities that make it up are mostly isolationist, owing loyalty to him above all, but no other external influence.

His latest emergence, prior to his traveling to Altare clan lands, was in 1945, though the reasons for this emergence are, as of yet, unknown.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Esoteric Myobi

PeacethatPowerbrings: interesting character concept...being a recluse I mean. I like it. Your profile looks good and I'll be adding it onto the list of accepted players soon. ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

This looks like it could be a very fun rp. :D I was interested in playing a human character that 'belongs' to a vampire (Preferably a female). Either bringing him into play as one, or having him get claimed some time during the rp. Anywho...

Name: Lucian Crowley
Race: Human
Clan: N/A
Station: N/A
Weapons/Abilities: Pocket knife (as if that'd help much! Kekeke). No unique abilities, he is, afterall, just a blood bag.
Appearance:  5'10 in height, 200 pounds in weight. He does not have a particular body build or much in the ways of muscles, but his legs are thick and powerful; perhaps a track runner, or someone who walks a lot. Hair is long, down to his shoulder blades, and dyed black with large, dark red streaks in it. Has a full facial beard. Chocolatey brown eyes.

Personality: Could best be described with words such as "chaotic good", "martyr", "crazy", "Good Samaritan" .  An intellectually driven individual with a strong sense of morals.  Possesses a lot of strange beliefs, though some of them may just be his odd sense of humor.

Biography: Lucian was born and raised in (wherever this rp is going to primarily be taking place... I don't think I caught that info?). He's always been something of an oddball, and small wonder, after all, his mother runs a fortune telling business and his father is practically the town eccentric.

All throughout his life, Lucian has had a passion for learning new things, often choosing it over more sociable activities. Consequently, as one might imagine, he tends to be awkward in social situations, and possesses few friends.  This suits him just fine, though, for he's an introvert.

His current job is working at a used bookstore, called Bookworm (with this cuuute little picture on the door that shows a worm with glasses reading a book), which his father owns and runs.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Cassiopeia

TheHangedMan - nice profile, glad to see a blood ba- ... er, human around! ^_^  My is planing on playing this almost as if it's a parallel world to our own.  So modern times is the basic set up but no specified location, it'll just be ambiguous, though no doubt she'll be giving a number of details as to look and feel of the environment.  Hope that helps!

Esoteric Myobi

TheHangedMan - approved. I think that after we get some more people then you can decide who you would like to own you, of course, discuss it with that person beforehand and work things out. =)

As Cassi said, it's nice to see some fresh meat coming in..er -coughs- excuse me, I meant fresh...faces..yes...

Anyway, my question is...where are the females?! I'm so surprised that we don't have more female players and characters applying ;o Like yea...no female purebloods besides the 'Queen' but that doesn't mean no Turned vamps serving as loyal little toys..er..servants to their Masters. Of course, more humans and wolfies are also encouraged~ ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kaiten

Did you get the "Fangless" from Vampire Bund?

And nice idea by the way.

Esoteric Myobi

Actually, another friend of mine told me about it but I'm pretty sure he got it from Vampire Bund. =) I haven't actually watched it myself yet but he tells me it's good. ;o

Is it?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

Name: Pearl
Race: Turned vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Station: Independent agent (no official connection to her sire)
Weapons/Abilities: Telekinesis, Illusion

- Her favored weaponsmall series of long tapered acupuncture needles of varying lengths. She has made herself especially familiar with where to stick these to induce varying effects, occasionally aided by an unnatural poison. When finesse is pointless, she wields a sickle with considerable ruthless skill and agility.

Appearance:

Possessing inky black tresses and intense dark eyes, Pearl is considered by many to be a rather cold beauty. Indeed, her fair porcelain skin and unyieldingly upright posture tend to suggest a certain chilly lifelessness. Her long slender frame is constantly decked out in the latest expensive fashions. She particularly favors shades of white and is almost always seen in them. With eternally immaculate hair and very lightly applied make-up, it is evident that she invests a good deal of time in her appearance.

Personality: Proud to a fault and fiercely independent, the vampiress is perhaps as icy as her appearance suggests. She enjoys the distance that the reclusiveness of her clan leader provides. Every aspect of her personality rebels against the idea of being a toy, and she disdains the other Turned that occupy such positions. Pearl is perfectionistic and somewhat quick-tempered. She enjoys fighting and the satisfaction of slicing open the throat of a fallen opponent. Becoming utterly flawless is a personal goal of hers; she has used her many years to acquire many abilities and areas of knowledge. Such dedication leaves her little patience with social interaction. Although she enjoys toying with people and occasionally cowing them into brief and unpleasant affairs, she generally remains aloof and reserved. This extends to other creatures of darkness - she often finds them presumptuous and irritating.

Biography:

Vanity was the sin that eventually took her life. After the Yellow Slave Trade that took her worlds away from home, the early 1920's saw her blossom into a stage actress named "Pearl." She forced her way into wealth and status through her appearance, sheer ambition, and the era's fascination with oriental mystique. Numerous indiscretions, however, lead to a series of jilted lovers. Everything shattered the night one pressed her face against the furnace of his factory. Hideously disfigured and driven to madness, she wandered the streets in search of means of her revenge. It was then that Jovanus Malkavian found her. Recognizing him as one of the oni her mother had whispered about in her childhood, she begged for a fraction of his power. And without ever explaining his reasons to agreeing, he gave it to her.

It has been years since she has seen him last. Pearl moves from city to city, life to life. She maintains a low enough profile but enjoys a luxurious lifestyle. Jovanus is a complete enigma to her. Occasionally, she feels his vague thoughts at the corners of her mind, his presence lingering somewhere in her peripheral vision. Such visions, though, are likely only a product of the blood bond they share.
“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

Jellineck - liking the new profile, accepted.

I'm assuming that you had probably talked things over with PeacethatPowerbrings then, or will do so in the future anyway. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

“If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” - Tallulah Bankhead

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

If its stll free, I'll take the Ravnos coven member and put up a profile first chanc I get.
I am working on it, I swear!

Esoteric Myobi

It's still open. =) Also, I'm thinking each coven can have one or two members to keep things lively with interaction. (Wasn't sure if that was clear or not). At the moment we don't have a King for the Ravnos coven but hopefully we will soon.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Name: Sonja Eriksson

Race: Turned Vampire
Clan: Ravnos
Station: Second to her King.

Weapons/Abilities: Two Daggers  Sonja prefers to kill up close and personal.  She also has the ability of Illusion.

Appearance: Long dark hair and grey piercing eyes, the pouty-lipped Sonja is an ethereal beauty.  She stands at 5'5" and is small waisted and lithe.  Curved and graceful, she has no qualms about using her body as a distraction. 

Personality:Sonja speaks her mind regardless of the trouble she may bring upon herself.  She approaches situations fearlessly and dispatches anger ruthlessly.  She is stubborn but has a quick intelligence that she uses to manipulate those around her.  She can be charming and enjoys seducing others to her desire.

Biography:   In 1697 she was known as the Lady Sonja, daughter to the Duke of Holstein-Gottorp. Visiting the princess in Stockholm's Three Crown's castle, she was courted by a mysterious man.  Handsome and alluring, Aleksey Desaad, charmed her.   He was a gentleman and against her better judgement; the warnings of her peers, she fell for him.  His darkness captivated her, her innocence was his both body and soul. 

On the eve a great ball, Aleksey pulled her aside and spoke of strange things.  His words left her heart beating with fear and she returned to her rooms.  It was not long before there were screams of fire and she found her self trapped in her rooms.  Unable to escape out the window, she collapsed to the floor, thick smoke and red hot flames, depriving her of air.  Despair filled her and she knew she was dying, tears of of things left undone, left unsaid, fell from her eyes only to dry up from the intense heat.  Glass shattered over her prone form and from the window, like a dark god, he was beside her.  Sonja was rescued but on one condition.  That she serve The Ravnos King and stay at his side for eternity.  Not wanting to die, she readily agreed, sealing her fate.  That night, she was taken into his dark embrace and Sonja crossed over and became a Child of the Night and the castle left behind her in ruins.  Her only thought was his words.  For you.

Sonja has learned many things over her years and as she 'lives' on, her heart grows colder and the joy of the hunt and kill infuses her.  She does what she can to please her Master and now she will help him once more.  The time has come for the Altare Queen to choose and though it pains her, she will assure her King's place at the new Queen's side. 

(Will possibly add more later...again)

Esoteric Myobi

-cannot stop staring at Sonja's chest- ::)

And accepted =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

Sorry, have been overcome by the virtual flood of mine own creation.  Still trying to iron out my profile, will be here shortly.

Xanatos

Nice profile Kitsune. Looks like this game will have a lot of good players.

Lady Kitsune

Thanks, Xanatos.  I try.  *had agonized over history*

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Arina Altare
Age: Several centuries younger than the Kings, but still several centuries old herself
Race: Vampire - Pure blood
Clan: Altare
Station: Queen
Abilities: Empathy, Precognition

Weapons: Staff and Daggers - Kept in the memory of her late mother, the matching bronze, silver, and gold daggers and staff are more a memento than for actual use. Most times she will have one of the daggers on her person while the other two and the staff are used only when needed.

Appearance: Forever seen with an unnervingly calm expression, it is very rare for her almost expressionless face to show anything else. Dark raven waves frame her heart shaped face, curling down her back and stopping just above her waist. Smooth porcelain skin practically glows softly in the dark, pale save for flushed full lips and blemished only by a beauty mark on her left cheekbone. Large eyes of turquoise seem more green than blue, and many times seem to be staring into the soul of the other as they quietly judge from a distance. Many times, she seems taller than her actual height of 5'4", almost as if her regal stature is giving her extra height. Petite and slender, her body is lithe and moves with an almost feline grace. Toned but soft and curvaceous where needed, she almost has an hourglass figure.

Personality/Biography: Unlike the other vampires, Arina is seen as quite eccentric. Instead of going along with the usual trend, she set out to make peace with their long sworn enemies and managed to come back successful. Perhaps it is an inborn nature, a hate for war and all bloodshed, that caused her to open her arms to them. If asked, she simply says that the two species are more alike than they think and even with all their differences there is no need to kill. As with the werewolves, she also treats the humans and the Fangless well. While blood is a necessity for her people, the humans are not treated like complete garbage. Though still viewed as beneath her, she respects them for their purpose, both for their production of blood as well as the everyday tasks that humans can so easily carry out during the day and at night. Very simply put, Arina strives for a civilized society, she hopes to someday ease the scar that vampires had created throughout history. To change the mindset that they are just bloodthirsty killers who only revel in pleasure.

Quiet and composed, it is rare to see Arina angered. Very little saddens her and unlike the frail and fragile impression that she first makes, the centuries have made her rather cold as she hardened her heart against weak and needless emotions. Feelings of fondness are rare and limited to a very few exceptions, but even this feels slightly hollow to her as if she has lost the true joy of it all and am only feeling a memory of the reality. Thrown into her current position at a young age, Arina closed a part of herself away at the death of her mother and practically all of her coven. When the war was over due to the trio's conquest, Arina and the remains of her coven struggled to survive and slowly she not only learned to pick up the reigns that her mother had left behind but also began to slowly bring others to her side.

The Fangless were the first to join Arina's coven as she did not ridicule them and brought them out of exile, providing them a life in the open instead of hiding in fear. The werewolves were a later addition but soon proved themselves useful and the Gangrel pack quickly established a position for themselves in the Altare coven. Her treatment in these regards brought scorn from many vampires and her humane acts towards what others deemed nothing besides food caused many to look down upon her. Very few understand her feelings and intentions and possibly none can truly know her. Unknown to most, Arina is not extending such generosity to a group of misfits for no apparent reason, instead she works to keep them happy and content in order to earn their loyalty. All in preparation for a day when she needs to be protected the most, and only numbers will matter at that time.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

NAME:  Torulf, old norse, thunder wolf.  Chosen name given by his sires sires sire for exemplary rule of the Norwegian Pack.

AGE:  Proven ascension 842 A.D. unofficial birth year ~750 A.D.

CLAN:  Gangrel

STATION:  Assigned body guard of Altare, pack leader of the personal squad.

WEAPONS / ABILITIES:

Were's do not have special abilities.  Having said this, Torulf is known for his exceptional keen smell.  Above and beyond what is considered the norm for his kind, he is able to identify the race of a killer if he is able to investigate a murder scene within 24 hours of occurrence.  He can then identify the identity of the killer if he is able to sniff him closely.

Torulf has been trained with a dual bladed pole arm that is pure silver.  The quelling of the inferior infestations of were half breeds have made this weapon invaluable.  His training focuses on his ability to ignore the pain associated with contact with this weapon.  Many blades formed of silver like it amongst the pack are signature weapons of the Gangrel and embodies their hatred for the lesser packs. 

APPEARANCE:

I like Professor Lupin and how he was done in Harry Potter.  Therefore, Torulf will be a tall and lanky looking Were that moves about quite comfortably on his hind legs.  His bulk moves nicely upwards to present him as a seven and a half foot tall creature.  He is midnight black with golden eyes.  The hair down his back and his tail is gleaming silver.  He is missing part of his left ear.  Otherwise, this is a good picture.

This is Torulf’s appearance in human form.  He is a bristling Scandinavian and often dresses the mercenary in leathers and utilities.  He stands six foot six and weighs two hundred forty five pounds.  He is solid muscle.

PERSONALITY:

Torulf spent many years with the Dali Lama learning to control and funnel his rage into concentrated bursts of manic energy.  His calm is glacially formed, and immense, thick walls that are transparent.  His eyes are the window to his soul and when his ire is raised, you can see them flash with it.

He speaks with a heavy accent, and the tone of his voice is very deep.  His words are sparse, and chosen with efficiency.  When he is ranting and blowing off steam, he goes off in Nordic, his voice literally singing.  His actions are also straight to the point.

He is a hard worker, and likes to work with his hands.  When he is not protecting, he is building furniture that he sells to the local stores that boast in true norweigian or rustic pieces.

Though quiet and restrained, he is no less passionate than an average.  If anything, his strict mental focus allows him to better convey his desires and feelings.  Try having a heart to heart talk on the subject of romanticism with this Viking and try not to gape and stare in the process.

BIO:

The year was approximately 750 A.D. in a little valley nestled in the mountains.  He was born to full were parents who had learned to live among humans without arousing any suspicion.  Life was good for him, and he had accepted his differences from the children he played with dayly.  He had accepted humanity and the existence in being a were.  Nothing could disturb his tranquil existence.

It had to have been in his late teen years or his early twenties when his existence ended as he knew it.  A pack of ruthless and hungry weres attacked his village just before dawn.  He survived, but only because he had been knocked out cold during the struggle.  His parents had not been so lucky.  Nor was a majority of the village.  It was sacked and burned and half eaten corpses littered the landscape.

He mindlessly wandered for days on end, alone and heart sick.  There village was pretty isolated, and it seemed that he could not find his way out of the area in which the maddened pack roamed.  He came upon one burnt out village after another.  Fortunately for him, they were eating man flesh and had left normal foods alone.  He did not go hungry.

Then, one fateful night a couple months later, the moon was full, and he was running in his true form.  He was found by the Grangrel.

Esoteric Myobi

Profiles are looking great so far. We have two characters per clan (or will once the two reserved spots get their profiles up), except for the werewolves.

Hm, if we manage to get more people per clan that would make for a decent amount of interaction hopefully but for now two each is good.

So..just need to get another werewolf to even that out..and perhaps a few werewolves and fangless?

Thoughts?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

If people will be allowed to join into play later on, I'd say we have enough people to get things rolling. I do think it would be nice to even out the numbers. <.< maaaybe get a few more humans. Just my two cents on the matter.
Check out my poet tree!

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'd agree that we have enough to get it started. For the clans, even with one werewolf were still doing well in terms of character associations. I'd welcome more players, but, for me, providing a good way to incorporate new characters is better than waiting especially when, often the story is a better basis for new characters than the concept itself.

Esoteric Myobi

Agreed, Aether will just be a little lonely for a while but he'll be busy with the rest of us vampires anyway. Hope you don't mind too much Aether ^^;

I'd like to get the two reserved character profiles up first as well. The player who expressed interest in the Ravnos king will be away for the next few days so we'll probably get started once his character is posted.

Is that fine with everyone? And yes, if anyone else expresses interest later on they can always join as well.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Xanatos

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx, are you sure you aren't just an animal at heart? >:)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Cassiopeia

Name: Cara (O'Connor) Altare
Race: Turned Vampire
Station: Altare's second in command
Abilities: Telekinesis
              Empathy

Weapons: Crossbow
                 Sword

Appearance: With long golden locks extending down to the small of her back and soft, fair features Cara would not at first appear to be the stereotypical vampire.  Save for her almost glowing violet eyes she would give off the impression of a nearly innocent young woman.  She uses her curvaceous toned form as a weapon in fighting, keeping it well trained and not simply relying on her vampiric abilities.

Personality:
Cara is efficient in her duties, carrying out swiftly whatever the queen asks of her or seeing that others do.  At times she may give off the impression of being cold but inwardly that's not the case.  The small amount of people she lets close to her get to see a very warm, playful, and loyal side, one demonstrated by sweet smiles and youthful dimples.  Though once having dwelt on revenge Cara sees the importance of peace for the clans as well as the species in order to maintain safety, it is a goal she would sacrifice herself gladly for.  Fighting, although a great talent of hers isn't so much a hobby as a necessity as she regrets spilling blood in anger. 

Biography:
Cara O'Connor was born in the mid 17th century to a family of shepherds.  War and battles were behind their family for the time being, and they lived in peace, secluded in their large area of lush green land.  Cara grew up knowing a quiet and simple existence, though she had her own personal sense of adventure which she kept tucked away inside her, allowing it room to breath when she was alone and had time to daydream.

One day, at the age of 16 it was she and her brother's turn to watch the flock.  Since her brother was feeling sick she took it upon herself to go alone, venturing far out into the pastures.  She watched the sheep while letting her mind wander free and unhampered until she heard the shrill screams carrying all the way out to the grassy knolls.  Her heart lurched up up into her throat, thinking that her family was being attacked by some lingering soldiers.  In her heart though, as her horse raced back to her home, she knew that nothing human could cause such anguished cries of pure torment.  Swift as her steed was she was too late to do or see anything but the exsanguinated bodies of her family, splayed through the yard and the house.

Her fragile heart was shattered as well as all hope within her, seeing that everyone whom she loved and cared for was brutally taken from her.  She sat on the ground for hours, crying and shaking until her mind began to morbidly wonder what on earth or hell could have done something like this.  Cara could see the fang marks on the colorless bodies when it occurred to her.  She knew of only one thing that could be responsible for such killings, the fabled sumaire.  It had only been a myth though, a scary story for around the fire ... but what else could it have possibly been?

She was unsure how much longer she lingered in the same spot, though it was less than a day, when the beautiful and dark young woman approached her.  Cara could see just by her almost glowingly bright eyes that she was not human and once her teeth were displayed her suspicions were confirmed.  She had nothing left to live for but to avenge her family.  Without weapons or even a plan she flew at the creature, set to kill or die trying.  Having no real fighting skills and not even half the strength of the lady vampire she was easily overpowered but was shocked when death did not come.  Instead the woman explained that she was not one of the vicious creature that was responsible for the atrocity and that the pack of hungry vampires had gone on to terrorize the local village as well.

It was then that the woman, showing a surprising amount of compassion, offered Cara to come with her for there was no reason left to stay and on her own she would possibly fall victim to the beastly vampires if they returned.  Partially out of desperation and partially out of desire to keep an eye (and possibly gain the upper hand) on this sumaire who she mistrusted, Cara agreed and went along with her.  She couldn't help the dark curiosity she had for these sentient predators.

The dark woman she came to know as Arina led a clan of vampires and was committed to peace between the species.  Arina protected Cara, ordering that she not be bitten or touched by any other vampire and slowly Cara became convinced of her sincerity.  By the end of her first year among the Altare clan the two became quite close though Cara always felt inferior, reminded subconsciously of the weakness of humans in comparison.  Not wanting to be weak and vulnerable she longed to be turned but Arina would always deny her either saying she was too young or that she should treasure her humanity.  Though this made Cara unhappy she continued to be loyal to her savior, the only person alive who she truly cared for.

Six years after her family's death Cara entered a village as she had grown accustomed to doing, both for necessary items and to remind herself of what she truly was.  On her way back to the Altare fortress she was attacked by a group of vampire hunters who had apparently been watching her for quite some time.  They beat her for being a traitor to her kind and threatened to kill her unless she led them to the clan.  Cara refused, intent on protecting her only 'family' at all cost.  When it became apparent that no matter how severely they beat her she would continue to refuse they slashed her, nearly to ribbons, and left her for dead.  Thankfully Arina had had a vision of the attack after Cara left the fortress and went out searching for her.  Happening upon her nearly lifeless body Arina knew there was only one option and with a heavy heart turned Cara into an immortal.

As her new life began Cara took on the surname Altare, feeling the need to let go of that aspect of her old life and fully accept her new family.  Now turned she and the Altare Queen were closer than ever, bonding beyond their maker/turned connection as Arina helped her through the transition.  Deciding against becoming fangless Cara did not fight her vampiric desires, controlling her need to hunt very carefully and only feeding as Arina had taught her.  She was even more committed now to the Queen's goal of peace, seeing with new eyes how it would be a benefit for all the races, including humanity.

Over the centuries she extensively trained in combat, focusing on her defense.  Her talents lied in swordsmanship and her deadly aim with a crossbow.  For a time she withdrew herself completely from all things human, thinking it would be easier but now has come to accept it as a part of her, attempting to do small things to remind her of her inner humanity.  Though her life as a vampire has seen her go through many changes one thing has never wavered much at all: her undying loyalty and love for her savior and maker.

Cassiopeia

That took so long and I totally got carried away! ><

Hehehe animal ... you and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals ...  O:)

Jellineck

Hm. Now I kind of wish I had submitted a male character to help even it out. If I should pick up a certain character throughout the course of gameplay, it will likely be a nice burly werewolf man (or maybe cowardly spindly werewolf...hey, fun to defy stereotypes). It will be a good change from the uppity bitch I plan to hate. Hey, I get my sick jollies playing characters that people hate.

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx Jellineck..well hopefully we'll get more players interested. But if not, feel free to make a second character if you feel yourself able to dual role. =)

And yes Cassi, you wrote a book and put us all to shame >.> But I'll forgive you since you're speshal =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Nuu ><  That was not my intent at all and you knows it!  It was just ... the backstory ... and the alliance ... and the turning!  I couldn't stop myself  :-[  I was not in control of my own body!

But at least I is speshal  ;D *glows*

Aether

*grins at the glowy Cassi*

Love it when a story comes together!

Xanatos

I see animals are in style here... -smirks- Xavier and Danica might need to put on a show?

As for being an animal at heart? Most certainly not, I am just good at pretending.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, I like to think that we all have an animal hidden away somewhere within us x3 Just waiting for that chance to come out and show their full potential =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Jellineck

I really enjoyed it, Cassi. I think a nice thick back story can just help put more flavor into a character. Besides, it's lovely when one is inspired. I've had novels of charrie descriptions before because the layers of development just unfold naturally sometimes.

And I have the feeling my inner animal is a chinchilla. Not particularly kinky. *envisions trying to scratch someone up with little tiny mouse paws* Maybe for the very very very patient masochist.

Gr, muthafucka.

Esoteric Myobi

Oh my gosh!!!

-squeals!-

Sooo cuteee!!

-huggles and cuddles and squeezes the adorable chinchilla-Jellineck-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Aw ty Jellineck, that's really sweet of you to say ^_^  Yeah it's kinda funny when you just get on a roll, it's like someone else is practically writing for you :P

ZOMG Chin! *squeees*

Damnit My beat me to the cuddly-squish! <.< *shrugs and cuddles My instead*

Today I keep bouncing between being a crazy flying squirrel

(note my large stash of toys <.<)

And a devilish vixen  ::)

Duchess

taking my time in reading before applying ,might join if more people is needed if that OK..

Esoteric Myobi

Duchess, take your time reading ^^ It helps to know all the finer details and less confusion in the long run. Also, what I'm currently looking for most is another werewolf, humans, and perhaps a few Fangless. Of course, vampires are welcome as well. I just want to try and keep a balance between both female and male characters as well as a certain equal number in each clan.

Glad to know that we're still picking up interest. =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Jellineck

>> <<  ;) *pops tongue out at Cassi then burrows contentedly into My's bountiful bosom* Yeah, I'm glad it's getting so much attention! I'm excited. In so many ways. Oh, what?

If anyone would like to have some sort of pre-existing relationship or encounter with Pearl, just let me know. I thought it might a bit fun to mix it up by having a bit of a history with some characters. After all, the vampires have quite a long time to find one another. I would kiss a chinchilla for a rival or even an enemy.

Xanatos

Here is my contribution to the cute and furry animals...

PeacethatPowerbrings

My inner animal:

Don't be fooled. Behind those eyes lies an evil geinus, bent on ruling the world and taking vengence on his furless human overlords.
Don't believe me?
Look closer.

Aether

"Oh inner beast, you never leave me ill prepared for the battle ahead, you never falter as you slink up to the battle line and draw a sword in a very fast attack."

Xanatos

Oh and the hamster is not my inner animal... Just thought the cute little dude fit the line of pics.

Lady Kitsune

Prepare thyselves for the awesome-saucesomeness of my Cute Fu!

Esoteric Myobi

Ahh, our thread is just overflowing with cute n' fuzzy adorableness now!

Anyway, I've received a few PMs and I guess my short description in the first post was a bit unclear so I'll try to clarify things a bit more.

The plot/storyline that this game is mostly going to revolve around is the interaction and character development between the five main characters. The rest of the characters are just support and will help to push and pull the plot in different directions. I didn't make a set goal or anything for this game since I felt that it would be more interesting to just let the characters develop and see where it goes.

So this game will mostly be focused on character development which will in turn affect the storyline as we go. Questions that may help nudge our brains a bit:

How will the clans react to each other when they're finally gathered and meeting in one place again after so many years? To the Brujah coven I'm thinking that it may just be irritating to them, having to act more refined and civilized than they usually would. The Malkavians may find it uncomfortable, suddenly surrounded by society after so many years of isolation and seclusion. The Altare? Probably feeling very uptight, enemies on their turf and yet having to treat them with icy hospitality. The wolves' hackles are probably rising as well, so many vampires that they have no obligations towards right in their faces. Unfortunately I can't say anything for the Ravnos yet but we shall see that soon enough hopefully.

Other questions and thoughts:

The trio had grudgingly agreed to share power all those years ago, but none had truly wished for it, wanting instead to rule wholly by themselves. Will they begin planning and plotting once again? Trying to gain an upper hand somehow? Perhaps leave the game of knife and daggers to their subordinates while they concentrate on the goal of having an heir possibly birthed to them (heir - more power to you, man)? Perhaps one is more important to the other, how will it play out? Perhaps none of it matters, so many years have passed? Maybe they can come to terms with the Altare's viewpoint and agree to it? Or will they continue to refuse it, sticking to the ways that have continued for so many thousands of years? Possibly, the Queen becomes too much of a nuisance, forget politics force is so much faster and more efficient. How will she react to the hostility on her own lands?

These are really just my own questions and ramblings of 'what ifs'. None of these have to happen, and most of them may not happen at all. Some of them could come to pass but end up completely different from imagined. I find it interesting to keep guessing and wondering.

How does this sound to everyone? Does this little piece of mindless thought make things a bit clearer? (Okay, I know that made no sense at all, but amuse me.)

Oh, and I'm thinking that it may be easier to just keep the game in one thread instead of in separate threads? (Of course, it's really dependent on what happens and etc so this can easily change.) Perhaps each clan starts out with short opening introductory posts of their current situation, a brief 'memory' as they reminisce in order to let the readers be up to date with where each clan and person is at, and then after a few posts of interaction start moving to meet at...Altare lands (since I'm sort of envisioning the Altare lands to be a sanctuary of sorts, what with all the misfits gathered there...aka Fangless and wolfies)? Then the rest of the interacting and whatnot can begin to truly commence there since everyone is all in one place now?

Thoughts, comments, questions, suggestions?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

PeacethatPowerbrings

I agree on keeping it in one thread, and I was definately thinking about providng some background as well, so I guess I'm on board on everything you brought up.

TheHangedOne

I'm in agreeance with peace; everything sounds groovy, and I'd like to see it all stay in one thread, too.
Check out my poet tree!

Jellineck

I think it might be smart to keep everything in one thread for awhile, but start a new one if we get something like 200 posts racked up in the first. That might make it a bit easier to refer back to previous events in the game. I also like the idea of doing an intro before they all meet. One question...how will they be know when and where to meet? Will they be summoned?

PeacethatPowerbrings

I'm with you on that one. Keeping it in one thread would make having a chapter/episode/section system very effective.

I think it might be a bit tough to split it up by post by post number though, so perhaps we could cut the sections off in terms of significant events? We could even provide a table contents for the sections. It would make following it a lot easier for new players.  As for where we'd split the chapters,  a rough post count could work, in conjunction with waiting for a narrative break, where we can all follow the chapter change.

TheHangedOne

I like the idea of a post count or perhaps a page count to break things up.

My addition to the ideas:  Every new post in the thread has a sort of chapter synopsis to give a brief overview and the highlights of events from the last chapter.  Keep it going constantly. So you know, Chapter 2 has a synopsis of Ch 1, Ch 3 has a synopsis of 1 (copied and pasted) and 2, etc.
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

I'm a bit confused about the chapter idea. So this is what I got from it and you can all just tell me how right or wrong I am.

I'm assuming by chapters we mean for example...Ch 1 = everyone starting off in their own lands, writing a brief introduction so that everyone is up to speed as to that character's background and anything significant that may have happened to them that others should know of (in background of course not actual characters knowing all), and then eventually moving to meet at Altare lands?

Ch 2 = everyone has gathered, let the interaction commence. Perhaps this can just be the usual niceties and whatnot, let everyone have a chance to talk to the other and get a feel for each other's characters?

Ch 3 = let the games begin. Whether it be sending henchmen out to do the dirty work while a few sit around and play a game of poker, or whether it be wooing one another in hopes of something happening...Or just bending the rules (or trying to) to get what they want?

Also for the synopsis of each chapter I'm assuming, basically when I make each new thread, the first post of the thread will include a short summary of everything that has happened thus far in the previous chapter. Basically so any new players who join can just read these first posts and have a general idea of what is going on so far. (If we get any new players anyway...which I hope we do.)

How correct is this? Or am I totally off target?

Also Jellineck, I'm thinking perhaps they meet every few centuries to...oh I don't know...basically ensure that all is as it should be under the pretense of renewing treaties? We can always figure out some plausible reason for them to all come visiting every now and then.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

PeacethatPowerbrings

From where I've sit you're right on the mark with our chapter concept. I was thinking, however, that they'd still be of signifigant length, so the first chapter might include what you've set out for the second as well, just depending on how long it takes. It would only make sense to split them up the way I think we were talking about if each chapter's contents is enough that the summaries are actually useful.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, I think we'll sort of fumble our way through that and figure it out as we go? I think I have a pretty good idea and will be able to set it up, of course if I mess up in any way I'm sure one of you will inform me of it. =)

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that the Ravnos king's profile should be making its grand unveiling sometime soon. Cere (the player whom the spot is reserved for) is finally back after a short absence and hopefully we will be able to get the game started by next week if not sooner. I think besides Cere we still have one person interested in joining and she should be posting up a profile soon after as well. Have not heard from Duchess as of yet, so I'm assuming we will hear from her later or she has (sadly) decided that this game was not for her. :'(

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Esoteric Myobi

Unfortunately, it seems that Cere has recently found himself dealing with reality and has become too tangled in the mess and must step away from Elliquiy for a while. :-( Wishing him well and hoping he returns sometime in the future.

Sadly, this also means that we have lost our Ravnos King and thus the spot is now open for the taking. Once again, any players who would like to play as a human, wolf, or fangless vamp...feel free to do so.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Nim

Greetings everyone,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of the one who you had been waiting for to start such a wonderful story idea but in this case one man's loss is an others gain.  Well that is of course if a replacement has not yet already been found.  Which in that case I would happily play a werewolf guardian.  Actually regardless of what the case may be I'll still play the werewolf... I just hate seeing anyone out numbered.   I know you are all biting at the bit (yes pun intended) to get started.  So I shall try to get a couple of bios going here just as soon as possible.

And not wanting to be left out of the whole inner animal discussion I would like to submit mine:

Cassiopeia

*pets the pretty wolfy*  ;D

Yaay another one for the pack!  Welcome!

Nim

*closes eyes and sighs contentedly...*    mmmmm thanks for such a warm welcome... *curls up on the rug before the fireplace thinking thoughts of profiles as the wolf makes himself comfortable in one of his homes away from home*

Mr Self Destruct

I wouldn't mind tossing my hat in as the Ravnos king, if the role is still available. :)

Esoteric Myobi

Nim...don't make me pet you now...

-cannot resist the cute n' cuddly-

>.>...

-pets and huggles the wolfy!-

As for role of Ravnos King (along with any other role really) once profiles are approved then said approved profile gets the spot. I actually didn't think we'd have more than one person interested in the spot ^^; (Though I am absolutely thrilled to see some interest!) So anyone interested in the Ravnos King's position please PM me your profiles and I will look them over. Of course, there are also other positions still open for the taking as well! (We are terribly lacking in blood bags humans an Fangless, though it seems we may have another wolf on our hands!)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Xanatos

King of the Brujah welcomes you, fellow Vampire. -eyes you with a feral tint.-

Why must I suffer more wolves? -sighs- Though, I am more like them than I would readily admit. -considers this-

In other words, welcome! -chuckles-

Nim

*cuddles close to Myobi and licks her cheeks in greeting.*

Thank you Xanatos, you almost had me thinking that perhaps we were going to get into that age old debate of whom is the better of the two great races.  But thankfully that is not the case because personally I can never quite make up my mind.  I find both Vampires and Werewolves equally fascinating to play.  Although I suppose if you force me to do so I shall have to admit that I have played far more Vampires than I have Werewolves in the past.

Mr Self Destruct

Thanks for the welcome Xanatos.  Once my profile is approved, I'll be sure to PM it to you, as I did include both the Malkavian and Brujah 'kings' in the story, or at least representatives of the two factions.  If our characters are to work together to momentously destroy the other clans, then surely they've met and plotted together at least once in their long histories together. :D  At least, that's what my rationale tells me.

Aether

Greetings all newcomers!  Its looking like we are going to have quite a happy little group going in no time!

Nim!  Welcome to a fellow Were!  If you have any questions about how we are deciding to play weres in this thread, simply ask me in here or via PM.  With Myobi as my guide, we will make sure that we have a good working understanding going so we can post accurately.

I think it well may be in order to have a were under my own that can help with command of the were troops.  Myobi, I think Nim's character should be just a one, unless he wants to play a mere follower with high aspirations!

Lady Kitsune

Cool!  More people.  *waves*

And the Ravnos will finally have a king!

Yay!

Nim

Thank you  Aether, if I read the descriptions that I have seen thus far earlier in this thread the were's in this story seem to be similar in ideal to the Lycans of Underworld except for having  some form of Black and Silver fur and maybe not depending so much on such modern weapons as guns.  Although from all the  weapons preferences listed thus far it would seem that everyone is in like mind that The Vampires and Were's alike do not care for the use of such unsophisticated and crude weapons such as guns.   I am still working on my Were's bio but being a second to your pack leader could possibly work... we'll have to see what you and Myobi think once you have seen the bio. 

And Dark Clown don't be so sure you will be the other King... I have submitted my bio as well, May the best Vamp win.

Xanatos

-chuckles- No worries Nim. I intentionally was ambiguous, though I just couldn't let it sit without making it clear I was kidding. I prefer vampires myself, however, werewolves do have an appeal.

Well, whoever is the Ravnos King in the end, would definitely know the Brujah King. From what My has told me, is that the kings all plotted together to kill the previous queen, and I doubt My would mind a little more background between kings. 

Aether

Nim:

Yes, they pull from Underworld, also from Harris' exceptional vamp series thats now media mainstream in the HBO special, True Blood.  I also got some research done at the local bookstore for touch ups on Silver and what it actually does to a were, and it what instances.  I also was able to find some good info on their near supernatural health, but our simplistic format there will suffice.

You may want to, as I did with my were, choose an extraordinary amongst the pack sense focus.  I got this from Harris.  I figure your particular sense focus will be very narrow, but a step above the more than normally acute senses that were's already posses.

Nim

*Nods to  Xanatos*  yes indeed regardless of how the King vote turns out this story has the potential to be very fun and entertaining.

Yes Aether,  I had been considering having my were's specialty be more agile and quick than had come to be the norm.  Either that or far enhanced hearing... have not quite decided.

Lady Kitsune

Exceptional Vamp series?  Harris?  If you want an exceptional vamp series, I'd go Laurell K. Hamilton and her were's are awesome, too.  She must have the best Were heirarchy I've read
Ulfric - Alpha,  Bolverk- second etc.  http://www.werewolves.com/laurell-k-hamilton%E2%80%99s-werewolves/

Plus she does erotic fiction, which makes her one of my favorites.

Nim

Thank you Lady Kitsune,  I have your reference book marked for tomorrow as it is nearly time for Nim to hit the old sack.

Lady Kitsune

Nim

Name: Turris
Age: Was 5 when Altare first started to cultivate  the Gangrel clan into her plans for the future. 
Race: Werewolf (Pure Blood)
Clan: Gangrel

Biography: There had been a small branch of the Gangrel clan who had been unsure of this then new Vampire Princess Altare.  After many months of debate and discussion both with only the other members of their clan and with Atare herself this small branch broke off from the rest and went their own way.  Being only 5 at the time Turris had no real say in the matter and so was taken along with his older brother and two younger sisters by his parents who had more or less spearheaded the whole movement for a separation when an agreement (in their eyes) could not be made with Altare. 

In the early 1800's Turris's mate died giving birth to their still borne son.  With the death of his mate weighing heavily on his soul Turris set out on his own leaving the hidden mountain valley where he had grown up with his branch of the Gangrel.  Several years after starting this journey he came across the strange cent of werewolf's and vampire's living together.  Remembering the old family stories of how their family had split from the main body of the Gangrel clan Turris studied this group for nearly 3 years always staying in the outskirts until his curiosity got the better of him and he decided to make contact with them. 

Station: Having come in as somewhat of an outsider not withstanding the fact he carried the blood of the Gangrel Clan within his veins Turris has finally earned the respect and trust of his fellow clan members as he has given his full loyal service to Queen Altera slowly working his way up through the higher Archy of his 'new' clan members.   

Weapons:  In human form, Long staff and bow.  Also expert in the use of Nunchucks.  Wears two pairs both with silver blades that come out of the ends when used in a certain combination of moves and grips on the ebony surface of the nunchucks themselves.  In transformed state like most other werewolves his claws and teeth become the only weapons he needs. 

Abilities: Typical werewolf abilities only with the advantage of superior hearing which gives him an advantage in knowing where his opponents are and knowing their movements.   His superior hearing is limited to within a hundred yard of his person.
`
Appearance: Human form/Much like that of Wolverine in the new X-Men movies (if you have not seen the movies that would make him about 5'10" and physically fit) only his hair is black and much longer coming almost half way down his back when worn loose but is normally tied back in a pony tail with a leather thong.  Is most often found wearing black leather pants black boots, black poets shirt and long (yes you guessed it) black leather trench style coat with slits under the arms to allow for more freedom in movement should a fight break out.  In transformed state is nearly all black save for a 3 inch silver crescent moon shape on the back of his right shoulder blade.

Personality:  Both reserved and quiet.  The perfect silent sentinel for he is both a watcher and listener.  Poised and always ready for action.

Esoteric Myobi

Alright! Have updated the list of positions and characters. Dark Clown has won the position of Ravnos King, his profile should be posted up shortly. We also have another wolf on board which brings our roster up to an even 10 and an equal amount of male and female characters as well. Perfect!

Any plotting that needs to be done between characters, please do so. Since I don't really have a specific plot laid out, everyone can basically plan out their own subplots and incorporate them into the storyline. Of course, if it's something important and specific and you think may be ruined by others unless you tell me beforehand, then feel free to do so and I will try to make it happen.

I will be making an OOC thread soon and after that hopefully the first game thread for Chapter 1 to begin! ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Psst, Myobi *uses super whispery voice*

Is this Thief or Desires?  *looks up*

Looking forward to it.

Nim

Congrats on winning the role Random  Dark Clown.   Sorry went along with the trend should have checked... *waggles finger at Myobi... then blows a light kiss to her cheek.*

I am looking forward to the start of this new game. 

Esoteric Myobi

-giggles and looks around secretively-

I think...it's Desires...that must be why I'm feeling so...desiring right now? :o

I always want to steal something or cut someone's throat in Thief...-coughs-...I mean. Er. Act like the civilized sociopath and well behaved citizen that Era truly is at heart.

What? Don't look at me like that! I swear she pays the taxes!

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Lady Kitsune

Ahem *coughs and clears throat*

I meant...1st page says Dark *looks up at Random*

*Epic fail on gentle nudge*

And I doubt Era pays all her taxes. >.>

Esoteric Myobi

-falls flat on her face as realization smacks her like a brick-

Oh my. Someone tell me to stop talking to them both at once! There's too many clowns on this site x3

Excuse me, Dark Clown not Random Clown (has edited her posts).

And she does!...She pays all of a years worth in the span of ten years time. =) See?

Edit: Huh, for some odd reason I wrote Dark on the first post but then Random in that little post here...-scatterbrained-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Mr Self Destruct

We Clowns get confused too easily, it seems. lol

Anyway, here's my profile.  Those other vamp kings (and anyone else who'd like to peruse) feel free to give it a look, and let me know if anything plot wise jumps out that we might use in the current day story. 

Name: Aleksey Desaad
Race: Vampire
Weapons: A pair of sabres, or Szabla, as they are called in his native Hungary.  They are weapons of exceptional craftsmanship, and were created during his rule over Hungary in the late 1500's.  Given as a gift by a subjugated mortal King, they were quickly used to behead said king, and its rumored that the man's blood still taints their hilts.

Abilities: Illusion, Flight
Appearance:

Personality: Years of life among the dead, mimicking humanity whilst amongst them, has left his sanity fractured, if not close to breaking.  At times he is cold and aloof, heedless of outside influence, worrying about his own trivialities as a monster.  At other times, his focus is almost too intense, and he can spend hours plotting and scheming, thinking of plans and probabilities with a mind that would border between genius and insanity.  His personality is such that every night can bring a new and strange twist to those around him.  If nothing else, he is always esoteric and unique, and not many can concieve ways in which to interact with him.

Biography: Born in Stalingrad (now Volgograd) in southwestern Russia in 1492, he was the only child of Petrovich Desaad, a pure blood vampire of the Ravnos clan who could track his lineage back to the time of the Crusades.  Being the progeny of such a powerful creature brought with it its own form of trials and tribulations, and the young child was often criticized by his father for failing to follow the grand example set to him by his father, and those before him.  His mother, a fellow pure blood, was little better, though she did show a compassion for the boy that bordered on obsessive.  She made certain that he was finely dressed at all times, and fussed for hours over his appearance, instilling in him an obsessiveness over his own appearance that has survived to the present day.

When he was older, he began attending clan meetings with his father, and was stunned to discover that the members of the Ravnos clan numbered in the thousands.  The clan had sub groups that were called Covens, and each coven could host a hundred members or more.  But for all of this 'caste' systemizing, it did little good when squabbles over land and feeding rights broke out between covens.  As often as the vampires of the Ravnos fought their enemies, they fought each other, and more often than not when a vampire of the clan died, it was by the hands of a fellow Ravnos.

Being a pure blood himself, all of this violence and bloodshed was not only foolish, but downright dangerous to his existance.  As his mind matured and grew, so did his desire for peace.  Where his father would simply turn a blind eye, he would press and investigate for answers, earning the ire of not only the other clans, but also those among his own.  Rumors circulated that the young upstart prince was growing to be a thorn in the clan's side, and unbeknownst to him, plots were made to silence the inquisitive and insistant young vampire, forever.

So it was when he was just half a century old, a trio of assassins swiftly entered his chambers, weapons at the ready, intent on silencing his voice forever.  They were foolish in thinking him an easy target; for years, his father had insisted that he train with a blade, should a time like this ever come.  He battled them, three against one, and defeated them each in turn.  Lost in the thrill of battle, overcome with its lust, he gave into his own hunger and drank the rapidly spilling blood of the three vampires that had attacked him. 

It was thus that his father discovered him, kneeling on the floor, his fangs sunk into the flesh of one of his assassins, the other two already turned to a dry husk from the taboo feeding.  Horrified at the scene, and infuriated with his son's lack of control, he dubbed the boy Kinslayer, and banished him from his kingdom for the rest of his unnatural life.  At the pain of death, he was warned never to return, and for two hundred years, he traveled the world, growing and maturing, and ultimately coming to understand one thing: if he were to truly survive, he not only had to face his past, but overcome it.  And the only way to do that was to face his father.

During his years of solitude, he had learned more about the art of killing, spending nearly a century as Hungary's overlord.  He ruled the land with an iron fist, and laid a bloody gauntlet of death and despair across the landscape.  Any who resisted were punished severely as an example to the rest, and it was during this time that he earned the moniker Desaad Nex Paciscor, or Desaad the Death Dealer.  He beheaded the King of Hungary, Rudolf II, after the man presented him a pair of twin sabers as a tribute of loyalty. 

This fortitude in the face of death served him well.  No longer affected by the horrors of death and bloodshed like he once was, he returned to his father's land, and challenged him.  Such a formal challenge was unheard of, but Petrovich, as lord of his domain, was obligated to accept it, lest the vampires of his clan see him as weak.  His son knew this, and used the challenge to lure his father out to face him.  The battle was bloody and quick, ending with Petrovich's head separated from his body, and his blood staining his son's garments.

Inheriting his father's status and lands, he began a new time of prosperity for mortals and pure bloods alike.  Tiring of bloodshed and depravity, he set his sights on advancing his realm, and it wasn't long before the mortal realm flourished.  The vampires in his realm flourished as humanity grew, and feeding was largely unnoticed, so long as one was careful.  This time of peace would last only a scant sixty years, before the burdgeoning realm came under attack from a source all too close to home.

The revenants of the Ravnos clan, those who lusted for power and status of their own, betrayed him to the other clans.  Doing so was such an unspeakable act of treachery that death was considered the only suitable punishment.  Fortunately (for those performing the act), the punishment was only justified if their schemes failed.  Unfortunately for the young pure blood, their plan succeeded.  The revenants had allowed members of clans Malkavian and Brujah to lay claim to bordering territories, and it wasn't long before fighting began.  This fighting eventually scarred the landscape and brought death and bloodshed to the very steps of his castle.  Forced to defend himself and his holdings, he rode out to meet these usupers face to face, little realizing how outnumbered he was.

He was summarily defeated, overwhelmed by superior numbers.  In their haste to avoid the burning daylight, the revenants, along with the members of the Malkavian and Brujah forces, staked his body to the roof of the town's cathedral.  They jabbed long pikes through his hands and feet, pinning him to the crumbling rooftop, and left him for the sunlight to finish off.  After nearly three centuries of unlife, it seemed that the young Desaad prince would finally meet his end.

But fate was with him, it seemed, as the dawn approached.  Representatives of two factions, those led by the Malkavian 'King', and the Brujah 'King', were there to rescue him, and pull him down from the rooftop.  He escaped the terrible power of the dawn, and was made to promise his allegiance at that very moment.  If he refused, his saviors would leave him for the dawn once more.  If he agreed, however, he would have his chance at vengeance.  He quickly agreed, eager to taste the blood of his enemies.

Their plan was swift and quick.  After meeting with the 'Kings' of the other two clans, it was decided that they would gather those loyal to their banner, and march on the other clans.  The vampires had grown too wide in their reach, and the young prince almost beleived that his cause was holy in its scope and purpose.  It also offered him the chance for vengeance, and it was a vengeance that he took great pleasure in dealing.  Gathering those loyal to him, and his father, he joined forces with the other two factions, and laid waste to the whole of the vampire population.  Desaad the Death Dealer, the Kinslayer, and now King of the Ravnos, wrought such devestation during his march that his bloodlust was second to none in the years that followed.  When the smoke and the stench of death slowly began to clear, he was a changed creature, his sanity crumbling under the weight of so much death.

Their task complete, they had but one final goal: claiming the daughter of Clan Altare in order to breed with her, and propogate their own species.  The heir to the Clan Altere throne was young, however, and would take centuries to mature, ultimately making their plan stall.  In this interlude, the vampire went on his own path, eventually finding and Turning a young woman of noble birth to act as his second.  In the years that followed, he has remained largely a ghost, a figure spoken about by Turned and the Fangless, a legend both nameless and faceless.  As the nights seem to shorten, and the Triumverate's goal coming closer to fruition, will the legend become reality once more?  Will Desaad the Death Dealer, the Kinslayer, return to haunt the modern nights?  Or will his task ultimately be his undoing?

Cassiopeia

Very very awesome Dark Clown, way to develop your character!

Jellineck

Le RandomBloke

I'm honoured to be so awesome you confuse me with someone else. :P

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Esoteric Myobi

It's not my fault I got confused! You're both clowns regardless >.>; One's just random while the other's dark...they're practically the same!

But yes, that was an awesome profile Dark. =) Very impressive ^^

I think we're waiting on profiles from two more people, or at least two more people have told me that they were definitely interested in joining...the rest seem to still be debating .-.;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Nim

Yes Dark Clown that truly was a well thought out profile.   I definitely can see why you were selected for the part.

Esoteric Myobi

The OOC thread has finally been made. =)

The game threads will hopefully soon follow.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Malina

Hi, there,  :D

finally I join officially and deliver my profile. I hope I'm not the last to do so, and if I am, that you've not been waiting too long.

There might be minor changes in this profile in case Dark Clown wishes to add or alter something as the Ravnos King's player.

Looking forwards to RPing with you all,

Malina

Name: Adelaide d’Harcourt

Race: Pureblood Vampire

Station:

A lover of music, dance and storytelling, and a chronicler so long ago it is entirely forgotten by almost every vampire, during the times of the ancient war (and still so if her king should wish it), she was an inquisitor and torturer.

Weapons/Abilities:

Empathy, Illusion

She uses weapons according to convenience and what the occasion warrants. She has quite a collection, and some are unusual, indeed.

Appearance:

She has very long hair, dark brown with hints of copper and gold in it, and eyes so dark they seem black in most light, and a red tinged brown if the light falls into them. With five feet and four inches, she once stood tall among her contemporaries.

Personality:

Largely unknown. She is a riddle to most, feared by some, described to be utterly without feeling, cruel, calculating, cold, no matter how charming she might appear if she so choses. There are rumours that once, she was as harmless as she can still seem. That almost caressing timbre of her voice, those soft dark eyes under thick, long lashes, that wide, generous smile and infectious laughter, some insist, once belonged to a vampire whose looks did not belie her nature, whose sweetness was not yet poisoned. It appears it is nigh on impossible to make her lose her temper, anger or insult her, but perhpas one should not judge only by that which meets the eye?

Biography:

Rare the vampire who remembers young Adelaide, the lover, the mother she once has been. Few survived to tell of the fate that befell her child, murdered out of envy, greed and hunger for power when it was so little. What the death of so small a being brought about would have been legendary, perhaps, had more survived to tell the tale. Adelaide had been hardly mentioned in those days of many conflicts and great deeds, charming and entertaining but politically unimportant, an observer and chronicler of the doings of others, she was a vampire none had reckoned with.

This would change too late for most, and only when she had hauled in her net, pulled the strings she had spun for decades, and set her enemies one against the other like rabid dogs. With the loss of her child through treachery and murder, she had changed into a creature of wrath, seemingly without compassion, a schemer and torturer with no other, albeit secret, obsession than to bring down every single one who had known of the plans to murder her child, had plotted, aided or executed the deed, yes, everyone held dear by any of these vampires. She wanted them wiped them out, one way or another, and had them killed or killed them herself.

The most involved, most guilty, most hated, she kept for half an eternity in her new and secret abode, to listen to their screams and pleas. In the course of these events, she refined her methods of interrogation and torture, until she reached true mastery in these fine arts. Centuries later, all involved in her child's death were hunted down, dead, forgotten, all who had a desire to avenge these vampires, too, along with all their allies. It was over. Silence fell. Her hatred had held its harvest and burned out.

Then, thankfully for her, perhaps, the madness of the last war came over vampire society, and she could use her talents once more. This is where her tale becomes more commonly known, where her terrible fame was founded. Was she so much worse than others, then, so much more cruel? Probably not. But she seemed - and seems to this night - so much less so that it made a strong impression. Only during the war, like a poisonous bubble in a swamp, she rose to the surface of vampire society and was duly noticed. Afterwards, with peace the new ruler, she was gone again, as silently as she had appeared in their midst one night, and she will not be seen again amongst them until her king summons her.

How he spends the long hours of her nights, whether the rumours of what she does to and with her captives, of whom it is believed she keeps them still, would hold true upon inspection, none can tell. None knows whether her home is as beautiful as has been claimed, or whether she wanders there, devastated, filled with remorse, as some would like to think, or whether she is as crazed as as others claim, whether she ever held or visited this feast, such an orgy, that secret gathering...

Akasma

Name: Samantha Altare (Previously Elizabeth Lasombra)
Age: She never kept count; she knows that she is well over a thousand years old.
Race: Vampire- pure blood
Clan: of the extinct (except for her, as far as she knows) Lasombra clan
Station: Hand maiden to Arina, always available for counsel.
Weapons: None, she has only defensive martial arts training purely for the sake of deflecting attacks.
Abilities: Empathy/Limited Telepathy (these abilities attributing very directly to the woman she has become.)
Appearance:
   Height: 5’0
Weight: 90 lbs
Eyes: Emerald green
Hair: Fiery red, curly, and down to her ankles
Body: Slender and graceful.
Description: Samantha is slender and delicate in appearance. It is obvious that she is not a fighter but she is graceful and quick. Her skin is alabaster white except for the freckles she has forever scorned.
http://www.becomegorgeous.com/img/users/jacqueline/hair_styles/super_cool_red_curly_hair-117.jpg

Personality: Surprisingly gentle, and ever in the pursuit of knowledge she spends most of her time reading. She is fluent in several languages and is a willing listener for anyone needing someone to vent to. She has made being unnoticed somewhat of an art form. Even among the Altare, she is often sitting in the room somewhere out of the way with the queen reading a book, ready for the queen’s call at any moment. In her own time she gardens at night, maintaining extensive flower gardens and she uses dancing as a form of meditation. She is almost always wearing long, flowing, elegant, dresses. She never was able to completely let go of the romantic eras dress style, lucky for her long elegant dresses are always in style. She is entirely opposed to violence of any kind and feels that her race will be saved only through knowledge and not through the acquisition of power. She does not often laugh after the loss of her family.

Biography:
It was a time of Vikings and religious persecution that saw Samantha into this world, born Elizabeth Lasombra to parents Kathrine and Joseph. Their clan was small but well established because the humans willingly served the Lasombra family for protection from other invading humans. The Lasombra were easily able to protect their subjects, without killing the attackers. The attackers were usually disarmed and turned into the servants of those they were protecting. Though Joseph insisted all be treated kindly, no beatings or starvation were allowed.
Through their kindness and control of rule their family grew and prospered. Kathrine was an amazing superintendent managing monetary matters and all trading. Elizabeth was taught to value knowledge over everything other than those you love, so much so that her hunger for knowledge was greater than her vampiric thirst for blood. So grew their family hold, she spent her days secluded away into a room surrounded by a 10ft wall of roses so that none but a vampire could enter. This blissful period lasted many centuries their greatest adventures being the collection of books, a rare prize in that era.

Given the gift of foresight, Joseph saw a glimpse of upcoming raids and knew his peaceful province would never survive. He bade Elizabeth marry the prince of the Brujah, Aaron, she reluctantly agreed at her fathers insistence. The union brought in a great many warriors and they valiantly protected the peaceable Lasombra family. In return the warriors gained much land and access to a great many luxuries they had previously been denied. This pulled the family through the raids, squashing the irrational pillagers and Aaron and Elizabeth had a child, a son, they named him Christopher. To Elizabeth’s dismay he was much like his father, eager for battle. She hoped that time would soften him but he trained beneath his father to become an amazing fighter, the best in their land by far.

After a time of peace, it was decided best to split the hold into two parts. The rowdy warriors had their own fort while the Lasombra’s stayed almost exclusively in the castle. One day without notice Joseph sent Elizabeth to fetch for him a tome from Rome that he had been trying to locate for some time. She knew something must be wrong and begged for him to tell her what was going on as the servants loaded the carriage with what seemed like an excessive amount of supplies. Finally they rendered Elizabeth unconscious and shackled her for the journey.
Later she would find that her father foresaw the demise of their lands at the hands of one of the larger clans. His premonition came too late to save more than Elizabeth and he knew they would be hunted to the ends of the Earth if he or Kathrine tried to escape, endangering their daughter. It was at the point that Elizabeth heard her family’s fate that she simultaneously changed her name to Samantha, going into hiding and went into mourning for her lost loved ones. She has never returned to her homeland.

One day Samantha heard of a brave Queen of the Altare clan that also thought war was not the answer. She met with this queen and offered to help the queen in any way she could in exchange for protection. Her offer was accepted, her fluency in a plethora of languages and diplomatic skill were bound to be of assistance. This was Arina’s mother and Samantha told her the whole truth of her history and asked that this knowledge not be shared with anyone. When the resurgence came that ended the Queen’s life Samantha became determined to ensure that Arina would not share a similar fate.

Now she serves Arina in a similar station, whether directing the household’s servants, acquiring clothing to Arina’s unique tastes, or negotiating diplomatic solutions for the eclectic collection of peoples that now comprise the Altare clan she performs her duties admirably. She views Arina as not only her race’s last chance for unity, but for the whole world’s final chance for lasting peace.

*It may need a bit of tweaking but I think that should be it for the most part*

Bluerhythms

Hi there!

I have read through this thread and I am very interested in this game. Expect my application for a human in a few days :)

Esoteric Myobi

Blue, glad to know that someone else wants to keep TheHangedMan company. Any questions just shoot me a PM, or if I'm taking too long to respond (which may very well happen due to current circumstances) feel free to ask Cassiopeia for help on details.

Looking forward to seeing your profile.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Bluerhythms

Hey hey :D

Finally, my application! Sorry this was so long in the making... I'm very busy lately ^^

Name: Logan Bale
Clan: N/A
Station: N/A

Weapons/Abilities: No weapons, no abilities! Such is the fate of humans... :)

Appearance:

Personality: Logan is a bright, curious woman with an aggressive sense of humor, somewhat disillusioned when it comes to modern society. She is naturally impatient and acting on instinct has led her to mistakes in the past, but she can prove to be very brave in extreme situations.

Biography: Logan was born in the London Heathrow airport, in the ladies room, during one of her father's many business trips, and was named thus in thanks to the nurse who had happened to be touching up her makeup the day Logan's mother decided she couldn't convince her body to postpone the baby's birth until the next trip anymore. As her parents divorced when she was two, Logan was raised between San Fransisco, at her father's remote and highly secured propriety, and her mother's flat in a small suburb near Paris.

Mostly left to her own devices, Logan grew up like a wild plant with no sun, clinging to cracks and building a hard temperament in order to protect herself from the others, suffering from other children's jealousy - and giving them hell for it - at her father's and the jokes on her accent and her name in France. Only as she turned fifteen and developed a passion for photography did she start to meet people and learn how to open up. Naturally talented for the arts, she decided to make a living of her hobby, and pursued art studies at college.

It was a month before she finished her course - her social life well established and on her way to reconnect with her mother - that Logan's life took a radical turn. The chosen theme of her last course work being cemeteries, Logan thought she would take pictures of the graves at different moments of the day - and night - and make it into a theme. While she was preparing for a night shoot, she failed to see that she wasn't alone in the graveyard, and accidentally photographed a lonely mourner in a long coat, standing before an old cross covered in moss. She had promptly apologized of course, and moved to another part of the yard.

But as she developed the photographs a few days later, she noticed something very strange in one of her pictures, the picture of the mourner - or where the mourner should have been. The old crossed appeared indeed, with its yellowish moss looking almost green under the flash, but the man was nowhere in the picture, as if he had never existed...

Or as if he couldn't appear in it.

From this moment, Logan has been searching for this man - or whatever he may be - for she is convinced that he is something more. Her natural curiosity, combined with humans well known thirst for discovery, has led her onward restlessly. One thing is for sure, Logan is looking for the truth, and she will get it, no matter what she has to do...

Cassiopeia

Well worth the wait Blue!  Awesome character  ;D

Bluerhythms

Shorter than I would have liked, but I really can't put enough of my mind into it to make it longer at the moment ^^

Cassiopeia

Nah, it was a good length!  Very informative about the character as a person ^^  Have you checked out the OOC yet btw?

Bluerhythms

Esoteric Myobi

Looks like one of our blood bags are overly curious x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Bluerhythms

Nothing like putting your nose in other creatures people's business.

TheHangedOne

Hey, cool, another blood bag. :D I'm not alone any more.
Check out my poet tree!

Esoteric Myobi

Yay for company =) Too bad she's not in the same country though...but I'm sure that can change. Maybe a hint that the vampire she's been looking for is in Ireland?

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Nim

*Tries to think of a male vampire we have in Ireland.... hmmmm I guess better make one... but where would he fit in...*

Esoteric Myobi

He doesn't have to live in Ireland =P Just recent rumors that there may be vampires there. Nothing specifying male or female, etc. Also there'll be plenty of vampires, male and female, making their way to Ireland soon enough anyway x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Nim

hummm yes well that is very true.   So many different vamps too.... hmmmm wolfie will have far to many vamps to worry about without adding another.   ;D

Bluerhythms

I can actually make that happen myself if it's easier, but of course I would prefer some interaction :p

Aether

I will attempt to compile a post for Wednesday.  As I can see, we are not too involving ourselves in back history for chapter one, which is good, because my desire to wax elaborate is a bit much for me atm.  Post coming soon!

Esoteric Myobi

Whatever works best for you Blue. Though I'm sure you'll be getting some interaction regardless x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Crovonovin

Name: Lucco Bright
Nicknames: “Benny the Brawler”; aka “Crazy-Eights Jackson”; aka “Minnie the Moocher”; aka “Swing King”; aka “Pinch Hitter”; aka “Smooth Clyde; aka “Mikey Two-Eyes”; aka “Joey Ten-Fingers”; aka “That Sonova Bitch Who Still Owes Me Ten Bucks”; aka "Oh God My Kneecaps!"; ad nauseum
Race: Turned
Station: Professional Assassin/Hitman
Weapons:
Melee (Various):
Mr. Bright has a rather unhealthy obsession with objects that are pointy, objects that are blunt, and just about everything in between that could be utilized as a weapon in combat.  Crowbars, spiked knuckles, switchblades, claw hammers, pliers, nail clippers, toothpicks, staplers, rubber bands (don’t ask), frying pans;  it would be easier to list the things that Lucco doesn’t carry around on him.  However, he does wield one signature weapon:  a massive silver baseball bat bound up with barbed wire that he is murderously possessive of.

Chicago Typewriter:
A holdover from his Prohibition-era days, Lucco still has a preference for the good old Thompson Submachinegun, using the semi-automatic  22. Caliber 1927A3 variant.  Given his tenacity of his typical targets, he keeps a plentiful stock of both silver bullets and holy water-filled rounds on his person at all times, in addition to the standard  rounds.

Abilities: 
Major:  ‘Flight’
Ever since his turning Lucco has developed a habit of jumping around like a hyperactive flea, apparently finding the thrill of bodily flinging himself through the air to be, in his words, a “potent aphrodisiac”.  Unpleasant implications aside, he’s gotten to be quite acrobat, utilizing sporadic and often suicidal movements in his own unique brand of combat.
Minor:  Illusions
A gift from his lover and Master, Lucco also possess some rudimentary skill in the illusionary arts.  He puts this ability to particularly sadistic use against mortals, but against fellow vampires and werewolves he will often display a surprising amount of subtlety.  Rather than attempt to force convincing illusions on those liable to resist them, he will instead toy with an opponent’s depth perception and other senses at opportune moments to gain the advantage.

Appearance:
Were it not for his other, numerous character flaws, Lucco would immediately come across as the “ideal” male specimen; a well maintained physique, wide-shouldered and possessing all the muscle of a prize fighter, unusually dark skin for someone who quite obviously spends no time out in sunlight, a head of mussed up blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and the sort of charmingly tough face that’d turn most any woman’s head.

Always dressed to impress, he most commonly wears a crisp black silk suit with a crimson necktie, pearl gray spats, and a diamond studded platinum watch chain.  The man refuses to wear a hat, taking considerable pride in his hair and preferring to leave it uncovered. 

Personality:
Unfortunately for any woman whose heads do turn his way, Lucco Bright is completely and utterly psychotic.  On a scale of one to ten on the “Total Fucking Whackjob” scale, he comes in at an even twelve.  His sole saving grace is that he possesses the modicum of self restraint that strait-jacket wearing, frothing-at-the-mouth madmen lack.  His handsome features are almost always turned up into an unwholesome crocodile grin that was only made more terrifying by the addition of vampiric fangs upon his Turning, and he has a discomforting habit of forgetting to blink when talking. 

Which he does.  A lot.  It’s generally assumed that Bright is infatuated with the sound of his own voice, a voice that could be considered attractive if it wasn’t generally reaching totally manic pitches.  He also enjoys laughing, which wouldn’t be all that bad if he didn’t prefer to do so while killing people.  His favourite targets, barring the ones that he’s paid to knock off, are those who believe themselves to be completely and utterly untouchable.  The political powerhouses, the crimelords, the arrogant; the ones who would never in a million years believe that anyone could possibly be so completely insane as to simply ignore all of their power and shoot them right between the eyes like a common street thug.  Unfortunately for this sort of person, Lucco is completely insane.

Lucco has a very odd way of showing affection.  Namely, he enjoys attempting to kill the people that he likes the most, and the people he likes the most tend to be anyone who attacks him and turns out to be an equal (or superior) in combat.  Of course, he generally seems quite happy to kill just about everyone, whether they’re actually capable of fighting back or not.  When it comes to murder, he does not discriminate by race, sex, age, or creed.  As a general rule, any corpse left behind by Mr. Lucco Bright will not be experiencing an open casket funeral.

Biography:

Born the son of a butcher father and an ineffectual alcoholic of a mother, it would be putting it lightly to say that Lucco experienced a rough childhood.  His parents were mutually abusive towards one another, both tough and stubborn enough to beat on the other until blood started flowing.  When they weren’t focused on screaming or beating the ever loving shit out of each other, they typically took it out on their son in various ways.  His father seemed to find particular enjoyment in hitting Lucco in the gut just to see him keel over, and on particularly irksome days would take a knife or a whip to his back.  As for his mother, she would slap him into furniture unless he managed to scrounge up enough money to pay for her addiction, which he usually ended up getting by pounding on fellow children.  It was only through complete luck that the boy managed to make it to adulthood with his jaw in one piece and his nose not permanently crooked, but he certainly had his share of scars to show for it. 

For any other boy this would have been a torturous existence, but even as young as he was it seemed as though a few rather important wires had been crossed inside his skull.  Lucco came to enjoy the beatings, wearing the bruises and cuts with pride and inflicting the same wounds on his peers for kicks.  At the age of fifteen he cracked his mother over the head with her own bottle and told her to get her ass up and scrounge for money herself, to which she (eventually) complied.  At the age of seventeen he took a baseball bat and broke both of his father’s kneecaps, giving him a limp that would remain for the rest of his life. 

It should surprise no one to learn that Lucco Bright Sr. was filled with pride at this development, finally considering the boy to be a true man worthy of his respect.  It was then that Lucco’s father revealed the darker nature of his profession; a butcher by day, and a Cleaner for the mafia at night.  Hating to see his son’s brutality go to waste on street punks, his father pulled the right strings to get him a job as a low level enforcer.

The rest, as they say, is history.  For the next ten years Lucco focused all of his unbridled lunacy on the enemies of his new Boss, much to the horror of those he was set loose upon.  It was an Age of Cruelty, when Prohibition was at its peak and criminals held about as much power as politicians, when the politicians weren’t criminals themselves.  Lucco often remarked that he had been born at the perfect time in American history, when a man of his particular inclination could easily get a job doing what he did best.

The man was too clever for his own good, often surprising those who wrote him off as nothing more than a mad dog.  Unfortunately, “surprising them” usually involving strangulation or a broken skull.  Taking up boxing on the side at the age of nineteen, by his late twenties he had become a formidable hand-to-hand combatant.  He fought as viciously as a wild animal, and showed just as much restraint as one too.  Both friends and foes feared or hated him, his name becoming more than enough incentive for rival gangs to stay well away from the Mafia’s territory.

It wasn’t until he was twenty-eight that Lucco Bright finally found a real challenge.  Strolling about the alleys of Chicago at night with a baseball bat, looking to brutally maim the first person that was unlucky enough to cross his path, he came across a regal looking woman wearing a blood-stained dress.  The two stared at one another for a long moment, Lucco with his slasher’s grin and her with a placid look that bordered on mechanical, before the latter brought up a knife and leapt at him with a killer’s intent.  The ensuing battle lasted three hours and spanned seven different neighborhoods, through buildings, busy city intersections, across rooftops, and finally ending in a run-down factory in the industrial district. 

The woman possessed unnatural speed, strength, and stamina, and wove masterful illusions like a seamstress weaves silk.  Yet for all of her advantages, Lucco Bright soldiered on, laughing all the way.  The illusions failed one by one, the man’s mind so grounded in the reality of the moment that it could not be persuaded to see anything else but her.  By the time they finally paused he had received shallow knife wounds over sixty-seven percent of his body, and every inch of him was covered with his own blood.  The woman had received a good few cracks across the skull, and her arms were bruised from the force of his blows and slightly bloody where his bat had finally splintered into pieces against her powerful bones.

And in this instant of breathlessness following the carnage, the sound of sirens wailing in the background and the glow of faraway fires reflecting in the windows, the two fell in love.  Lucco held the woman by the shoulders, who introduced herself as Victoria Altare, and made to her the most heartfelt promise that the man had ever made in the entirety of his life.  With a passion that would have brought a poet to tears, Lucco Bright made the solemn vow that he would one day kill the fair Victoria in the most unspeakably violent manner possible.  She accepted happily, tears rolling down her cheeks.

The two were practically inseparable from that point onwards, though onlookers often professed that they weren’t quite sure if the two were lovers or if he was keeping some poor woman hostage.  She certainly seemed to grow weak at the knees when in his arms, her earlier dominance entirely vanishing beneath his maddened blue eyes.  Lucco was also the only one that never questioned the fact that Victoria never went out until after the sun had set; he accepted her exactly as she was, blindly ignoring all of her numerous oddities.  That is, until the day that he died.

Caught in the middle of a sudden ambush by the police, Lucco Bright was riddled with more holes than a sponge.  Not one to simply lie down and die because of a silly thing like losing a few dozen pints of blood and having several vital organs completely pulped, he promptly grabbed his gun and proceeded to shoot down every damn person left standing in the room, walk three blocks and up ten flights of stairs back to his apartment, and collapse in a pool of his own gore. 

One can only imagine just how surprised he was to wake up again.  Victoria had made her choice the moment he burst through the front door, saving her lover’s life at the expense of his mortality.  Revealing her true nature and origins, Lucco Bright was suddenly forced to confront the fact that an entire civilization of mythological creatures had been living right under his nose without his knowledge.  He promptly began laughing, and continued to do so for the next three days as he proceeded to find every last one that had engineered the set  up and beat them into a bloody stain on the pavement, including several of his own men, the current Chief of Police, and his own Boss.

The proceeding decades have been a whirlwind of senseless violence, moving from one criminal organization to the next simply for the thrill of the slaughter.  Men of power and men of weakness died alike, the alcohol and blood flowed in equal measure, and good times were had by all.  “All” referring primarily to Lucco Bright.  Immortality suited the man a little too well, and he used it to live life to the absolute fullest.  The Jazz movement had a particular effect on him, forever cementing his love of the saxophone as the second greatest instrument ever to be invented by mankind, right after the gun.  Nowadays he has a peculiar habit of keeping “background music” playing from a handheld radio at all times, containing various “themes” for different occasions.

Unfortunately, the good times would not last forever.  Lucco Bright’s murderous rampage across the United States and eventually Western Europe earned him a great deal of enemies, a number which now included the likes of feral werewolves, rival vampires, and vampire hunters.  In 1995 the happy couple were staying at a tavern in an old Spanish village off the shores of the Guadiana, when a particularly tenacious Hunter finally caught up with them.  Apparently seeking revenge for the murder of one of his own relatives, he managed to immobilize Victoria with a blessed chain and cross before blowing a hole clean through her chest, obliterating her heart and killing her almost instantly.

Of what happened afterwards, Lucco recalls very little.  Everything became an infuriated, bloody haze, set to the tune of a saxophone punctuated with screams.  When he had finally calmed down, everything within a two miles radius of the town had been killed.  Literally everything, from the piles of splintered bone and crimson mush that had once passed for human beings and animals, all the way down to the uprooted trees and blackened smudges where insects had once crawled.  It was the only time in Lucco Bright’s entire life that he had ever been legitimately angry, and the result was nothing short of catastrophic.  When asked about it later, he only had this to say:

“That sonova bitch, I was the one that was gonna kill her!”

Completely lost and without aim, the man turned to the last refuge in the world that would still accept him, among the relatives and comrades of Victoria: The House of Altare.  He has worked as Altare’s most infamous Enforcer ever since, taking the dirtiest of jobs and personally seeing to it that the lifespan of its enemies takes a sudden and drastic plummet.

Nim

Turris finds himself happy to learn he happens to belong to the Altare household. 

Jellineck

It's occurred to me that I'm playing waaaay too many evilish characters at the moment. I need to even the playing field out a bit. Not really with a good guy, but at least with a relatively harmless one. Since we have plenty of vamps and werewolves, I hope everyone will enjoy another bloodbag. Especially an Irish one!

Name: Colin Flaherty

Weapons:

Knife - A Spyderco flick knife that would be about as useful in a fight with the undead as a screaming half-naked cheerleader.

Assorted tools of the laughter trade - If you happen to be deathly terrified of clowns, then Colin will smear your nightmares with the greasy white face-paint of doom.

Abilities:

Flexible. Colin is like Gumby - no matter how you twist and bend him, he just never fucking seems to die.

Exotic accent. He scores with horny tourists despite the fact he's so pasty and thin that he makes Robert Pattinson look like Shaft.

Appearance:

Colin is a rather bony man with a mess of brown curls cropped close to his head. He favors wearing "punk" clothes that include TV shirts with band logos he thinks girls will find impressive, ripped jeans, and pseudo-leather jackets. His jeans always sag to reveal his boxers adorned with the Irish flag. This is done out of desperate hope that the hooligans won't kick his back door in and feck with his bollocks, in compensation for his increasingly faint Brit accent.

Personality:

He's a piece of shite by almost all accounts, friends and families alike. Most would claim he's a lazy fuck-up. But he contends that he just has a personality prone to instability and chaos. He's attracted to the bizarre. In returns, it always seems to find him. A long line of madness including cults and circuses have been left in his hazy wake. He enjoys wandering, profanity, reckless sex and drinking, and collecting other people's wallets.

History:

The eighties observed little "Fagerty" snorting cayenne seasoning up his nose. By the nineties, he graduated to every intoxicant he could get his hands on. He moved to the Irish crime haven of Limerick to be a part of the infamous "Scions of the Bloodbath" cult. This required him to be cleansed of unholy drugs, so he could instead indulge in the bloody rituals that his leader declared to be tributes to the dark vampiric gods. However, after watching a bunch of whackers get hepatitis, even he knew to get the feck out. That brought him to the streets of Dublin's Temple Bar, where he discovered that people will actually throw coins at you for acting the maggot. These days, he makes a living with street performing around the major cities of Europe. His most successful guise is that of a shitfaced clown that makes crude pornography out of balloons. It's very popular with the drunken Americans.

Esoteric Myobi

Hah! Jellineck, I love it. He should add quite a bit of humor to the rest of us grim immortals. x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Malina

*laughs* Oh, wow - that character is so obviously yours and yet so different from the others, you're really a fountain of imagination, bubbling out one unique creation after the other. He's great! Three cheers for more hilarity.  XD

Akasma

Posting another character, thought it would be cool to have some more woolfies! =D Please let me know what you think?

Name: Isabella Carilla DeLuna

Clan: Gangrel, full blooded werewolf

Station: Clan Shaman, medicine woman.

Weapons:  Dual wielded chain whips similar to this:
http://www.swords24.eu/images/products/en/9_Section_Whip_Chain_KungFu.jpg
The knives on the ends are made of silver, she also keeps a silver dagger on her for close quarters fighting.

Abilities:  Superbly acute tactile sense.

Appearance: http://www.urbanspinonline.com/display/ShowImage?imageUrl=/storage/AmberRose2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1250099259164

Wolf form:
Silver with a black diamond on her forehead

Height:  6’

Weight: 165 lbs

Eyes: large, Dark brown and thickly lashed

Hair: Short, bright blue (changes frequently)

Body:  curvaceous, several tribal tattoos, dark well tanned skin. In wolf form she is silver with a black diamond on her forehead.

Description:  Isabella is exceptionally tall and always seems to dress in sort of a punk/rock manner she always has her ipod on her and playing on low an earbud in one ear. Being a shaman with such a ferocious underlying nature she is a bit rough around the edges, she always says what she thinks and feels if she says anything at all. She spends much of her time communing with nature to keep her wild side under control.  Her body is sturdy and though curvaceous, still perfect for battle and well muscled.

Personality:  Isabella is essentially three different people. First, she is kind and loving to her pack mates, she tends them when they are wounded or in need of medical attention and she also tends them spiritually. She has a whimsical sense of humor and thrives on life always comfortable with herself and her surroundings, though many of the wolves are slow to use current technology she makes sure to stay abreast of the times. She usually has one or several technological gadgets on her. To the altare she is sometimes thought of as rude with her nonchalant manner, and her quickness to say what is directly on her mind. Her tribal tattoos and short blue hair that she usually wears spiked, makes her appear like a trouble maker who is not quick to make friends. Though if needed she is ready to care for the vampires medically to the best of her knowledge, and she could never turn away healing someones spiritual side (even if they do not think of it in that way) what interaction she has had with them is usually to learn more about treating Vampire kind, she also serves as a doctor to the human servants of the manor as well as a psychologist of sorts though Isabella has always been the tough love sort. To those hostile to her pack or the altare she is a lethal weapon of death, diplomacy not really her strong point, she has learned to hold her tongue and knows better than to let her temper get the better of her, if she cannot say what she thinks she won’t say anything at all.

Biography: When she was no more than a cub she was chosen to lead her pack spiritually one day. As she trained beneath her master she found that quite often mental and physical health went hand in hand. On her own she decided to train to become a medical doctor. Though being the pack shaman mostly involves practicing pack rituals to celebrate Luna, the wolves feral natures, mother earth, and new life. The shaman of the pack are also responsible for keeping the pack together and strong and tending to the wounded, her repeated training as a doctor only helps here, though her training has been for humans it is easily adapted to the were animals since they heal so very quickly. Werewolves being not men and not wolf have to walk a delicate line in between and not stray too far in either direction, a shaman keeps her pack mates from being too feral or too soft, she is an ear to listen when they need it and a friend to push them in the right direction when needed. She let her training, as hunter and as shaman consume her life, all of her being. When her pack joined the Altare the current shaman chose to split with a few of the others. She remained and took over his role, sad to see her master gone. She trains her body as a weapon to protect those she is sworn to and those she cares for with a diligence that could be seen as an obsession. Her immensely sensitive tactile sense helps her as a doctor to detect problems hidden shallowly beneath the skin or to detect enemies. To further assist her senses she rarely wears more than a short tank top and shorts, her ipod always clipped on somewhere.

Aether

Hello, Akasma!

Just wanted to drop you a line as the consultant to this thread and its take on the creatures that we are all playing.  My and I have discussed your proposed character and I drafted this response.  She agrees with me in my take on were-dom for the purpose of this thread.

I like the idea of there being a shamanistic (I could even see druidic) approach to the recognition of Luna and Mother Earth.  I think it is apparent that Torulf holds Luna in the highest regard.  I think there may even be a bit of worship there, but more like it is something that he knows about his nature that he can not control and must give in to it.  So he revels in it, he seizes it and makes it his own.

I do not like, however, the idea of a Shaman Leader, or a Head Shaman for the pack.  I do not think that were-dom would have an organized religious body.  The organization cries out very strongly against the change and very nature of what it is to be transformed and were.  Each transformation is a personal experience and is transcendent.  There need not be a go between in the form of Shamans.

However.  I think Shamans can exist.  I even think they may have a following.  If that following becomes too strong or threatens the unity of the pack however, it will fall under the culling of the half breeds.  It will then be seen as a threat to the pack as a whole.  It will be extinguished.

So please, play the character, just no leading of the pack will be recognized by the pack leadership.

Akasma

I agree this is something that we should iron out before I post, I sent you and My a pm.

Aether

I appreciate your restraint and fore sight to work this out.

There is not a problem with the religiously minded, simply the recognition in any form whatsoever by pack leadership.  It, as always, could add flair to the story.  I speak for but myself now in this respect, but with the pm sent and the backing I have, I think I can safely say that we will not budge on this.

Esoteric Myobi

Once again, recruiting for fresh meat I mean blood er players...

Humans, vampires, werewolves...whichever it may be, they are always and forever welcome to step into the game. Currently we are still in the introductory period and the game had been designed so that new players and their characters are always welcome and able to easily step into the story.

Is anyone brave or perhaps brazen enough to join the current cast of nighttime misfits, undead, and creatures?

;)

We promise we won't bite...too hard...

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aether

This has been my most enjoyed and "outside of myself" writing experience since I have made it back to E.

Esoteric Myobi, after watching Underworld (I think that was your inspiration..? <.< ), spun a brilliant story of immortality in a familiar world.  Enthralled, I long for each new page in this tale of intrigue.

For any concerned about writing finesse or ability or maturity, simply look herewithin and read the story we have formulated thus far.  Complexity, depth, flair, passion, imagery... Its all here and we simply need a couple more to fully flesh out our ensemble.

Join us for a fantastic adventure as a human along for the ride, or as one of the immortals, be it Were or Vamp.  The game is set and the pieces are in place.  Your next move could transform our darkest desires into reality!

BraveEarth

Dark King

Name:ULRIC

Race: Wolf

Clan: Gangrel

Station: Warrior of the pack second only to Torulf

Weapons:

Abilities:His vision Gives him an edge in battle. It is so acute he can read the opponents movements. To Ulric everything move in slow motion. His eyes process movement at very high speeds. Allowing him to react much quicker than the normal wolf. His reaction time is what makes him such a formidable warrior. Although he can't use it for an extended periods of time. Needing  2 hours to recharge after prolonged use. The longest he can use it at once is an hour. Making it so he can only use it 8 times a day. He can use it to a lesser extent in human form but its no where near as good as when he is in full wolf form.

Appearance:

Personality: Ulric is like all wolves aggressive and testy. It does other well not to look him in the eyes for too long. Wolves see that as some sort of challenge.He is loyal to his pack. He is also an Alpha by nature. Though he does his best to control the wolf inside of him and has gotten very good at it over the past 900 years he is still a creature of instinct

Biography: Ulric was born a wolf but he had had a pretty normal life. Growing up as any young man of his age did. His parents were not wealthy but his father was a merchant. Always sending them what they needed when he went off on his long trips. He was always gone once a month and for at least three days. The night his life changed He was Hunting in the forest. One of the only time he felt at ease. When he met a woman. She was  more beautiful than any woman he had ever seen. He was head over heels instantly. He Knew he had to talk to her as if drawn by some unforeseen force. Her name was Heather and he loved her. He fell for her just as she had fallen for him. Their nights were filled with passion and their days with laughter. He had wanted to marry her. The night of his planned proposal. She told him that she would have to go away for a couple of days like she always did, but he followed her this night. He planned to surprise her with his proposal. Attempting to completely sweep her off her feet. He left with her then. They lived a hundred years together. There passion was the same weather they were man or wolf. He never left her side. She eventually told him years later he was an Alpha a dominate wolf. It was what attracted her to him in the first place. He did not really know what she meant at the time but pretended to understand. Ulric was happy living a life of dreams until they met the Vampire that ended it all. He had relived that moment a thousand times. He had watched his lover ripped apart by the Vamp. It sent him into a mad furry. Attacking the blood sucker with all he had. Then something  happened. The vamp he could see the vamps attacks coming. Timing was everything he may not have been faster but he would know when to strike.He tore the vamps head of but was dealt a damaging blow not being able to get out of the way of The fangers last strike. It reverted him back to human form. He crawled to his lover holding her limp body. He cried howling at the moon before blacking out. When he woke he met Torulf, and his pack of wolves. They were chasing the renegade vampire that had killed his mate. He howled again when he heard the confirmed death of Heather. All the members of the pack howled with him except Torulf. That was what it meant to be alpha.  He finally understood. Being an Alpha Meant you were  dominate over other wolves. Torulf was an Alpha that surpassed Ulric.  Torulf took Ulric and made  him into the warrior he is now today. Ulric may not like vamps but will follow Torulf to the ends of the earth. He had put him back together giving him some thing to live for. Even now he still morns his lost lover.  She had promised him forever. Now until he was killed his forever was a curse. Every day he was without her.
She Calls me Daddy. The only man a girl should ever trust.

My O&O:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83292.msg3670991#new

Esoteric Myobi

BraveEarth:

I'm assuming you'll be a Human then? If you can come up with a good subplot and character profile for him, then I may make an exception. The problem would be that if your character is the only Hunter amongst a vampire meeting (with wolves on the side) then he'd need something special to keep him alive for more than a minute. ^^;

Dark King:

The wolves in the Altare clan are pure-blooded wolves and thus would not be Turned at all. Being Turned only applies to the vampires in this game (if you're a Turned wolf, you're a mutt and would just be hunted down by the Grangel).

Also, have either of you taken a look at the actual game thread? Doing so should give you a better idea of what is expected and how the game runs. Chapter 1 is coming to a close and we would like to start off Chapter 2 with new members if possible.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Xanatos

I am not Myobi so my opinion is not law, but playing a hunter would be a bad idea. I can't speak for the others, but I cannot imagine ANYONE tolerating the presence of one who kills their kind such as a hunter (Myobi's characters situation is an exception and one the character loathes). Xavier and the Brujah, undoubtedly (since Myobi never made mention of hunters to my knowledge and thus this is from my own interpretation) would make good sport out of killing the so called hunters. I know Xavier would love rending poor hapless humans who thought themselves man/woman enough too dare make an attempt an immortal's life.

Myobi, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you make mention that Humans don't know of vamps/weres and that the only ones who do are strictly loyal to vamps/weres? I know, exceptions can be made; I too like exceptions.

Dark King

Edited my original post. i did Read it  but what i was saying was instead of being a bitten Were his father was a bitten Were. Making him a born wolf just not enough to change on his own. When he was bitten it made him say about 75% wolf enough to fool but not true pure blood. I was trying to make  a character that would help the plot. I didn't mind if he was discovered eventually and had to run or die. Sry if that didn't fly. I did edit my post though. once again I get carried away in story telling some times and seem to end up some where else :D
She Calls me Daddy. The only man a girl should ever trust.

My O&O:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83292.msg3670991#new

Cassiopeia

It's no big deal, DK.  The only reason it didn't work is because we've very specifically made bitten Weres mindless, violent, primal creatures, that's why Gangrel (and Cara) hunts them, they barely qualify as sentient.  So it's less of a hatred for them being "lesser" than actual necessity to keep the populace safe from rampaging mutts. I like the character though ^_^

LucianLuna

Name: Lucian
race: Human
appearance: Blond hair, blue eyes. 6', 120 pounds. Dragon tattoo no chest
personality: Shy and a little suspicious of people he doesn't know.
Biography:Lucian was adopted into the Luna family along with his twin brother when their parents were killed in a car crash. The adopted mother was always busy so their older brother raised them. Lucian lived at Luna mansion, but decided to go on the show to get away from the other two because of all the fighting they were doing.
He also wanted to get away from the town near by the mansion because he had caused to much trouble in the town and to many people were trying to get to him. He figured if he was away for awhile things would cool down in town.