The Elder Scrolls: Brothers at War [Always Room for More]

Started by Black Howling, August 03, 2013, 01:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal Blade

Black Howling

Got my approval too, gonna post another character in a bit.

Black Howling

Name: Moric Gladimer

Race: Breton

Physical Details/Short history: Moric has a sleek but powerful build, standing just under six feet tall. His muscled are honed from years of exploring and wielding his axes and swords, and his handsome features do not lack the rugged look Skyrim leaves upon it's inhabitants. His body bears more then a few scars, yet his face remains unmarred. A fact he attributes to be a blessing from the nine. He has two tattoos, one a symbol to Dibella on his right side along the ribs. The second depicting the front facial of a dragon on his left bicep.

Moric was born in Highrock, home to the Bretons. He couldn't tell much about the place, for his family only lived there for five years of his life before migrating to the sovereign nation of Skyrim. From there he grew up in Falkreath, the doomed life of a small town farmer seemingly ahead of him. Despite this the boy kept his musing, and when he entered his early teens, his father bought him a lute. That changed everything for the boy, whose fingers seemed like the gods had blessed him when he played. He began to earn extra money at the tavern, playing his tunes for tips. He made well like this, and thought with his younger brother maturing he may make a life out of it.

That too changed when he got older, cresting the real of a man he became involved with the Jarl of Falkreath's daughter. She'd been entranced by the up and coming Bard's charms. The Jarl, however, was not too pleased when he deflowered the man's daughter atop a bundle of hay. He slapped in shackles, thrown into what pitiful dungeon they had, and set to be castrated. Luckily for the young man he'd learned a few things while living on the wild side, and managed to keep a single lockpick on his person. With it he picked the lock to his cell, and made a not so daring escape from the dungeons before stealing one of his father's horses and riding off.

Moric was on the run from the Jarl's men then, a bounty on his head and no place in the hold he could call safe. So he ventured outside of it, riding and taking small jobs. He'd play his lute for people to get by, taking on the occasional adventure that more often then not became misadventures in his youth. Finally his journey took him broke and tired to Solitude. He was attempting to make some coin on the streets with his playing, but his state of dress had the tips going to other performers. Finally a man seen the talent in him, and offered a few coins for a song. It was one the young man, now only eighteen, had never played before. Still he performed it, and to his own surprise did a fair job.

The man turned out to be a high ranked member of the Bard's College named Valentino, and after seeing the talent he took the boy under his week. Moric was set then, learning both how to wield a blade, play better, and how the stories he sung held a piece of lore and history. This turned the once mayhap lute player in a warrior, scholar and performer. He quickly made a name for himself in Solitude, and many of the neighboring holds. His mentor still stayed like a second father to him, but while he was away gathering some material research for his mentor's greatest piece, the man was killed and his work stolen.

Moric returned to hear the news, only then paying mind to what his mentor had said. That his new work was not a simple piece of art, but magic itself. Everyone else still thinks it the innuendo of a skilled performer, but Moric believes his mentor may have meant just that. After all, the piece got him killed. He now searches for the man who killed his second father, not for vengeance; but for justice. Justice for the greatness that was never released, and so that his mentor may ascend to sovngarde in peace.

Core Combat Skills*:

• One Handed
  • Unarmed
  • Light Armor

Core Supplementary Skills:Please list 3 - 4

• Speech
  • Illusion
  • Lockpicking
  • Sneak
Secondary Skills: Please list 3 - 4

• Alteration
  • Alchemy
  • Pickpocket
Standing Stone: The Lord's Stone

Starting Equipment:

• Nordic Waraxe
  • Nordic Sword
  • Stalhrim Dagger (Enchanted with Frost Damage)
  • High Make Bardic Leather Armor (Gift from his mentor. Enchanted with the ability to increase his sneak, as well as better withstand damage)
  • 197 septims
  • Scrollcases and shoulder pack full of poems and research
  • Small pack full of travelers gear.
Faction Affiliations: Bard's College, Wanted by the Jarl of Falkreath.

Eternal Blade

I see nothing wrong with him, he's accepted. I'm just glad I didn't have to become redundant by asking if he had wealth. Lol

Black Howling

Thanks, blade, but review. Added a standing stone, since I was doing three things at once and spaced it before.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Eternal Blade

Quote from: Black Howling on August 29, 2013, 05:35:55 AM
Thanks, blade, but review. Added a standing stone, since I was doing three things at once and spaced it before.
Still approved.

Malrunar

Edit: Will repost sheet when finished.

Malrunar

Eternal Blade

I would suggest making her a little older, about twenty five to thirty. The Thalmor haven't had any political power in Skyrim for twenty five years, so for your story to make sense, at least as far as I understood it, she'd need to be older.

I don't know if you're keeping her from magic on purpose as part of the character concept, but she has been near the college for some time, so having gained some proficiency wouldn't be out of the question. Considering her considerable skill with enchanting, she might have even been invited to join the college.

Otherwise I like story and the general idea if the character.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Eternal Blade on September 02, 2013, 08:33:37 PM
I would suggest making her a little older, about twenty five to thirty. The Thalmor haven't had any political power in Skyrim for twenty five years, so for your story to make sense, at least as far as I understood it, she'd need to be older.

I don't know if you're keeping her from magic on purpose as part of the character concept, but she has been near the college for some time, so having gained some proficiency wouldn't be out of the question. Considering her considerable skill with enchanting, she might have even been invited to join the college.

Otherwise I like story and the general idea if the character.

I agree about the age thing. Will let you know what I think more in a bit.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

marauder13

*peeks in*

Is there space for another male Nord by any chance?

Lady Lunarius

Feel free to pop him up and we'll discuss him with you. Any questions let us know k darlin 
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: marauder13 on September 19, 2013, 12:23:16 AM
*peeks in*

Is there space for another male Nord by any chance?

Always looking for more players, always. Well at-least for now, anyhow. >_>

marauder13

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 19, 2013, 02:34:19 AM
Feel free to pop him up and we'll discuss him with you. Any questions let us know k darlin

Quote from: Black Howling on September 19, 2013, 02:35:00 AM
Always looking for more players, always. Well at-least for now, anyhow. >_>

Alright then, I'll sit myself down and start working on him then. I didn't want to get started on anything seriously until I got a green light.

Just curious, but is there anything you like to see, or like not to see in a new character? Just so there is no overloading on one aspect or another. I'm fairly flexible at this stage as I have no real concrete plans. I have ideas for certain aspects, but nothing is completely locked in, if you get my rambling drift :)

Black Howling

Quote from: marauder13 on September 19, 2013, 06:08:14 AM
Alright then, I'll sit myself down and start working on him then. I didn't want to get started on anything seriously until I got a green light.

Just curious, but is there anything you like to see, or like not to see in a new character? Just so there is no overloading on one aspect or another. I'm fairly flexible at this stage as I have no real concrete plans. I have ideas for certain aspects, but nothing is completely locked in, if you get my rambling drift :)

Apologies for the late reply.

Thing is, we have a variety of player concepts right now. So anything would add to the game as it stands now. Which holds are you interested in playing in? Depending on the hold, I might have some concepts for you that could aid the gms in current plot points.

marauder13

Quote from: Black Howling on September 20, 2013, 09:45:48 AM
Apologies for the late reply.

Thing is, we have a variety of player concepts right now. So anything would add to the game as it stands now. Which holds are you interested in playing in? Depending on the hold, I might have some concepts for you that could aid the gms in current plot points.

No worries about the delay in a reply. RL comes first.

As to a hold, I'm happy to slot myself in wherever there is a place for my character. So, list the holds that have spaces available, and a general idea of what would work well in each and I will take it from there. I'm happy to expand my wings as it were, rather than necessarily stay doing things that I have done before.

Black Howling

Quote from: marauder13 on September 20, 2013, 06:59:41 PM
No worries about the delay in a reply. RL comes first.

As to a hold, I'm happy to slot myself in wherever there is a place for my character. So, list the holds that have spaces available, and a general idea of what would work well in each and I will take it from there. I'm happy to expand my wings as it were, rather than necessarily stay doing things that I have done before.

Open Holds are:

Winterhold: As far as I can tell, it has pretty much every slot but one open.  I have a character there, but the others have flown inactive without a word or dropped out. Basically anything could work well there, but as I'm the only other poster it's likely to move VERY slow.

WhiteRun: Only one open slot, but pretty filled as is. Not sure we need much there

Markarth: Has two open slots if I recall correctly. It's currently GMless, so I'll be handling it until we find someone to at-least be a hold master. We could use a dedicated mage type there, or otherwise something interesting like a thief. Something to shake things up.

I'm not sure there is an open spot in Riften, but there may be. Talk to Lady Lunarius about that as she's the GM and Hold Master of Riften and it's associated plots.

The info thread and first post of each hold has the minor and major plot/adventures currently active. Players are free to engage in more, so long as they work with the respective hold masters on it.

As a general rule of thumb I prefer to see interesting backgrounds and plots rather then skills or capabilities. We already have three werewolves in the game so I'd prefer see something else, and am willing to work on things with you if you need more information about anything. Though my time is more limited at the moment due to party arrangements I'm making, so the replies COULD take a while.

Eobelle

I'm interested, if you are still accepting.  I'm only really interested in playing a Female character.

I'm interested in playing an Ohmes Kajiit http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ohmes or maybe a Breton

Black Howling

Quote from: Eobelle on September 20, 2013, 11:28:23 PM
I'm interested, if you are still accepting.  I'm only really interested in playing a Female character.

I'm interested in playing an Ohmes Kajiit http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ohmes or maybe a Breton

Either are Valid choices, so long as my partners in crime agree on the Ohmes Kahjiit. I see no problem with it. And yeah, we're still recruiting. In fact we have to replace some people as as. Send a sheet here, ask any questions if ya have em. If you need help with starter plots, just PM one of the GM's and we'll get back to you speedy like.

Oh, and as a side note I talked to Luna, and Riften is still full of players.

marauder13

Name: Gormr

Race: Nord

Physical Details/Short history:
Gormr's father was like every other Nord in Skyrim and claimed to have met and dealt with the Dovahkiin while the legend took the fight to Alduin, the World Eater. Of course, his father claimed to have been employed by the man to drive a wagon for him on one of his estates, making him more connected than anyone else. He heard that every merchant had sold something to the man, every tavern served his ale and more than a few women who claimed to have shared his bed. He was glad the man was gone, and couldn't wait until everyone stopped trying to convince everyone else that the Legend was their best friend/customer or next door neighbour.

Gormr learned how to use a bow early on to help keep some meat on the table, and got rather adept with the hunting bow, rarely missing sizable game, and bagging a rabbit with every other arrow.

While hunting one day, he had a run in with a bear that almost killed him due to shoddy arrows he bought from a travelling merchant. The bear ran for him, and just caught his face with its claws. Gormr thought he was going to die when he saw the massive paw blot out the sun from his vision, then he thought he had lost an eye when the blood stopped him seeing out of it. Through luck, some skill in running and climbing, he managed to use up the remainder of his stock of arrows to finally kill the bear - through blood loss. After that encounter, he has not trusted any other merchant to sell him arrows. He learned to forge his won, and when he can't, he will sit and watch the smith make them for him, so he knows whether or not he's getting decent arrows for his hard earned coin.

He determined quickly that a lone adventurer was destined for a short life span after his first few encounters in the wild strayed more toward disaster than success. He never thought that skeletons and draugr were real, and the first encounters with those creatures sent him running, and looking for another career path. To this day, they still make him uneasy, and prone to flight. He scavanged what he could from other places that were less populated by the 'living' dead.

One such trip brought him into contact with a group of bandits who were fighting draugr. He stood back, and peppered the creatures with arrows while the bandits finished them off in close combat. Gormr didn't know who they were until after they accepted him into their number. For close to a year, he helped them waylay passing travellers and remove their riches from them. But after a while, he grew tired of the killing and the being on the run from the roving patrols.

He headed eastward, thinking of going to Whiterun, but decided that he would go to Winterhold instead, so he could better his skills at restoration. He spent time travelling with people as a mercenary, helping to establish a reputation in that field, so he wasn't mistaken for a brigand. Between jobs, he would wander the local area and explore. Along the way, he would deal with the occasional problem with wildlife and the small robber band.

It was during one of those trips , he found an abandoned series of wrecked buildings in The Pale. After dealing with the animals that took shelter, he took the time to look through the wreckage. He fell into the cellar while investigating, and while he was trying to climb out, he found his most precious of possessions - a Dragonbone Bow. Regardless of what happened to him, he kept a death grip on the bow, prepared to loose anything else in order to keep it. He has managed to steal it back twice after being robbed of it by bandits and thugs, he has managed to just win through on a few fights to keep others at bay.

His final job, guarding a couple of wagons, rolled into Winterhold. With some fresh pay in his purse, he set about looking for a place to stay before heading off to deal with the Wizard's College.

Core Combat Skills*: Please list 3 - 4

• Archery
  • One Handed
  • Light Armour
Core Supplementary Skills:Please list 3 - 4

• Restoration
  • Sneak
  • Lockpicking
  • Pickpoketing
Secondary Skills: Please list 3 - 4

• Conjuration
  • Speech
  • Smithing
Starting Equipment:

• Dragonbone Bow
  • Steel arrows
  • Steel Sword
  • Studded armour
  • Leather Bracers
  • Leather Boots
  • Lockpicks (20)
  • Bedroll
  • 43 Septims
  • Wolf Pelts (3)

Edit : Exchanged Block with Conjuration

Black Howling

Marauder: Looks good. One problem though, you have a core combat skill as a secondary. Secondary and supplemental skills are interchangeable, but core combat stays core combat for balance reasons. Move it up to the appropriate area, and he's got my approval.

As another note, if you aren't planning on him using a shield you don't need it. I actually have parries just going on the weapon skills alone, and block bing used for shields and shield bashes only since a shield naturally gives you more options in a fight.

With that change, and one more GM approval, you're set to move him over to the adventurer's thread.

marauder13

Quote from: Black Howling on September 21, 2013, 12:57:01 AM
Marauder: Looks good. One problem though, you have a core combat skill as a secondary. Secondary and supplemental skills are interchangeable, but core combat stays core combat for balance reasons. Move it up to the appropriate area, and he's got my approval.

As another note, if you aren't planning on him using a shield you don't need it. I actually have parries just going on the weapon skills alone, and block bing used for shields and shield bashes only since a shield naturally gives you more options in a fight.

With that change, and one more GM approval, you're set to move him over to the adventurer's thread.

Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't realise that I made an error. I have gone back to the original post, and corrected the skills, with a note at the end to explain what I did. If there are any further changes, I'll repost it.

Black Howling

Quote from: marauder13 on September 21, 2013, 01:45:21 AM
Oops. Sorry about that. I didn't realise that I made an error. I have gone back to the original post, and corrected the skills, with a note at the end to explain what I did. If there are any further changes, I'll repost it.

It's all good, my friend. A lot of people have done that, so it's probably more of my description then anything else. I really need to clarify it. >_> But in my book, he's good now!

*Places his famous stamp.*

Approved

marauder13

Quote from: Black Howling on September 21, 2013, 01:49:44 AM
It's all good, my friend. A lot of people have done that, so it's probably more of my description then anything else. I really need to clarify it. >_> But in my book, he's good now!

*Places his famous stamp.*

Approved
Woohoo!

*finds another spot that will take the next stamp to descend*

On another note - if there are any plot elements you, or other GMs, want someone to play with, just holler.