I'm Not Writing My Goodbyes

Started by Ordell, May 11, 2009, 05:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordell

Well, aside from this annoying one sentence, the purpose of this blog is to relay some feeling, relieve some stress, and all while quoting lyrics. (Colors may be used more than once, but the song may be different)

Rhetoric can't raise the dead.  I'm sick of all this talking when there's no change.  I just wanted you to tell me the truth.  You know I'd do that for you!  I finally know now what I should have known then and I could still be ruthless, if you let me.  You waited by the window while I was kicking down the door. It used to be the reason I breathe, but now it's choking me up.  What's love got to do with it?

Stop everything, start it all over, remember more that you'd like to forget. I can't tell if your laughing.  Behind each smile there's a tear in your eye.  Oh my God where are you now?  Fractured lives dissolving like sugar in the sacrament.  To be at peace would be a sin and surely unamerican.  I am due for a miracle and I'm waiting for a sign.  I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes.  Until I understand or go blind.  Staring at the setting sun, no reason to come back again.

From up here the city lights burn like a thousand miles of fire.  All my life I've been looking for the answers to the questions you've never asked.  Hoping for the best, just hope that nothing happens.  A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins.  I won't ever ask if you won't ever tell me.  In my head everything was perfect, this place is a prison.  Flying along and I feel like I don't belong and I can't tell right from the wrong and why have I been here so long? Take me to the fantasyland where everyone is worthy, wake me to the fantasyland where no one else can hurt me, take me to the fantasyland where we can end this journey, where we can end this journey.  Die young and save yourself!

And all our sins come back to haunt us in the end yo hang around and tap us on the shoulder and smile silent.  It's all implied you'll die trying to live this down you might as well forget it.  Still I'm convinced wondering what if is the worst thing there is so we bottled and shelved all our regrets let them ferment and came back to our senses, drove back home and slept a few days, woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be. 

And all these lines fall short of what I had in mind.  A failed attempt to capsulize a feeling.  So I just try, fail and try and try again and someday I swear I'm going to get it.  I'm convinced that giving in is the worst thing there is so we bottled and shelved all our regrets let them ferment and came back to our senses, drove back home and slept a few days, woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be. 

We'll get over it sad, strong, safe, and sober.  We'll move forward, and know where we went wrong
But you can't go home again, so we bottled and shelved all our regrets let them ferment and came back to our senses, drove back home and slept a few days, woke up and laughed at how stupid we used to be. 

Here's the final playlist if you're interested.
Thrice - Artist in the Ambulance, Hoobastank - Running Away, Something Corporate - Ruthless, Jack's Mannequin - Miss Delaney,  Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria (Glory Fades), Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It,

Taking Back Sunday - This Photograph Is Proof (I Know You Know), Rise Against - Paper Wings, Thursday - Sugar in the Sacrament, Thrice - Blood Clots and Black Holes, Thrice - Stare at the Sun, Thursday - Understanding in a Car Crash

Story of the Year - Anthem of Our Dying Day, New Found Glory - This Disaster, Taking Back Sunday - Cute Without the "E" (Cut From The Team), Thrice - T&C, Postal Service - This Place is a Prison, Yellowcard - City Of Devils, Man Down Medic - Fantasyland, Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria (Glory Fades)

Straylight Run - Mistakes We Knew We Were Making

I know I used Sic Transit Gloria twice, who cares :p
And no, I'm not suicidal, I just ended the first part with that line cause it embodies my current frustration the most.