News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Self-Assembling Bionic Eyes

Started by Bliss, January 23, 2008, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

Cue up the theme to Six Million-Dollar Man... now.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cjac

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Hunter

Coming up next, a Mr. Stud implant right on your forehead.

Apple of Eris

Oh wow... that would be so awesome! I could so use that in court!

Like arguing a point and then a little, refer to Stellar v Knoxville blah blah blah flahes up so I remember case citations. Oh that would be so awesome... *drools*
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sabby

...how exactly does a computerized display on your vision help autistic children? >.>

Apple of Eris

I'll ask my roomie when she wakes up. She teaches at a school for autistic kids :)
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sabby

That would be appreciated :) though I'm (technically) autistic, that just stumped me... little digital details on a contact lense doesn't really sound like it would help anything. Then again, I have no idea how the mind of a retarded child works...

Cjac

Quote from: appleoferis on January 23, 2008, 11:15:29 PM
Oh wow... that would be so awesome! I could so use that in court!

Like arguing a point and then a little, refer to Stellar v Knoxville blah blah blah flahes up so I remember case citations. Oh that would be so awesome... *drools*

I was thinking work related, too.  It would be great to just be able to pull up a med chart or a behavior plan!  No more pulling to wool over your eyes, it's right there in front of you.  Man the things I could do with that!
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind. -Bob Marley
CjaC passed away on February 17th, 2008, thus her account restriction. We remember her fondly.

Apple of Eris

According to my roommate, if the contact lens could have a face reader (see: http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2006/04/70655) built in. Also if it could help them focus on certain areas it would be a help as well.

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Sabby

From what little I know, that does seem a good idea then. Thank you :)

Mr Agreyu

Altho it sounds cool :)

Dont you think the phrase "Bionic Eyes" is a bit cheap it makes it sound like some thing out of tomorrows world that would never work in my oppinion

i hate the word bionic tho it makes me think of thoe little bionicle things lego made for kids  :P

Everything you says means nothing,
Unless you say what you mean,
and you mean what you say.

kongming

Would you prefer cybernetic? Robotic? Mecha? SUPAR GEKIGANGER GUNDAMIAN KAISER eys?

I know what you mean, but all the alternatives seem to sound pretty much the same. I wouldn't worry too much, though - the important bit is that they work. Besides, had I a bionic eye, I'd gladly refer to it as a cyber-eye and preach about the Machine Spirit and the downfall of fleshies.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Mr Agreyu

LMAO ;D
aint that the truth
if i had one i woud claim i could see into there soul and scare the crapola outa people i dont like witch isint many so it wouldnt take long

i would go with mecha gundamian eye sounds cool

:D
Everything you says means nothing,
Unless you say what you mean,
and you mean what you say.

Mostlyjoe

Quote from: Hunter on January 23, 2008, 04:00:32 PM
Coming up next, a Mr. Stud implant right on your forehead.

Your forgetting the whole package. Forehead mounted Mr. Stud, Twin Bars mounted in your legs, rollerblade feet, among others. Good to see someone else use to own the Chrome books.  ;D
Motivated goofball at your service.