News:

Main Menu

Concert / gig-topic

Started by JackWhite, December 02, 2011, 01:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackWhite

I guess some of us are regular concert visitors. Still have some cool gigs you're going to and want to share?

I haven't planned that much so far. Will probably go to the Four Year Strong-concert in Antwerp.

Four Year Strong - Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die

yobo

I love going to concerts. Been to many great ones, including Bruce Springsteen, Therion, Within Temptation, A-ha, Jethro Tull, Neil Young, Lumsk, Nightwish, Purified In Blood and many more.  ;D

The last one I attended was last weekend when I saw Danko Jones. Rock'n'roll-attitude at its best, highly recommended for anybody who are into hard hitting rock.

Danko Jones - Lovercall (Live) 07

JackWhite

Seen Live:
AFI
Bad Religion
Coliseum
DragonForce
Face to Face
Flatcat
Less Than Jake
LIT
No Use For A Name
Pennywise
Pour Habit
Rise Against
Sum 41
The Bouncing Souls
The Black Pacific
The Octopussys
Zebrahead (2x)
88 Fingers Louie

more or less my list.

yobo

Which concert(s) was the best?

Izzie Aditi

Currently don't have the money for anything basically, though I have been to a LOT of festivals and concerts. I have seen:(not in chronological order)

Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Rage against the Machine, Detektivbyrån (in Sweden), Slagsmålsklubben (in Sweden), Lifehouse, Foo Fighters, Alter Bridge, 30 Seconds to Mars, Foster the People, Guns N' Roses, Elbow, Yann Tiersen, Laura Jansen, Bloody Beetroots, Avenged Sevenfold, Wolfmother, White Lies, Deadmau5, Rammstein, John Mayer, The Prodigy, Bruce Springsteen, Depeche Mode, Placebo, James Morrison, Snow Patrol, Metallica, Groove Armada & Mumford and Sons.

Most recent one was Yann Tiersen last month :-).
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

JackWhite

Quote from: yobo on December 04, 2011, 04:52:48 PM
Which concert(s) was the best?

I can't really choose. Zebrahead and No Use For A Name are unforgetable but such big names as Bad Religion and Rise Against are awesome too.

Best song would be Bro Hymne Tribute from Pennywise. Literally 10 minutes of singing afterwards and that when the band wasn't even the finishing act at the festival. Goosebumbs!

Frost

Went to see Rise Against month or so ago

Saw Motley Crue and Def Leppard on the 06/12/11 and they were awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooo!!!!  >:) >:) >:)

pandaandthelion

I've Only Seen one Band Live and that was Muse Might i say one of the most Greatest Live Bands of all time

fancyfictions

Bands/Artists I've seen live: U2, Black Eyed Peas, Incubus, Godsmack (2 times), Adema, A Perfect Circle (3 times), DISTURBED, Bloodsimple, Tom Jones (I love a little "What's new, pussycat?"), The Donnas, Jurassic 5, Jane's Addiction, Audioslave, Burning Brides, Human League, Deep Purple, No Doubt, LIT, 30 Seconds to Mars

I'd say that my top 3 favorite shows were:

1: U2/Black Eyed Peas - The 360 tour was hands down the BEST concert going experience ever. BEP kicked it off party style and U2 just did not disappoint. They engaged the audience and just brought us all in on their "spaceship". It was unforgettable.

2: Tom Jones - I saw Tom Jones in Las Vegas and he put on one hell of a show. He did mostly covers of different genres of music, sprinkled with his classics and a bit of storytelling. He was just a lot of fun to watch and the man has moves! I'd see him again.

3: A Perfect Circle - It's Maynard. That's enough for me.

As for bands I'd love to see live... I'd love to see Coldplay and Radiohead. Radiohead is on tour next year, so I'm hoping to catch a date during their tour of the States.
Fancy's Fancies|

“Fiction is life with the dull bits left out”- Clive James

JackWhite

That's what I'm doing on 28 and 29 April!

JackWhite

Line-up is completed and it's lovely