Mornington Crescent (The Veks Variation)

Started by Nadir, January 20, 2011, 10:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadir

To my knowledge, this is the first exposer E has had with this long standing game. This modern version was created in 1567, though it originated in the Roman Empire. Its rules many and varied and far too detailed to do any justice in the few characters Veks allows us in these typing fields. If you would like to review them (which I strongly suggest, new player or old) then a rulebook should be simplicity itself to acquire. However, it will take a while to work through the whole seven volumes, it is possible to take part with minimal understanding.

The aim of the game is to reach Mornington Crescent before your fellows, yet hinder your fellows from stealing it from you at the same time by throwing them off track. An example of gameplay is thus;

Player 1 - Goodge Street
Player 2 - Putney Bridge
Player 3 - Turnpike Lane
Player 1 - Amersham

This is a very simplified example. And the Veks Variation makes all of those moves void - the Veks Variation employs not the London Underground but Elliquiy itself as the chess board, applying the Delinquent's Foxtrot to exchange station names with forums, tricks and traps with Mods. It also means the Crescent itself is null, so the endgame will be Good And Cuddly. 

To witness a professional game, I found this video. Feel free to use it as inspiration, but remember to use Elliquiy lingo.

ISIHAC - Mornington Crescent - Episode 1

I want a fair, clean game; I'm making Double Pegging and Banhammer moves illegal until I am sure you all understand the rules perfectly.

Three, two, one - have at it. 

Beguile's Mistress

*sits and watches what happens here because I am frakkin' cornfuzzled*

Sweet Trouble

I am with you Beguile... seriously confused.  ???