The Devil's Dance Floor

Started by Zombie Apocalypso, February 05, 2008, 01:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Apocalypso

Him

Though he comes from a smutty background, new money to say the least, he is best renown for his slide of hand at the card table, and his skirt chasing charm. Sent from colonial Americas as a diplomat in charge of easing tensions between the two nations, he will find that the game of the English gentle men on their own soil is a little bit more underhanded then the way they wage war. The rise of Napoleon Bonaparte is the single thread that allows him to walk among them with so much bravado. Their reluctance to side with an American might prove to be a difficult obstacle to overcome. Though it might bend his pride, the savvy American must outwit, out charm, and befriend those that would otherwise turn up their noses in disgust at the sight of him entering the world of superficial.

Her

A hellion in angels clothing she is, out for vengeance in the form of the downfall of the famous aristocrats who surround the shady events of her father’s premature death and her mother’s succession from the family. True they are twice her age, but she will allow them to court her all the while spinning a web of deceit so to trap them in their own filth. Much stronger then her wit, she can rip the flesh off a man’s certainty with a serious  tongue lashing. Things seem to fall in place for her; she is a debutante, solitary heir to a large estate and a goddess capable of turning heads when she steps into a room. But she must be careful, leave no trail of her wrath, because if she does another untimely death might surface.

Them

They meet on the dance floor and soon come to realize that they both carry a spice unfamiliar to those who happen to be graced by their presence. He finds her intriguing a delicious morsel for a hungry wolf, another wonderful woman to add to his list, and a prime way of getting back at the arrogant ones who also have their sights set on her. But she is a tough cookie to break, angry and bewitching, with a will stronger then any general. In order to claim her maidenhead he must first claim her heart. She finds him ghastly, a terrible excuse for a man, but the danger is so wonderfully tasteful, and he has a powerful persuasion that might easily match her own. But issues arise; she finds herself tongue tide when she’s around him, palms sweating as if she were some doting school girl. If she is to get her revenge she needs his allegiance, not his services in bed. Together one must catch the other before either of their hearts can get tangled, all the while fighting for air in the world outside of him and her.

Other stuff

It became painfully clear to me that I have a thing for historical role plays were as I used to relish a good fantasy role play once upon a time. This is most certainly a love story nothing above light games. I had to go back and rethink my history a bit. This is set after the revolutionary war and during the time of Napoleons reign, at the heart of London's nobility.  I need a smart mouth, strong willed feisty person to play my 'him' as my she is going to be very upfront snobbish and insulting. Somewhere in my story there is a bit of taming of the shrew, a vague similarity if you ask me. I was going to put this in my other thread but thought that it was an idea that deserved its own adieu so here it is...

Any takers?