Vampire: The Masquerade - DC By Night

Started by Nicolae, March 23, 2014, 08:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolae

Yep, you guys will have an OOC thread shortly.

Sunset was at 7:15 PM that evening, so two and a half hours before the present time.
O/O   Ideas

Miroque

@Calrond: Should we discuss about Ingrids handler.. private or open, I dont care, as the Handler will play big part of unaknowledged kindred's life.

kckolbe

Safe to assume that there will be a lot of humans at Elysium for feeding, serving, etc? 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

VonDoom

I'm writing my post (soon to be finished!) under the assumption that a walking stick is fine to bring in, he'll of course hand it over if it's considered a weapon and walk inside favoring his left leg.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RubySlippers

I suspect some posts will be longer and some shorter, my character decided not to be an Autarkis so ignoring Elysium and the authority of the Prince is not proper.

Nicolae

@Miroque: Sure!

@kckolbe: The only humans there will be ghouls. Feed on them at your own peril. Also, there's not a lot of serving of refreshments going on, mainly since Kindred don't trust each other not to try to slip some of their own blood into the mix and begin the process of blood bonding everyone at Elysium.

@VonDoom: A cane/walking stick is fine as long as it can pass through a metal detector. They know about sword canes, which are fine to carry elsewhere, but won't be allowed in Elysium.

@RubySlippers: This isn't a mandatory Elysium for the Kindred. My saying that you were all going to be there was for the sake of sanity from a storytelling perspective and to get you all together to begin interacting with each other, your Primogen, the Harpies, etc.
O/O   Ideas

kckolbe

Quote from: Calrond on March 30, 2014, 02:12:21 PM
@kckolbe: The only humans there will be ghouls. Feed on them at your own peril. Also, there's not a lot of serving of refreshments going on, mainly since Kindred don't trust each other not to try to slip some of their own blood into the mix and begin the process of blood bonding everyone at Elysium.

I am completely okay with his honeyed cakes being viewed with suspicion and confusion.  He has a reason for doing it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Miroque

@Calrond: Sooo... how you wanna do it ? Or do we need to talk about it now.. or can I just post their entrance? (both of them coming in at the same time).

I know we need to have their relationship shorted out, it being quite important on Ingrid's story.

Nicolae

@Miroque: I just PMed you to talk about it. ;)
O/O   Ideas

Nicolae

And though I didn't mention it, we'll assume that you're all at a full Blood Pool for the sake of convenience.
O/O   Ideas

VonDoom

Aw, and here I specifically took a nibble off of my ghoul to be all flush and such.  ;)

Should I edit the part about it being one where a lot of people received invitations, then? I also kind of assumed it was a mandatory thing, or at least a special gathering.

And no, it's not a sword cane, so it should be fine.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

AndyZ

I'd personally expect people to be more worried about a wooden cane, since you break it over your knee and suddenly have two very nasty weapons against vampires.

Still, you can't deprive an old wizard man of his walking stick...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

In Elysium and not even an Elder, he wouldn't last long if he attacked anyone.  ;D

AndyZ

Natch, but by that logic, let people keep their weapons and they just won't get away with jack.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

kckolbe

Is generation somewhat common knowledge?  I imagine the elders are pretty keen to boast on their strength, and you can kinda figure some out from there.

Intro Thread

AndyZ

Not really.  If you know someone is lower generation than you, they become a target for diablerie, which is something everyone fears even though it breaks the Traditions.

Miroque

Actually, in introduction to domain, its common to introduce oneself by sire and grandsire. Ventrues go far enought to boost their lineages to their founder. I would assume, Toreadors and Nosferatus doing something similar (as they hold traidions in great degree)

Nicolae

@VonDoom: No, by all means, let's keep the flavor in that it's going to be a well-attended Elysium. It certainly will, it's just not feasible to have a mandatory Elysium. The Prince would have to spend the next two weeks tracking down and punishing everyone who didn't show up, undermining his authority and making him look like a petty tyrant.

QuoteIf you know someone is lower generation than you, they become a target for diablerie, which is something everyone fears even though it breaks the Traditions.
QuoteActually, in introduction to domain, its common to introduce oneself by sire and grandsire. Ventrues go far enought to boost their lineages to their founder. I would assume, Toreadors and Nosferatus doing something similar (as they hold traidions in great degree)

Funny thing, you're both right. If you think you're at high risk of being diablerised, it may be best to keep your generation to yourself. If not, then you can feel free to divulge it and reap the social benefits it may bring you. (Game theory!) The Ventrue are proud of it and more likely to brag about it than other clans (often claiming to "know" their heritage going back to Caine, if such a being ever existed), and they also support the "system" that criminalizes diablerie and to some extent protects them from it. There are other safeguards, too, such as the ability to see diablerist auras using Auspex (which I seem to recall lasts two years from the date of diablerie), and other disciplines that can tease out that information, and then the Final Death can be dealt out.
O/O   Ideas

SGTDan

Howdy folks, I am hoping I get to play with ya'll as long as Cal approves of the character of course.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests