Int. Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes - Avengers Grimm (Need males!)

Started by Mathim, October 28, 2015, 04:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on November 10, 2015, 08:13:43 AM
Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

I did, it made me chuckle, lol

Mathim

I changed the name of the thread so we could advertise that we're looking for male characters. Hopefully we get a few more interested parties soon!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Isengrad

This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

original artwork by karabiner

Mathim

Quote from: Isengrad on December 14, 2015, 07:40:52 AM
This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

Well, I'm sorry to say, this idea fizzled out again. Perhaps when a third attempt is made we'll have success but right now I'm not in the right frame of mind to GM it.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

LamentingQuill

Still looking for new folks to join us, we need males a lot, but won't turn away females :)

Here are some heroes and villains off the top of my head if you are having a difficult time thinking of something...

Heroes: Robin Hood, Aladdin, Jasmine, Aurora, Pocahontas, Mulan, Li Shang, Hercules, Beowulf, Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Erik, a humanized Simba (Lion king) Peter Pan (Disney version -aged appropriately-), Jack Frost... and so many more out there

Villains: Jafar, Pied piper, Hades, Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, a humanized Scar (Lion king), Ursula, The big bad wolf, the evil queen (please collaborate with LamentingQuill/Snow White), Prince Hans, Peter Pan(J.M. Barrie's original version -aged appropriately- ), Pitch (The boogeyman)... plus so many more out there unlisted here

Perhaps even a hero could turn to the dark side or a villain can seek a path to redemption, there are many paths and options to take :)   

That One Dingus

Would American folk heroes be acceptable? Like John Henry?
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

LamentingQuill

Mathim

I think those (American) folk tales are a tad too modern to work in this universe. Maybe from the time the pilgrims settled, but anything major from after that would probably be around the time of the Industrial Revolution and that's where magic ceases to have dominion over things and technology makes power accessible to any normal human.

Viktoff Samson

Male roleplayer here!
Entirely open to a roleplay.
Didn't the gm just say they weren't in the right frame gm this at the moment?
I mean, if you're still looking...
I can play a Hercules, or perhaps fashion a character out of the Lion from the tale 'The Lion and the Mouse'-If that's doable.

If not, well I'm noting interesting for if/when things pick back up and I may be needed.
O/O

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Viktoff Samson on December 12, 2016, 11:24:27 AM
Male roleplayer here!
Entirely open to a roleplay.
Didn't the gm just say they weren't in the right frame gm this at the moment?
I mean, if you're still looking...
I can play a Hercules, or perhaps fashion a character out of the Lion from the tale 'The Lion and the Mouse'-If that's doable.

If not, well I'm noting interesting for if/when things pick back up and I may be needed.

Lack of players has a lot to do with it if I recall conversations we've had, it would be so uplifting if we could get more. As for Hercules oe the lion character, pm Mathim and I'm certain he will help you arrange something really great that isn't too overpowered :)

Mathim

Nah, PM isn't necessary, I can answer here. Hercules would be fine (Beowulf might be a good choice too for a similar character) and I'm not familiar with that other thing you mentioned, I'll have to look it up, but you can certainly choose that one even if I'm not yet aware of the story it's from.

I'm not sure where the idea that the GM (myself) is getting tired of the game, that isn't something I recall having heard in the OOC thread or in here, so that's kind of bizarre to see. I'm still around but once we lose enough people that the game just can't continue, well, me being the GM sticking around won't save it, so...that's just what happens. But I'll see it through til it sinks beneath the waves and can't be salvaged.

Hercules would likely start out on the Southern continent, in the Eastern (Greco-Roman) region, given his origin in Greek mythology. But you can have him settled elsewhere even if he was born in the aforementioned region. He seems like a world-traveling hero-type.

SweetSerenade

I'd be interested in a Morgaine Le Fay sort of character, but spun to be more like the Mists of Avalon style. I really dislike that Morgaine is demonized so often by the adaptation to the old tales. I like the story that is spun in Mists of Avalon, where she is a Priestess just trying to her hardest to keep the old ways of the Druids alive in a culture where the rise of Catholicism is causing a demonization of her people. :3

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 13, 2016, 02:30:22 AM
I'd be interested in a Morgaine Le Fay sort of character, but spun to be more like the Mists of Avalon style. I really dislike that Morgaine is demonized so often by the adaptation to the old tales. I like the story that is spun in Mists of Avalon, where she is a Priestess just trying to her hardest to keep the old ways of the Druids alive in a culture where the rise of Catholicism is causing a demonization of her people. :3

Well with this story, it would actually be possible for virtually any character to be spun into a hero or villain despite their role in their story or stories of origin, so you can use whatever interpretation you want, whether it's based on an alternate re-telling or the original. So you don't have to worry about which book it's based on,it's all good as long as you can make a good backstory.

Viktoff Samson

Quote from: Mathim on December 12, 2016, 10:33:25 PM
Nah, PM isn't necessary, I can answer here. Hercules would be fine (Beowulf might be a good choice too for a similar character) and I'm not familiar with that other thing you mentioned, I'll have to look it up, but you can certainly choose that one even if I'm not yet aware of the story it's from.

I'm not sure where the idea that the GM (myself) is getting tired of the game, that isn't something I recall having heard in the OOC thread or in here, so that's kind of bizarre to see. I'm still around but once we lose enough people that the game just can't continue, well, me being the GM sticking around won't save it, so...that's just what happens. But I'll see it through til it sinks beneath the waves and can't be salvaged.
Quote from: Mathim on December 14, 2015, 08:32:36 AM
Well, I'm sorry to say, this idea fizzled out again. Perhaps when a third attempt is made we'll have success but right now I'm not in the right frame of mind to GM it.
This one gave me that impression.
Quote from: Mathim on December 12, 2016, 10:33:25 PM
Hercules would likely start out on the Southern continent, in the Eastern (Greco-Roman) region, given his origin in Greek mythology. But you can have him settled elsewhere even if he was born in the aforementioned region. He seems like a world-traveling hero-type.
In many depictions of the Hercules I've seen, his weakness is often put as never knowing when to give up and not being incredibly smart. Fighting until he's tired and more fighting after that. Though, I'm probably going to google him and read as much as I can to ensure I have a clean picture of his mythos, if I stick with Hercules. Don't know anything about Beowulf.

It's fuzzy how I could retool or fashion a character out of the Lion from the Lion and the Mouse, but I suppose I could tell a short (somewhat inaccurate thanks to memory's sake) recap. Essentially there is a Lion and a Mouse-This represents a class system when it was originally compiled long ago, the Lion isn't quite nice to the mouse. A time comes when the Lion is trapped in a hunter's net and cannot free himself. Pleading to the mouse, the Lion convinces the Mouse to help him. The mouse gnaws an opening in the net and frees the Lion.

There's a supposed sequel-But don't worry about that. At the end of the day, modern points of view on the story have made it primarily about teamwork and respecting those that are smaller/weaker or less fortunate than you. I like the dynamic that the Lion is so strong, so fierce, but he falls prey to show that he really can't do everything himself. Sadly, I can't seem to imagine where to even begin crafting a character for this idea.
O/O

firepyre

Tentatively interested. I'm not sure just before christmas is the best time for a launch though.

I'd be looking to play a villain. The big bad wolf's bigger badder brother. He's out for blood, after his little bro got done in by Red.

Mathim

Quote from: Viktoff Samson on December 13, 2016, 10:42:40 AM
This one gave me that impression.

Ah, that was the previous attempt, Take II. This is the speculated third attempt, which hasn't yet fizzled out. Though when it does I'll probably make a similar post so everyone knows and might be able to voice their interest to rekindle it.

@ firepyre: Well, not everyone's posting at a very frequent rate so I don't think it would make a huge difference if you created a character and just made one post in between now and the holiday. But I'd love a member of the big bad wolf tribe to be a villain, if only we had a Red Riding Hood so their blood feud could really take the story up a notch.

LamentingQuill

Depending on how many characters we're allowed, I was thinking about Robin Hood or maybe a villain, kinda got a bit of an itch to play a baddie

SweetSerenade

I am going to bow out but keep this on watch for the moment. Apologies, just have a lot going on and don't want to load up on too many group games. <3

Good luck!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Well, at least there wasn't a deep commitment, that might have been more disappointing, having a fully fleshed-out profile worked out and not being able to use it.

If you can handle a time commitment that will let you keep a good timing balance, you can probably do 3 characters, especially if they are a combination of good and evil characters rather than all good or all evil.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on December 13, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
Well, at least there wasn't a deep commitment, that might have been more disappointing, having a fully fleshed-out profile worked out and not being able to use it.

If you can handle a time commitment that will let you keep a good timing balance, you can probably do 3 characters, especially if they are a combination of good and evil characters rather than all good or all evil.

Awesomesauce, I got a villain idea and if that's a no go, I MIGHT go with Robin Hood. Maybe.

Mathim

Robin Hood as a villain? I'd love to see the backstory on that one!

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mathim on December 13, 2016, 08:48:38 PM
Robin Hood as a villain? I'd love to see the backstory on that one!

Well, not doing Robin Hood now (as you know, lol), but I wouldn't have written him a villain, he was just my back up idea :)

Mathim

Oh, well, you had said you wanted to play a villain, so...but yeah, we got it sussed out.

LamentingQuill

Still seeking new players, never too late to jump in, a new hero or villain could always turn the tide of a story in the most delicious ways.

Yurie