Lets all Get along.

Started by Lustful Bride, October 02, 2014, 07:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Not sure what I really want to say with this thread except, lets all join hands and love the fact that we are all Humans. We are all family and should love one another as such, no matter our life choices or what we choose to worship or what color our skin is or who we chose as our lover.

We all live on this Earth and are born innocent, and one day we shall pass from it, we are all fellow travelers to the grave, so we should treat eachother as such and not abominations to be hated, disrespected or avoided.

So to everyone who looks at this thread I just wanted to say you are perfect as you are. No one has a right to tell you   that you are wrong or stupid or bad for your life choices. So long as no one is harmed by what you do, you are a good person. In the end, this is the one and only life we have, so we shouldn't waste it making the world a more painful place. Because we have no right to do so.

Here have a free hug.  ;D

Florence

Not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this... but I'll contribute my two cents to the topic at hand all the same.

O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Lustful Bride

im sorry if this is not the right forum. *derpy face*  :P

I had absolutely no idea where to put it.

also... Excelent!! *air guitars*

Sheoldred

Whoa, a topic about getting along?!

Way too controversial for me!

Lustful Bride

gaggedLouise

Praying for one's persecutors can be impressive, but sometimes it doesn't make sense politically.  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

Quote from: gaggedLouise on October 03, 2014, 02:17:53 AM
Praying for one's persecutors can be impressive, but sometimes it doesn't make sense politically.  ;)

reminds me of something my old political science teacher said humorously to me.

"Dammit Lilith, you cant be on the fence all the time!"

ME: "But I like the fence, it feels safe and good there, and it lets me understand and sympathize with everyone."

Teacher: "Well in politics that's a sin, so don't go into politics. You have too much soul for it."  :P

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 03, 2014, 09:53:52 AM
Teacher: "Well in politics that's a sin, so don't go into politics. You have too much soul for it."  :P

Translation:  Soul > 0  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

But of course. They're politicians, they all already sold their souls.  ;D *rimshot*

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Lustful Bride on October 02, 2014, 07:53:33 PM
So to everyone who looks at this thread I just wanted to say you are perfect as you are. No one has a right to tell you you are wrong or stupid or bad for your life choices. So long as no one is harmed by what you do, you are a good person.
Are you so sure about that? Not doing bad does not necessarily make one a good person, does it?

I very much agree with the general sentiment of you post, but does the absence of black really make white?
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Zakharra

It's a good sentiment, but unfortunately hard to do in large groups. As with politics and such. I think if everyone tried to be good and decent to everyone they can (without being naive about it for those people who will use you), we can hopefully make the world a better place. We cannot always do the right thing, but we can respect other peoples opinions, treat others as we would want to be treated and defend what is ours and those who need defending.

Lustful Bride

Cassandra: Nope, not doing good when it is needed can also be a bad thing. And there come times when you have to do bad things to help others. The world is a thousand shades of gray. Very few things are black and white.  :-\

Zakharra: *fistbumps Zakharra* I couldn't have said it better myself.  ;D

Kythia

Meh, I think there's far too much getting along in this world.  Far too many people willing to overlook each others flaws or to find common ground.  Fucking hippies.  I dream of the entire human race one day spending its time with its back in the corner watching each other warily over the barrel of a gun because of xenophobia and hatred.  Families turned against one another, nations ripped apart.  Mothers eating their newborn children to prevent them growing to become a threat. 

Oh, I know its probably impossible.  But its important to have a dream isn't it?  To work for a better world, even if we'll never achieve it.

Also, I've had a really shitty day at work, that may be colouring this a little.  But I doubt it.

EDIT:  Olly the Inexplicable Apostrophe removed.

Lustful Bride

Sad thing is that's a pretty good description of 20% of humanity on a bad day.....No wonder the aliens never come to ask us for sugar or something. Were the crazy neighbors who fight constantly.  :P

Kythia

Do you know what I hate?  Baby seals.

Lustful Bride

theres some song out there about a guy getting the most gas guzzling car with baby seal leather interior....now im wondering if that's real or I lost my mind and made it up.......o_O

Oniya

There's a line in Megamind about 'shaking in my custom baby seal leather boots' - is that close enough?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lustful Bride

probably...darn I just wish I knew what song I was thinking of now.  "You know what im gonna do im gonna get me a 1960.""...something car..."with babyseal leather interior"  and something...damn that's gonna bother me all day now X D

Kythia

Lustful Bride

Sheoldred

I'm starting to like you, Lustful Bride. You sound like fun!

Lustful Bride

Random thought: A good example of two opposites getting along peacefully. I am a Christian (on an erotic roleplay site....yeah I need to work on that lust thing.  ::) ) And I have been dating an Atheist for close to 3 or 4 years now. (feels alot longer now that I think about it.) And we both love and respect one another's beliefs.

He even doesn't mind going to church with me once in a while so long as I promise to go with him to a U2 concert....*shivers* I don't like their music but hey I loves my BF a lot.  ;D

He even once defended me from a (now former) friend of his who upon finding I held Christian beliefs made it his business to mock and insult me to almost the point of tears once.

I just thought maybe this would work good in this thread and help show others that no matter who or what you are, with love in your heart and a patient/tolerant mind you can get past anything and be together.  ;D

Devilyn Sydhe

Wwwhhhaaatttt!!!!!  You...you don't like U2!  Blasphemy!!... ;D sorry, totally just kidding, everyone getting along really is a noble sentiment, I'm just not sure the sides can ever really trust each other enough to actually listen.  People have far more in common than not, it's just the differences and those who prey upon them that get the spotlight.

The baby seals do have it coming though!

Lustful Bride

Quote from: KalebHyde on October 10, 2014, 01:02:05 PM

The baby seals do have it coming though!

Of course the seals have it coming. They are far too innocent. Those eyes, they hold much darkness within them.  >_>

Oniya

I think what helps is when people see each other as people - not as parts of some vague and nebulous category.  It's much harder to hate individuals (especially individuals that you know) than it is to hate a faceless group.  It's like the way that people have a watershed moment when someone in their close personal circle reveals that they are part of whatever 'other' group that's been targeted.