City of Heroes RP?

Started by Beautiful Poison, September 05, 2009, 07:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beautiful Poison

Hi all. I'm new but I wanted to put out feelers and see if anyone was interested in an RP thread based off of the MMO City of Heroes? Not sure if anyone around the boards is a fan of the game or not. I've been playing the game since launch, so about 5 years now and I'm still loving it.

The game takes place in a city called Paragon and it's filled with super powered heroes of all shapes and sizes, as well as super villains. There is no limit really as to what sort of character you can have, so solid knowledge of the game isn't required. Might be a good idea to look up some of the named villain groups though. 

Here is a link to the wiki page for CoH. No better place to learn about the game.
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

But I'd love some feed back on ideas or opinions and whether or not there's any interest in the idea.

~ Salice
Reply Status N/A. ( Updated 19/01/2024 )
Posting Frequency - N/A
Availability - Not Accepting New Stories

Returned
A bit about Me - Ons/Offs - Story Requests - Absences and Apologizes 
"I'm the total package that got fucked up in shipping and handling"

Athelite

Well, I too like to play COX. I think that I'd enjoy an RP based on its setting. I'm announcing my interest but I'm curious if you had any ideas already in mind?

The RP can be about a super group coming together, or something?

Beautiful Poison

Honestly I'm not 100% sure yet. I'd like to see how much interest the idea gets and see what the opinions of those individuals have.

I've already got a character picked out for myself. I'm currently writing a very lengthy fanfiction about her. A robot that was originally built by the Rikti during the first invasion and then the US government had her put back together after the war. ect. I'll go into more detail later though  :-)

Thanks for letting me know you're interested, Athelite.
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

Archermonkey

I think I'd be up for something like this, too.  I've been playing CoX on and off for the last three years, and I've got some fun characters that would be fun to RP outside of flavourful dialogue in teams.
I'm back!  I can't guarantee any specific schedule right now, but I'm trying to get going as best I can.
If I've been in a game with you in the past and you want to restart it, please let me know!  I've sent out a bunch of PMs about this, but I know I have to send more.

[tr][td]       [/td][td]

~-~  ~-~  ~-~
How to make the Monkey happy
~-~  ~-~  ~-~
[/td][td]       [/td][td]*

[/td][td]         [/td][td]
My upcoming posts:
Bah Humbug, Bitch
The Devil's Deal
The Golden Spectre of Slavery <G>
[/td][td]         [/td][/tr][/table]

Gladiator0161

Hey Salice, mind if I join?

I've never actually played the game due to financial concerns but, I've got it, lol. I've always liked this kinda stuff. I've got a couple characters in mind that I could use, they're heroes though. I'm partially informed about the game, because I have some comic books over it believe it or not.

Are you going to require a short bio of our characters? or we just getting into the RP like most people?

Beautiful Poison

Cool. Thanks for the interest.

I liked the idea about maybe a new super group of heroes forming.

Feel free to post up any ideas or characters you'd like to. I'm all ears!  ;D

~Sal
Posting Frequency - N/A

Returned

Gladiator0161

Ok, well, here it goes then.
One character is a man by the name of Victor Johnson, he's 7 feet tall at 400 lbs, all muscle. He goes by the name Titan when he's in his silver and black uniform. He's a college student and he comes from a poor family, he's worked his way into some money, but he's no billionaire.
I have a picture but, I'll hafta draw a new one and take a picture of it so i can put it in photoshop, so I can use it on here. He's got super strength, flight, sonic control, super hearing and invulnerable skin.

He's weak against high powered energy, like plasma or radiation, it drains his strength, as well as loud noises from at minimum ten feet away, like gun shots or a baby screaming, being trapped in a sound proofed room or in a room filled with water, he can't use his sonics and his sonic powers can be bounced back at him with twice the damage dealt to him. He also has a weakness against psychics, his bullet proof skin doesn't sheild him from mind manipulation.

The second character I have in mind is a technopath that can control metal. He also has flight capabilities (only with the suit) and super speed. He can build extremely intricate devices with his mind if there are components lying around, like say a smashed computer.
He can build anything he wants out of any of the materials he finds, weapons, hand held devices, scanners, armor.. whatever, as long as it's metal and can run a electrical charge through it.
He is not bullet proof, nor does he have super strength so, he can be hurt by pretty much anything if he doesn't have his suit on.

His name is Scarlet Ranger a.k.a. Jason Withers he's 6 foot and 220 lbs and he's a billionaires son. His main weapons are a bow and a quiver of arrows, and a katana style word. His most common weaknesses are, girls, bullets, EMP, and psychics as well, usually in that order, lol. I likewise have a picture for this character but, like the first, I'l hafta run it through photoshop.

I hope that these characters are alright and that I can use them. If I can't use them both, I'll just use Scarlet Ranger since Titan is already in a thread.

Tagan

I've played CoH and left partialy becaue I couldn't afford the fee, and partially due to lack or RP there.

How about Mindwave, a telekinetic Heroine, with a kind and calm persona, and a danger seeking wild side?

(In CoH terms she'll be A Forcefield/Telekinetic Push Controller)

Gladiator0161

is still interested in this thread but, thinks about playing the technopath if that's alright.