Bleach: Soul Reaper with the Red Lotus Blade (FlaminGlory/djgenxcide)

Started by FlaminGlory, September 15, 2009, 10:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJGenXCide

Zhou would still be sitting over near the boulders, his own blade held in his hands.  Sky Dragon was anxious in his hands, the lightning circling and circling over and over again.  "Will you calm down?" Zhou said, to which the sword seemed to only move quicker.  "We can't force her to move any faster.  Besides, do you remember when I first spoke to you?  Hell, you were all types of annoying.  You need patience."  If lightning could make a rude sound, that sword would have made it.

FlaminGlory

Stepping closer to him, she gave a soft smile. "Hey, I'm ready to contuine if you are." She told him with a smile as she had a feeling that he was going to land on his butt before the day was through, she was going to make sure of that. It seemed that she was connected with her sword now and she knew some attacks that she was going to use.

DJGenXCide

Zhou didn't trust that smile at all.  As he stood, the living lightning within his hand crackled around uneasily, as if it, too, did not trust what would be happening in the coming minutes.  Her reiatsu had risen, was more in sync with her sword.  Given that, and the unknown factors of the sword, it was a given that he'd have to approach this much more gingerly than he had before.

Sky Dragon was raised, the bolt of lightning within his hand snapping back and forth, ready to test itself against this one's blade once again.  Lightning circled around Zhou's form, his purple hair levitating around his frame as he waited.

FlaminGlory

Giving another smile, she raised her sword in front of her as she prepared to attack him. Stepping forward, she sliced with her sword, her intent to drive him back. One of the attacks she was going to do invovled her being in the air, so she thought that he would let him attack her and thus having to force her to jump in the air.

She kept striking at him, making sure to leave an opening so he could attack her. She wasn't sure if this attack would work but she had to try it out.

DJGenXCide

Zhou was far from a trainee when it came to learning the give and take of combat.  Given the way she was attacking, he knew there was a reason she was leaving so many openings.  By the same token, he was also more experienced in how to attack from multiple angles than she was.  So during one of his retreating movements, he'd drive the lightning that was his zanpaktou down into the ground in front of him, sending it surging beneath the ground to shoot up from her very feet towards her.

FlaminGlory

The feeling of something under her feet, she jumped up to avoid the attack. "Got you now." She said with a smirk as she felt herself connect with her sword and with a mid air spin, she sent flower petals down at him. She wasn't even sure if this thing was going to work, but she had to try didn't she. It was the whole part about connecting with her sword.

DJGenXCide

Given the fact that he knew nothing about what those petals would do, and that he needed to get her confidence up a bit, he'd appear to be a little lacking in avoiding them.  So, in fact, he'd get caught by a few rather than all of them.  Which meant he would suffer the consequences in, what was most likely, a spectacularly painful fashion!

FlaminGlory

Natsumi watched as her attack fluttered down at him and she noted that he didn't avoid them and she wondered if he was trying to boost her cofendance up but either way he was hit by her attack. Landing on the ground a few feet away from him, she gave a smug smirk as she waited to see what he would do. She needed to pratice on her defense as well as offense.

DJGenXCide

Zhou simply stood there for a moment.  "That's it?" he said, looking at the flowers that decorated a bit of his body.  "I mean, that's it?  I was expecting a bit more bang for the buck, so to speak.  A few flowers landed on me and...that's it?"  Zhou almost felt like crying, truly.  This was turning out to be an all but hopeless effort.  His free hand came up to rub across his face.

FlaminGlory

"I'm still trying to figure this out okay." She snapped at him as gave him a glare, doing a flash step. She was going to make him pay for saying that. She was still unsure on what her sword could do, just because she connected with it didn't mean that she knew what it could do. Slashing at him, she sent her engery into the sword and sent another lotus petal, shooting at him. Dodge that. She said to herself.

DJGenXCide

So her shunpo was decent.  It had been for some time.  However, Zhou was tired of dealing with it.  He was getting tired already of dealing with her.  He should have never been the teacher.  His patience was far from endless, and he just...didn't know what to do here.  Perhaps Byakuya should have chosen another to assist his daughter in this education.  However, he had to deal with the here and now.

Just as she could, he'd let shunpo take over and disappear in a short move that ended with him some distance away from her and the lotus petal that had been shot at him.  His anger was palpable, the scent of it nearly staining the air as his temper sharpened to a point just shy of killing.  In response to her attempt upon his personage with such a...paltry, in his opinion, attack?  He'd respond with something suitable for the situation.

A swing of the blade of lightning sent a bolt of electricity flying through the air directly towards her.

FlaminGlory

Natsumi eyes widen as she watched the electricty come at her and she brought her sword up in an attempt to block him. Thinking that it was because she was getting tired but she refused to be weak and she wouldn't be weak at all. There was to much riding on the fact that she had to save her mother.

"I'm not going to let you bet me." She muttered.

DJGenXCide

The strike wouldn't fall upon her as hard as it could have, perhaps due to her sword, perhaps simply due to her sheer stubbornness.  However, Zhou wasn't going to take it easy on her.  Each swing of his sword sent more lightning at her, an attempt to overwhelm her with the sheer amount of blows he could rain down upon her.  His temper was rising, and his desire to hold back was quickly falling to the wayside.

FlaminGlory

It seemed, to her, that he wasn't going to take it easy on her and she wouldn't every other way. She kept blocking the attacks, or at least trying to as she found herself stepping back as the became stronger. "No, I'm not quiting." She said to herself as she tried to defend herself and look for any openings so that she could attack.

DJGenXCide

Zhou was impressed by her willingness to simply stand there and withstand the attacks.  Granted, they wouldn't stop, and it seemed as if he'd reached the plateau of his strength for the time being.  Openings there would be, as if he were purposefully trying to draw her in to assault him.  So he could respond with something nasty.

FlaminGlory

Seeing the openings, she was about to attack him, but the thought of him doing something to her when she did get close to him, so she kept her distance. Wondering if she could try that attack again, but make sure she put more energy in it. The fluttered before this time with the soar down at him, and she doubted that he would be able to dodge it.

DJGenXCide

To Zhou's mind, why try to avoid an assault if you could meet it head on and try to crush it?  So when she fluttered and struck at him from above, he'd take his blade in two hands and bring it forward in a swift, potent overhand strike.  After all, it was time to truly test the strength of her blade.  He just hoped she survived encountering him with two hands on his blade instead of the usual one.

FlaminGlory

Flash stepping, so she ended up in the sky she looked down at him. Turning like she had before, she put more power in the petals, she sent down this time. So instead of fluttering, the soared down at him. Keeping her eyes on him as she wasn't sure if he would do something back at her and she knew that he was more experience that she did.

DJGenXCide

Once more, Zhou would merely stand there and wait for the petals to fall upon him once again.  They had done nothing to him the first time, so what were they likely to do to him a second?  So this time it was up to her and her blade to determine what would happen, he imagined.

FlaminGlory

Concentrating on her attack, she couldn't help but wonder if they would actually do something this time instead of looking pretty, she needed them to do more then that. It seemed that with this attack, she could make them look pretty at first but the more she concentrated the sharper the petals seemed to look and the faster the soared to the ground.

If he didn't move out of the way, he would probably be cut by them.

DJGenXCide

When the first few petals struck him, and sliced into his skin, the rest were quickly avoided.  A shunpo and he was safely away from the falling petals, staring down at his wounds.  A shake of the head and he'd look up at her, smirking.  "Not bad," he said.  "Granted, not quite the same as your father's, but not bad.  His sword actually separates into thousands of petals that are all but invisible to the naked eye unless they are amassed."  A slight inclination, showing that he was proud of her, he proceeded to wait for her next strike!

FlaminGlory

"From the sounds of it, I'll never be close to my fathers." She told him with a soft smile as she shunpoed down to the ground. Her eyes flicked toward him and it seemed that he was proud of her and she was glad that she had been able to put that prideness in him.

"Your turn." She said with a soft smile.

DJGenXCide

Zhou would laugh softly.  "What, can tell that I'm holding back?"  A shake of his head and he'd hold up his crackling blade.  "Lightning based zanpaktous are rare for a reason.  They're fast, powerful, and destructive as all hell.  I'd argue that it's on par with a fire.  However, I haven't yet unlocked bankai.  I'm limited by my current abilities.  Lets see if we can push each other to that next level."  With his reiatsu resonating with that of his blade, Zhou's lightning armor flickered around him, enough to stain the air with its anger.  He'd charge at her, not bothering with shunpo, merely moving forward with the blade held in both hands, moving quickly and with more strength behind the blade than ever before.  Should she try to block one of those strikes, she may end up thrown back more than a few dozen feet!

FlaminGlory

"I guess I can." Natsumi told him with a soft smile as she watched him come at her, although the electricty he was surronding himself with worried her slightly. When he went to attack her, she brought her sword up to block him. When it connected, she couldn't hold her postion as she was thrown back and with luck landed on her feet as she skid to a halt.

Looking at him, she slowly got back into guard postion. She was far from done and her smirk told him that.

DJGenXCide

He would continue the same attack, over and over again, each one seeming to only gain in power from the previous.  Granted he was expending his reiatsu to try and ensure each and every attack was stronger than the previous.  It was to test her, to see if she would tap into her own strength in a similar way so she could hold her ground against his onslaught.