Adventure League 5e

Started by Lyku, June 21, 2017, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whowhatwhere

I find myself short on time, so I shall remove interest. Good luck!
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Lyku

One thing to note for players, especially for those not familiar with AL.  Until a character hits level 5, you can change any aspect of your character except for name, race and faction you choose [Like Harpers, Lords Alliance, etc].  This means if wanted to try a paladin, then wanted to try a bard, you can do so and it would have any XP/gold/downtime gained.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Thais

27 p, gotcha

I'm sorry I'm able to choose only Champion. Ok, we'll see how that turns out :-)
What you see is what you get: a heart of an Angel and the mind of a Devil
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you
I'm available on Discord. Please feel free to connect  thaisdk#4077

Lyku

Champion is not bad.  If you after curious of other subclasses, I am more than willing to assist how I can.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

greenknight

Quote from: Lyku on June 26, 2017, 02:46:38 PM
One thing to note for players, especially for those not familiar with AL.  Until a character hits level 5, you can change any aspect of your character except for name, race and faction you choose [Like Harpers, Lords Alliance, etc].  This means if wanted to try a paladin, then wanted to try a bard, you can do so and it would have any XP/gold/downtime gained.
It's name, xp, and treasure/rewards (magic items, downtime, etc) that can't change, but if you change class and/or background, you change your starting gear and make the necessary adjustments (changed gear on your character, adjust money for selling previous starting gear, etc). You can change faction, but you lose all renown, and no, you don't get it back if you rebuild again back to the original faction.
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Pink Kitten

I'll look into my character better in a day or two, but I'll try to make the druid I've got in mind work somehow for sure :-)

Question -- is it possible to have my druidic focus be flavored as a thick and strong wooden wand, which is then considered to be a club weapon (and can then be imbued with Shilleilagh)? So technically I suppose just have a club as the druidic focus...?

Thais

Quote from: Lyku on June 26, 2017, 03:20:29 PM
Champion is not bad.  If you after curious of other subclasses, I am more than willing to assist how I can.

The Battle Master hold a sacred place in my heart :-) On the other hand... sometimes you have to do things differently and try new challenges. I'll go with Champion and see how it goes. Thanks for your help, anyway. I appreciate it very much
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you

Lyku

Thanks for clarifying, greenknight.

Ill double check druid and get you an answer soon, Pink

No prob, Thais.  My first char was a champion for 5e.  Rode him to 20.  Gear is a big deal, but good power.  Great with a 2hander

SweetRevenge

Hmm. Interesting. Maybe I'll try my ranger bounty hunter idea first and see how that goes, if I dont like the feeling I will probably switch to a warlock or sorcerer. That's pretty sweet in my opinion =) Is there a specific place to make the character sheets? I'm on AL online tools and made a character at level 0 but I have no idea how to link a sheet to a character >.> I can always make a physical copy or something and use that as reference, I'm just unfamiliar with online dnd XO I have a good idea how I want to spend the points and character background, just unsure where to cram all these ideas =P

Thais

Im more sword and shield myself

Lyku

Whatever is easiest for you.  I use Myth Weavers.

Thais

How many players can we expect having a character in this game? Im curious about the size of the party

Lyku

AL restricts game size between 3 and 7 players.

Pink Kitten

I'll try to get my druid up tomorrow!

Kathyan

Do we need to register or create an account somewhere to join this?

AndyZ

Has anyone grabbed up Rogue yet?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lyku

You need to get a sci number from WotC.  The link i have up thdre should help you get that.

Thais

Are we to scan and upload the charactersheets?

Lyku

I would personally recommend using a site like Myth-Weavers.com to keep your character updated on.  Allows me access as well.

Pink Kitten

I googled around for nice-looking shareable character sheet thingies and found this one I liked, hope it shows up all right:

https://orcpub2.com/pages/dnd/5e/characters/17592189544467

It was even nice enough to give me an "Adventurer's League legal" stamp when I was done, so... yay? ;D

I still might tinker with it a bit but I think it's pretty much there -- it's not very min/max optimal I bet but it's not trying to be :-) My plan is to try and be a Circle of the Land druid who uses spells but also does some melee fighting herself if need be, with shapeshifting not being her main way of fighting at all. I also took the Entertainer background just because I wanted her to be a bit more interesting: the idea being that she's some kind of a druid dancer who performs wild animal-like dance routines and wants to share beauty and joy around in the world -- she's probably a follower of a deity like Llira or Sune. So she does love and protect nature like all druids, but it's the beauty of nature above all else, and she wants to spread the beauty of nature with her dancing even among civilization.

I did mark her both a club as a weapon and a yew wand as her druidic focus, but like I mentioned, if possible, I'd like them to actually be the same item: a particularly strong yew wand that functions as a club. Just for flavor, really, no other reason :-)

By the way, one question: as the plan is to run an official-like campaign, is the plan to keep it pretty much smut-free, or give it a little Elliquiy twist (whatever that might mean)? I'm personally fine either way, just curious!

Lyku

Here's the thing.  The campaign itself uses a sanctioned Wizard's of the Coast module.  So on my end, as a DM, there won't be much smut.  There are tentacle monsters... just monsters that will probably want to kill you.  However, you all are adventurer's and are travelling together.  What members of the party do with each other, that is your decision and it adds a level of depth to the characters. 

Min-maxing is not necessarily important.  The focus should be that you are playing a character that you find enjoyable.

Thais

My character Kiaz is ready. Human female fighter wielding a morningstar and shield. Character sheet is ready on Myth-weavers

If you allow It, I do love her to be a Battle Master

Chulanowa

Still brainstorming. Leaning towards a dwarf or kobold, race-wise.

SweetRevenge

I completed my character sheet on Myth-Weavers, I just have to develop his background a bit and he's all set for gameplay =J Zeres Tratenis, tiefling ranger at your service =J

SweetRevenge

Quote from: SweetRevenge on June 29, 2017, 03:22:19 PM
I completed my character sheet on Myth-Weavers, I just have to develop his background a bit and he's all set for gameplay =J Zeres Tratenis, tiefling ranger at your service =J
Okay that's wierd. I saved and everything, but myth weavers isn't keeping the changes I bring to my character sheets. It's getting frustrating that I keep filling in the info and it doesnt stick >.> When you start knowing everything by heart because you keep filling them in and they still dont save even when it tells you it did... The frustration is real.