Hyborian Age(Conan Setting) - <Full> (Extreme, N/C, Freeform)

Started by Moraline, May 09, 2013, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegionary

Phaia

it is hyborian...there arent many women warriors out there...so having more males works I think

Phaia

Moraline

Quote from: TheLegionary on May 12, 2013, 08:00:54 PM
I am confused. Are male characters still allowed?
I'm sorry TL.

Yes, I'm okay with more male characters. Please apply with one if you want to.

I only mentioned the lack of females because some people don't like it when the balance is too far off.

TheLegionary

Moraline

Quote from: TheLegionary on May 12, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
What about a male trader? Does it sound too normal? LOL
I like normal, normal is a brave choice. Although I'd probably call him a "Merchant."

Moraline

>>> Update <<<

Clickable Thread Links

Original Interest Check
Mercenary Company (Character Sheets)
The Leaky Wench of Kordava (IC)
OOC Lounge

Current Character List with Links to Mercenary Company (Character Sheet thread)

Female Characters

Male Characters

Lorelei

1.  What language are we speaking?  our characters are a very multinational group.  just wondering.

2.  I was thinking that Mira worked for and reported directly to the old captain.  I think some people know this but maybe not everyone.  I will leave it up to everyone to decide on their own.

3.  I can see Mira partnering with either Goose or Runa or both for special missions in the past?  What do you ladies think?

4.  Still waiting for reverification.  I have been gone for years and can be patient :-)

Moraline

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 12, 2013, 11:22:44 PM
What I have come up with, bear with me as I need to fix typos and such still. But I have to go to be to get up at 5:30 in the morning so it will have to wait till later. I just wanted to get it done and up before my muse for it disappeared.

Just let me know when it's finished.  Also, I see that you have "healer" listed a lot. Judging from what I'm reading can we call it maybe herbalist? We have one guy that's a battlefield medic/physician.

A herbalist and him(physician) would work well together with one character making concoctions/pastes/herbal remedies and the physician applying them.

Quote from: Lorelei on May 13, 2013, 05:46:47 AM
1.  What language are we speaking?  our characters are a very multinational group.  just wondering.

2.  I was thinking that Mira worked for and reported directly to the old captain.  I think some people know this but maybe not everyone.  I will leave it up to everyone to decide on their own.

3.  I can see Mira partnering with either Goose or Runa or both for special missions in the past?  What do you ladies think?

4.  Still waiting for reverification.  I have been gone for years and can be patient :-)

Good questions.

1)  Too make it easier (and I know it's an annoying cliche) but I'm going to go with everyone speaking a "common tongue." I'll still have individual languages exist but it's just easier to have everyone speak "common."

2 & 3) I'm okay with this as long as everyone else is.

4) Good luck! 
*EDIT*  Don't forget to send your email request to get re-verified - If you sent it to one Goddess, try sending it a different one - maybe, Mithlomwen right now - She's online at the moment.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Moraline on May 13, 2013, 08:14:09 AM
Just let me know when it's finished.  Also, I see that you have "healer" listed a lot. Judging from what I'm reading can we call it maybe herbalist? We have one guy that's a battlefield medic/physician.

A herbalist and him(physician) would work well together with one character making concoctions/pastes/herbal remedies and the physician applying them.
Good questions.

Yeah that works for me I shall edit that bit. Beyond that and having fix grammar and such does she look ok?

Moraline

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 13, 2013, 08:25:20 AM
Yeah that works for me I shall edit that bit. Beyond that and having fix grammar and such does she look ok?
It's looking good to me. I'd want to limit the pressure point tactics to things that are carefully planned acupuncture so it's less effective in combat and more effective on a sitting still target.  Are you okay with that? I only say this because we have one martial artist in the group already and she's also a minor herbalist as well.

Phaia

the amusing [or strange] thing about this is that Goose has nearly white hair [tints of yellow]
that she dyes blue and blue grey eyes and throws daggers very deadly with them [can we see freindly contests there]

I was vague with her background just that she grew up in the pit and was an orphan.... maybe she is some long lost Aesir  :o :o

she also have a weird brithmark on the back of her left shoulder

Phaia

Ebb

Quote from: Phaia on May 13, 2013, 11:13:09 AM
the amusing [or strange] thing about this is that Goose has nearly white hair [tints of yellow]
that she dyes blue and blue grey eyes and throws daggers very deadly with them [can we see freindly contests there]

I was vague with her background just that she grew up in the pit and was an orphan.... maybe she is some long lost Aesir  :o :o

she also have a weird brithmark on the back of her left shoulder

Phaia

I'm sensing a long-lost sisters plot here. Or maybe cousins.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Moraline on May 13, 2013, 08:57:40 AM
It's looking good to me. I'd want to limit the pressure point tactics to things that are carefully planned acupuncture so it's less effective in combat and more effective on a sitting still target.  Are you okay with that? I only say this because we have one martial artist in the group already and she's also a minor herbalist as well.

That can kind go with that, the way I built her she isn't the in your face type fighter. More the by the time you realize that she is after you it's probably to late. :P She isn't strong enough to take them by force so she needs to know where to hit to make it count as much as possible.  Plus the pressure points were for some smexy fun as well hehe, she gives the best massages ever. ;)

CurvyKitten

Well it seems I will not be in this one after all, my character doesn't fit it seems. To similar to the others apparently, and I just don't know or have a muse for another character. Best of luck to you all then. Hope you have fun.

Moraline

No worries and good luck out there. Hopefully we'll catch you in another game sometime.

That means we are still recruiting for at least 1 more female character.

I think what we need at this time is maybe a female character that is a soldier, or a red sonja type. Maybe something completely different then what we have right now - perhaps a female blacksmith?

PM me if you have a concept you'd like to talk about.

Phaia

Quote from: Moraline on May 13, 2013, 03:31:15 PM
- perhaps a female blacksmith?[/b]

PM me if you have a concept you'd like to talk about.

shades of "Knight's Tale"

Phaia

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

TheLegionary

The ideas of female characters are really getting hotter. I hope I will find out some time to join.

vin26m

Lithium

That's exactly what I was going to play at first but then I changed my mind, maybe I shouldn't have. D:

Moraline

Quote from: Lithium on May 13, 2013, 09:03:26 PM
That's exactly what I was going to play at first but then I changed my mind, maybe I shouldn't have. D:
You can change your character if you want to. We could even give her a grand death battle or something. It would be fun. It's up to you.

We are still recruiting and willing to accept anyone.
(Open to any gender & sexual orientation)

PM me if you have a concept you'd like to talk about. I like creative original concepts. You don't have to be a warrior to play in the game. (Note: make sure to read the original post and NO Magic player characters.)

Players signed up so far with Characters

Female Characters

Male Characters

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on May 14, 2013, 12:35:26 PM
You can change your character if you want to. We could even give her a grand death battle or something. It would be fun. It's up to you.

:O Noooooooo, I like her, we've bonded!

CurvyKitten

I see you still haven't gotten another female, I keep coming back to this thread but can't get a full character pulled forth from my muse. Mrr...fickle thing.

Muse

*smiles*  So you wouldn't mind if I played a girl? This sounds like a lot of fun. 

I was originally going to apply with a Turanian nomad, but a dangerous shieldmaiden could be great fun indeed. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Moraline

PM me with any character concepts you might have.  A shield maiden is good, and of course we are open to other unique concepts that fit the setting.