News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Re: What are you listening to right now? (Part 1) (Archive)

Started by Mithlomwen, February 10, 2009, 03:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wyrd

Wow, those guys remind me of classic old school black metal!

Been listening to alot of epic stuff lately.

From Norway <3

Borknagar-Colossus (better audio quality)
Ragtime Dandies!

Nanoki

Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Xandria

Quote from: Wyrd on May 18, 2011, 12:26:17 PM
Wow, those guys remind me of classic old school black metal!

Been listening to alot of epic stuff lately.

From Norway <3

Borknagar-Colossus (better audio quality)

Hehe...yep good old days!  ;D  Wow, love Borknagar too! 

Speaking of Symphony X...Redemption?

Redemption - Black and White World
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Wyrd

Never heard of them before, but they really sound a LOT like Symphony X, not a bad thing. I like it, especially keys.

From one of the greatest prog albums EVER!

Day 11 - Love
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Quote from: Wyrd on May 18, 2011, 01:08:44 PM

From one of the greatest prog albums EVER!

Day 11 - Love

Yup, Ayreon is amazing!  There's not too much of theirs I don't like.  ;D 

Ayreon - Day Three: Pain

This one too...

Ayreon-Age of Shadows
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Wyrd

Awesome! I got really into to these guys through Blind Guardian(My personal favorite) . Their lead singer did some guest work for them.

Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) & Ayreon

The best part is at 4:16
Ayreon - Beneath The Waves
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Ooh yep Blind Guardian is awesome!  ;D

Love this one with it's Medieval melody!

The Bard`s Song (Studio)

Wyrd

I saw them live here in Toronto and the whole crowd(including me) every word of the bards song! :)

Only BG can make a song about peter pan sound this awesome!

Blind Guardian - Fly
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Ack! I so wanted to see them in Montreal but couldn't go! Hehe...yes only BG could have done Fly!

I love the lyrics in this one too:

Blind Guardian Lost In The Twilight Hall Remastered Mp3

crystaltears

Franz Schubert - Piano Sonata D. 960 part 1-1

Which unfortunately just kind of stops rather than reaching it's conclusion.
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Wyrd

Quote from: Xandria on May 18, 2011, 03:21:59 PM
Ack! I so wanted to see them in Montreal but couldn't go! Hehe...yes only BG could have done Fly!

I love the lyrics in this one too:

Blind Guardian Lost In The Twilight Hall Remastered Mp3

Another girl who likes BG... *Sigh...*

The best lyrics form BG I'd say are in this classic

Troy - Blind Guardian - Battlefield
Ragtime Dandies!

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Xandria

Quote from: Wyrd on May 18, 2011, 04:34:47 PM
Another girl who likes BG... *Sigh...*

The best lyrics form BG I'd say are in this classic
Troy - Blind Guardian - Battlefield

;D  OK yup, have to concede this one...Battlefield's song lyrics are the best!

Here's another band I've been getting into lately, Kamelot:

KAMELOT - March Of Mephisto

Wyrd

Ugge! Another band in trouble! :0 Their lead singer just left. But I think the band will pull through, they recently opened for Iron Maiden! Thats big.

These little know guy have been on my playlist a lot recently. I've never heard such a great blend of genres before.

Mercenary - Rescue Me

Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Sigh...yes, so many bands losing the best members! 

I actually only recently heard of Mercenary and do like them!  They do have a terrific sound, and I think it was this song I first heard. Loved it right away!

Mercenary - Embrace The Nothing

And, I like this new one too!

Mercenary - Shades Of Grey

Great songs!

Wyrd

I really love these guys. More then the avarge band. But ever since the lost Their founding member, Kral(Old Bass player and harsh vocalist) They've sorta lost a bit of what made them special. It's weird. Those two songe from their newest albums are great but a bit watered down with a little less heart then what the band used to put out.

Some amazing old stuff
Mercenary - Everblack

Mercenary - A Darker Shade of Black

MERCENARY - Firesoul (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Mercenary — 11 Dreams

Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Wow, thanks!  I liked them all, but 11 Dreams the best followed by A Darker Shade of Black as a close second!!  ;D  I looked up their lyrics too and they are all amazing! Hmmm...will have to look up all their albums now!

Every heard of Scar Symmetry?  They're slightly similar and I like their lyrics also:

Scar Symmetry - The Illusionist

Wyrd

Heehe! You're welcome. ;D Mercenary's lyrics used to be amazing and meaningful during the older stuff, they kinda suck now. And I listen ti SS al the time! They were the first band (IMO) to form that modern Melodic death metal sound with the harsh verses and the clean choruses. Sooo many bands now try to copy their sound. (the new Merc stuff...)

On of my faves.
scar symmetry - holographic universe

The James LaBrie band really takes from their style in his new album. It's pretty good though, James is a bit of a better and more trained singer.
James LaBrie - One More Time
Ragtime Dandies!

Xandria

Cool! I love Holographic universe and just about every SS song!   ;D

Quote from: Wyrd on May 18, 2011, 06:55:10 PM
The James LaBrie band really takes from their style in his new album. It's pretty good though, James is a bit of a better and more trained singer.
James LaBrie - One More Time
Another AWESOME Canadian! ;D  Hmmm...yup, have to mention Dream Theater too!

Dream Theater-Trial of Tears [FULL SONG]

Xandria

Kitsunetsuki

[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Wyrd

Speaking of Canadian musicians. Devin Townsend of Vancouver has got to be the most out their and well... one of the greatest talents that out country has ever produced!

"Coast" - The Devin Townsend Project

Devin Townsend - Canada

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - Almost Again (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

He's most certainly not for the average listener, but I hope the fine people of E are open minded   
Ragtime Dandies!

Eleanor

Mordred's lullaby - Heather Dale

Completely forgot about it until I saw Mordred floating around on the board ^^

Ons and Offs                                             Where there hell am I?UPDATED!
Plotness