A knight's Tale [MUL]

Started by CaptainErotica, August 27, 2009, 04:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainErotica

Back before E existed I first discovered the wonderful world of exotic storytelling on rpol.net. I joined a game loosely based around the movie "A Knight's Tale". It was a lot of fun and my character who started out as a pirate ended up falling in love, fighting a gemran Knight to defend her honor and was knighted himself.

Unfortunately rpol was far more strict on what they would allow in games run there. In fact it was one of the key reasons that E came into being. The game was ported over to E and thus I began my life here. Though the game didn't survive the move I still think it could be a fun story to do.

So I'd like to start up a new story based on "A Knight's Tale", or more specifically the setting, theme, etc. A medieval time period but with rock music and other minor contemporary tones. The story would involve original characters who follow the jousting tournaments from city to city. Some may be the knights and squires, others might be the armor smith, bar keep, maid, etc.  There would be some kind of time keeping involved, perhaps one in game day per real life week or maybe a bit faster or slower as needed. tournaments would be set up by me and any volunteers to help things run smoothly. the winner's of each round would be determined by a simple percentile roll with the higher roll winning, but the actually fight can be played out in free form. Due to the nature of these posts some PM communication are pretty much required between the two combatants. You can even forgo the die roll if you can agree on a winner without one.

So how about it, Knights, jousting, sword fights, fiery maidens and lots of sex. Who's with me?

clover

Definitely! I can see myself playing a handmaiden, lady in waiting, or something similar. How does that sound?
Ons and Offs
It's as simple as that.

undisclosedtoyou

Oh I am very interested in this game.  I'm thinking maybe a saucy maid, of low birth, who is knowledgeable in worldly affairs, and loves to gossip.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CaptainErotica

Both of your ideas sound great.

NinaN

I'd definitely be interested in something like this.  I would see myself as a harlot who keeps a room at the local inn. 

So, from what I see on this thread we have 3 ladies and only 1 knight.  We'll either be keeping you too busy for jousting or we'll have to find other ways to occupy ourselves.   ;)

CaptainErotica

# ladies and myself? You girls better call in some back up. :D

Hopefully we will get a few guys. Would be a boring jousting competition if i had to joust myself every time. Of course I can easily play three men. one per lady, but we'll give it some time. I'm sure the other men will stop by sooner or later.

undisclosedtoyou

Oh I'm sure that there will be more men who are interested in playing, I'm not worried:)
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

clover

Hopefully more men show up. I've always liked the idea of men dueling. I'm sad that tradition is no longer practiced.
Ons and Offs
It's as simple as that.

undisclosedtoyou

I know right, there's something so...romantic about dueling.  All that blood shed, and fighting for honor is almost thrilling in nature.

*Off topic*  The movie was just playing on HBO, so I was hoping because of that we might get more people interested in playing.

EDIT:

I think there should be tags added onto the title for this thread. 

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

CaptainErotica

Yes there should, but I'm not to sure yet how to categorize it. I can see non con, and some violence, though mostly of the combat variety. I guess  MUL works for now, until we can hammer out more details.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Robguy on August 28, 2009, 10:48:25 PM
Yes there should, but I'm not to sure yet how to categorize it. I can see non con, and some violence, though mostly of the combat variety. I guess  MUL works for now, until we can hammer out more details.

Yup I think Mul will work for now to:)

Mmm I can't wait until more guys get interested in this game, I mean so far there are a lot of women interested, so all we need are a few willing men to volunteer.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Insatiably Bored

this sounds like an interesting idea, andI would be more than happy to join if you'll have me. as for the role, looking to play a knight if thats alright?
O&O: Updated 9/27/11

A&A: UPDATED 9/28/11 Official Day of eternal departure from E

CaptainErotica

That's perfect! I figure most of the males will be knights, though we could also use a prince and maybe some squires, armor/weapon smiths, heck even heralds and judges or even the shady Purveyors of Religious Relics.

undisclosedtoyou

Yay another guy in the game^^

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

I would not mind being the smith that travels on the tour.

Perhaps a smith who wants to break into jousting, or has but keeps his day job.
I'll drop back if more knights show up to keep the game balance (if that is the purpose), I just like the idea of the story.

CaptainErotica

Welcome! don't worry about game balance. If need be we can allow multiple characters if anyone wants to play more than one.

Dirigible

I was going to volunteer to be a squire, taking care of the horses, armour (and any ladies that milord is too busy to entertain :) ) but I see Aiden has that covered. So I might have a go as the Black Knight, designated villain for the tournament, or a minstrel/herald.

CaptainErotica

Any of those ideas will work fine.

GabrielM

I would love to play a knight and if you don't mind my own herald. The herald would have a small part and be more like a NPC that I just use to introduce myself and add a little to my char.

BluDragonX

oo A Kights Tale.. I am so in.. I would RP the horse if I had to for this but would prefer a Ace Archer or a sexy little Rouge girl that no one thinks can do it... ^_^

CaptainErotica

Hmmm...I'm sure an archer fits, though i imagine Archery could be an event at the tourneys so that works. I'm not sure what you mean by the rogue girl, but it could work too as long as everyone involved is okay with you playing a woman. I'm sure no one minds, but we do have some people who on E who might.

BluDragonX

Rouge's are little ninjas but from Europe they were highly skilled at swords and bows and were widely used for spying and scouting. Most of the time they were Mercenaries and rarely held allegiance to any one but if they did heaven help any one that attacked or treatend how they protected.

CaptainErotica

Could work, if you can fit it into the story line.

Treena

i am all for playing a lady in wait. ~winks~

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

CaptainErotica

We'd love to have you.  I'm going to try and write out the character details and stuff tomorrow, but we don't need anything overly zealous,.