Cut off from the world (Survival, Apocalypse, Horror, Freeform, Erotic)

Started by Dashenka, August 06, 2014, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashenka

Sorry for the wait guys. I'm home. Posting character sheet today or tomorrow. Hope at least some of you are still interested.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Apple of Eris

I'm intrigued as well.

Nymph: Maybe I could be your character's niece or younger sister from Los Angeles who is visiting when the dome drops?
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

eiselmann

Yeap still interested

Gravitating to playing 18 year old high school student...blessed with curiosity.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Nymphadora

Quote from: Apple of Eris on August 24, 2014, 04:41:19 PM
I'm intrigued as well.

Nymph: Maybe I could be your character's niece or younger sister from Los Angeles who is visiting when the dome drops?

That's cool, could be you are also creeped out by the mountain man from The Hanged Man
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

MagicalPen

I'm probably going to jump in as Nymphs Brother on the family-run farm. We're discussing some things right now too.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Nymphadora on August 24, 2014, 05:24:45 PM
That's cool, could be you are also creeped out by the mountain man from The Hanged Man
Hehehe.  >:)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Rel Mayer

I'm still interested, but wondering what exact character I'm going to play.

Nymphadora

So the discussions with Magical Pen are so far that he and I are bro and sis, possibly twins, Apple could be our little sister in visiting the family farm. And there is the mountain man who sometimes helps big bro around the farm and we trade meat for veg...

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Apple of Eris

That would work for me. What age range are you going for your chars, so I can adjust mine to be reasonable. :)
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Nymphadora

We hadn't really talked about that part but I figured mid twenties on my own.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

TheHangedOne

I'm probably going to be putting my character in the mid twenties to early thirties.
Check out my poet tree!

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Apple of Eris

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Nymphadora

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

auroraChloe

i'm curious about this game.  unless you're full up, i have a tentative interest in my character running a motel or B&B.  though i saw 'hotel' mentioned in an early post as well. 

a/a 8/21/17

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Prince Truhan

Dashenka

Alright so here we go. First of all thank you all for your patience.

Secondly I'd like to mention this again, this game is based on, not a copy, of Under the Dome. The problems the people face will probably be similar but the reason why the dome is there or how the dome behaves might differ from the book or the tv show. Why? Mostly because I haven't seen everything yet nor did I read the book. But also because I am not going to copy a book by the Master himself. That would be heresy.

You have already planned on some characters, that is good. I want them to be somehow connected so we can run one or two story lines in the game without people being left out. You are free to have your character have secrets, big or small, in fact it would be very nice to have a lot of interesting characters but keep it realistic. I don't mind one or two characters plotting something big but if everybody has plans and secrets to take over the world, that would be too much no? When in doubt, send me a PM with your plans and we'll take it from there.

What the dome is, does and why it's there will become clear through the game. The characters (and the players as well) will be kept guessing what is going on. The game will start with the dome being in place already and people slowly realizing they are trapped. More about that in the opening post.

So about the town. Glenwood Springs is roughly halfway between Denver, Colorado and the Utah border. The dome has cut the city off roughly like this. It's roughly 10 by 10 km. Plenty of space.

Characters then. Few things I really want:
- A picture of a real human being. Can be nude, sexy, anything, as long as it's a real human being. No neko, anthro, hentai or anime.
- A creative character. As a GM I will lead the game but you are still required to be able to play out your own character.
- Stick to Elliquiy roles. No minors.

Bit of an explanation about the sheet then. It's pretty straightforward really. The address is something I added just for visuals. Pick an address from the map in the above link. If you are shop keeper or hotel or whatever, add that location as well.

The connection could be anything, sister, brother, neighbour, colleague, good friend, secret crush, anything. Be creative but don't be invasive. Last but not least, the question if your character can die. Don't be alarmed, even if you say yes, the chances of it happening are small, I just want to know if you are willing to sacrifice your character for the good of the game. You are obviously allowed to create a new character or even play two characters from the start on.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b]
[b]Address:[/b]
[b]Connected to:[/b]
[b]About:[/b]
[b]Can die:[/b]

Depending on the number of players, I might need some help in leading the game. If you are up for that, let me know and I will let you in on the secrets of the dome :)

That's that for now I guess. If you have questions, feel free to ask and get creative with your characters. Post them here please, not in my PM.

So last I have a question for you all regarding myself. Obviously you can all play characters that are blissfully ignorant about the dome since you are as well. I'm tempted to play a character myself but obviously I know what's going to happen. So question, should I play a character as well or stick to being a GM?

Hope to see some good creative characters.

eiselmann

I had planned on playing my guy with his family on the other side of the dome...so for connections he'll be reliant on non family or extended family so with that in mind I offer

One 18 year old male with a lot of curiosity about the dome but otherwise a good kid for any character who would like

...a boyfriend , be the object of a crush, or you could be a cousin, an aunt, a teacher, a best friends mum , the milf next door ,the milf next door with her boring husband on the other side of the dome and suddenly the 18 year old next door is looking good or ex babysitter in need of a place to stay and knows a kid she can twist around her finger for a price .
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Nymphadora

Dashenka, do you want sheets sent to you first or just posted here?

Through some discussions, there are 4 of us present sheets that have planned connections already. 3 Siblings and a mountain man hehe
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Dashenka

Post a sheet here Nympha, edit them here if needed :)

eiselmann, just post your character here. If there is no connection yet, leave it open and we'll work on it later on. You could just be a passer by when stuff happens. That could be your connection if we can't work out anything else.

TheHangedOne

I think that if you feel capable of it, and want to, then you should play a character, Dashenka. I know I won't instantly acknowledge said character as being meta-aware. I've GMed games before where I've played a character... and they were wrong half the time (for good reasons).

Name: Edgar Lamont
Nationality: American/Irish and French Canadian descent
Job: Self made man/hunter-forager
Address: N/A, lives in the hills
Connected to:
About: Edgar grew up in Glenwood Springs. His father was a hunter, and most summers, the family went into a cabin built in the mountains to get away from the "rat race", and enjoy nature and its bounties.  Almost all of his fishing, tracking, trapping, foraging, and other bushcraft skills come from his father, Edward (Eddie), who was, in turn, taught those things by his grandfather, Frederick (Freddie).

Freddie died from lung cancer when Edgar was only 10. Eddie died when Edgar was 18, killed when he got drunk and got behind the wheel. In the same year, his highschool sweetheart got killed in an unrelated car accident. His response to the trauma of losing two people that mattered so deeply to him was to isolate himself. He dropped out of highschool, just months away from graduation, packed up some of his things, and left. He went to the family cabin, and he just chose to stay out there, as a hermit.

Even after all these years, he's refused to enter into society again. He's picked up additional skills for mending his clothes and the like, cooking, making his own medicines from herbs and the like.  What he can't make or get on his own, he typically trades things to other people for.

In his possession of weapons are a .22 hunting rifle (scoped), a 12 gauge double barreled over-under shotgun, and a crossbow with scope. He typically trades for ammunition, though he's learned to fletch his own wooden bolts.

He has a smoke house, as well as a still, and some books and know how on how to make booze.  So when it comes to trading, he 'sells' meat (smoked or raw), freshly gathered herbs, nuts, and berries, raw animal pelts and skins (only on request), and his home-brewed fruit wines. His typical trade partners include farmers, and other outdoors-man types.   
Can die: Yes
Check out my poet tree!