Freeport Thieves Guild (interest check)

Started by elfguy, July 05, 2010, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

Freeport is a very busy city on the coast of the Great Sea. Thousands of people live there, and even more come to do business in its streets and markets. Because of its prime location, it's used by merchants traveling from both land and sea to conduct business, and transport goods. In Freeport, one can find anything they need. Silk, wood, stones, exotic drinks, weapons, armor, slaves. Its busy markets have goods from all corners of the realm.

While the city naturally has many petty thugs, the biggest problem for the City Guard is the Freeport Thieves Guild. The secret organization is as old as the city itself, and only the best, most cunning thieves are admitted. Meetings go on in its secret lair, a series of underground tunnels connecting the various districts together, and the guild members follow a code of conduct. Everyone is fair game to rob, except other guild members. The members are free to do as they please for the most part, but must obey the rules set forth by the current leaders. A 20% fee is taxed on any currency such as gold pieces stolen, which goes to the guild coffers, to pay for bribes and other expenses.

Recently however, the City Guard has been cracking down hard, and managed to infiltrate many of the gathering locations. Contact has been broken between the various cells of the Guild, with some believing that the leaders have all been killed or arrested. Some thieves decided to break contact and go on their own, others want to try and reorganize the guild, while some want to take this opportunity to raise in power. Troubled times are ahead.

So this would be an RP focusing on the Freeport Thieves Guild, in a typical fantasy setting with elves, magic and so on. We'd play thieves, and it's up to us to find out what to do in this current situation. Ideally we'd all play thieves, although I'm open to other character types if its warranted.

Appearance: (picture if at all possible)

Name:

Race:

Equipment:

Bio:

Limits: (what you don't want to happen to your character)
----

elfguy

Appearance:

Name: Valerie

Race: Human

Equipment: What's shown in the picture

Bio:
Valerie is an orphan. Raised by a Noble family, amongst many other children, she was mistreated, beaten, and abused countless times. She fled her home as soon as she was old enough to take care of herself, came to Freeport and started her life of crime. She quickly learned how to steal what she needed, and worked for local thugs whenever she could, usually being abused almost nightly, treated worse than dirt.

But then, as experience set in, she went on her own and started doing contracts for the Thieves Guild. Slowly, as her skills became apparent, she came to be feared in many of the lower districts of the city, and the jerks who used to think they owned her suddenly started avoiding her in fear. They were the ones who forced her to put nipple rings, to humiliate her. Now, she exposed them for all to see as a reminder of her past. She loved her new found reverence, and loved how easy it was for her to kill, steal, and do what she wanted in the city, especially when her target was a Noble. For her it was as much for the money as revenge for what she had suffered as a child.

While she is one of the youngest in the guild, she is already very experienced, having started as a child, and has no trouble making her place whenever needed.

Limits: Death, loss of limbs
----

Koyume

I might be up for this one. You mentioned that all the characters should be thieves, but does that preclude them from having other abilities as well? I'm thinking that if I play, I might be something like a young, adopted daughter of some noble house who's a bit wet behind the ears as a thief but shows immense raw potential and has an innate talent for magic which she often employs in subtle ways during her heists; in d&d terms, something like a multiclass rogue/sorcerer, probably human.

Koyume

Also I suppose I should ask: this roleplay is going to involve non-consensual scenarios right?

Keelan

Quote from: Koyume on July 05, 2010, 06:04:49 PM
Also I suppose I should ask: this roleplay is going to involve non-consensual scenarios right?
I second this question; it will determine whether I'd like to take part or not

elfguy

Yes a mage thief combo could work to an extent. But thieves operate in the shadows so it would need to stay mostly hidden, if she does explosions and other magical displays that could be a problem. As for the plot it's basically whatever route you think is best to reestablish the guild. I would assume most thieves are dominant, and I certainly will play mine that way. One could try to force others to go his or her way. Although it's of course always possible that one could become sub to another thief.
----

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Appearance:

Name: Sai Evros

Race: Evrosthian. Part of the Snake Clan Branch. ( Basic Immortal in time standard human with genetic evolutionary enhancements of Snakes.)

Equipment: Rapier, Snake Sword, Lock picks, Shroud of shadows.

Bio: Sai Evros, Has come to this place when the rift of time hit his plane, and sent him through time. Since he was seperated at his family at twelve, he has come to this city in look for clues or atleast a way to survive, then the wilds he was living in until a few years ago. Has joined the guild as a recruit to the enterprise, for his certain skills of escape and interrogation methods. Skilled in escape and entering of the tightest spaces and spots. Can fight, but uses his charm at times to talk his way out of it. Perhaps his eyes holding a snakes slit pupils and intent, but few argue with him and he can talk his way into others helping him. Charm is a slight help, but he rarely uses it as to hone his agility and other skills.

Trained in sword play by his adopted father, in the wilds. Hunting and foraging for food has kept him well feed and his theivery skills honed. Sai is here looking for his spot and a chance to test himself.

Limits: Death

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

LimitlessNikkie

Appearance:

Name:Ash

Race: Elf

Equipment: 2 throwing daggers, 1 standard dagger, and a rapier.

Bio: Grew up in a fmaily closly alied with the guild so she's known no other life. Trained since very young she's a nateral. she enjoys living outside societys rules in every form. she cares about herslef and hre guild family but to her way of thinking the rest of the world can go to hell. She's never know any other way of life but to have a life of crime the idea of erning an honest living sounds down right stupid to her. Why work twice as hard for half the reward? She was trained as an assasin around the time she was turning 15 because her mother was one and she wanted her little girl to follow in her foot steps. Ash learned the skills but didn't care for it as much since most of the time it was a job you did from a distance. She excelled at pick pocketing and loved doing it.

When things started falling apart her parents disappeared.She blamed the city guards and for the first time felt real hatred for the city and it's established rules.

Limits: death dismemberment.

PeacethatPowerbrings

Appearance:

Name: Keryn

Equipment: A pair of long-chained kusarigama (a small scythe-like blade and handle on a chain) Various knives. Heavy black iron armor, with leather joints. Dark black long cloak.

Bio: Keryn was not trained as a thief, but instead as an assassin. However, where she was trained, far to the east of free-port, the two professions were nearly identical. She is extremely stealthy, but also extremely deadly. She possesses few of the skills that other theives thrive on, being unable to pick locks with any great efficiency, or even pick pockets.

Keryn wears heavy black iron armor underneath her dark cloak. It is extremely strong, and, thanks to its leather jointing, and her cloak, she remains extremely silent. Her favoured weapons are her chained blades, using them to attack from the shadows.

Keryn was not born in Freeport, but joined the theives guild shortly after arriving. She protrays herself in two vastly different ways, using her natural beauty at some times, and her true skills at others.

Keryn's past is mostly unknown, and she doesn't speak of it. Her past since coming to Freeport, however, is bloody and scandalous, as well as profitable. Given the unrest in the theives guild, her actions are unpredictable. She is well known to have her own agenda, but how that figures into the chaotic nature of the leadership in the theives guild, is unknowable at the moment.

Limits: Death and Permanent Injury (unless pre-arranged, of course)
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

elfguy

Sweet! And here I thought she chases her preys looking like that ;)
----

PeacethatPowerbrings

Well, she might, depends on when she decides to kill someone. Heh.

Damnedangel

Appearance:

Name: Lexi

Equipment: Lockpicking set, Hidden dagger that attaches to her right wrist (Think assassins creed for that), a katana.

Bio:
Lexi grew up in a wealthy family, her father being the head of the guard and close to all the nobles she saw him as a perfect man not noticing anything wrong. She grew up not seeing what other people we're suffering but as she got older she learnt her family were keeping secrets. She became friends with a thief that her father had locked up, he taught her to pick locks, fight, defend herself and blend into the shadows if people we're looking for her, in return she set the thief free.

When she turned 16 she broke into her fathers room and picked locks learning that her father was a crook and got paid to arrest and even kill people. She stole all his money and ran, the guards were sent after but she managed to escape. She made it to the thieves guild and begged them to accept her, they only accepted her when the thief she set free told them what she did but he didn't say she was the head guards daughter so since then has been living there.

But the guards infiltrated one area of the guild where she was so she left for another, none of the members in the guild know about her past, and if they bring it up she just laughs and lies saying she doesn't remember her past because she fears if they find out they will blame her for all the problems that have been happening to the guild because of the guards.

Limits: Death, Loss of limbs.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

elfguy

Sweet! Altho the electronic guitar would have to be out :P
----

Damnedangel

Haha yeah. I just like the look of the girl  :D
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

elfguy

Hoping to get a few more then start this probably tomorrow.
----

elfguy

----

elfguy

Btw I hope those who haven't posted yet will be able to join the group at one of the safe houses. We should have around 6 people, more if others join.
----

PeacethatPowerbrings

We really do need everyone who wants to join in to do so as soon as they can, it would be a shame for the RP to lose momentum, and once they leave the meeting spots, it'll be tougher to just pull someone into it, given that the whole point is for them to be impossible to locate.

hentaigirl

Hi, im planning on joining this Roleplay as a market pickpocket/thief. is that okay?

Name: Desini

Race: Half-breed, Elf-Human

Equipment: Dagger hidden in her garter, Sharp pins used to keep her hair up.

Bio: Desini was born to a poor family,with no land of their own.
Everyone in her family did their part to earn money, apart from desini, who was to lasy to do work.
this however made her parents angery, and they threw her out, and never saw her again.
Being a street urchin, there was only one with for her to do. Thief. after some time, she was quite good at it,
and was a top thief in the general market. she has been content with this easy life, and does not look for power or glory.

elfguy

Sure! Feel free to join one of the safe houses.
----

hentaigirl

great! btw, it would be great if i could have a pointer to whats happening, or maybe a hint on what i should do. thanks.

elfguy

We have people at 3 safe houses.. the commons, slums and noble districts.. my girl is at commons. We are waiting a day for survivors of the guild. The city Guard has been cracking down on things and we lost all contact with the leadership of the guild.
----

hentaigirl

ah. Desi is just a market pickpocket though, im not sure if shes important enough for the guild.

elfguy

Well the whole plot of the RP is surrounding the state of the Freeport Thieves Guild. Im not sure how much interacting you could do outside. Maybe a recent recruit?
----

hentaigirl