News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gantz (Recruiting!!!)

Started by Elias, June 21, 2012, 04:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

"Welcome to the Toronto Ontario game of Gantz, I am your host Gantz. Ha Ha Ha. You have died, you are dead Your lives are over, you bastards. What you do with your new lives is for me to decide. So there you have it."

"Here are the rules."

Across the black orb appears a list of rules for the players of Gantz.

1) Try not to die
2) Kill as many targets as you can before the time runs out.
3) Get points

OOC:

Wow so you're still here, wonderful!

This game is what I am going to call extremely unique in the sense that the game does not revolve around our characters, but Gantz is what matters, your characters will exist within it and if your character survives long enough it will become something important within the world alongside the entity that is Gantz.

Now for all you people who dont recognize the title, I expect that will be the majority of you Gantz is a game; a giant black ball plucks you out of the world as you die at a random interval of Gantz's choosing as long as you're not about to die of old age Gantz upon the death of your body creates you a new one, every major city has a Gantz, so he only plucks people out of that particular city.

Here is the important part, most characters will consistently die. Humans completely clueless are expected to grab weapons suit up and fight aliens for the amusement of Gantz and whoever controls Gantz. There is an underlying more important role but your charries probably wont live long enough to witness that.

this is a game where I am hoping death for the pcs becomes a fact of life and those who do make it through more than 3 rounds of Gantz can be really proud of it.

Elias

Characters

You can create between 1-3 characters, please expect your charries to die, I want to write out deaths and destruction and general craziness. I will be working out as an ST how it will be done, but it will involve dice so that its completely fair for everyone and your choices have a very direct impact on making it.

I dont want a bio, I want the character to involve after the events of Gantz and I dont want players to write up extensive bios when they could lose the character.

[u]Character sheet[/u]
(Picture)

Name:
Skills: (List three natural talents)
Personality: (Keep to one paragraph)

Elias

Storyline

Your character(s) dies at 3 AM (You may rp the moments before your death) As your body dies instead of moving on you are suddenly transported to a small apartment filled with all the other characters playing, none of you know what is going on or how exactly you ended up here all you know is that you cannot get out you are locked inside and a giant black ball made of a strange metal you have never seen is opening up.

Acid Lips

Character sheet

Name: Mikoto Mishida
Sex: Female
Skills: Running, Extremely Smart, Sports
Personality: She is a very cheerful woman, she loves to just have fun and be silly with people she cares about. The other people she can come up as very shy and reserved going even cute. She always tries to rationalize everything that happens to her.  She is the type of person that can keep a secret even if her life is in danger, in her mind a secret its a very important thing that she needs to protect.

Elias

Acid Lips

Jebble212

Character sheet

Name: Benson Thatcher
Sex: Male
Skills:  Mathmatics, aim, driving
Personality: Extremely cynical, spends most time complaining, or eating.

Elias

Elias

Character sheet

Name: Vinny
Skills: Mafia boss, golfer, former enforcer
Personality: Vinny is known to have a temper, quick to start fights and back before he took over was known to enjoy killing, now hes cleaned up his image a little bit.

Elias

Character sheet

Name: "Ravin" Ricky
Skills: Partier, chemistry student, Dirt bike racer
Personality: Ricky is a hard and fast partier, he loves drugs, easy women and a good time. Life has always been good to Ricky and hes happy go lucky.

Elias

I will be putting up an IC and OOC thread sometime tonight or tomarrow morning so keep an eye and bring more people!

SinXAzgard21

I have to put my hat into this one as I've read a majority of the manga and saw the anime.... Is it going to be free form or system?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Elias

For you freeform, for me system. :P Basically the choices you make all lead to a single roll to decide whether you die or not in each Gantz mission adventure, the system is incredibly simple when I know whether your charry lives or dies ill PM you and you rp it as you like to that point, I need the players to be willing to accept the fates of their charries I am hoping from that eventually we will get a hardcore crew together and create a really unique game here on Ell.

SinXAzgard21

Well if we can make another character after the first one bites the dust that would be awesome.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Elias

Thats the idea, you can make more charries after the initial one/s

Elias

Saria

Character sheet

Name: Ashleigh Sakota
Sex: Female
Skills: Insightful, very quick thinker, mentally resilient.
Personality: Arrogant and selfish, suspicious and disdainful of anyone and everything else, mouthy and rude.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Elias

GREAT! Join us in the OOC I am making the IC tonight

Elias

Elias

Elias

Added Feature

If you play at least one normal/average character through at least two rounds of Gantz (Or play 2 characters who live through one round each) I will allow you to create a psychic or advanced martial artist. I will expect a more explained bio since none of those powers just spring on someone. However I need to see some very serious flaws in the powers to allow it.

For instance a telepath can easily lose concentration hear everyone and be left unconscious.
A pyrokinetic can only set one "target" aflame but it takes a great deal of concentration and if he loses that he sets himself on fire instead.

those are just a few examples.

Fetwick

I used to dig Gantz actually. You still looking for new players? If so do you have a summary of what has happened so far so I don't seem to be copying anyone.

Elias

We have just started the first "game" we have 5 characters all of them are posted above. I have designed it so that feeling of violent random death is prevelant, so its more about the experiance of gantz than the importance of the characters. I want charries to start out one dimensional, overly normal/boring working stiffs and Gantz shaping (Or killing) them becoming the center of their world.

Fetwick

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Are you intending for the rounds to last for a set time? Rr when it's during a game, should people have pretended to be playing along the whole time? I say this becuase of abscenses and newcomers (Like myself) who are joining mid game when there's that crucial time to suit up/get weapons before a game starts.

Elias

You know what??? For future reference I should always make sure it appears like there is more people in the room than the players so that others can arrive mid-game. I will talk to the people currently playing and ask them if they are OK with acting like you have been with them unless you would rather join during the real world scenes and we can just kill you so you can join the next Gantz game. Whatever you prefer?

Saria

I'm cool with pretending other characters were there all along.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Fetwick

I'll join in the next real world scene, so I can observe how the fights and choices go. But I love the concept of this drop in/out play. Say something comes up and I'm busy for a while, I can just die and create someone else later on. Shoot me a PM for when its time for the next real world. I'll keep an eye out too though.

Elias