AHS: Coven Reborn (LGBT+ Friendly)(Reboot - Recruiting Instructors)

Started by Jag, December 01, 2018, 05:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Jag on December 02, 2018, 08:37:50 PM
Oh, and I forgot to answer the character limit thing...I'm going to start with two. I'll update that in the first post. I didn't think about that at first.

No worries! Sorry for all the questions. ;D
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

JessLowell12

Ooooh Persephone you would play Misty so well. I can so see you playing her. I also have a soft spot for Misty Day.

Would it be bad if I wanted to play Stevie? Hehe, the real White Witch.

persephone325

Quote from: JessLowell12 on December 02, 2018, 09:56:34 PM
Ooooh Persephone you would play Misty so well. I can so see you playing her. I also have a soft spot for Misty Day.

*blush* Well thank you! Now I have to make sure I play her right! ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

JessLowell12

Quote from: persephone325 on December 02, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
*blush* Well thank you! Now I have to make sure I play her right! ^^

You got this. I am not worried at all!

Orange Marmalade

First day back after a long break and I see something interesting with a few familiar faces. Poking through some of the writeups but this looks pretty intriguing :)

persephone325

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on December 02, 2018, 11:49:01 PM
First day back after a long break and I see something interesting with a few familiar faces. Poking through some of the writeups but this looks pretty intriguing :)

I know you... :P Hope things have been good for you. ^^
I don't know.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: persephone325 on December 02, 2018, 11:57:30 PM
I know you... :P Hope things have been good for you. ^^

They have! They were super nuts for a while but have calmed down :) I moved, and have an amazing new job, all is good!

persephone325

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on December 02, 2018, 11:59:45 PM
They have! They were super nuts for a while but have calmed down :) I moved, and have an amazing new job, all is good!

Yay! That's great to hear. ;D Send some of that good luck my way! lol
I don't know.

TheOneWhoWatches

Twisted iN Tux

Oh, boy! Here cums trouble! *clings to*

Jag

Quote from: JessLowell12 on December 02, 2018, 09:56:34 PM

I think you could do her. Or if you're worried about playing a rl person, you can model an oc around her.

Happy to see you! Look forward to seeing it you join us.

Quote from: TheOneWhoWatches on December 03, 2018, 02:14:47 AM
is this still an on going recruitment?

Yes it is. Just started accepting character sheets last night. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Vael the Destroyer

I'm quite curious: if one was to possess the ability of aerokinesis, would that grant them the ability to levitate?

Jag

Quote from: Symphonic on December 03, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
I'm quite curious: if one was to possess the ability of aerokinesis, would that grant them the ability to levitate?

AHS Wiki has Levitation listed as a form of telekinesis. Which is similar to Jean Grey's ability to fly in the X-Men. This means it's a power of the mind and not the surrounding elements.

Those who choose Telekinesis, but not Levitation will have the option of upgrading in the future. Given that I am putting my own spin on things, I will also allow those who choose Aerokinesis, but not Levitation the same option to upgrade.  But to start with, you will not have the option to pick one and assume they can do the other without having selected it as one of your starting abilities. If you choose Aerokinesis and not Levitation, your character has the option to be training for it, but not able to actually do it yet.

I haven't 100% worked it out yet, but I am going to be implementing a system for power ascension. It's going to involve mini-event scenes and the dice bot. ^^

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Jag on December 03, 2018, 02:40:24 PM
AHS Wiki has Levitation listed as a form of telekinesis. Which is similar to Jean Grey's ability to fly in the X-Men. This means it's a power of the mind and not the surrounding elements.

Those who choose Telekinesis, but not Levitation will have the option of upgrading in the future. Given that I am putting my own spin on things, I will also allow those who choose Aerokinesis, but not Levitation the same option to upgrade.  But to start with, you will not have the option to pick one and assume they can do the other without having selected it as one of your starting abilities. If you choose Aerokinesis and not Levitation, your character has the option to be training for it, but not able to actually do it yet.

I haven't 100% worked it out yet, but I am going to be implementing a system for power ascension. It's going to involve mini-event scenes and the dice bot. ^^

Ooh! This all sounds wonderful and enticing! Thank you so much for the info. I shall be getting to work on my character sheet here soon and sending it in. :3

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Jag

Quote from: Symphonic on December 03, 2018, 02:55:39 PM
Ooh! This all sounds wonderful and enticing! Thank you so much for the info. I shall be getting to work on my character sheet here soon and sending it in. :3

Looking forward to it!

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on December 03, 2018, 05:39:59 PM
*Peeks in*

*sticks Luna in their web*

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Jag on December 03, 2018, 05:41:41 PM
Looking forward to it!

*sticks Luna in their web*

*Wriggles happily* Like I haven't watched Coven >.> Buuuuut I could be interested. I'll have to play someone who's clueless to fit in XD
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Jag

That can work. It is basically a modern witchcraft school. Witches and warlocks are publicly known. If they are clueless on the magical world, they would best fit as a new student character.

persephone325

Here comes Sephie with another question.

Misty has a bunch of powers, should she have them all? Or should I stick with the limitations you have listed? If so, I was thinking of just sticking with her power of Resurgence (a restricted power), since that's pretty much what she is known for in the canon universe - if I'm not mistaken.
I don't know.

Jag

I would stick with her Resurgence and her Potioncraft/Spellcraft since those are her most properly used. She, like everyone else, will have the option to advance. ^^

Twisted iN Tux

According to the AHS Wiki she only ever truly mastered four of the seven wonders. Just a fun fact to keep in mind! ;D

Jag

Which is true, but she does also comment in Apocalypse that she felt her time in Hell diminished her a bit. That she was out of sorts and disconnected from her powers in a small way. So I think it can be worked with that when she's brought back that she is a few steps behind her sisters from the original group and having to relearn a little.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Jag on December 03, 2018, 06:08:43 PM
Which is true, but she does also comment in Apocalypse that she felt her time in Hell diminished her a bit. That she was out of sorts and disconnected from her powers in a small way. So I think it can be worked with that when she's brought back that she is a few steps behind her sisters from the original group and having to relearn a little.

Very true and very logical. Makes perfect sense.

persephone325

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on December 03, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
According to the AHS Wiki she only ever truly mastered four of the seven wonders. Just a fun fact to keep in mind! ;D

Oh, I know. <3 But I felt like Resurgence was what she was known for. She died like 3 times, and was basically like "Death can't keep me, bitches!" lol

Quote from: Jag on December 03, 2018, 06:02:25 PM
I would stick with her Resurgence and her Potioncraft/Spellcraft since those are her most properly used. She, like everyone else, will have the option to advance. ^^

That's what I was thinking of doing. ^^ I just wanted to double check. <3
I don't know.

Jag

Have gotten some awesome character sheets so far!

Will be responding to them as I can, work is crazy this week. First week of the month is always the hardest and I don't get an actual day off until Saturday (because I'm a glutton for punishment and let them work me to death), making this a six day work week for me.