Realm Forging - An evil pathfinder kingdom builder game

Started by LisztesFerenc, November 26, 2018, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

A game of mine is just starting with a party of 4 due to some early dropouts, and so I am looking for 1 or 2 more players.

For character creation then:

Stats: Point buy 15
Starting level: 2
Hitpoints: Max at first level, half+1 for subsequent levels.
Races: Any official race, but nothing too crazy like the drow nobles.
Class: All PF classes except the arcanist. Ask me for third party or homebrewed material, but I probably won't allow Path of War.
Traits: Each character may take up to 2 traits and 1 drawback. You cannot take a second drawbacks for an extra trait.

For back story: Most of the character know each other before hand, having been kidnapped by a mysterious figure known only as the Dark Seeress, who after testing them (and apologizing for the whole kidnapping thing), informed them of the opportunity to build a new realm, and gifted them a wealth of resources (some of them with interest) to establish their first settlement. What she wants in return for this aid is unclear at this stage, but time will no doubt tell.

I would like at least one of the new players to have been part of this kidnapped group, preferably both.

Also, houserules I include in almost every game I run, and are more of a fluff thing:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
  Coins: The currencies of the land are silver, bronze and copper. This is because I feel gold should be special, and not a metal used in every day transactions. This does not effect wealth and prices, the book cost of things are adjusted accordingly. For example a dagger costs 2 silver pieces, a +2 longsword sword 8,315 silver pieces and a dart costs 5 bronze pieces.

Languages: Common does not exist, in its place is Trade. As the name implies it is used by traders, and can cover general conversation. What it does not do well is elaborate word play or convey precise, non-trade related information. Diplomacy and elaborate bluff attempts (such as “We represent the royal guard of the crown, “ as oppose to “It wasn't us, we're innocent,”) take a -4 penalty when done in Trade. Furthermore, attempting to convey non-trade related information quickly can be tricky. During combat and other rushed scenarios, a DC: 10 Linguistics check must be made to relay information in Trade (“It has high spell resistance,” “Ignore the archers, I'll deal with them,” “Aim between the 4th and 5th rib, its a weak spot”). If the check is a failure, you can choose to either give up, or instead convey the information as a move action (making success  automatic).
  Katari replaces Common as the human language. Everyone can swap Common for Trade, Katari, or any other language a high intelligence modifier would give them access to.

For the kingdom:

Below is the Unclaimed Land. After kept uninhabited (ignore the settlements on the map, they aren't actually there) by the neighbouring Kingdom of Amarut and the Fexen Dominion, they are now allowing the strong and the daring to carve out some land of their own, and both powers have pledged to acknowledge the titles of those who manage to secure a claim. This aspect of the game will use the Build Point system among other rules, origionally from the Kingmaker PF module.

Red Cross - Where the PCs will start (though they may switch to the ruins above the marsh, 3 hexes away). They are heading out with 24 BP, 17 labourers, a war chest of 10,000 silver pieces (see house rules), and a band of 32 mercenaries, and some not insignificant debt, but no need to worry about that until 6 months or so.

However there are other who would . In the initial stages of the game, worldwide diplomacy will not be that important, as the focus will be on the Unclaimed Lands as four factions fight to claim as much as possible.

Green Cross - "The Elf Brigade", for lack of a better name. A group of four elves, dressed in studded leather save for one who wears rough, brown cloth, leading a war band of 20 or so elven foresters. Unsurprisingly they are seeking to gain control of the wooded area, hoping to use some ruins as a base.

Purple Cross - The Fangs of Nethys. A trio of devoted members of the God of Magic's church, all armoured and bristling with weapons, they lead a small pack of acolytes seeking to establish a temple and then expand from there.

Brown Cross - Mott Irregulars - A fellow band of 6 adventurers and a rather eclectic bunch at that. Their name comes from the fact that they claim to all have met in a tavern in Mott one fateful night, and their groups consists of a red skinned woman, a ratman, a human woman wearing goggles of dark volcanic glass, a pale human man, an elven woman and a dwarf woman.

If you are interested, PM me a character concept, or post it here, along with any questions you may have.

Chulanowa

I'm in; will need some character stew time. so am I reading it right that this is basically a hybrid hex crawl / battle Royale?

Also, explain the "evil" part of the concept? Do characters need to be explicitly evil in alignment? And what are you looking for there? Aere we just self-interested ruffians, or is it the whole "MWAHAHAHA I'M AM EVIL SUCCUBUS NECROMANCER END GAME VILLAIN FEAR MEEEE!" stuff?  XD

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 26, 2018, 10:22:16 PM
I'm in; will need some character stew time. so am I reading it right that this is basically a hybrid hex crawl / battle Royale?

At first yes, with the game opening up to larger politics later with the players, and possible another surviving faction. Basically:

Phase 1: Fight monsters, tame the land, build, establish a revenue.

Phase 2: Fight with the other factions trying to claim their own realm in the Unclaimed Lands, push the borders out, grow by all means.

Phase 3: Enter the game of politics and trade with the more established nations.

With some possible upsets in world events, who knows? And its possible phase 2 and 3 could blur together a little, depending on how exactly the game unfolds.

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 26, 2018, 10:22:16 PMAlso, explain the "evil" part of the concept? Do characters need to be explicitly evil in alignment? And what are you looking for there? Aere we just self-interested ruffians, or is it the whole "MWAHAHAHA I'M AM EVIL SUCCUBUS NECROMANCER END GAME VILLAIN FEAR MEEEE!" stuff?  XD

Probably between those two, though closer to the first. The nation being made likely won't be winning any humanatarian awards (or maybe it will, they're a really good cover for evil people) and there is a devil-worshipper and an undead among the party.

VonDoom

Sounds interesting. Could you provide some information on the party as it currently exists? What kind of characters are already involved?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

TheHangedOne

So far, we're all varying shades of Evil. We have an undead fighter with grand ambitions of being a king, a Tiefling Flagellant who worships the Whore Queen Eiseth (just don't call her a whore in front of him, even if that's the official, canonical term), A druid follower of Lamashtu who wants to make monsters, and an Aasimar rogue who, if I'm not mistaken, wants to bring back her disgraced(?) family, and give them a "proper" place. 2 Lawful Evil, 2 Neutral Evil. I think that pretty much sums up the party at present (though if I was wrong at any point, please correct me).
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Yes that is correct, though the undead fighter is a gish. I don't require new players to tailor their class selection to the existing party's, but if you were to, a full arcane caster is currently missing from the line-up.

Ryu Wojin

I like this concept and I have a suggestion to ask. If I was to make a character who I'd like to take to Lichdom later down the line, could I do a more... Fleshy kind of lich who still can have pleasures of the flesh?

I would probably make an Oracle aasimar or perhaps a class from spheres of power?

Also I am curious as to where you intend to take the more sexual adventures of this. Exotic, NC, etc. Etc.? Me personally, I'd want to avoid NC.

Waldham

Hello
What is the frequency of the posts ?

What do you authorize about the sexuality in your game ? And also about the gender.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on November 28, 2018, 06:20:01 AMI like this concept and I have a suggestion to ask. If I was to make a character who I'd like to take to Lichdom later down the line, could I do a more... Fleshy kind of lich who still can have pleasures of the flesh?

I would probably make an Oracle aasimar or perhaps a class from spheres of power?

Also I am curious as to where you intend to take the more sexual adventures of this. Exotic, NC, etc. Etc.? Me personally, I'd want to avoid NC.

A more fleshy lich or undead in general could certainly be worked out. Oracle is good and whilst I've don't have much expirience with Spheres of Power, if you walk me through how you made the character I can check it out and will allow it assuming the material works with the standard classes, which I imagine it was designed to.

The game is extreme, just to leave options open. NC will certainly be of an interest to other party members, but your character wouldn't need to participate in such scenes. There is a seperate smut thread, and if neccissary that could further be broken down into C and NC.

Quote from: Waldham on November 28, 2018, 08:18:53 AMHello
What is the frequency of the posts ?

What do you authorize about the sexuality in your game ? And also about the gender.

Hard to tell on frequency, since the game only just started. The game is currently in extreme, and whilst I can't speak for the other characters, I don't mind what gender your characters is and intend to have NPCs of all gender and orientations as part of the game.

Ryu Wojin

Very well. If you'll have me. My concept is an aasimar oracle. A female seductive/intimidating type. I will research into spberes and get back to you on it.

In my circle, we've done path of war. And spheres is definately a few steps down in power compared to path of war. If thats what you're concerned with. I will look into it and tell ya.

Character will be done when I get home. Making a level 2 is very easy. And the concept and background will be pm'd to you.

Waldham

How many gold to start for the equipment ?

If the character kidnapped, do the character begin the story without equipment ?

LisztesFerenc

Standard starting gold for characters (well, silver, see cosmetic house rule on currencies). Even if your character was kidnapped, that was just to test them as a group with the others, their stuff wasn't taken away. The kidnap stroy was actually chosen by the players, since I said i wanted them to share something in their backstory that tied them together.

Petrus02

would a ghost be okay for this? Asuming you are still looking for players that is. I'd be interested in a playing a ghost with the Malevolence (Su) special attack
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/templates/ghost

The Ghost of the last decendent of an ancient noble family, passed away before he or she could produce a heir. Now he/she is anchored to the material plane by the desire to continue the family line, seeking some "host", a minor relative maybe to possess and either impregnate or get impregnated, then claim new teritorry for the house, as the ancient land of his/her family was taken from them upon his/her death.

I could see any class, just as needed by the group, and seeing as an arcane caster is lacking, i could make one out of this? Wizard or sorc i could make any

Ryu Wojin

Would be nice to know who's in since you were only looking for 2?

LisztesFerenc

I'd like to wait off deciding until I have some more fleshed out character concepts to choose from.

PlushLifeNow

This looks like fun, I'd like to try my luck at getting in on this. Before I propose a character, how okay is your group with non-sexual gore?

TheHangedOne

I think if it's just the generic 'I rip out the guy's heart', or 'there's a pile of bodies over there, still fresh', it's probably fine (me speaking for me). But if you want to write a two paragraph explicit execution scene... sure, go for it? Just put it in spoilers.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Dezco

Heya! I'd like to show my interest! I'll start working on some character concepts!

Ryu Wojin

I assume since it wasn't mentioned, background skills are not a thing?

LisztesFerenc

Wonderful to see all this interest, can't wait to see what character concepts people come up with!

The characters will get background later as they adopt roles within their kingdom's government.

Ryu Wojin

background skills are actually a thing where the more... unused and ignored skills are given 2 skill points per level to add flavor to a character, effectively.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/

Definately interested to see what you have in mind though ^^

LisztesFerenc

That's what I meant yeah, they'll get background skills once they adopt roles in the kingdom, to reflect the large amount of downtime.

Ryu Wojin

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ryu Wojin on November 28, 2018, 06:20:01 AM
I like this concept and I have a suggestion to ask. If I was to make a character who I'd like to take to Lichdom later down the line, could I do a more... Fleshy kind of lich who still can have pleasures of the flesh?

Considering I run the undead gish (staff magus eldrict scion with destiny bloodline), my undead is skeletal champion and plan is for him learn alter self later on to have 'fleshy' body to use enjoy carnal pleasures with (he can presently enjoy erotica by being voyeur/observer, in more intelectual sense, as he lacks proper 'bone' to bone someone ;)). Albeit he is NE and may be strong willed but I plan run him as sort who listens the council (made by fellow PC's) about grand plans and such. His own ambittion is just shamelesly get more and more power overtime.

But as mentioned a full time arcane caster is what group lacks at the moment, my gish is rather tanky already so he counts as melee front as a tank (both by AC and undead template giving some resistances/immunities and some DR). But feel free come up anything as it's more concepts and personality of chars which count the most.

Ryu Wojin

I was going over it with Lisz, but if I am approved for Soul Weaver. I'd be an undead creating full caster who has good utility abilities and helps buff undead well. So your magus would prolly like me being able to aid their attack, saving throws, and ac.