Hell's Redemption - Seeking Players! ~Females desired, but all welcome!~

Started by Lucifia, November 01, 2018, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifia

Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

Check out my RP request section and browse my best of' characters!

Also, Check out my Ons and Offs!

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Atheism is a Religion... Like Abstinence is a Sex Position...like Bald is a Hair Style... like Single is a relationship...like Fasting is a Meal...It's NOT!

I also have an F-List!

Lucifia

Happy to accept new interested players! very much story-driving group RP here!

I also have an F-List!

Drakan

Re Z L

A&A

Drakan

Very well I'll get started on a character profile.  Is there an established Human kingdom?

Re Z L

There's some info here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=136574.0 and https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184627.0

But, there's not much in the way of info for humans.  Not sure if you're working on a human character or not, but they'd be pretty weak compared to most of the other PCs thusfar--just fair warning.  Previously Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Alias Port were Human controlled locations (with alliances of various kinds) so that might give you somewhere to start.  Otherwise maybe send Lucifia a PM with whatever questions you might have  :)
A&A

Drakan

I suppose that's true.  I never liked fielding a super strong warrior type, more like one who can provide awesome assistance.  I figure with all the ravaging that has gone on with the human race from the wars it would make the story more interesting that of all the remaining humans, one could stand out amongst most.  However to spice it up I could probably add in his back story that his mothered was raped by either elves or a werewolves and raised a halfbreed.

Re Z L

Quote from: Drakan on December 22, 2018, 11:00:17 PM
I suppose that's true.  I never liked fielding a super strong warrior type, more like one who can provide awesome assistance.  I figure with all the ravaging that has gone on with the human race from the wars it would make the story more interesting that of all the remaining humans, one could stand out amongst most.  However to spice it up I could probably add in his back story that his mothered was raped by either elves or a werewolves and raised a halfbreed.

Up to you, I know there's been some relatively normal humans in the game before, so it's not unprecedented, I only mention it so you know what to expect  :)
A&A

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 22, 2018, 11:00:17 PM

All the werewolves have been sealed in Hell for the last thousand years, and the elves aren't much more powerful then the humans. Basically all the PCs are Angels, Demons, or some other race that was sealed in Hell with the Demons after they lost the war a thousand years ago and only the examples of that race that were as strong as Demons, or who could become that strong, have survived.

You can make a mortal character, they were in the previous attempt at this game, they'll just be massively under-powered compared to the other PCs.

If you want to make an awesome support character then I'd recommend ether making a support mage or an Angel who's made an exhaustive study of technology over the last thousand years or so, sort of a Gadgeteer type character? Possibly both? Maybe an Alchemist or a Runesmith? Something along those lines. Otherwise you risk making a character too weak to do anything on their own, and with 'aid' that's too weak to actually help any of the other PCs.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Drakan

Quote from: Saric on December 22, 2018, 11:36:23 PM
All the werewolves have been sealed in Hell for the last thousand years, and the elves aren't much more powerful then the humans. Basically all the PCs are Angels, Demons, or some other race that was sealed in Hell with the Demons after they lost the war a thousand years ago and only the examples of that race that were as strong as Demons, or who could become that strong, have survived.

You can make a mortal character, they were in the previous attempt at this game, they'll just be massively under-powered compared to the other PCs.

If you want to make an awesome support character then I'd recommend ether making a support mage or an Angel who's made an exhaustive study of technology over the last thousand years or so, sort of a Gadgeteer type character? Possibly both? Maybe an Alchemist or a Runesmith? Something along those lines. Otherwise you risk making a character too weak to do anything on their own, and with 'aid' that's too weak to actually help any of the other PCs.

hmmm well when you put it that way I suppose it would probably be a good idea to avoid the whole human thing all together.  The idea of a runemaster skill would be interesting, since I was thinking of him having forging abilities.  So an angel that decides to disassociate with the others and self-exiles himself, would that be considered a fallen angel or just one of a neutral alignment?

Re Z L

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:26:15 AM
hmmm well when you put it that way I suppose it would probably be a good idea to avoid the whole human thing all together.  The idea of a runemaster skill would be interesting, since I was thinking of him having forging abilities.  So an angel that decides to disassociate with the others and self-exiles himself, would that be considered a fallen angel or just one of a neutral alignment?

There are neutral angels, the Fallen would be ones that were specifically cast out for some reason or another
A&A

Drakan

got it thanks ReZL.  Might need your help with choosing a picture but I'll get at it on a character sheet

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:26:15 AM

Well the Dwarves have been on good terms with the Heavens for some time now, and they have the best Runesmiths... Maybe he could have gone on an extended sabbatical to get away from the increasingly tyrannical actions of Heaven and only enter open rebellion now that Templaris has rebelled? That would let you go with an Angelic smith and runemaster build without having to worry about the color of the Angel's wings when you go looking for pictures.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Drakan

Quote from: Saric on December 23, 2018, 12:49:24 AM
Well the Dwarves have been on good terms with the Heavens for some time now, and they have the best Runesmiths... Maybe he could have gone on an extended sabbatical to get away from the increasingly tyrannical actions of Heaven and only enter open rebellion now that Templaris has rebelled? That would let you go with an Angelic smith and runemaster build without having to worry about the color of the Angel's wings when you go looking for pictures.

*nods*  that's a good idea, so rather then self-exile he took an extended leave of absence.

Drakan

alright almost done, just need to finish the physical description and the picture.   So I picked out a few of the latter and need an opinion on which image looks best.  Don't want to steal the goods ones lol

https://ibb.co/smSZTNN
https://ibb.co/1d8PSvn
https://ibb.co/1GLM7kG
https://ibb.co/6Ydwgkf

whats the vote? lol

Re Z L

A&A

Drakan

Alrighty without further adieu

Character: Keos the Branded
Player: Drakan
Type/Faction: Angel-neutral
Age and Gender: Male, Age 1183
Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.  To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

Technomancy:  Passive-Through experience and the knowledge of several centuries Keos had adapted himself to understanding mechanics and technology of the era.  Understanding how something works, being able to cleanly dismantle, reassemble or even discover problems and being able to apply strong and fast repairs.  Several of his weapons and armors that he had forged in his past even carried several mechanical and technological features.  In addition with the knowledge of both human and even dwarven technology he is able to hide himself easily anywhere on Earth as a capable mechanical expert

Angelic Rage:  Elite Skill-Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

Apperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however,  he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Background Story: Keos unlike other angels was not one to stand out in his accomplishments and duties.  Though a capable soldier in Heaven's army he spent most of his time  behind a forge.  The weapons and armors used to battle the evils of Hell are examples of his craft, and even after the death of Satan he continued to pour his sweat and strength behind hammer and anvil.  Yet as he watched the leadership of Heaven develop into what it had become, Keos felt a gnawing conflict in his heart.  He watched as his weapons were used to fuel the Illumi's inquisitorial process.  The whisper of even the smallest hint of evil, even if likely untrue or unfounded was still met with a cruelty he had seen often before.  Sickened by this he refused to forge weapons no more and decided that his talents should not serve Heaven at this capacity.  Removing himself from the heavens he resided himself to the great Dwarven stronghold of Ortonan, continuing a very long extended leave of absence, of which he used to his advantage studying rune craftsmanship.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom.

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 02:02:18 AM
alright almost done, just need to finish the physical description and the picture.   So I picked out a few of the latter and need an opinion on which image looks best.  Don't want to steal the goods ones lol

https://ibb.co/smSZTNN
https://ibb.co/1d8PSvn
https://ibb.co/1GLM7kG
https://ibb.co/6Ydwgkf

whats the vote? lol

Personally #3 got my vote, as even as a non-combat specialty he comes from a warrior race. Not to mention I'd expect a forgemaster to wear even better armor then the warriors, since he can customize his own to exactly what he wants and needs, as well as because he needs the superior arms and armor to balance out the superior martial skill of his opponents. Then again, he could still be wearing armor and just have that be what he looks like under it. :P

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
Alrighty without further adieu

Age and Gender: Male, Age unknown
Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.

Runecraft: To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

Hidden Appearance:  Angels always had a way of sticking out no matter where they go which often attracted attention both good and especially bad.  Keos having taken an extended period of absence from the heavens felt the need to not draw unwanted attention.  This ability allowed him to mask his angelic aura and mask to all eyes his wings, leaving him to resemble a human, one of untold millions.  Yet the only way to look past this guise for what he truly is relies on knowing where to look.

Fury of the Heavens:  By combining the passion of red magic and the logic of blue Keos can direct a pillar of white fire that burns and incinerates any that comes within contact.  The range of the attack is only a few yards but it is extremely difficult to deflect.  For some blades of the finest metals they would endure but for more standard weapons they would shatter the moment the ability had finished.

Angelic Rage:  Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

Apperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however, thanks to his Hidden Appearance skill he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Background Story: Keos unlike other angels was not one to stand out in his accomplishments and duties.  Though a capable soldier in Heaven's army he spent most of his time  behind a forge.  The weapons and armors used to battle the evils of Hell are examples of his craft, and even after the death of Satan he continued to pour his sweat and strength behind hammer and anvil.  Yet as he watched the leadership of Heaven develop into what it had become, Keos felt a gnawing conflict in his heart.  He watched as his weapons were used to fuel the Illumi's inquisitorial process.  The whisper of even the smallest hint of evil, even if likely untrue or unfounded was still met with a cruelty he had seen often before.  Sickened by this he refused to forge weapons no more and decided that his talents should not serve Heaven at this capacity.  Removing himself from the heavens he resided himself to the great Dwarven stronghold of Ortonan, continuing a very long extended leave of absence, of which he used to his advantage studying rune craftsmanship.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom, which is especially true when a strong  demonic presence is close by.

Okay, a couple of issues here.

First: Mostly formatting issues. To start modify the first img tag so it looks like this (but with brackets) {img height=300}. That will shrink the pic so it doesn't take up the entire page, but people can still click on it if they want to expand it again. I've modified your post with it so go ahead and view the image in the quote so you can see the difference, note that you can't expand an image in a quote but you would be able too in the main post. I've also changed the tags to 'floatright' as that's the code for this site.

Second: Why doesn't he know his own age? Are you unsure of how old to make him? Or is there a specific reason?

Third: I'd recommend combining his abilities to reduce redundancy, the fewer abilities he has, the stronger they all are. So "Runecrafting" could cover the forging of arms, armor, and tools and marking them with Runes of Power, a single general ability that's still strong but doesn't limit you so much. Also Runes, as a form of "Ancient Magic" can have effects beyond the traditional five 'color magics'. Maybe differentiate his skill by making him able to 'spell' runic 'words' with different and more powerful effects? Like being able to imbue a sword with that 'Fury of the Heavens' thing? Or possibly let him mark temporary runes on a piece of equipment in combat, so that you've got something you can do once the fighting has started other then just bashing people with a magic hammer.

Forth: Both 'Fury of the Heavens' and 'Angelic Rage' seem to be a result of raw magic being channels by him, rather then a spell. Perhaps simply give him the ability to inscribe runes upon flesh in general, or his own in particular if that seems too powerful, and make them runic effects that he's inscribed into himself? Otherwise I'd say to make one of his abilities general spell casting, and his 'ultimate' skill the ability to combine two different colors of magic for a more powerful effect, but at the cost of draining himself. Then make 'Fury of the Heavens' be an example of a Red/Blue spell, while 'Angelic Rage' seems more like a Red/Green or Red/White spell.

Fifth: One of the underlying themes of this RP is the way demonkind are not entirely 'evil' while angels are not wholly 'good', so while you can certainly limit 'Angelic Rage' to only function in the presence of evil the bit in his personality about "when a strong demonic presence is close by." is more of a traditional fantasy setting's good vs evil alignment then the deliberately murky grey morality that this game generally aims for.

Any thoughts, questions, comments, concerns? I'd like to help however I can, so you can make the best character you can.

Drakan

Alrighty, sorry I was half asleep when i created this (finishing up a day of work), so I'll get started on the corrections :P  The goofball in me though says "Rats!!! couldn't nail a hole in one."

in regards as to why only using the 5 magics in his rune making skills, well I figured since the technique was fairly new to him that it would seem awkward to have him practically as good if not better by those who practically invented it.  The skill I figure could evolve during the chapters.

In regards to your 4th comment, so would you recommend that i have the skill where he can inscribe the ruins on flesh of anyone or himself and have those two spells be examples of the cross channeling of two types magics?

Saric

Quote from: Drakan on December 23, 2018, 04:10:11 PM
Alrighty, sorry I was half asleep when i created this (finishing up a day of work), so I'll get started on the corrections :P  The goofball in me though says "Rats!!! couldn't nail a hole in one."

in regards as to why only using the 5 magics in his rune making skills, well I figured since the technique was fairly new to him that it would seem awkward to have him practically as good if not better by those who practically invented it.  The skill I figure could evolve during the chapters.

In regards to your 4th comment, so would you recommend that i have the skill where he can inscribe the ruins on flesh of anyone or himself and have those two spells be examples of the cross channeling of two types magics?

Depending on when you have him get fed up with Heaven and take his 'sabbatical' he could have been studying rune magic for almost a thousand years, that's longer then most dwarven runesmiths live, much less devote themselves entirely to the study of the craft. Got to keep those lifespans in account when developing that power curve! You could still have him develop his personal techniques as things progress and he gets more practice though.

I'd say let him scribe himself freely, but only be able to imbue someone else with a single color of magic in a general way and only temporarily. Then, as he gets more and more practice with working on other people you can add to the duration, complexity, and power of the effect before culminating in his being able to use his cross channeling technique on others. But we should probably try to run this by Lucifia before we get too much deeper into it, just to make sure she's okay with the idea at all! :P

Drakan

Here here, sounds like some good recommendations.  Once Lucifia gives us the thumbs up I will immediately update and fix my character sheet.

Lucifia

Thanks for answer those questions in my little absence Saric! I have a few suggestions if you would like to hear them, Drakan!

Age and Gender: Male, Age 1183
This bit looks good of course.

Skills/Abilities:
Weapon/Armor forging: A craftsman of war, Keos has forged the tools necessary to battle the enemies of Heaven.  Capable of creating any kind of weapon or armor that could harm demon or angel alike, providing he has the necessary materials to do so.  He also is capable of doing on the spot repairing and maintenance of such equipment.  To go along with Keos' ability to forge the tools of war, he can also imbue them with the 5 traditional forms of magic via runes that he uses forged into the weapon or armor.  A talent he had developed from his time with the dwarves, it is both a strong support technique and also lucrative considering how unique in demand rune-crafting is.

I like this one, the 5 colors of magic are definitely in the era of angels and demons. Runesmithing and runes are actually ancient magic known mainly by the dwarves. So it would make sense that Keos would be the only angel to really know about it. That could also have been his excuse for self-exile, that he wanted to learn more about rune magic.

QuoteHidden Appearance:  Angels always had a way of sticking out no matter where they go which often attracted attention both good and especially bad.  Keos having taken an extended period of absence from the heavens felt the need to not draw unwanted attention.  This ability allowed him to mask his angelic aura and mask to all eyes his wings, leaving him to resemble a human, one of untold millions.  Yet the only way to look past this guise for what he truly is relies on knowing where to look.

I'd probably give you this one as a passive non-listed ability. Most abilities are ones that actively have uses. So you can replace this with another ability, or not if you don't want too. Given your history, perhaps might have an ability such as "Technomancer: a strong affinity for technology of any era, allowing easy interface with many different cultures' electronics, enchantments, or other such things

Fury of the Heavens:  By combining the passion of red magic and the logic of blue Keos can direct a pillar of white fire that burns and incinerates any that comes within contact.  The range of the attack is only a few yards but it is extremely difficult to deflect.  For some blades of the finest metals they would endure but for more standard weapons they would shatter the moment the ability had finished.

QuoteAngelic Rage:  Warping his body in red magic, Keos can call on the essence of it to fuel his body with heavenly rage, causing him to lose minor sense of his surroundings for a major boost in his combat abilities.  Doing so grants him additional strength, speed and agility yet the effect can only be triggered if a massive aura of evil is present.  The after effect of the spell however consumes a lot of stamina and normally will leave him tired.

This one would be your major ability I imagine? If so, awesome! It can be marked as the major ability!

QuoteApperance: During his time in Heaven, Keos was a fine example of angelic being; a proud six foot tall, long auburn hair that danced like the wildest of fires, tanned hardened skins from centuries behind the forge and quicksilver eyes that burned brighter then any flame.  Archaic inscription were tattooed on the upper half of his body which traveled towards his left hand, allowing him to channel his skills with both a sword and a forging hammer through his left arm.  His wings also were inscribed like his body with glowing red glyphs which allow him to channel the rawest of red magic for him to cultivate.  Since his departure however, thanks to his Hidden Appearance skill he appears like any other human; without wings, bearing no holy presence.  Oddly enough while in Ortonan he decided to have his hair dyed black, and traded in for more impoverished attire.

Personality:  Prior to his departure from Heaven, Keos always quiet and reserved.  Especially among other angels he always seemed to present himself as one lower before them usually leaving him hardly speaking to them or just simple oblivious of their presence (even if its him they seek counsel).  Since coming to Ortonan however, he had grown to develop more of a sense of humor, especially after imbibing alcohol and stories with the dwarves.  His anger however, when intimidated or forcibly drawn out can burn with a flame stronger then any forge could fathom.[/left]

Excellent bit!

I also have an F-List!

Drakan

Thank you Lucifia, the recommendations are really helpful.  When ahead and applied them, also removed the Fury of the Heavens skill so that seems like a reasonable skill score for him.  Looking forward to participating in your work :)

Lucifia

Awesome, I'll add you to the character roster. In fact, you only have 3 abilities, so I will allow you at some point later to aquire another ability :). You happen to be in Ortanon... perhaps everyone wishes to go there?

I also have an F-List!