X-men: Imagination - Sandbox - Recruiting Open - Students now Welcome

Started by Alias, November 09, 2017, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesSureWould

Alias

Quote from: JamesSureWould on November 14, 2017, 09:18:05 PM
I think we're just supposed to PM them to Alias

yuhp, that's the current protocol. This is the only thread in regards to the game so far. More stuff coming soon, we're gathering a lot of attention.

Gilgameshian

Question: How should we treat characters that haven't been selected yet? For example, if I wanted to say that (like in the comics) that Hellion had gotten some mentoring from Emma Frost would that be okay? Or should I stray away from that and keep anything like that to basically Xavier since he's pretty much the NPC we can count on to have been there?

If that makes sense.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Amarlo

QuoteFighting: 00 - Agility: 00 - Strength: 00 - Endurance: 00 - Reason: 00 - Intuition: 00 - Psyche: 00

So I have a question about the above. Can you define them as they would contribute towards the game/character? Like what sort of things they'd be used for? Etc? Please and thank you. ^^;

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

WilyRiley

*poofs in*
I'm working on a Rogue CS, as well as a Kitty CS.
Might get them done tonight, if not..for sure tomorrow. With enough poking and prodding ^^

Alias

Quote from: Gilgameshian on November 15, 2017, 12:14:29 AM
Question: How should we treat characters that haven't been selected yet? For example, if I wanted to say that (like in the comics) that Hellion had gotten some mentoring from Emma Frost would that be okay? Or should I stray away from that and keep anything like that to basically Xavier since he's pretty much the NPC we can count on to have been there?

If that makes sense.

feel free to use these figures as NPCs, but do your best to focus on your character in their history, and how the story effects them. If conflicts emerge as more people join, we'll handle those case by case

Quote from: Amarlo on November 15, 2017, 12:17:40 AM

So I have a question about the above. Can you define them as they would contribute towards the game/character? Like what sort of things they'd be used for? Etc? Please and thank you. ^^;
Fighting: ability to do physical combat
Agility: overall dexterity involving flexibility, acrobatics, and reflexes
Strength: Physical srength
Endurance: Ability to take damage, and the constitution of the characters physical body
Reason: Ability to solve problems, effectiveness of brain, puzzle solving (education does not always come into play)
Intuition: Consider this as luck, or ability to sense danger and omens. Some characters tend to be in the right place at the right time. Others are the exact opposite.
Psyche: Two fold, 1.) Psychic ability: Telepathy, telekensis, empathic sense, illusions, etc. 2.) Sanity, the lower it is, the less sane the character is

All of these stat points are here for reference, and since everyone has the same number of points, it's about figuring out how players intend to use their character. Very rarely will these stats be used. I don't expect there to be much player vs. player scenes, and I'm not using a system. So, it's almost ceremonial, but it also helps me suss out how characters will be played ahead of time.

Quote from: WilyRiley on November 15, 2017, 12:25:02 AM
*poofs in*
I'm working on a Rogue CS, as well as a Kitty CS.
Might get them done tonight, if not..for sure tomorrow. With enough poking and prodding ^^

yay, hi!

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Ace Flyer

*plops in flag*

Deadpool CS in the works!

Edit: And a tentative Jean Grey.

Alias

Quote from: Amarlo on November 15, 2017, 02:25:33 AM
Thanks for the run down! ^^

no probs!!

Quote from: Ace Flyer on November 15, 2017, 02:56:05 AM
*plops in flag*

Deadpool CS in the works!

welcome love!!!

I should be putting up an ooc and a character sheet thread tonight or the day after. With that in mind, I would ask people to refrain from committing to groups just yet. I would like to have most characters with finished character sheets before we start to partition the group into multiple groups.

You all are amazing! If anyone has submitted a CS, I'll be sending you PM's about some big picture stuff to get a good sense of the larger group. I'll be keeping this thread going, but get excite, we're making the steps. We're doing it!

Amarlo

Side note! -Waves to the people she knows and doesn't know.- I look forward to plotting with all of you. ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Alias

It's happening!!!!!
It's happening.

The threads are up, if you have an approved character and a character sheet for them, you can join both threads and enjoy yourself. Only post characters in the CS thread, and only OOC stuff in the OOC thread. Loves to all!!

Character Thread

Out of Chracter Thread

EDIT: More are welcome. The launch is not a cut off for new players, and the IC threads are still waiting to come out. Be sure to check the first thread, it's pretty massive now.

Sasquatch421

I'm getting closer to being finished with Cannonball. Should have him sent later today... Last night lost the net for some reason so started binging American Gods.

Alias

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on November 17, 2017, 11:03:32 AM
I'm getting closer to being finished with Cannonball. Should have him sent later today... Last night lost the net for some reason so started binging American Gods.

sounds good! :)

yuki92

Alias

that all sounds good to me. We still have space, fitting the right squads together with late comers might be tricky, but I'm sure I can find a way to make it work. :)

AmandaWho

Alias running a game, I know it's pure gold *smiles*

I'm interested if there is still room. I imagine by now you have your teams fairly well set. I have no chosen character or concept yet at this point, and if you're not accepting new people that's cool too.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and the turkey didn't turn out to be Mystique in disguise and she murdered everyone! :)

Amanda

Alias

Quote from: AmandaWho on November 27, 2017, 11:32:25 AM

I'm interested if there is still room. I imagine by now you have your teams fairly well set. I have no chosen character or concept yet at this point, and if you're not accepting new people that's cool too.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and the turkey didn't turn out to be Mystique in disguise and she murdered everyone! :)

Amanda

Oh my!!! AW! Hi!
You are welcome to join. It's never too late for this rp. I'll do my best to add a list of characters that are taken. For now, I'll link you to our character thread and our info thread, there's a list of characters there and the current squads

info thread
character thread

AmandaWho

OMG, I went through your Character Thread and there are a lot of people in this game! *grins* I see a lot of familiar faces too, so *waves to you all, using both arms since there are so many*

Well, before I pour through character names to choose someone, I'll just ask ... is there anyone on a team right now who is really jonesing for a particular female character to sign up? It might be easier if I filled a hole that's already in need. And I didn't mean that to sound sexual at all (actually, I lied, I did hehe).

Doomsday

Quote from: AmandaWho on November 27, 2017, 01:20:44 PM
OMG, I went through your Character Thread and there are a lot of people in this game! *grins* I see a lot of familiar faces too, so *waves to you all, using both arms since there are so many*

Well, before I pour through character names to choose someone, I'll just ask ... is there anyone on a team right now who is really jonesing for a particular female character to sign up? It might be easier if I filled a hole that's already in need. And I didn't mean that to sound sexual at all (actually, I lied, I did hehe).

Hmm, I know dame was interested in playing Storm, but I haven't seen her mention it since. Storm would be important to Illyana's background. Otherwise, nobody I can think of. Emma Frost mayhaps?

Alias

Adding to what dooms said, I don't think so. I can poll the ooc if ya want. :P
But for the most part, I think new characters are pretty much an open roster.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: AmandaWho on November 27, 2017, 11:32:25 AM

Amanda

AW!!!

AmandaWho

Quote from: JamesSureWould on November 27, 2017, 05:12:52 PM
AW!!!

James! *grins*

It's good to see you and the rest of the old gang. You're the best bunch of storytellers, and people, I've ever run across here :)

JamesSureWould